• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Tournament 38.0

Welcome to
175688-albums6602-picture89577.jpg
Quick Information

A WC3 Hero Arena map based on World of Warcraft, where you pick one of the many hero classes and test your skills at WC3/WoW against enemies. A map that offers unique balanced PVP battles and boss fights as well. Have fun!
Features

Map includes a lot of stuff like:
  1. Good amount of hero classes
  2. Two Avaliable Game Modes: -ap (default); -ar
  3. Fun mood commands like: -wtf; -idea; -weed; -fire etc.
  4. Boss Fight each 3th round (Auto-Balanced)
Screenshots and Gameplay Videos
Credits and Map Updates

Credits go to: Blizzard, Burke the Great (ability ideas), Draxy

Version 38.0
Gameplay:
Warrior Arms: Pummel Hotkey fixed
Warrior Arms: Charge reworked
Paladin Holy: Skin changed
• Paladin Holy: Holy light hit points amount fixed
• DK Blood: Skin changed
latest
Shaman Enhancement:
• Added
latest
Warrior Arms:
• Battle Shout removed
• Hamstring button removed. Hamstring is now passively applied when using Mortal Strike
• Pummel added
• Execute added
Ability_warrior_defensivestance.png
Warrior Protection:
• Disarm removed
• Spell Reflection removed
• Shield Wall added
• Dodge added
latest
Rogue Subtlety:
• Smoke Bomb removed
• Kick added
latest
Warlock Affliction:
• Shadow Bolt removed
• Malefic Grasp added
latest
Warlock Demonology:
• Hand of Gul'Dan removed
• Shadow Bolt added
601.png
Death Knight Blood:
• Healing received from Rune Tap decreased down from 20% to 10%.
• Veteran of the Third War no longer grants dodge chance

Keywords:
WoW, Arena, Tourmanemt
Contents

WoW Tournament 38.0 (Map)

Reviews
10:59, 22nd Jul 2013 Orcnet: Hell_Master's review:

M

10:59, 22nd Jul 2013
Orcnet: Hell_Master's review:

Hell_Master;2382518 said:
WoW Tournament v8.6 BETA Review:

Introduction

I really miss my reviewing maps and this will be my start once again. The map is damn awesome btw!

Unexpected tab 1

[tab=[COLOR=Lime]Good Points:[/COLOR]]
  • Terrain is quite great, is not flat and filled with doodads properly and wisely. Tile mixing is present which makes it great as I've said. This is the only arena type of map I saw that has damn awesome terrain to be honest.
  • Decent amount of heroes to choose from which all has good and strategic skills.
  • Various items and recipes. They are useful in battles and some are quite unique. Though I suggest is add more and also whats the use of the Recipe (Epic) Shop?
  • Great PvE. Bosses are balanced enough though a problem
[/tab]

[tab=[COLOR=Red]Bad Points:[/COLOR]]
  • PvE Area is too small which makes it less strategic. What my plan actually is hit and run and it is quite impossible here because of the lack of space. I suggest is largen it up.
[/tab]

[tab=[COLOR=White]Suggestions:[/COLOR]]
  • More items, the better. Your items and recipes proves to be good and useful in-game and I would like to see more in the upcoming updates
  • Ofc! More heroes, more fun. Your heroes also proves to be great and so I would like to see more of these.
  • Terrain improvement. At its state, its quite great but it depends if you want it to be improved!
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, after a long break on reviewing maps, a new start has shown me a great map and this is it. Thank you for letting me experience a fresh map like this.

Rating: 4/5
Reward: +4 REP
Vote: Approved

Level 5
Ty dude :grin: I will add more screenshots as soon as possible, I was just looking forward to upload my project, that I've been working on for months. It is probably my most successful map project :goblin_good_job: I will improve the description as well.

Level 30
WoW Tournament v8.6 BETA Review:

Introduction

I really miss my reviewing maps and this will be my start once again. The map is damn awesome btw!

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain is quite great, is not flat and filled with doodads properly and wisely. Tile mixing is present which makes it great as I've said. This is the only arena type of map I saw that has damn awesome terrain to be honest.
  • Decent amount of heroes to choose from which all has good and strategic skills.
  • Various items and recipes. They are useful in battles and some are quite unique. Though I suggest is add more and also whats the use of the Recipe (Epic) Shop?
  • Great PvE. Bosses are balanced enough though a problem
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • PvE Area is too small which makes it less strategic. What my plan actually is hit and run and it is quite impossible here because of the lack of space. I suggest is largen it up.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • More items, the better. Your items and recipes proves to be good and useful in-game and I would like to see more in the upcoming updates
  • Ofc! More heroes, more fun. Your heroes also proves to be great and so I would like to see more of these.
  • Terrain improvement. At its state, its quite great but it depends if you want it to be improved!
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, after a long break on reviewing maps, a new start has shown me a great map and this is it. Thank you for letting me experience a fresh map like this.

Rating: 4/5
Reward: +4 REP
Vote: Approved

Level 5
I really thank you so much that you approved the map! It was a truly hard time for me to manage to do all these things a map needs :grin: Of course, I will add more items, I just test each new item thousand of times to ensure that it IS NOT imbalanced and has its strategic placement at the map. Ty once again :goblin_yeah:

Level 1
Really nice. I liked to play old WotLK arena, and this map is the same.
I have some tips.
1) Warrior's shout must generate some rage.
2) Protection Warrior has less abilities than others.
3) Marksmanship Archer must have Aimed Shot.
4) I think, Holy Paladin must be an Intelligence based hero.
5) Remove "Blink" ability from ice mage, it's Arcane mage's spell.
6) Blood DK must heal himself more than 1%/2%/3% from the Death Strike.
I think, that's all now.

Last edited:
Level 5
Ty for ideas, some of them are really good and I will try to put them (like 1,4) but I'm affraid that I will have to disagree with you about the following points :fp:

2) Protection Warrior has all the needed abilities to counter any spellcaster and a lot of melee classes as well. Also, Spell Reflect ability needs one free slot.
3) Hunter class is highly based on 'attack-and-run' strategy, thats why I would not add any casting abilities to it (I was thinking about Steady Shot also). Here is what I think: Next versions I'll increase the max level by 1 and add a new 'Final Ultimate' ability. Marksmanship's one gonna be some sort of Chimera Shot or Kill Shot.
5) Blink is anyway a Mage spell, which is really needed. Its part from Frost Mage's game strategy.
6) Despite of the less heal granted by Death Strike, keep in mind that this class has also Blood Tap, which regenerates 10% of total health every 36 seconds and Mark of Blood, which gonna heal you at least for 7-14% of total hp. That makes 10+14+3(Death Strike)=27% total heal (at least) which is pretty good heal. I could eventually slightly increase it by 2% each level - 3/4/5 which would make the total heal jump up to ~30% at least. Keep in mind Death Strike's cooldown is only 13 seconds and 5% heal each 13th second is pretty much (I think). No melee class would be given a chance to defeat him 1v1, right?

Last edited:
Level 1
About Death Knight.
5% is many for 1v1, I know, but is your map for 2 players? I think, with more players DK must heal more than 3% or 5%.
Now i want to see more characters in the map. It will be great.

Level 5
You know, balance is when every hero class can defeat any other class 1v1. Ofc there are counter classes which give you advantage against other classes but advantage doesnt mean instant victory. I am focusing on this. Yes, if you are fighting 3v1 you will lose, if you enemies are not on low hp, even then is risky. What you are asking is to give the Death Knight the ability to handle the damage dealt from more than one class, which would affect the balance. You forget that the map is team-play based and much depends not only on you but on your partner as well :ogre_hurrhurr:

About the heroes: More classes are comming soon - Enhancement Shaman, Feral Combat Druid, Survival Hunter, Arcane Mage and much more :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Okay, but i thought that this is game for many players, not for two.
Good that you working over the card. Do not get me wrong, I just want to help :)

Level 6
It like me. Now waiting for an update with more uncommon, rare and epic items.
I think, for more wow feeling the heroes skills should always be based on stats, and items should give stats.

Level 1
Hello there. I am a huge fan of WoW and the WC3 WoW maps, and this is my friend one of the best so far IMO, it is truly epic.

It does lack some agility type classes but it takes time to create them, so im not worried about that.

The one thing i don't like are item's. Why did you make them LoL,HoN,Dota type(Recipe) ?

i really think you should create more like item sets, and 1 item of each type.

Main hand - weapon((sword,dagger,mace,bow,staff) damage,attack speed,crit, spell damage, mana, mana reg) item slot 1
Off hand - weapon((dagger,sword)damage,attack speed,crit) shield(armor), tome(spell damage,mana,mana reg,or smtn) item slot 2
Armor - armor, dodge and magic reduction maybe? item slot 3
Helmet - health, armor item slot 4
Boots - movement speed (its a huge factor in wc3 IMO) item slot 5
Trinket - Disables CC (stuns,snares,roots) or some kind of health restore, mana restore, life steal or smtn, dunno be creative, you dont have to actually copy everything from WoW :) item slot 6

And make 3-4 Tiers of every item slot, and make them in sets, so they give bonus.

When you start you have all 6 Tier 1, and when you finish boss after 3rd you can buy tier 2, etc etc

The rest is epic, from score board to the item and spell description, everything is full on. :)

have you ever though about implementing save/load system in this map ? would be awesome :D

Last edited:
Level 5
Ty for support mate. I keep updating the map and looking forward for new ideas. New agility classes are comming in next few months. The item system you are talking about is a really cool idea which I was thinking about as well, but keep in mind that its really time consuming to be made, also this would turn the whole gameplay what I dont want, so I am affraid that I will have to reject this idea at that moment. Also save/load system would be much newb-unfriendly and I dont want that, anyway the first and most important idea of the map is to keep everything simple, fun and skill based, not gear-based :) Ty for support, feel free to give as many suggestions as you want.

Level 2
Hey its burke from the previous post, forgot my accounts mail and all of my mail's basically, so i cant access that one. :(

I tested a mage(frost) in combat, and i must say its pretty balanced.
Except one thing, you can blink before the arena gates are open.
And i think it would be better if Polymorph would last longer and disabled if a polymorphed unit is attacked. Since thats how its in WoW.
Maybe that way will be stronger but more strategic and less lets spam everyone. :)

Level 5
Hi mate, whats up, Im glad ur here and played teh map. Somehow I do remember ya :ogre_hurrhurr: Lets see what we got:

Except one thing, you can blink before the arena gates are open.

You are so right here, this and summons also can move in (if u summon them right infront of gates) arena before the battles start, so Ill fix this asap.

i think it would be better if Polymorph would last longer and disabled if a polymorphed unit is attacked. Since thats how its in WoW.

Thats a lovely idea, I was thinking about it as well, but keep in mind mage has got also a stun ability, Frost Nova, which is an additional CC. Anyway I like it and am looking forward to hear from you how long should I make it last. For now its 3 seconds, if i turn it other way, would be 6 idk. Keep in mind that each disable is a disable anyway and can easily decide exit of team battles, healers can be CC-chained by mobile teams which means that disables shouldnt last so long. The longest disable ingame is Paladin's Repentance which turns target into sleep for 5 seconds and that means life or death in a team battle, especially if a healer is disabled at the right time. Thats why I dont like so much the idea of increasing the CC-s durations even if a single damage would brake them. What if nobody attacks the polymorphed target these lets say 6 seconds? :goblin_boom: Ty for the idea as I said Im looking forward to hear from you the duration and new suggestions as well ur welcome m8 :ogre_haosis:

Awesome

Level 2
Well yeah you are correct. But polymorph also heals the enemy to the full HP if attacked.
Thats is a little messy i guess.
If you see other's complain about duration they change it then. I trust this is going to be a very great map in future, if you continue like this. :)

Demonology Warlocks bonus armor is a little low really. Plus 2 armor is nothing compared to Affliction warlocks bonus armor (+7). I suggest at least 4 or 5 since its only for the duration of Metamorphosis.

Maybe give a little more MANA POINTS to caster classes, since shaman haz 1200 health points and 300 mana points :(

Retribution Paladins Avenging Wrath gives 10 armor, since its plate, its huge boost IMO.
Plus it gives a lot of damage, its like rouge with HP and ARMOR :(

Protection warrior

Ultimate rework to
"Intervene
60 Rage
600 Range
Instant 30 sec cooldown
Run at high speed towards a party member, intercepting the next melee or ranged attack made against them as well as reducing their total damage taken for next 3 second's by 33%." ??? seems kinda better to me.

And his W
Shield slam to rework into

"Disarm
20 Rage
300 Range
Instant
Disarm the enemy's main hand and ranged weapons for 5 sec.

And his Q Heroic Strike into

Devastate
15 Rage
Melee Range
Instant
Sunder the target's armor causing the Sunder Armor effect. In addition, causes 120% of weapon damage plus 10 for each application of Sunder Armor on the target. The Sunder Armor effect can stack up to 5 times.

You gave him PVE spells for prot. And maybe gives everyone who has stance a passive stance, like warrior, warlock (armor spell), mage (armor spell), paladin (Blessing), DK (stance) etc etc...

Level 5
Ty for all the awesome ideas you gave me. Most of them are really worthsome and I approve them, so I added them and gave you credits for the good work :fp: I also edited Metamorphosis's armor bonus up to 5. You may want to check out the new version and see your ideas ingame. Really good and balanced stuff :ogre_hurrhurr: Once again good job.

Level 2
Instead of intelligence classes agility heroes and strength heroes
could be nice to change to

Tavern one - Melee DPS

Rogue - Assassination
Rogue - Subtlety
Warrior - Arms
Death Knight - Blood
Death Knight - Unholy
Paladin - Retribution
Druid - Feral Combat (Cat form)
Shaman - Enhancement

Tavern two - Range DPS

Hunter - Marksmanship
Hunter - Survival
Mage - Frost
Mage - Fire
Mage - Arcane
Warlock - Affliction
Warlock - Demonology
Warlock - Destruction
Druid - Balance
Priest - Shadow
Shaman - Elemental

Tavern three Healers

Priest - Discipline
Priest - Holy
Paladin - Holy
Druid - Restoration
Shaman - Restoration

Tavern four Tanks

Paladin - Protection
Warrior - Protection
DK - Frost (if i remember he is tank right? :) )
Druid - Feral (Bear form)

Arms Warrior rework of Heroic Strike

I think its a good damage spell but i dont think warriors really use it in PVP
they use overpower most of the time- i think, but that will not work i suggest

Mortal Strike
20 Rage
5 second Cooldown
A vicious strike that deals 120% weapon damage and wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness (20%) of any healing received for 10 sec.

I just think reduced healing is better for PVP.

Also one more question, why dont you make Spells books ? you can have like up to 11 spells, it would be much more interesting. :)

Level 5
Arms Warrior rework of Heroic Strike

I think its a good damage spell but i dont think warriors really use it in PVP
they use overpower most of the time- i think, but that will not work i suggest

Mortal Strike
20 Rage
5 second Cooldown
A vicious strike that deals 120% weapon damage and wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness (20%) of any healing received for 10 sec.

Idea approved and is imported ingame already :fp: Honestly, I've been thinking about that idea too, but it really requires a lot of work to be done - every single heal ingame should have been reworked into trigger ability and be reduced when target suffers from Mortal Wounds as well. It took me a whole day to do so. Also, since every healing spell is a trigger based ability, I decided that it would be much cooler if healing done is displayed to allies of healed unit :ogre_hurrhurr: Ty for support m8 really cool ideas which improved gameplay a lot.

Level 5
Terrain looks horrible from the screen-shots. There are plenty of advanced terraining tutorials such as: reflection, shadows, ground tiles.. And use those World of Warcraft models. I don't understand why people use those generic default models, ???

Thanks for criticism, I appreciate that. First of all, what exactly dont you like at terrain? It offers everything that a PvP map requires - its not flat and empty like most of arena maps -> thats why it offers quite great usage of fog of war skills. Test it ingame and you will see what Im talking about. It also offers quite great enviroment which presents each arena right as it should look like. Secondly, usage of wow models would greatly increase size of map and would make it imposible map to be played at multiplayer, also nobody wants to download a map for hours, right? These models are quite great and spare greatly map size, also some of them are imported, but they dont require so much size as e.g one wow model would require, do they? Ty for supporting map by commenting :thumbs_up: :ogre_hurrhurr:

Thanks for criticism, I appreciate that. First of all, what exactly dont you like at terrain? It offers everything that a PvP map requires - its not flat and empty like most of arena maps -> thats why it offers quite great usage of fog of war skills. Test it ingame and you will see what Im talking about. It also offers quite great enviroment which presents each arena right as it should look like. Secondly, usage of wow models would greatly increase size of map and would make it imposible map to be played at multiplayer, also nobody wants to download a map for hours, right? These models are quite great and spare greatly map size, also some of them are imported, but they dont require so much size as e.g one wow model would require, do they? Ty for supporting map by commenting :thumbs_up: :ogre_hurrhurr:

I can show you a few examples of how a map terrain should look like:
185888-albums6426-picture89052.png
185888-albums6426-picture89053.png
136833d1404767402-tropics-summernewwithwaves2.png

Map limit is 8 MB, you can successfully lower the model size by optimizing them. There are various programs to optimize textures and models. You should also check out a map called: WoW: Heroes Return [ORPG]. It has about minimum 40 models extracted from World of Warcraft and it still keeps a small file-size. I suggest you to make these changes, as of right now the terrain is lacking = 3/10. The rating is for terrain only.

PS: Check Terrain Board and Tool section in the forums.

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@ShadowShaman.mn:

That is not a valid reason to give it such a low rating. It takes a lot of effort to make something like this.

Level 5
When I see the symbol "WoW" I get filled with rage. 1/5.

What exactly didn't you like at the map? U gave no reasonable explanation to give such low rating. As Imperator said, it took me way too much time to create it and it's desrespectful to judge it that way. That only talks bad about you and not the map. I just consider your rating as "troll post" and wont take it serious until u prove ur statement - terain/spells/heroes

Level 2
Hi , I have spend some time playing private servers trying to learn the basic of each class thru patches.And I have a few suggestion that you could add if you feel like it ofc.

Discipline Priest -

First ability

Renew

As it is good if you are under constant CC (polymorph,hex,silence,stun,disarm etc.)

And at 1 second CD.

Second ability

Power Word : Shield

The CD is too long, as it only has global CD on retail, and 8 second is too much.
Maybe you can lower the shield and heal of that spell in return.

And add 2 second speed boost to the target affected by Shield (talent in MoP)

Third ability

Flash heal

Short cast, medium healing, critable spell

Good for when ur Penance is on CD and the Renew is already on the target so you can just heal

Ultimate spell

Guardian spirit

I vote for removal ( and i feel bad about it cuz i see you have put effort in it)

I suggest

Penance

Reason :

You can damage the opponent with that ability (damaging ability that will replace smite)

Healing ability thats a signature for Disc Priest

Shoots 3 charges that can even crit (take that in consideration if you can)

Starting Spell

Inner Fire is self only spell, i suggest you put that as passive and i dont mean as in passive spell
(give Disc more armor ( 1.20 x more armor) and mana regen should be replaced with Spell Power AKA int ) in unit editor )

And replace that with

Leap of Faith

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=73325

Very useful spell for getting ur teammates that are in trouble across the map.

I dont want to bomb you with ideas i will post 1 remix of hero as soon as you give us new version. :p