• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anarchy Castle

ANARCHY CASTLE

---

When castle rulers fall and anarchy is upon the land, who shall rebuild this once noble throne? Many factions vow to take it, but only one may hold the crown! Force is the only way to make victory your own!

By: WorpeX - Version 1.95b (FML Version)

---

SCREENSHOTS

MxgCmB9.jpg

ZkWponc.jpg

VZzHTll.jpg

CHANGELOG

1.95b
-Disabled timer

-Observer Leaderboard Bug Fix
-Natural Creep Camp Bug Fix

-Added Observer Leaderboard
-Changed Version to -FML for FFArena and FFA Masters League

-Removed Way Gates
-Changed Observatory Creep Camp to a Red Camp
-Added 2 expos at the center of the map
-Widened the hallways
-Terrain improvements in "Civilian" area's
-Ramp improvements
-Creep and Item Drop changes
-Updated Natrual Expo aggro ranges

-Removed bush and a few trees at the bottom expansion to make room for a town hall.

Keywords:
Melee, 1v1, 2v2, FFA, Ladder, Anarchy Castle
Contents

Anarchy Castle (Map)

Reviews
20:18, 1st Aug 2009, by Rui(#8): "Anarchy Castle" is a balanced melee map with good landscape and creep choices. While there are a few rectifications to do, this is a map you can choose for a fair match. 3,5/5.

M

20:18, 1st Aug 2009, by Rui(#8):
"Anarchy Castle" is a balanced melee map with good landscape and creep choices. While there are a few rectifications to do, this is a map you can choose for a fair match. 3,5/5.

Level 22
Vote for Aproval!

Barathrum's Review (Mini Moderator)

+ The map has a name, author, has a description, is in the right category
+ Terrain is good
+ The map also has enough gold mines (all players can build a second base)
+ Includes neutral buildings.
- you placed Gates, wich ruin the game (AI can't play in full potential)
- Improve the decription

Fix the AI, then it'll be 4/5

Vote for aproval
Rating: 2/5

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Anarchy Castle" (melee map by WorpeX)

"Anarchy Castle" is a balanced melee map which works well for either team, solo, or free-for-all games.The landscape is decent: the layout is fair and there is ground texture variation (not of my liking, I admit, but it is present). There is no elevation, but city tilesets, such as Dalaran, usually serve as an excuse for this.The only lacuna I found was that there is next to no action on the center of the map.
Neutral buildings leave their doubts on you. There is a Tavern in the middle, which is alright. I see no problem with the Waygates either, but I also find no good reason to have them; they remove even more life from the central area of the map. The Gold Mine next to your base does not leave me particularly amused either. While they serve as a quick expansion, they're easy to maintain and they're close to your base, which means they can attack you too early if they find you building too close (which is what happened in the game I just played), and they can still be lamed with towers if you lure them.This is not too big of an issue. The issue I wish to point out are the positions of the Goblin Laboratory and the Goblin Merchant, which I think should be switched. The Merchant should serve more as a friendly spot in the middle of the battlefield (see Blizzard's "Turtle Rock", for example), while the Goblin Laboratory has plenty of other uses, and considering the expansions are so easy to get, sneaking a Goblin Sapper into the enemies' base would be a good idea!
Third, the creeps. They're quite well chosen. I especially like the presence of the Berserk Elemental on the close Gold Mines, since it can cast Frost Nova, which grants the hostile spot will deal some damage to your units even if you attempt to make some smart hit and run stratagem (which I mentioned earlier).The drops, which are the doomsday of the majority of the melee maps around, are not badly set either. I have a few recommendations, such as a Lvl4 Charged for the Elemental (instead of Lvl4 permanent), Lvl3 Charged for the Enforcer of the Merchant and no drop for the Rogue Wizard (in place of the Lvl2 permanent for the first and the Lvl1 powerup for the latter), and perhaps a Lvl2 permanent for the Murlocs (from a lvl2 powerup).My complaint ends right there!
On a last, more personal note, I believe the gates should be removed. You came with an explanation as to why the gates were there on your other 1vs1 map, but I see no motive to have those gates here. While they don't prevent you from playing with the AI or cause it to malfunction, their presence doesn't allow it to use all its potential. I don't understand what's the problem with playing with computers, but in my opinion, you should be able to play with both AI and normal players.My rating for this map is 3,5 out of 5, which rounds up, of course, to a 4 (Recommended). My thumbs up for this map (Approval vote)!
EDIT: This is a little exception to the rule, but I have placed the map on Reviewed status. The resource is now on the Medieval/Warcraft category, its right one.

Last edited:
Level 7
I see no problem with the Waygates either, but I also find no good reason to have them; they remove even more life from the central area of the map.

5 years later, I have finally taken your suggestion and removed the waygates. haha

Anyway, huge major updates to this map after a long time being tossed aside. Looks like its getting some love (finally) and being added to the playffa.net ladder rotation!