• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Apocalypse - Versus

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my newest map which I have created, my favourite too.

Its a 2 player map were one of the players would play defence and the other player would play offence. EDIT - Now playable as any team 1 player.

The aims of the game:
Defensive Player - You must defend your castle for as long as possible, the winning condition is to have the castle alive after an amount of rounds (chosen by you) of the horde. You will get a minor about of money at the start of every round, income we could say. This is done by the opposing player, you get a small proportion of their income every round. You can buy 1 of each hero from the castle.

Offensive Player - You play the horde, you do not control the horde personally, but will provide upgrades in spawn count, abilities and general upgrades to the horde. Your aim is to destroy the Castle BEFORE all rounds are over. You also get income as told earlier, your income is based on what upgrades you do, whether they are of spawn count or of general upgrades.

I do appreciate any comments or constructive criticism, and might make different playable game modes in further updates. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Imported models and icons made by:

Pyramidhe@d
Gottfrei
SuPa-
Darky29
sPy
Ampharos 222
amigurumi
killst4r
Infinitynexus
Weep
epsilon
Callahan
Mr. Bob
Lord-T-Rex
FrIkY

*Update 1:
- Made it so it is 1 player if you play as the human team with the horde player as Closed.
- Changed costs of some of the unique upgrades
- Added tips, and possibility of extra income.
- Removed starting mechanical units, they are still buy-able just not ready placed any more.
- Fixed bug of horde units stopping instead of attacking the base.

*Update 2:
- Fixed spelling errors of Zersus to Versus, and hole to whole. Only ones I noticed.
- Added 9 more tips.

*Update 3:
- Spelt Apocalypse correctly
- Added bug fix about moving units.

*Update 4:
- Changed a few units.
- Made anti-air ability work.
- Added new hero idea (buying heroes from castle)
- Made Dreadnoughts more powerful.
- Frost Wryms are now heavy armor.
- Made Fodders appear less.
- Added more tips.
- Added another ability for the Dreadlord.

*Update 5:
- Changed Rain of Fire ability on the Dreadlord to Slow.
- Made 1 player defending more difficult.
- Made the defending team be able to choose the amount of rounds to survive (30, 50, 80 or 100)
- Made more heroes for humans, made it so there is a ranged hero and a melee hero for each tier, higher tier heroes being better than lower tier heroes.
- Made Upkeep affect hero xp as well as bounty percentage.

*Update 6:
- Completed human heroes so now started on undead ones.
- Made upgrades affect more units: such as FMJ affecting both flying machines and walkers.

*Update 7:
- Finished with all heroes.
- Added infinite rounds option. (Possible tournament idea)
- Made Attack upgrade for horde more effective.
- Made Health upgrade for horde affect health regeneration as well as max health.
- Added upgrades for undead heroes.

*Update 8:
- Made undead heroes cost more, both upgrades and spawning them.
- Added AI for 1 player defending.
- Make Rain of Chaos cost mana.

*Update 9:
- Made AI work better.
- Fixed bug in AI.

*Update 10: (REALLY BIG!)
- Fixed some abilities in parts.
- Added human AI, so now playable 1 player as horde.
- Finished human units for when upgrades are complete.
- Made Guard Towers upgradable with Bent Arrows, Long Bows and Hardened Armor.
- Made 2 observer spots to watch matches between players or AI.

*Update 11:
- Made Human AI defend buildings.
- Improved all AI spell usage.

*Update 12:
- Improved AI.
- Added some doodads.

*Update 13:
- Fixed beginning problem (round choice never was given :/)

*Update 14:
- Made observers able to vote for a winner, or not vote if they wish. Voting for a player will make them allied with that player, if they don't vote then they are given full vision over the map.
- Made fix to Human AI so they return to the castle if its attacked (which they didn't before).

*Update 15:
- Fixed observer vote problem (infinite rounds caused them to win on round start)

*Update 16:
- Made strings include player names.
- Made players which leave change to have AI names. (Human AI, Horde AI)

Things to do:
- Finish undead heroes. DONE
- Add extra units for human when upgrades are fully complete. DONE
- Possibly add AI for the human team, make it able to play as horde 1 player. DONE
- Add tips about use of observers.
- Possibly add extras (game modes etc) which observers will choose (such as double damage round or double XP round)

Keywords:
Zombie Apocalipse Versus Income Horde Undead Human Castle Hero
Contents

Zombie Apocalypse - Versus (Map)

Reviews
19:53, 31st Jan 2011 Cweener: Rejected (until updated) Rules violations.

M

19:53, 31st Jan 2011
Cweener: Rejected (until updated)
Rules violations.

32zombieapocalipseversu.jpg

1-The terrain is so flat and there's plenty of unused space. ( You can ignore this point. )
2-For some reason I don't get income so I was not capable of upgrading my units.
3-For some reason the humans have tanks, marines, robots..I don't know if this was meant to be a part of the map but it seems greatly unreal for me.
( You can ignore this point. )
4-There are minor spelling mistakes.

24zombieapocalipseversu.jpg

Allow me to rate this map 3/5 it has a good gameplay idea but could be improved ( At least in my opinion ) By adding more custom imports, filling up terrain spaces and the terrain itself, tell me if you require help with triggers, terrain, icons..anything else except models.

Level 12
The description still lacks, doesn't make me want to read it since it looks really plain; use hidden tags, tables, add screenshots, use colours ( Don't over do it ).
Do you ever actually test maps? :p

DeadBoss said:
Please stop with the "Improve the description use the BB code bla bla" seriously we should focus on the map design, gameplay etc...
I would have agreed with DeadBoss to a certain extent, but according to the post he was responding to:
First of all, the I think the description passes the rules, but
Dude, give proper credits would you?
It was actually pointing towards another problem, not the description, correct?

Level 9
Errors:
Nr1: Apocalypse is spelled like that!
Nr2: LEAKS! :O
Dunno if it matters in a map this size, but anyways:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 4 (Purple)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Castle Area <gen>))
This trigger leaks, below you'll see how to fix it!
Fix:
  • Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 4 (Purple))
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Castle Area <gen>))
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)
That's one example.
Follow this guide to learn how to remove leaks!

and well..
It might work anyways, but there's some risks taken when not removing leaks,
if i'm not wrong, if I am, please correct me!

/Mumbis

Level 7
the human gets income based off of the zombies income as far as i can tell...

EDIT: Ok after a test it seemed the human got 1 income per 50 of the zombies. Also apocalypse is spelled incorrectly. the income of getting more spawns needs to be greatly increased... spending 8k gold for 200(or 400 i cant remember) income on the behemoth and getting like +1 2 or 3 for the initial zombies. I only got spawn upgrades at first and it took like 10 rounds to get something that gave decent income.

Last edited:
Level 13
the human gets income based off of the zombies income as far as i can tell...

EDIT: Ok after a test it seemed the human got 1 income per 50 of the zombies. Also apocalypse is spelled incorrectly. the income of getting more spawns needs to be greatly increased... spending 8k gold for 200(or 400 i cant remember) income on the behemoth and getting like +1 2 or 3 for the initial zombies. I only got spawn upgrades at first and it took like 10 rounds to get something that gave decent income.

The reason you get so little income from spawn counts are that if you got like 2k for a 4k upgrade you would easily be able to swarm the human with numbers. so i thought it would be easier for the human player (not that its in any way easy) to give minuscule income for spawn counts.