• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hunt for Razgriz

After the original upload of this map a very long time ago I have spent a lot of time on this map:

This is an ORPG/Hero Defense map. The goal is to have a group of 3+ people (Though can be done with 2, its very difficult to 100%) fight past hordes of enemies to kill the bosses and save the Castle. In its simplest form it is a 4 boss PVE game with a single hero and DOTA-Like abilities. However there is an absolute huge amount of side quests and bosses to fight, taking the original 4 and making them look like a cake walk. These Include 4 bosses in a jungle area, 3 bosses in a flooded cave, and 2 minibosses as prerequisites to them.

The map is complete as is, but it has been a constant source of enjoyment for me to go back and adjust more stuff, for this reason I consider it a WIP in the same way Minecraft is still considered a WIP. With that said Nightmare difficulty is completely untested it is designed for a full game of players which is very hard to find for me.

To leave feedback you can do it here, or on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hunt-for-Razgriz/172961156055775 or you can reach me on Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/nightmaresdream/
Patch Notes are available here: http://pastebin.com/c4sN9RSH

Map work began in August 2009 by Kitmuri.
First Public Release 1.21.0b
Current Version: 1.27.0b

Known Bugs:
-Khadgar's Pipe & Scepter of Healing Aura Icons don't appear.
-If using cheats to bypass certain bosses (Pathing Exploiting) Some triggers will bug and either not turn on, or not turn off (Due to events being triggered out of order)

For lack of a better Credits:
Zekran (US: East) My husband who helps me play test the new content I add nearly every day.
Haloshadow (US: East) one of the few people who has actually taken the ~3 hours it takes to 100% complete the entire map of every possible secret hidden unit and boss.
Shadecon (US: East) good friend who stuck it through with me back when I didn't even know how to make the most simple trigger work correctly. He suffered through a lot of Alpha stuff :(

The Hive Workshop, for a place to share this map and opportunity for feedback to improve it more
The Razgriz Poem for inspiration for making this map. (Ace Combat 5)

Keywords:
Demon, Razgriz, RPG, Defense, Custom, Hero
Contents

The Hunt for Razgriz (Map)

Reviews
09:52, 26th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 15
Review! #1

[+] Indicates good points in your map,[=] indicates what can be improved, but is okay how it is,[-] is for bad things that can be improved/removed,[?] is for bugs, [!] is for glitches.

[+] The game has potential, and can be a good map with polishing!
[+] Good selection of heroes.
[+] Not too many players is allowed, what makes the game more suitable for small groups of friends or clan members.
[=] The blademasters ultimate, bladestorm had no [level #] after its name.
[=] The picture that is down, it shows the place where were many felguards, they were massed and granted good experience, but they were awfully weak, also the same for golems, they gave me very good gold.
[=] Many hostile monsters were not custom that made them weak for the attack damage, because the damage the units had normally was very high.
[=] The system you used for reviving was lacking.
[-] Balance was bad.
[-] Units names were not original.
[-] Terrain was lacking.
[-] In the start i had no idea what to do, some moment just popped a thing that told me that bonus #1 was lost?
[-] When a player leaves, it doesnt show his name, only that player 2 ETC.
[-] The distance between the shops and the battlefield was huge.
[-] The zerglins that attacked were slow but they did massive damage and therefor consumed much of your health.
[-] Blademasters bladestorm spell was very high and must be nerfed!
[?] N/A
[!] N/A

196985-albums4133-picture38971.jpg

There for my rating is 2.1/5
Not a map that i would play more than once.

Last edited:
Level 2
to kinda reply to u elbubs since ur only constructive person here...

the map is designed to be something like a dungeon in wow... i can tell from your screen shot u farmed the first and 2nd areas to lvl 20 (or used cheats).

the balancing is a terrible thing to work with, and i agree there, the players leaving, im terrible with variables, so no excuse there.

The zerg lords are there for the sole purpose of trying to get people to not farm lvls in the first area X_X and in a decent sized group the time bonus is something that can be fun and enjoyable.

as far as lack of directions....thats my fault entirely, i have been playing this map just with friends for a good year or so now, so with them the goal is always clear, go here, kill that kinda thing... unfortunatly i didnt rly plan on uploading it to any websites, was more of a spur of the moment kinda thing.... thus me breaking some rule which i dont have time to read up on atm lol

all in all, the map rly isnt ready for public release until i tune things to be more "ok go do this" kinda stuff. but thanks for ur response and when i get a chance ill try to fix those issues
(ps: the blademasters ultimate is nothing compared to others, and late game even the ultimates arent enough... the game is balanced to be lvl 7-9 at first boss, 15 at 2nd boss, and 20 for the rest.)

Level 22
Review! #1

[+] Indicates good points in your map,[=] indicates what can be improved, but is okay how it is,[-] is for bad things that can be improved/removed,[?] is for bugs, [!] is for glitches.

[+] The game has potential, and can be a good map with polishing!
[+] Good selection of heroes.
[+] Not too many players is allowed, what makes the game more suitable for small groups of friends or clan members.
[=] The blademasters ultimate, bladestorm had no [level #] after its name.
[=] The picture that is down, it shows the place where were many felguards, they were massed and granted good experience, but they were awfully weak, also the same for golems, they gave me very good gold.
[=] Many hostile monsters were not custom that made them weak for the attack damage, because the damage the units had normally was very high.
[=] The system you used for reviving was lacking.
[-] Balance was bad.
[-] Units names were not original.
[-] Terrain was lacking.
[-] In the start i had no idea what to do, some moment just popped a thing that told me that bonus #1 was lost?
[-] When a player leaves, it doesnt show his name, only that player 2 ETC.
[-] The distance between the shops and the battlefield was huge.
[-] The zerglins that attacked were slow but they did massive damage and therefor consumed much of your health.
[-] Blademasters bladestorm spell was very high and must be nerfed!
[?] N/A
[!] N/A

196985-albums4133-picture38971.jpg

There for my rating is 2.1/5
Not a map that i would play more than once.

Review Marked.

Rating: 2/5
Vote for:
Approved