• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mission Impossible

Mission Impossible

Mission Impossible 2.0

Created by S.R.Cherusker

Many custom models have been added. Now you have 2 heroes at the beginning right away at your service. The game basically works the same way as the previous version - but here I present a summary again, because I think that the game is a bit complicate and it may not a bad idea to brief you in other words again. The Paladins name, who leads the taskforce, is William Brainsburn... brave man, for sure.

The player's special taskforce lands on a peninsula, which is secured with a fortress towards the interior. This fortress was built by humans and is now also a bridgehead for the allied elves, who are the only ones on duty there. These elves now follow the paladin William Brainsburn and the priestess Calia Menethil, and are to rebuild the fortress there and at the same time help the two armies of the humans far away in the NW. The elves help with their own wizards, special training for the soldiers and extensions for towers. The ultimative weapon is a doom ghost fly bomb, launched by special towers. Similar to an intercontinental missile but as slow as a zeppelin, it destroys a fortress with one blow and forces the orc tribe to surrender and pay reparations.

Calia Menethil, so is the rumor, fell in love with a footman. It might be that her lover is one of them here. Just saying.

Tip: Don't rely on normal battles and raids too much. At the beginning you can have successes, but without the Arcane Ghost Towers and the Doom Ghost Towers it will be almost impossible to survive. Nonetheless you can expect epic battles.

This is not a tower defense. It is a mixed tactics game with a lot of slaughter and freedom to decide what strategy you use. You learn about the technologies during gameplay and will find out what suits you best. The game can last up to a few hours, but that's up to you. Because either you follow the briefing and stick to the plan or you make you own anarchic thing, mess all up and indulge in old school combat in the field. The latter will lead to you defeat. But that's better than to die in bed, right?

Need to know:

- The six tribes of the orcs sometimes join together, sometimes not. When each tribe fights for itself and against the others, the task is easier, when they all join forces, that's the worst case, then the shit hits the fan. (Depending on the level of the game.)
- You can not recruit more soldiers besides what's given to you
- But you can recruit elven sorcerer and priestesses and update them
- you can not recruit more workers, but you can catch peons of the orcs and enslave them

Now listen up! That's your plan:

- an elven runner should to make contact with the two armies. The runner is available at the elven embassy.
- gran some workers, take a mana wagon, go to the field of operation, build 3 arcane ghost towers
- help to defend the allied armies, support their raids
- build doom ghost towers anywhere and send fly bombs onto orcish Great Halls.
- don't bother to build own bases next other goldmines! You are not suited to maintain them and won't get any benefit from that. But to gather gold and lumber you can use the siege engine. To secure the place construct towers.

Credits

Banshee Queen and Icons by Sellenisko / 67chrome
Spell [Manasurge] Whirlpool v1.0.5 by Manasurge
Paladin (Sword) by Murlocologist
Footman and Rifleman Lordaeron by Asssssvi
Gnome Worker by Pvt.Toma
HighElf Priestess by Sin'dorei300 and Uncle Fester
HighElvenSorcerer by PROXY, BTNHighElvenCleric by Elenai
Unarmed Runner by RageEnforcer
Calia Menethil by kangyun, Icon by Heinvers
Name of (heavy modified) originalmap: Goldrush (by Blizzard)

Mission Impossible 1.9

Your (human) Special Task Force is sent out to support two armies of the alliance. The ignorant generals based them next to 6 warlike orcish clans. And now the shit hits the fan. Maybe someone will sweep that under the rug and your team is just sent out to a "mission impossible"?

The gameplay's target is to fight outnumbered in large battles for pretty much time, roughly up to 10 gamedays. The set and the situations shall allow you to be flexible in your strategies, which are: Supporting the (AI-controlled) allience with forces and / or towers, building towers to celebrate kinda tower-defence at any places, prefering attacking everywhere or defending just your base...

Your base is prearranged. Some abilitys and units are not available.

At your base is a Highelven Embassy. That building offers you an additional techtree, divided in three topics: Tactical Forces - Gives your fighters some more skills. Engeneering - improves your towers. Ghostly Craft - for constructing invisible towers and for the improvement of priests and scorceresses.

Features

• Invisible Towers. You can update common towers to invisible Ghost Towers. The advantages are clear. But they have some disadvantages though: They need mana from an external source. They consume their own mana over the time until they become visible. They have a very weak armor.
  • Siege engines can gather gold and lumber. No need to place keeps at the mines.
  • Cinematic Intro
  • imported ability and unitmodel
  • modified object data, changed and new composed updates and units
  • (very few) quests
  • 3 levels (not just only altered handicap)
  • the enemys are mainly controlled by the warcraft AI, but there are also trigger-controlled attacking waves
  • trigger-controlled changings of the coalations of the 6 orcish clans, depending on the gametime and the level. That is considered as the most extraordinary part of this mod

Techtree Information

Highelven Embassy Support

Core of the game is a new techtree in addition to the common one of the humans. Its origin is the High Elven Embassy. It enables an updating to 2 new towers, 15 abilities and updates the towers in generell. All abilites and units are taken from the warcraft ressources, but values, dependencies and requirements have been modified. The picture here gives an overview:

233234-albums7237-picture86766.jpg

Techtree

The complete techtree with it's requirements can be seen here:

233234-albums7237-picture96423.jpg

Multimedia

Loading Screen:

233234-albums7237-picture86488.jpg

Gameplay Screenshots:

233234-albums7237-picture86817.jpg

233234-albums7237-picture86818.jpg

233234-albums7237-picture86812.jpg

233234-albums7237-picture86813.jpg

233234-albums7237-picture86814.jpg

233234-albums7237-picture86816.jpg

233234-albums7237-picture86815.jpg

Cinematic Video:

Video Description:
Cinematic scene

Video Description:
Introduction at the beginning of the mission.

Mapdesign:

Image Description:
The terrain.
233234-albums7237-picture81921.jpg

Image Description:
I improved with Version 1.02 the forests. Now its a mix of lordaeron summer trees, ashenvale canopy trees and northrend canopy trees.
233234-albums7237-picture86517.jpg

Image Description:
Just landed. Now your mission begins.
233234-albums7237-picture81930.jpg

Image Description:
Your fortress in the south-west.
233234-albums7237-picture81923.jpg

233234-albums7237-picture81926.jpg

Updates

Version 1.01
  • Corrected minor typing mistakes
  • minor mistakes in descriptions and regarding the order of the updates
Version 1.02
  • improved landscaping: trees
  • disabled certain triggers
  • programmed fixed order of the days, when the Orcs are changing their union
Version 1.03
  • bugfix regarding the spawning of orcish attackwaves. Importance of that fix: High.
Version 1.04
  • Players townhalls, keeps and castles definitly cant train any Peasants no more.
  • Players Elite Soldiers can "convert" orcish Peons, when they ensnare them. They can do some peon's work then.
  • All 2 kinds of ghost towers loosing mana (-0.27). They become visible when they have less then 300 mana. They become invisible again, if they are filled up with mana from a Mana Wagon.
  • removed attribut bonus ability for players heroes
  • set mana-cost for whirlpool-spell to 80 (was 0 before)
  • corrected typing mistakes, minor changing of trigger-descriptons, re-arranging some triggers, minor changes of some trigger-code, changing some descriptions in quests, removed the message of constructed Arcane Ghost Towers, added message regarding coalitions of Orcs.
Version 1.06
  • Arcane Ghost Towers: reduced defense base to zero and defense type to unarmored.
  • Doom Ghost Towers need to filled up with mana after being constructed.
  • changed icon of Priest Arcane Master Training, Engeneering level 1, and level 2.
  • quest and other ingame informations got partielly some (other) colors, making them more readable. Correcting typing mistakes
  • improved description of map
Version 1.07
  • Generell improvement: Mapdesign and gameplay
Version 1.08
  • removed a goldmine
  • allied AI can't get an archmage (because player is forced to have one)
  • archmage has 5 blizzard levels
  • properties of an defeated orc-clan will be shared automatically with the remaining orc clans.
  • Level 2 (normal) new balanced
  • starting time at level 1 (easy) changed
  • lower upgrade costs of Arcane Ghost Towers and Arcane Doom Ghost Towers
  • vultures at scout towers now summoned, no longer sold. They die after seom hours
  • Orcs can be pacified

Version 1.09
  • some memory leaks eleminated
  • minor edits in object editor and trigger

Version 1.10
  • improvements (functions of allies-handling, better stomp for human towers, better armor for human sieges

Version 2.0
  • Landscape, minor changes
  • custum units for the player added
  • 2 heros right away when starting

Credits

Banshee Queen and Icons (in this game Aelianas) by Sellenisko / 67chrome,
Spell [Manasurge] Whirlpool v1.0.5 by Manasurge,
Name of (heavy modified) originalmap: Goldrush (by Blizzard)

Suggested Gameplay

This map has grown up from a small to a big idea, and I always wanted to give the AI the chance to surprise me. Hence I by myself had to find out, which strategy could (!) be the best strategy to win. If I found a way, I then tried to change the map therefore, so that the AI can maybe encounter me. Now the best way seems to be: Try to meet the allies in the northeast very soon. Build there lots of strong towers, because the allied troops alone won't for sure be able to defend attacks of the unioned Orcs later. In the meantime you have to deal with spawned attackwaves. Those are not meant to overrun you, but to bind your forces at your fortress in the south until it's not updated. Keep in mind, as seen in the introductional cinematic, that you cant train strong forces, but only priests and scoreresses, which are able to learn some more strong skills. However, this are skills which just support other strong fighters, namely those of the allied troops in the northeast. Depending on the game-levels (3) the Orcs are attacking you in union or seperated or otherwise related. All should be done after 10 gamedays or so.

Authors Notes

1) The map is fully playable.
1) This version should be free of bugs, but the trigger-code and the object-data may sometimes still a little bit messy and there are some still unused or experimental parts in it.
2) The landscaping of the map is considered as finished.
3) Nonetheless I do consider the map not at all as finished, because balance and gameplay is tested only by myself. Also there could be therefore this or that hopefully just minor mistake in the comments, talkings or descriptions of the units, skills or updates.
4) The difficulty of the levels may be improvable?
5) The logic of the gameplay may lacking this or that? I am looking forward for serious and kindly suggestions.

Keywords:
warcraft,frozen throne,battle,orcs,alliance,lordaeron,
Contents

Mission Impossible (Map)

Mission Impossible (Map)

Reviews
10:22, 23rd Apr 2014 Orcnet: Map approved.
Nice terrain, but those trees seem unfitting to the environment.
The Lordaeron Fall trees indeed look out of place there. Try adding something else, even dead trees if you can.
Edit: As for the coasts you could also add river rushes there to make a more pleasant scenery(also cattails).
Edit: On the river parts you can add river rushes, cattails, some well placed rocks(not too much) and some lily pads.

Level 6
Regarding the trees: I indeed think about to try out some custom tree models in near future. Those trees here are just the frozen throne trees as in the maps from Blizzard. Some dead trees I already added, thats always a good idea - northrend canopy tree, could add more of them.

Level 6
@eubz

in the cinematic scene? They run to gather wood for the sake of ... because its a movie. They shall do something and not stand around.
If you dont choose the cinematic, and start immediatly, I also did let them run to the same place where they have to gather lumber. Just because I do not have to order them, and - you will see in the game - they are running to the right place. (and it's a dangerous place, thats a reason, too) They dont run away, even it looks like. Did that make the matter clear?

I like it sometimes sharp in the terrain - however, maybe I overdid it at some places. What parts do you have in mind?

Level 6
@eubz you mean, it confuses the player, that when he ll start to play, the peons are running around without his orders? Because he's not used to that behavor? If i understand you right - i can understand that.

@all
I did load up an update with minor changes, nonetheless important. And I serve a video in the description. Regarding all other ideas I will still let the list of to-do's growing up a litte bit more.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi, I'd just like to say that this a fun and great mod, and it has very interesting triggers. I do like that when I Charmed an Orc peon it created a trigger giving all the orcs much higher tech, but I dislike that the waves spawned from the buildings I built with the peons attacked my own buildings.

Good job, otherwise, very fun. 4.5/5 :D

Level 3
This is amazing! and you're good using warcraft resources, anyone may be put edited doodads, destructibles, etc, with rere textures to make a ''unique'' map, but this finish with an ugly terrain.
I admire your work with the bases and the terrain modeling.

TIP: you can add more vegetation in green zones with a lot of trees, add flower if you want (try to use blue flower in big zones with grass), add mushrooms near ashenvalle trees and add more rocks in dirty zones because this last make a good dry terrain.

Anyway you're very good and you know what to do.

Last edited:
Level 6
@ ldragogode297

As far as I understand you right, the attackwaves did spawn even then, when there are no orish greathalls etc. no more? So you deestroyed a base and build your own at the goldmine I suppose. I did'nt used that strategic on this map, hence I did oversee that wrong spawning. I checked the trigger and now they spawn at the Greathalls and their updates and stop spawning there when there are none of those buildings no more. So thanks a lot for your really valuable hint and have fun!

Level 6
@ iBraianHD

Thanks a lot for your positve comment. Regarding the terrain - thats quiet e neverending task, whenever I improve the triggers, adding new ideas (have some in mind) I also do something in the enevironment, but its also takes some times, coz this needs care. Thanks for your tips!

Level 6
Version 1.04 is availlabe.

Most important changings:
- When a player's soldier is ensnaring an orcish peon, the peon changes the ownership and belongs to the player and can do some basic work.
- the Ghost Towers are loosing mana over the time. At a certain amount of remaining mana the become visible.

Last edited:
Level 4
Oh geez, I'm sorry for being dumb and not replying. With the charmed peon thing, it wasn't that they were spawning from destroyed great halls, it was that they were spawning from my own buildings and attacking my own buildings. I built my base just SE of the SW base.

Specifically I captured him while assisting my NE buddies while they were attacking the base just SE of them, before I met up with my buddies, and I sent him alone back to the original base, then moved him out with a just-revived Archmage. :)

Probably should have responded earlier, my bad....

Level 6
With the charmed peon thing, it wasn't that they were spawning from destroyed great halls, it was that they were spawning from my own buildings and attacking my own buildings. I built my base just SE of the SW base.

Hi, thanks for response :)

Since Version 1.02, orcish great halls, strongholds and townhalls are, when its time for a new attackwave - loaded in an empty group, which is used for the location of spawning/creating attacking units in a loop.

In the first version they seemed spawning at the starting locations, so they spawned even then, when its no longer orcish ground - a logic mistake. So i guess, that was the case, can not look in version 1.00 and .01 no more, its deleted.:ao:

The attacking units are mostly fel orcs and a bit stronger. They are not controlled by the AI, just by themself - and, thats a little bit un-pretty, standing around if no enemy nearby. So i delete them before each new wave - just to say btw.

Level 1
I wanna suggest something' make the orcs more orcish because trolls and tauens are weird in this map

Like Troll Headhunter to Spearman
Troll Witchdoctors to Warlocks
Troll Battrider to Spirit Wyvrens
Spirit Walkers to Magi
Tauren to Ogre Smasher

But overall, good map! +rep!

Level 6
Update 1.08 is available/

A major changing is:
It turned out, that destroying all the orcish buildings after a good amount of game days is rather boring. Therefore now: If you destroy an orcish fortress with a big Flame Strike Bomb, then the Orcs are deeply terrified (or impressed?) and the relationship is changed to neutral and they will count as if defeated. You get also 50 percent of their income. (The clan appears brown). They will nonetheless take part in any other automatically happening coalations with other orcish clans so that they fight maybe each other.

The programming behind is unusual. Because I dont found a way to check wether the fortress was destroyed or attacked by the specific flamestrike of that specific weapon I made a triggersystem which compares the times of the dead of the the fortress and the dead of the flybomb. If it's close by, its "True".

There is a wierd issue regarding the Doom Ghost Towers which summon the Flame Strike Bombs. The towers can be teleported with mass teleport. This is because they are organic to have the ability to summon. It's not a bug, it's maybe a feature, haha, well, I think about to prevent mass teleportation in this game in a future update to solve that "problem" or do not provide the archmage no more. It may be an interesting thing. But the towers are, if more then one, when teleported, gathering at exact the same place, becoming like one.

Last edited:
Level 1
Well it is rather disappointing as your ally have the capacity to build units while you're stuck in your existing and priests/sorcerers which is not fun (squishy af). I hope you can build additional units, like air units. Overall can be played twice for me and it's not fun anymore.

Level 6
Well it is rather disappointing as your ally have the capacity to build units while you're stuck in your existing and priests/sorcerers which is not fun (squishy af). I hope you can build additional units, like air units. Overall can be played twice for me and it's not fun anymore.
It is not my intention to dissapoint the player but to present a challange, the opportunity to apply "out of the box" thinking and the experience of surprises and a glorious defeat in an epic battle :grin:.

Forget the common melee map strategie and build order etc. expectations.

And you are not helpless or stuck - just disvover the other strategic possibilites, consider the helping power of the two AI controlled "normal" allied armies in the NW (in case you did your task and helpeld them to get on their feet) and use the custom updates. Keep in mind: You are just a small special op troop in a "Mission Impossible." You shall not build a base, create a big army and play at the books.