• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alkar Mirana Wars v3.6 + AI

Reactions: UndeadImmortal
Alkar Mirana Wars
WITH AI NOW!!!
This map was created to open a special fun league on one of the battle-net servers ALKAR.
You play as Mirana (hero from DotA). There are 2 teams (every team consists of 4 persons). There are 4 game modes and changeable limit of kills to win:

• Normal mode: every Mirana has 2 main skills (Arrow and special one), Leep (but you need to buy it) and 2 passive bonus skills, which are upgradeable and enchance your arrows.
  • FFA mode: every player has no allies, only enemies! This mode for high skill players, because the winner is only one!
  • League mode: the most appropriate mode for tournaments. So in this mode there are no Mines and the limit of Kills is equal to 20!
  • Deathmatch mode: in this mode there are very few upgrades for arrows, as a single arrow kills the target!
  • AMWL mode: this mode is reserved only for 1 server, as we have bots, which calculate Mirana scores. It is used by the League, so you don't need to try this mode without bots.
  • AMWL (FFA) mode: every player has no allies, only enemies! This mode for high skill players, because the winner is only one. Mode is widely played by pro-players of AMWL league.

• Ninja: Mirana, who goes in the middle of battle, because she has splash skills with low range. Very good art for she is Earht arrow! After casting Elune's arrow spell you can appear in the center of enemies position and break them down!
  • Shocker: Hero, who has chain lightning as a secondary skill! It has normal range, so that she stands always behind her allies. One of the best arts for she is Orb of poison. After hiting 1 time each of the enemies you can try to kill them with lightning!
  • Hunter: One of the most choosed heroes on tournaments! She has entangling roots, disabling enemy heroes. Enemies to focus her need to buy fire arrows, which remove roots from allies. Also Orb of lightning can remove roots, so that allies needn't buy it!
  • Mage: The support hero, who has no dmg. dealt with second skill, but has low cooldown Hex. This hero is very powerfull in one team with Hunter. Very good art for her is Orb of corruption, which decreases enemies armor!

As I've said, Arrows are upgradeable. You can enchance their speed, damage and even create special effects, when you shoot the target!

• Elune's bow enchance skroll: this skroll allows you to make your arrows fly faster. Every lvl of enchance upgrades your passive ability "Elune's bow" and has different bow models! Has 7 lvls of enchance.
  • Elune's arrow enchance skroll: makes your arrows stronger and gives +dmg. Has 3 lvls of enchance - every lvl - +30dmg.
  • Elune's tiger training skroll: teaches your tiger to jump! First upgrade activates your "Leap" ability and 3 further upgrades make the distance bigger. So, it has 4 lvls.

There are also 4 types of consumable arrows, which give spesial abilities to your arrow for 1 shot!

• Fire arrow: gives splash dmg., if the target is an enemy, and removes all negative buffs, if the target is ally.
  • Nature arrow: burns mana, if the target is enemy, and heals, if the target is ally.
  • Earth arrow: gives bonus dmg. and slows enemies (if target is alive, teleports caster to target position). If target is ally, teleports him to caster position. It is a good arrow to save allies or accidently start the battle.
  • Wind arrow: has no effects on allies, but damages all enemies on its way! Has no stun effect, but ignores all buffs and shields![/color].

Some other features:
  • interesting gameplay;
  • 4 modes and 6 values of Kills limit;
  • systems with runes;
  • switch and advanced kill system and so on;
  • upgradeable skills (also the bow model changes, while upgrading your bow);
  • pretty interface (different Mirana models and so on);
  • and more, more and more interesting things;
  • upgradeable items;
  • interesting gaming ways;
  • rank system;
  • clever AI;
  • ...and so on...

If you have any ideas or suggestions, Click Here to Email Me!

Try it and have fun!

Keywords:
Mirana Wars, Miranas, Alkar, Wars, Arrow, Shoot, Arena, Elune, Potm, Priestess of the moon.
Contents

Alkar Mirana Wars v3.6 + AI (Map)

Reviews
18:31, 7th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Sounds lot interesting. I've heard of mirana wars before or some other dota hero wars. I like the simplicity the game offers yet diversity by giving players lots of options.

Will give it a go later on.
You say it has bots with writing this AMWL mode?

Level 2
Sounds lot interesting. I've heard of mirana wars before or some other dota hero wars. I like the simplicity the game offers yet diversity by giving players lots of options.

Will give it a go later on.
You say it has bots with writing this AMWL mode?

Yes, on the server I'm modering there is a special league of Mirana Wars. I installed special libriary in the map and my friends rewrote ghost, so that it can calculate Mirana Scores. All modes are simple, but AMWL was created in order to run a league.
There is only one bot, which can do that, but we don't distribute it, because of it's originality. If you are interested in playing the league, just let me know and I'll tell you what to do, to get there)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Yes, on the server I'm modering there is a special league of Mirana Wars. I installed special libriary in the map and my friends rewrote ghost, so that it can calculate Mirana Scores. All modes are simple, but AMWL was created in order to run a league.
There is only one bot, which can do that, but we don't distribute it, because of it's originality. If you are interested in playing the league, just let me know and I'll tell you what to do, to get there)

I don't get any of the server things. Your saying your map is hosted on a server you made?

What do you understand as a league? I don't get it, a league?

Plus, I haven't yet played the map. I'm interested and wanna try, but I will most likely test it alone. There is AI in the map, but you can't activate it?

Level 2
I don't get any of the server things. Your saying your map is hosted on a server you made?

What do you understand as a league? I don't get it, a league?

Plus, I haven't yet played the map. I'm interested and wanna try, but I will most likely test it alone. There is AI in the map, but you can't activate it?

Ok, so...I didn't make a server. There is a server with on-line 3k+ and I'm moderator there.
League - championship for a long time. It is like 1 month each season now) On one of screenshots there is bot and stats as they are shown) But it isn't in English, because we don't have EU players right now(
There is no AI in the map, because Mirana's with AI will look bad...Bots will have something like MapHack or they will miss all the arrows.
But if you want to test, you can contact me via skype or so, and I'll guide you to server, where it is played frequently.

Level 30
could you show us a link of your original site for this map? you have to convince me more about that since I always catch posers that usually copy same maps and re-edit it a little and state them as there own, just a proof for me to get a move on your game.

Level 2
could you show us a link of your original site for this map? you have to convince me more about that since I always catch posers that usually copy same maps and re-edit it a little and state them as there own, just a proof for me to get a move on your game.
http://amwl.at.ua/
But there is a problem) I am from Ukraine and syte language is russian. In future I'll translate it. The map was approved on russian modemaking community (xgm), and I want it to be approved here also. But it goes slowly(

Level 2
I see, I will be checking this in some other time, and also give you a map view about it as well. :)

thx a lot)

Is here someone working?
It's very unpleasant, the map was approved on other resources, but here it wasn't even reviewed? What's the matter, guys?

Approve it finally please :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
My suggestions :-

i) Increase the HP and MP regeneration at the base.
ii) Make player to auto-select Mirana after respawn.
iii) Make the arrow doesn't hit the wards.
iv) Place something at the base that will attack enemies that entered. E.g, Fountain in DotA.
v) Show respawn timer.
vi) Pause the time when the game ends.

Hope suggestions listed above can be done. ;)

Nice map concept anyway. ;) :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 20
UndeadImmortal's Alkar Mirana Wars v3.6 +AI
This is my own opinion (review) about your map, it contains about the PROS and CONS

(+) Custom Selection Circle
(+) An AI
(+) Custom Arrow Spells
(+) New Mirana Heroes (Shocker, Hunter, Etc...)
(+) Custom Items
(+) Fun to play

(-) Protected

(+/-) Make the map unprotected
(+/-) Add more arrow spells
(+/-) Improve the AI

Level 2
Thx for the review)
But it is protected only for 1 reason: there are many Mirana Wars maps and we really know about all of them. So there were tries to take stuff from map. Since that day it is protected.