• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Ruin Defense v1.12

Team Ruin Defense v1.12

Video

Goal
Your goal in Team Ruin Defence is to defend your own Ruin while destroying your opponent's, this can either be done by a Rabbit vs Sheep style cloning system of the creeps to outnumber your enemy, or by going over there yourself in the pvp rounds.

Players require teamplay and quick coordination between using pvp spells and defending your ruin in order to win!

Features
The current mode settings are:
All Pick - This mode allows every player to select their own hero.
All Random - This mode gives every player a random hero.
Unique Pool - This mode gives every player 1 Strength, 1 Intelligence and 1 Agility hero to pick from.

No Boasting - This removes the Boasting Bear from the game.

Score Victory - This mode renders the Ruins invulnerable, and creeps duplicate on your own side. The first team with 2500 kills wins the game.

Timed Respawn - This allows heroes to respawn after 15 seconds whenever they die.
Death Match - This does not respawn heroes, fight untill the last one is standing!

No Fog - This removes the Fog of War, allowing players to use their Spell Gems globally.

Gates Open - This permanently opens the gates and spawns towers in front of them, offering a different gameplay.

Auto Balance - Auto Balance automatically balances the teams if they are unequal due to leavers.

Easy Mode - This will double your experience gain, and give the attacking creeps a 50% handicap.

Hard Mode - This will cut your experience gain in half, and give all players a 50% handicap.

Upcoming

- New heroes coming up!

Changelog

Version 1.12
- Added a new hero (Orcish Seer)

- Removed and replaced most items.
- Lowered itemcosts to give players more variaty in itembuilds.

- Fixed some typo's.

Note: This patch makes TRD easier for new players; but should not ruin the fun for experienced players!

Version 1.11
- Converted back to the first terrain.
- Added a new hero (Arcen Sorcerer).
- Changed the player naming system.

Version 1.10
- Added a new game mode (-em).
- Added a new game mode (-hm).
- Added a small visual bug that was caused when changing terrain.

Version 1.09b
- Added new terrain's shadow map.
- Fixed Tauren's Ancestral Image from not disappearing.
- Fixed Orange having 2 Spell Obelisks while Purple had none.

Version 1.09
- Simplified terrain to make it feel more arcade, and reduce lag on lower systems.
- Hopefully fixed a bug with Tauren's ultimate.
- Replaced The Captain's Critical Strike with Commanding Pressence.

Version 1.08b
- Some minor bug fixes.

Version 1.08
##########################
## Heroes ##

- Reworked Lunar Sentry.
- Reworked Undead King.
- Reworked Elven Archer.
- Reworked Guardian of Light.
- Reworked Corrupted Treant.
- Reworked Pyromancer.
- Reworked Bandit Spearman (Now Troll Venomancer).
- Reworked Tauren.
- Reworked the damage tables on heroes that kept most of their abilities.
- Changed Echo Stomp's dummy ability so it is aimable.

## Items ##

- Lowered the armor bonusses on every item except Exalted Breastplate.

## Gameplay ##

- Converted the boss rounds to pvp rounds.
- Increased the hitpoint bonus per 5 levels.
- Rescaled some heroes.
- Changed Item Recipe tooltips so they show the total cost.
- Added a new boast (First to 500 kills).
- Reorganized Team B's shops.
- Added a temporary loadscreen.
- Removed the lightning ball effect on Storm Caller.

Keywords:
Hero Defense, Rabbits vs Sheep, Ruins, TRD
Contents

Team Ruin Defense v1.12 (Map)

Reviews
22:18, 17th Apr 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Re-moderating with review and rating! Date: 2011/Oct/15 12:57:55 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 3/5 Acceptable Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or...

M

22:18, 17th Apr 2010
ap0calypse: Approved
Update: Re-moderating with review and rating!
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/15 12:57:55
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 3/5 Acceptable
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Terrain:

The Terrain is ok, it's not empty, has some small details but there are some weird things, for example the "fountain" in the base. It looks kinda weird. But overall it's ok.

Gameplay:

The Game has several modes, a variety of heroes, but it's a bit boring because the spells aren't really epic, for example the Blink ability has a really really long cooldown and it doesn't really deal a lot of damage.

Items:

There are some shops in the base, which have normal items and rare items. Recipes are also available, making the game more fun.

Bugs/lag:

There is no lag as far as i know and nor did i find any major bugs.

Icons:

The Icons have been changed, although i didn't see any custom icons, if there are some, then i'll just leave this point.

Description:

The Description is excellent, a video is also available.

Overall:

It's a fine map with some fun points, but it still needs some improvements. Rating: 3/5

Nice video, I'm gonna try this out, I'll edit this post with a full review after Examination.

Edit: right heres the review and also as a suggestion, prehaps a full game defence mode were theres a ruined altar in the middl, the gats are open etc. so everyone can be on 1 huge team, ofc thered be twice as many creeps, but at the end there is only one winner which is the person who killed the most creeps? or dealt the highest amount of damage + heal (so it's fair on healers) or something - just a suggestion. Anyway onto the reivew:

Review
Areas of review

Terrain - total of 5 marks
Triggering - total of 6 marks
Origionallity - total of 10 marks
Difficulty - total of 10 marks
inventivity - total of 5 marks
Replayability - total of 10 marks
Object data - total of 5 marks
Total Marks possible - 51
Rating

1-10 unacceptable - vote for rejection (1/5)
11-20 lacking - vote for rejection (2/5)
21-30 average - no vote (3/5)
31-40 good - vote for approval (4/5)
41-50 excellent - vote for approval (5/5) (+Rep)
51 Epic/Godlike - vote for approval (6/5) (+Rep)
Criteria

For a high Terrain mark the map must look beautiful/amazing, the terrain needs to make the game more enjoyable for the player as well as suit the game type.

For a high Triggering mark there must be no leaks and be efficiant.

For a high Origionallity mark, there needs to be as few of the same game type/genre as well as game style along with unique systems and suchlike.

For a high Difficulty mark the game very simply must be as balanced as possible.

For a high Inventivity mark the game should get around problems that other games may have faced before and achieved it well.

For a high Replayability mark the game should be able to be played many many times and still give something new to the player as well for them to enjoy it over and over again.

For a high Object data mark the map should have used custom resources/standard resources well, such as fitting icons, good descriptions and tooltips.

This map - Team Ruin Defense v0.20

Terrain: 5/5 - Very good, beautiful scenery and good variation of tiles, really complements the game.

Triggering: 6/6 - Well done, leakless and efficiant.

Origionality: 7/10 - It still needs a bit more spicing up tbh.

Difficulty: 8/10 - Pvp map. based on how hard it is to learn, this one is very straight forward so it's very easy to learn.

Inventivity: 4/5 - Like I said before, inventive insome intances but I do really feel that more could be done to boost the mark up to 5.

Replayablity: 9/10 - I can see the addictiveness of this and how it's likely to be replayed like rabbits vs sheep but it's not at the level of robot unicorn attack or winterbells. More items and heros always make games more replayable, as well as new modes.

Object data: 5/5 - With those new items flooding the map, you have bolstered up the mark to 5.

Final mark

Mark - 44 (5/5)
Rating - excellent
Vote - approval
+rep - Rep was already recieved

Last edited:
Level 17
First of all thank you for your review.

I will try to find a triggerer or improve some triggers myself (It's not my best part of creating a map, I know, I'm glad most things work as it is).

I know more could be done to make it look like a different map, I added some bosses and gave some waves abilities but they don't fully work yet and there will be more.
Any suggestions on other parts is welcome (for future readers).

The random-of-3-units idea is quite nice but requires some more work, I'll see what I can do, and how much fun the new abilities would be.

Level 14
Hey Naro cool map. Just hosted it online and everyone seemed to have enjoyed it. I see the filesize is small, please keep it that way so it can be hosted online with ease :)

Just 2 suggestions

*Item recipes
*Stack able potions to save inv space (use This)

Other than that, this map is really fun and i will continue to host it.

PS: If you ever need any help with a spell or triggers pm me, I'm quite handy like that :D

Edit: voted for approval

Level 4
Give multiple game modes. My suggestion can also help playability (how well this game can be played with a number of players).

I suggest, a mode where your team defends your ruins from waves of creeps. This allows playability when there aren't enough people for a Rabbits vs Sheep mode game.

As for items from above posts. An item system like Rabbits vs Sheep is good. No recipes, and there are powerful, late game items and cheap early game items. Rabbits vs Sheep item system is like a recipe system without the recipe. You buy the entire thing at once when u have the gold to be able to do so.

Sure they can, also don't double post use the edit button, if we weren't meant te edit posts instead of double post it wouldn't be there then.

anyway, atm I do not beleive it has ai support but I'd expect it to be added.

Second review coming up at request of the author.

Edit: here is the review for the currant version as requested.

Review
Areas of review

Terrain - total of 5 marks
Triggering - total of 6 marks
Origionallity - total of 10 marks
Difficulty - total of 10 marks
inventivity - total of 5 marks
Replayability - total of 10 marks
Object data - total of 5 marks
Total Marks possible - 51
Rating

1-10 unacceptable - vote for rejection (1/5)
11-20 lacking - vote for rejection (2/5)
21-30 average - no vote (3/5)
31-40 good - vote for approval (4/5)
41-50 excellent - vote for approval (5/5) (+Rep)
51 Epic/Godlike - vote for approval (6/5) (+Rep)
Criteria

For a high Terrain mark the map must look beautiful/amazing, the terrain needs to make the game more enjoyable for the player as well as suit the game type.

For a high Triggering mark there must be no leaks and be efficiant.

For a high Origionallity mark, there needs to be as few of the same game type/genre as well as game style along with unique systems and suchlike.

For a high Difficulty mark the game very simply must be as balanced as possible.

For a high Inventivity mark the game should get around problems that other games may have faced before and achieved it well.

For a high Replayability mark the game should be able to be played many many times and still give something new to the player as well for them to enjoy it over and over again.

For a high Object data mark the map should have used custom resources/standard resources well, such as fitting icons, good descriptions and tooltips.

This map - Team Ruin Defense v0.30

Terrain: 5/5 -see first review.

Triggering: 6/6 - Leak free, great triggering - this is 6 marks well deserved.

Origionality: 6/10 - a slight improvement, it feels a little differant now, I don't know why it just does.

Difficulty: 8/10 - see the first review.

Inventivity: 4/5 - an improvement on the last I feel, with that anti backdoor triggering.

Replayablity: 8/10 - see first reivew.

Object data: 4/5 - Same mark, as before even though it has changed entirely, you shall probably get the 5/5 once you have that recipe shop completed.

Final mark

Mark - 41 (5/5)
Rating - excellent
Vote - approval
+rep - Yes, remember even if the mark is improved to 51/51 another rep cannot be achieved.

Last edited:
Level 2
I am sorry for my previous comment and ask for those who i have offended for forgiveness.

Level 6
ok, i tried it out a bunch of times with a friend. Seems much like we were playing RvS with dfferent heroes and creeps.

However, the pvp times were nice, but i have some suggestions....

1. Maybe make a mode (or there is a mode, i didn't notice) where the gates are open all the time. Even while creeps are being spawned. That way, heroes can go over the other side and wreak havoc by themselves. But that would mean 1 guy less to defend your own ruins. Also, since the offensive team will have the advantage of allied units, both teams would like to make full pushes and make the game more team arenaish.

2. Make a single player mode. No AI, but there is a possibility for a single player mode. Whenever you kill a unit, you spawn 2 units on your side. The more you kill, the more they come. Reach a designated creep kill limit to win. OR, even make it multiplayer - the first team to reach the amount of kills needed, wins.

I have some hero suggestions but i guess you are busy enough right now so... maybe later.

anyway, gets a 5/5 for being a nice spinoff from RvS

Level 17
There already is a mode like that (-go).

And your score limit mode might be a fun thing to add in the future, but for now players are still getting known with the gameplay, I've played 6 3v3 games in a row today with random people and they started to get the hang of it but I wasn't playing very serious.

Anyway, thanks for your comment :)

Level 10
Test Information

I played as the:

Undead King
War Marshal
Pyromancer

I played 9 games, 4 of which only lasted to the second round

Positive
- Several items available and a recipe system has been implemented
- Several different creep types spawn
- Boss fights have been implemented
- Pedastal abilities were a good idea and well done (it would be cool to have the ability to purchase upgrades for your pedastal; shortened CDs and more mana regen)
- Addiciting
- Terraining is well-done and fits gameplay

Negative
- Some serious balancing is needed. The Pyromancer destroys everything in sight whereas the War Marshal (while I can see him being good end-game) can't do much for his team during the first few rounds.
- You need to add something else to gameplay. I'm not sure what, but something to give it an extra edge because right now I can see this getting somewhat tedious.

Review

This game is addicting and fun but has some rough edges that need to be dealt with. With more work it could be quite a cool game to play.

Rating

4/5

Level 17
Well, first of all thanks for your review.

I just want to add that War Marshal is meant to be 1 of the hardest to play heroes in the game, he was made just for fun primarily but if the team supports him in first few rounds (tanking so he can build towers) he can be a very strong opponent later on.

So, what would you like to see added into the gameplay?

(Currently working on 2 new heroes and some new items)

Level 10
team supports him in first few rounds (tanking so he can build towers) he can be a very strong opponent later on.

I figured as much. I could tell even though he sucked in the beginning, end-game he would kick ass.

So, what would you like to see added into the gameplay?

I don't know, just some other aspect. Something I can do other than items/kill creeps/use pedastal abilities.

Level 17
Well I've hosted some games with -GatesOpen and it was a whole different game, some players would be defending while others would pull the Ancient to the towers or assault the enemy heroes while they were being crowded by your creeps.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of redoing most of the items since it really feels lacking.
Most of the time players get Lizard Scaled Shield and some sort of damage and they'd be able to tank and damage most waves up to 20.

EDIT:

Would you guys like a sd and rd mode?

Last edited:
Oh right you wanted me to check this. Very well, review will be up in a few.
Review

Map Name: Team Ruin Defence

Creator: Naro

Information: Team Ruin Defence is a defense/survival map with a variety of heroes, items,...

-------------------
Terrain:

The Terrain is ok, it's not empty, has some small details but there are some weird things, for example the "fountain" in the base. It looks kinda weird. But overall it's ok.

Gameplay:

The Game has several modes, a variety of heroes, but it's a bit boring because the spells aren't really epic, for example the Blink ability has a really really long cooldown and it doesn't really deal a lot of damage.

Items:

There are some shops in the base, which have normal items and rare items. Recipes are also available, making the game more fun.

Bugs/lag:

Icons:

The Icons have been changed, although i didn't see any custom icons, if there are some, then i'll just leave this point.

Description:

Overall:

It's a fine map with some fun points, but it still needs some improvements. Rating: 3/5

Level 2
i play it 2v2 with friends, this map is fun.
i suggest you an idea : you can add an emmergency summon (with high HP, a war stomp, etc) in the general building with a large cooldown (like 3 waves) but no mana cost. This could be save sometimes the team.

Level 17
i play it 2v2 with friends, this map is fun.
i suggest you an idea : you can add an emmergency summon (with high HP, a war stomp, etc) in the general building with a large cooldown (like 3 waves) but no mana cost. This could be save sometimes the team.

And it would give players a boost in kills which is pretty imbalanced.
I'm already thinking of adding some heroes that can support the creeps that attack the enemies, which should be enough :)

By the way you're dutch huh?

Level 17
Oh right you wanted me to check this. Very well, review will be up in a few.
Review

Map Name: Team Ruin Defence

Creator: Naro

Information: Team Ruin Defence is a defense/survival map with a variety of heroes, items,...

-------------------
Terrain:

Gameplay:

Items:

Bugs/lag:

Icons:

Description:

Overall:

Just as a (late) reply, there are custom Icons, but I try to use as much regular icons as possible to keep the wc3 feel (Some are altered to PAS though)

Level 7
Here is your review :D

Well I was recently asked to review this map and as it looked good, I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*Note I played as The Captain*

• Terrain
  • Number of heroes
  • Items
  • Custom game-play
  • Preview image
  • Shops with various number of useful items
  • love the custom scoreboard when a team wins

• No Bugs (that I found)
  • No Glitches (that I found)
  • The game worked (that I found)
  • Love the tactical nuke sound effects (that I found)

• No Custom Loading Screen
  • Not much use of custom icons/models/skins etc (I understand you're trying to keep it wc3 themed)
  • No AI
  • Map doesn't auto exit/give you an option to quit (You have to manually exit via the Menu[F10])

• Could add an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding

• Custom Loading Screen(Makes the loading of the map worth the wait, if you can't make one you could get someone pretty easily who will)
  • Add custom icons/models/skins mainly for (I know you are trying to keep the wc3 theme, it's just a way to improve the map)
  • Add AI for single-player mode, LAN mode and bnet when you can't get 4v4.

*I can not think of anything that this map could incorporate to make it better at this time*

Overall, the map is a fun for a multiplayer defense type map Although the map is challenging and requires a lot of teamwork, I think it is a good map and very fun to play. The map is also good because I didn't find any glitches/bugs/errors in the stuff that I tested. I would suggest this map to friends and people who like a multiplayer player tower defense map that requires a lot of teamwork and I would also suggest this map to friends as there are no bugs/glitches/errors that I found.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 4/5 it doesn't get a 5 as their are still a few minor cons and things you could tidy up and a few things you could add to the game to make it better.

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS:Very good map, keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what you bring it in the future :D

Level 2
Hm...looks like comments went a little dead for a bit there, so not sure if you're still working on this or not. Just thought I'd throw in a suggestion based on previous comments. Some people want a last ditch effort to save their base in a time of need, so I was thinking perhaps you could have an ability which increases the armor and gives some regen to the main building for a short time, but has a MASSIVE cooldown, so it can only be used like, every 10 - 15 minutes or something.

Anyway, I'm downloading the map as I type this, and I'm about to go play and I'll try to throw up more suggestions after I've played it. Hope you're still hanging around and working on it. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

Level 4
I will suggest difficulty levels set in modes.

Easy mode: Easier version of current. Every wave unit deals less damage than they currently do.
Normal mode: The same difficulty of the current TRD
Hard Mode(Maybe): A bit harder.

What factors are put into scaling the difficulties are your choice(wave damage, hp, etc) and by how much.