• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WOTE 1.7d

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: Septimus
Well, this is a map about elven warfare. War of the Elves. I made this map by myself. But I've used some custom models found in this site. Modelers are mentioned in the game.
================================
Updates.
I will give you people a warning. Armada can only be defeated by three or more. You can beat him 1 on 1 if you have the following items:
1. Halberd of Justice
2. Razorspine Trident
3. Shield of Deception
4. Windbow
5. Slippers of Teleportation (Optional)

Note: Armada can be also defeated in 1 on 1 if you stun him first before he stuns you.

Updates:
- Weaker Towers
- Weaker Creeps
- Edited some heroes
- New Hero
- Fixed bugs

Note: The maximum level is lvl 30, not lvl 25.

================================
And Please: DON'T FORGET TO RATE IT HONESTLY.

NOTE: I really don't know what you people want with the terrain. Specify.

Keywords:
Blood Elf, Night Elf, WOTE, Elf, Elves, Hero Defense, Maps, AoS.
Contents

WOTE 1.7d (Map)

Reviews
14:00, 18th Oct 2008 Septimus: The terrain is really have 90% similiarity with dota terrain and it is way too bad. It seems like this map have gone through several update, but it look like you did not find anybody to help you fix the terrain. To...

M

14:00, 18th Oct 2008
Septimus: The terrain is really have 90% similiarity with dota terrain and it is way too bad. It seems like this map have gone through several update, but it look like you did not find anybody to help you fix the terrain.

To make matter even worst, there is only 1-2 hostile creep to be hunt either. Armada attack seem to have 90% success rate to stun the hero, how do you expect a user to kill it and run away shall their hp goes low ?

Tower damage are way too insane and inbalance, hero die in less than 5 hit.

Item doesn't have any hotkey at all, making the user rather annoyed whenever they purchase the item.

Although the map seems to be function well enough for approval, but there is a serious of inbalance and error of it which naturally ruined the good side of it.

I would give you 1 months to give this map a tremendous improvement over it. If you did not comply over it, I would have no choice but to reject this resources.

As for now, it is unacceptable and at review status.

18:17, 30th Oct 2008
Rui:
Unacceptable maps are [highlight]Rejected[/code].

Level 5
YADC
Yet another dota clone

Stil not bad tho keep at it and itll be a good map, try to make something unseed b4 in dota maps something NEW and it could be great

Level 19
my commanet... this was very boring.
if u want it to be fun do like this.
1. Change unit speed to minimum 400 so slow speed on the heroes.
2. and new spells will be needed. Nearly orginal spells like redscores says.
3. Bad terrain, not even fun nothing cool. And redscores complain my terrain but im not even finished but if he complain my terrain then he absolutly dont like this terrain :)
4. The towers are to strong. and the hero level up to fast. And the hero get life when they are damaged? Why realy boring.

Can be edited alot.
I know how to do a cool aos map so ask me, and redscores are pretty good u can ask him if u need tip i think.

Level 9
my commanet... this was very boring.
if u want it to be fun do like this.
1. Change unit speed to minimum 400 so slow speed on the heroes.
2. and new spells will be needed. Nearly orginal spells like redscores says.
3. Bad terrain, not even fun nothing cool. And redscores complain my terrain but im not even finished but if he complain my terrain then he absolutly dont like this terrain :)
4. The towers are to strong. and the hero level up to fast. And the hero get life when they are damaged? Why realy boring.

Can be edited alot.
I know how to do a cool aos map so ask me, and redscores are pretty good u can ask him if u need tip i think.

Haven't you read the quest/ABOUT Menu? I said I need a Mapper/Terrainer. I know that the terrain looks that bad but it will be improved soon. Else, this is just the first version. I'll need a help in this AoS map. But I can't contact anyone cause my pc has NO internet connection and i just transfer files from my PC to another PC that HAS an internet connection using a MMC and an MMC reader.

Explanations:
- The skills are standard because if I import a custom skill, It will just add another 10KB which includes triggers that can REALLY affect the File size. This map has high file size because of the CUSTOM models imported. And if that models are not in this map, I can;t call this map War of the Elves

sib

sib

Level 2
here what you need to improove

terrain

1.too plain, make it more complicated but balance in both sides. the reason is also make a variable strategies.
2.lack of creep

heroes
1.its ok to choose original skils. at least change the experience of players in new map.

but, it wiil be better if you make weird skills, cause of new map

2.make more story, i think that many people lke to read the story of hero, to feel more intensing to the game.

Level 9
alright alright, in 1.7c, I'kk change the terrain. I will make it rough. But I don't want my terrain to be rough. I want it smooth. Rough terrain looks ugly and never cleaned.Just look at DOTA now. Very rough terrain. ugly. And i don't know the trigger of replacing creeps when they die. It's still a mystery to me.