• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Green Hills

Reactions: WolfFarkas
Green Hills

Map Info:

A tranquil region located in the center of the human kingdoms, its narrow passageways serve as the only entrance through to the main cities. Control of the Green Hills would allow free passageway for any faction who can claim it.

Features:
  • Highground Expansion
  • 4 Gold Mines - 12500 Main, 12000 Expansions
  • 6 Green Creep Camps
  • 10 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 2 Goblin Laboratories
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots:
[
nTHKXHE.jpg

Author Notes:
Inspired by my other map Mountain Pass.

Update: 04-May-2016: Removed island expansions. Replaced the merc with the shop and removed shop from center, so it's now just a orange camp.

Keywords:
filmting, melee, melee map, competetive, 1v1, 1on1, 2 players, super fun time, lordaeron, summer, tileset, bonestorm, more bonestorm
Contents

Green Hills (Map)

Reviews
09:19, 23rd Oct 2014 Orcnet: The build for a 1 on 1 match for this map is decently made, and quick access to scouting and provisions to goldmine expansions by 1 cliff to another is quite a unique move. The terrain work should be given some...

M

09:19, 23rd Oct 2014
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

The build for a 1 on 1 match for this map is decently made, and quick access to scouting and provisions to goldmine expansions by 1 cliff to another is quite a unique move.

The terrain work should be given some little more polish as for coming updates, the wide tileset look gave in a monotone view you might want to variate it with rough/grassy dirt to reveal a natural look. The cliffs in the middle region of the map seems to be a problem as well, either expand a couple more cliff more to add rocks or other doodads because that space more trees seems man-made, give it some natural view as well. And lastly the gates in the middle upper and lower parts of the map is unidentified somehow, how about make the action of opening it and add some creeps? probably bandits or gnolls would fit it.

Overall, map has good quality for a 2 man match. Can be approved.

Level 2
did you even download the map? ^ upon writing this comment there is 3 downloads which were all from me.

Review: Good map, nicely balanced, simple and elegant terrain works effectively . Creeps camps are good, with all 4 races able to take multiple options and creep routes. The lab and island expos can create some interesting games, especially on a map as small as this.

All in all 9/10

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Not a bad idea, but I think this map would be a lot better on a bigger layout.
It's way too small and some players (mostly human players) will have an unfair advantage, because of the type of their strategy.
Like Mythic said, it could use a bit more tile variation.
All in all, it's not bad :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
very interesting idea

i sugest to be more standar with the creeps of the gold mines and the goblin labs

goldmine you have: two orges , one troll and one golem, i think creeps should be 1 race , all orges all trolls all golems

labs: put all golems or all gnolls

just for aesthethics, and this is just really really really minor, so never mind

see ya

Level 16
I am standard in terms of balance. You want it more unified in terms of aesthethics, which is not my primary focus with most of my melee maps. I try to make comptetively viable maps which priorities balance over beauty. I can see most people don't care much for melee maps and rate them based on how they look with little knowledge of what goes into making a good balanced melee map. Yes sometimes there is room for improvements aesthethically, such as tilesets and various other things, but not if it comprimises balance. I go for certain styles with each map, and i don't think you have to use every tile in the tileset your using in a chaotic mixture to make it look more interresting. In terms of this map the tilesets are just fine, and i purposely went for a more styleised clean grassy look because it's a semi urban well traveled area. I do agree though, there is always room for minor improvements, but i'm happy with what i have here and i don't plan on using the dark grass anywhere but deep forest areas. It is Green Hills afterall. I compare most of my melee maps to those by blizzard, and by those standards i think the tileset and doodads are just fine. Anyway i do apreciate comments, and i take what i can from them. Do not feel discouraged to leave your opinions.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I played your map and I commented based on what I've experienced during gameplay.
And I disagree with what you said about the beauty of the map. It is what gives the map it's identity. Otherwise, people wouldn't need to download them. You can just play blizzard maps instead, since they are well-balanced.

Level 2
Great map! The trees positioning and amount in the spawn locations seems perfect. Enjoyable playtrough.

Even thought I dislike Twisted Meadows I like this map.

Dislike the corpses over the north and south gates.