• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

|Horror Islandr

Horror Island 1.0
Horror Island is a horror map in the really way of horror...
Your ship had crash into a strange and unknown island,you are the only survivor so you are alone in this game...well maybe not alone at all.
Game had 3D camera and the island is a "black hole" because all of the land is in a deep shadow...
You can see at short distance + you have a torch for lighting the close areas.
In the game your character is a normal people so he don't have any special power,he only can took the items from the island,and light the way with his torch...
The ghosts will appear in some areas of the island and to be more interesting you are followed by a unknown thing...
YOUR MAIN OBJECTIVE IS TO FIND WHAT IS GOING ON!!!
You will find notes in all the island that will help you solve the mystery.
IMAGINES:

215149-albums7232-picture81830.jpg

215149-albums7232-picture81829.jpg

215149-albums7232-picture81831.jpg

Change Logs:
-Start version 1.0
-added more dooddads and fixed the suggested player
-Start Version 1.1
-extended map
-added more scary things
-fog changed
-keyboard rotate setting

Keywords:
Horror, Spooky, Scary, Island, Ghosts, Alone
Contents

|Horror Islandr (Map)

Reviews
10:16, 23rd Apr 2014 Orcnet: Map approved.
Last edited:
Level 21
This map actually creates tension and some fear which is really positive to me. However, I expected more scary events to occur. I know that in Warcraft it's pretty hard due to the lack of frightening models and sounds but you should make your best to really terrorize the player and let this map be worth to be called "Horror Island"
Oh, another thing! Add more environmental doodads to the terrain. Some skulls and remains scorched could also be a good addition
Still, I think this is a fantastic map

Level 17
i played through it and noticed some things:
your sound ends abrupt instead of fading out smoothly.
terrain is eh..
its a singleplayer map, so you can import as many hq doodads as you want
you can click on some of the pages. however, nothing happens
i know that you can turn that off, but please give your character no unit answers
in the end, theres just an empty place
the red water elemental was not even scary, try to find something else
you used that hooked dead body too often, you nearly spammed it

overall, i like to see that there is a new horror map, if you update it recently, it could have potential

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-camera is annoying when returning and gates/doodads or other things remain in the foreground; you can hardly see the red ghost at the gate where it says to look back
-I suggest no unit soundset for the protagonist

3/5.

Level 2
hi! i like your map hope you update this :) its a good one i got scared a lil bit but i can tell it has potential. i would suggest getting ideas from horror games, movies etc and anything that has horror genre in it so you can make your map into the horror one that its meant to be