• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zangarmarsh

Zangarmarsh

Map Info:

After outlands destruction, zangarmarsh remains one of the few places still capable of sustaining life. These swamps are rich with water and wildlife, and are essential to control if your faction would stand a chance on this desolate world.

Features:
  • 4 Gold Mines - 15000 Main, 12000 Expansions
  • 8 Green Creep Camps
  • 10 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Red Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots:
28ro3y9.png

Videos:

Author Notes:
It's zangarmarsh! Without any custom thingies, was really hard to get the correct atmosphere, but i think i did a pretty good job. Make sure to check out ingame, since also using a fog to make it more purpleish. Made a timelapse of the entire making of the map. Will upload and add later.

Keywords:
zangarmarsh, melee, filmting, 1v1, underground, outland, theme, draenor, stuff, bonestorm, aww yeah, crazeh, more bonestorm
Contents

Zangarmarsh (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Zangarmarsh by Filmting RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Melee Components: 30/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 15/20 Total Score: 45/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2 Stars: 10-24 1 Stars...

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Zangarmarsh
by Filmting
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Melee Components: 30/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 15/20
Total Score: 45/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Melee Components:
It's funny, I use your competitive melee map tutorial to use as a guideline to score how well the creator made the map balanced in all the ways possible. The map has balanced creeps, creep drops, neutral building placement, includes critters, the amount of recourses, the pathing, you name it. The map is also extremely (if not 100%) symmetric, so choosing this map is a wise choice for a tournament map.

30/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain tile variation is very clean and thought over besides the boundaries showing in many places of the map. I don't think the height leveling can even be improved.

The doodads are placed moderately, I'm not much of a fan of them poking out of tree lines but it's enough for me to call it average. You've caught the theme right without custom models, but with the custom models it could a lot more visually impressive.

15/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- I've gotten a message from Ralle that melee maps do not need to follow a few rules, so map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 32
Short review finished :thumbs_up:

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Zangarmarsh
by Filmting
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Melee Components: 30/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 15/20
Total Score: 45/50

5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Melee Components:
It's funny, I use your competitive melee map tutorial to use as a guideline to score how well the creator made the map balanced in all the ways possible. The map has balanced creeps, creep drops, neutral building placement, includes critters, the amount of recourses, the pathing, you name it. The map is also extremely (if not 100%) symmetric, so choosing this map is a wise choice for a tournament map.

30/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain tile variation is very clean and thought over besides the boundaries showing in many places of the map. I don't think the height leveling can even be improved.

The doodads are placed moderately, I'm not much of a fan of them poking out of tree lines but it's enough for me to call it average. You've caught the theme right without custom models, but with the custom models it could a lot more visually impressive.

15/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- I've gotten a message from Ralle that melee maps do not need to follow a few rules, so map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 1
Excuse me, I know it has been posted a long time ago but how did you make the grass to appear that blue ? I tried every types of grass I could on my Zangamarsh map themed, but I couldn't succeed in having the same blue as you... Thanks for your help ! (also map looks amazing, I love the attention to details)