• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW: Clash of Legends +AI [1.2]

142469-albums7378-picture86212.jpg
World of Warcraft: Clash of Legends is another World of Warcraft total conversion project of mine, it is a fun-to-play classic Hero Arena play-style featured with memorable characters from World of Warcraft franchise. Play as Team Alliance or Team Horde and join the battle conflict between two great faction on Team Battle Mode, or even team up between the two faction and try Boss Mode; challenging the mighty Lich King himself which made some people rage quit! Mediocre AI included, enough to keep you entertain the whole game.

Check out my other World of Warcraft total-conversion project: Heroes Return , The Battleground and Battle of Azeroth

142469-albums7378-picture86211.jpg
lastpost.gif
Lore Characters from World of Warcraft
Over 10 playable characters from the oldschool Paladin Arthas Menethil into the most recent "corrupted looks" of once, kindly sorceress Jaina Proudmoore. Including filler yet cool characters from lore that nobody cares about: Teron Gorefiend and Dranosh Saurfang!

lastpost.gif
Total Conversion Materials from WoW
All materials has re-created, poly reduced, geomerged and edited by myself for the multiplayer project usage purpose.

lastpost.gif
Attributes Scaleable Abilities
Q-W-E-R and D-F active spamable abilities up to level 10 with comfortable hotkeys to use! All abilities are scaleable by attributes and base level.

lastpost.gif
Enchanting, Total-Conversion Terrain
Featuring an arena based off from the looks of Stormwind city theme! (Which actually a garden concept from a long-ago project) Terrain theme might be change from time to time.

lastpost.gif
Moving Creeps
All creeps are able to walk around the arena instead of only standing there doing nothing, chillin', including Boss when you activated Boss Mode - So it's not you that come to them, but it's them that come to you. Aww!

lastpost.gif
Custom BGM and Voice Clips
Featuring an intense battle themed BGM and voice clips of the characters screaming, yelling - whatever you name it on Q and R abilities like in typical Hero Arena map nowadays. "why not include voice clips on all Q W E and R instead?" Because this isn't a live concert.

lastpost.gif
Upgradeable Items
All items are upgradeable up to level 5 by using materials like Ore, more higher the tier, more higher the price of the Ore. Improve your equipment to higher tier for higher bonus!

lastpost.gif
And More!

142469-albums7378-picture86213.jpg
The terrain featuring arena based-off from a garden-ish version of Stormwind City blended with moon-ish theme of Night Elves. Here are some first impression in-game screenshots. Terrain layout concepts might be change as the update progressing by.

In-Game Screenshots 001
WoWCoLPreview001.jpg
In-Game Screenshots 002
WoWCoLPreview002.jpg
In-Game Screenshots 003
WoWCoLPreview003.jpg
In-Game Screenshots 004
WoWCoLPreview004.jpg
In-Game Screenshots 005
WoWCoLPreview005.jpg
In-Game Screenshots 006
WoWCoLPreview006.jpg
Currently over 10 playable characters from Team Alliance and Team Horde with my own lowpoly rendition on them, others will be applied as well!

Team Alliance
WoWCoH-HeroesNEWAllianceMini.jpg
Team Horde
WoWCoH-HeroesNEWHordeMini.jpg

142469-albums7378-picture86214.jpg
Credits
Blizzard Entertainment (original World of Warcraft meshes, textures, icons and artworks), LongbowMan (WoW Models - Stormwind Lion Statue and Street Lamp), Judash and JetFangInferno (SFXs), CRAZYRUSSIAN (Command Interface Icons), JesusHipster (CastingBar Model), AnimE (Dropped Items)

Most of the materials are: Re-created, geomerged, edited, poly reduced and Re-UVs by myself for this multiplayer project purpose usage.

Original Artwork for Loading Screen: Siege of Orgrimmar by mad-jill @DeviantArt

Special Thanks: Blizzard Entertainment Various Artists

Changelog

• Version 1.2
- All Abilities tooltips revised
- Some tooltips fixed
- Fixed Player 9 and 10 starting gold
- Tyrande: Changed Moonbolt attribute damage type from Intelligence to Agility
- Tyrande: Changed Tears of Elune attribute damage type from Intelligence to Agility
- Cast bar now using Red color instead of multiple Player color
- Elite: Echo of Jaina revamped
- Elite: Echo of Tyrande revamped
- Elite: Echo of Kael'thas revamped
- Elite: Echo of Garrosh revamped
• Version 1.1
- Terrain revised
- All Tome price changed from 400 gold to 300 gold, 1 honor
- Re-arranged Tree on the middle arena which blocking the view
- New Confirmation and Cooldown UI
- Minimap Preview Revised
- Questlog Revised
- Tooltips fixed
- Tyrande: starting attack speed cooldown reduced by 0.20
- Kael'thas: starting attack speed cooldown increased by 0.25
- Kael'thas: starting base damage reduced by 3
- Jaina: starting attack speed cooldown increased by 0.20
- Jaina: starting base damage reduced by 5
- Velen: starting attack speed cooldown increased by 0.30
- Velen: starting base damage reduced by 4
- Arthas: starting attributes revised
- Tirion: starting attributes revised
- Arthas: Daybreak R mana restore increased from 10% to 20%
- Tirion: Holy Shock now deals 100% Strength instead of 100% Intelligence as a bonus damage
- Tirion: Holy Shock health restore reduced from 9% to 5%
- Velen: Holy Smite now also restore 15% health
- Velen: Holy Smite base damage reduced from 73 to 42
- Velen: Holy Nova base damage reduced from 70 to 38
- Velen: Holy Nova cooldown reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
- Velen: Holy Nova now also restore 10% health
• Version 1.0.c
- Fixed some bugs (no longer found any at the moment, tell me if you found so!)
- Global Death Knight: Anti-Magic Shield duration reduced from 15 to 10
- All heroes starter attributes revised
- Changed Basic Border Line with Night Elf one to matching with the UI
- Valiant Maul, Mace of Serenity and Eye of Hakkar Health Regeneration rate each upgrade has been reduced from 2 to 1
- Nozdormu Ring sell price each ugrade fixed
- All AI now can cast their (D) ability (refixed)
- AI Kael'thas now can cast his Flame Strike ability
- AI Kael'thas now can cast his Scorch ability
- AI Garrosh now can cast his Hellscream's Warsong ability
- AI Garrosh & Lor'themar now can cast his Battle Shout ability
- AI Velen now can cast his Holy Nova ability
- AI Arthas now can cast his Devotion ability
- AI Arthas now can cast his Divine Shield ability
- AI Jaina now can cast his Frost Nova ability
- AI Lor'themar now can cast his Impending Victory ability
- AI Tyrande now can cast her Tears of Elune ability
- Tyrande: Moonbolt base damage increased from 63 to 92
- Kael'thas: Combustion base damage increased from 62 to 114
- Kael'thas: Combustion level multiple scale damage increased from 22 to 24
- Kael'thas: Flame Strike base damage increased from 61 to 110
- Kael'thas: Flame Strike level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 23
- Kael'thas: Scorch no longer has cast time
- Kael'thas: Inferno Blast fixed and revised
- Kael'thas: Inferno Blast base damage increased from 73 to 128
- Kael'thas: Inferno Blast level multiple scale damage increased from 180 to 185
- Jaina: Frostbolt base damage increased from 61 to 112
- Jaina: Frostbolt level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 24
- Jaina: Cone of Cold base damage increased from 60 to 110
- Jaina: Cone of Cold level multiple scale damage increased from 23 to 25
- Jaina: Frost Armor no longer has cast time
- Jaina: Frost Nova base damage increased from 66 to 119
- Jaina: Frost Nova level multiple scale damage increased from 178 to 183
- Velen: Holy Smite base damage increased from 42 to 73
- Velen: Holy Smite level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 23
- Velen: Circle of Healing area of effect reduced from 600 to 500
- Velen: Holy Nova base damage increased from 44 to 70
- Velen: Holy Nova level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 22
- Velen: Prayer of Healing base heal reduced from 600 to 400
- Velen: Prayer of Healing level multiple scale damage reduced from 600 to 300
• Version 1.0.b
- Fixed some tooltips
- AI now can use their (D) ability
- Added No Creeps Mode
- Decrease Creeps movement speed by 60 points (including The Lich King)
- New upgradeable item: Nozdormu Ring
- Global Death Knight: Anti-Magic Shell cooldown increased from 40 to 50
- Global Death Knight: Anti-Magic Shell duration reduced from 20 to 15 seconds
- Dranosh: Frost Strike double damage effect removed
- Dranosh: Frost Strike damage reduced from (54+22*Ability Level) into (52+21*Ability Level)
- Garrosh: Wild Strike base damage reduced from 55 to 50
• Version 1.0.a
- Kael'thas: Fire Blast now no longer use cast time
- Kael'thas: Fire Blast ability cooldown reduced from 8 to 4
- Jaina: Shatter now no longer use cast time
- Jaina: Shatter ability cooldown reduced from 8 to 4
- Velen: Divine Fury now no longer use cast time
- Velen: Divine Fury ability cooldown reduced from 8 to 4
- Velen: Prayer of Healing AoE bouncing range increased from 500 to 1000
- Lor'themar: Execute damage fixed
- All creeps now has a chance to drop runes that heals area health/mana in 6oo AoE
- All creeps now has a chance to drop extra gold
- AI now can pick up items on ground

Keywords:
wow, world of warcraft, cataclysm, mist of pandaria, stormwind, hero arena, PvP, total conversion, AI, garrosh
Contents

WoW: Clash of Legends +AI [1.2] (Map)

Reviews
16:38, 25th Aug 2014 Orcnet: A very unique experience of hero arena by using a fully modified World of Warcraft models to give a different modding world, the use of models is very fascinating and well implemented, The use of AI in the game is...

M

16:38, 25th Aug 2014
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

A very unique experience of hero arena by using a fully modified World of Warcraft models to give a different modding world, the use of models is very fascinating and well implemented, The use of AI in the game is another booster due to its wandering ability and cast spells against enemy units.

What this map also features another awesome mechanics, the Boss Mode where an option for all teams that are now joined together to defeat the Boss hero the Lich King.

In total, this map is a must for hero arena players and a fullhouse for those who want to fight on the Lich King.

Level 14
================================================
In-game Preview Video
================================================

Made a lowpoly rendition of Thall for upcoming version, with model mesh final size 124kb.

142469-albums7366-picture89695.jpg

=====================================================
Upcoming Secret Character: Deathwing! (Model early sneak peek)
=====================================================

142469-albums7378-picture86977.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
I saw AI, lets freaking try :D !
Edit:

Review

Review

WoW: Clash of Legends +AI

+ [ Good ]
+ Whole map has a very impressive and pretty terrain. They are neat and walkable, no glitch has been found.
+ As usual, all of your models are awesome. Somehow, I don't know if I will call it a ripped model. But it's still rocks and don't have any pointed shapes.
+ Spells effects are very special in this map. The casting time above the character is working fine and didn't stacking.
+ The cinematic has no failed. There's no failure at any grammar and spelling.
+ Effect of items are perfectly fit for them. It's a good thing that you might upgrade the item.

- [ Bad ]
- The creeps are very hard to kill at start of the game, specially the Skeleton. The gold you will gain after killing them is a little bit low.

Suggestions -
- If it's possible maybe increase the attack damage of hero or lessen the HP of creeps a little bit.
- I saw the AI didn't buying any items at shop. But it's still your choice if you want to add where AI can buy items.

Rating

4/5

+Rep

Last edited:
Level 14
@James Raphael: thank youu.

@readytoeat: thanks for the review and suggestions. :)
I made the creeps that way to keep them (quite) challenging the whole game and avoiding them from 1-hit-killed from basic attack. But increasing the gold bounty sound like a good idea because the gold rate on 50 point BM quite slow.

I'm not an AI expert so I didn't made them bought items, but instead I made them buying tomes to still keep growing.

@taavidude: it's because you need to play as Player 1 if you play the map alone, as Player 1 need to choose mode 1st before the game start.

@JCarrill0: thank youu.

Level 14
=================================================
[July 14th, 2014] Update Version 1.0.a released with following changelogs

- Fixed some tooltips
- Kael'thas, Jaina and Velen [D] ability now no longer use cast time
- Kael'thas, Jaina and Velen [D] ability cooldown reduced from 8 to 4
- Velen's Prayer of Healing AoE bouncing range increased from 500 to 1000
- Lor'themar [D] Execute damage fixed
- All creeps now has a chance to drop runes that heals area health/mana in 6oo AoE
- All creeps now has a chance to drop extra gold
- AI now can pick up items on ground

Last edited:
Level 6
I played it and the gameplay was pretty unbalanced. Dranosh Saurfang is unkillable even if his level 1. His duration of Anti-spell shield is way too long. Also creeps have too high movement speed. I wanna kill a creep, but he keeps running away, because his movement speed is too high and Lor'Themar execute does 0 damage and yes i do have the newest version. Also have you seen Dranosh? That guy overall is overpowered. I can easily kill anybody while they have full health and i have 200-300 and later in the game creeps are pretty useless. It would be cool if you would make a gamemode where are no creeps. Only players btw the terrain and doodads are very cool and unique, but i wont give it a review as long as some things arent fixed. You should also add some movement speed items.

Last edited:
Level 14
Thanks for the feedback!
I've downloaded the version above a while ago to make sure and Lor'themar Execute now does damage. Make sure you played version 1.0.a
attachment.php

Speaking of Dranosh, his magic barrier absorb 300 damage with 20 sec duration which useful in the beginning and not really a huge problem in the later game, as Q and W ability is enough to break it or just stay away while he has it. It's probably his Q ability which made him quite hard, will be fixed!
As for Creeps, on yesterday version they has a chance to drop mana/health rune each time you've killed them so I believe they no longer useless in later game.

And no creeps mode sound good. Would add movement speed item as well and creeps movement reduction.

+rep

Attachments

• LorthemarExecute.jpg
    LorthemarExecute.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 14,610
Level 14
[July 15th, 2014] Update Version 1.0.b released with following changelogs

- Fixed some tooltips
- Added No Creeps Mode
- Decrease Creeps movement speed by 60 points (including The Lich King)
- New upgradeable item: Nozdormu Ring
- [F] Anti-Magic Shell cooldown increased from 40 to 50
- [F] Anti-Magic Shell duration reduced from 20 to 15 seconds
- Dranosh [Q] Frost Strike double damage effect removed
- Dranosh [Q] Frost Strike damage reduced from (54+22*Ability Level) into (52+21*Ability Level)
- Garrosh [W] Wild Strike base damage reduced from 55 to 50

Last edited:
Level 30
Review emerges!

I played your map and I must say, I enjoyed it pretty much. I'm pawning heroes here with Lv. 26 Garrosh (not that special because I'm just fighting Easy and Normal AIs). The terrain is great for a Hero Arena type of map. Very high quality even the low filesize plus the boss raids which adds some RPG touch to it. But I experienced a nasty bug along the way. I was fighting Kael'thas and when he used his final skill which I suppose is the Inferno or something, it didn't dealt any damage to me but it perma-stunned me which is quite annoying. I assume this is a bug in the OE or the trigger.

As for the fixes on Dranosh's Anti-Magic Shield, I think you could further lower the duration to 8-10 seconds. 15 seconds is still too long seeing that in this game, your spells is your key to beating your enemy because it scales with your attribute which means in those 15 seconds, you are invulnerable to most damages. Normal attack won't do much unless I stand corrected that there is a hero with a powerful normal attack OR the hero you are fighting is high-leveled compare to your low-level, of course, the normal attack would hurt a lot.

Anyway, that's it for this map. I think it looks good but you could still balance the map up such as the Inferno skill that I pointed out and maybe there are still some bugs left to eradicate here that you can spot. For now, 3/5 and Awaiting Update.

Level 6
Ok i found another bug. I just went to fight Kael and Lor'Themar. Suddenly one of them used stun on me which lasted as long as i was alive. Same happened when i fought Echo of Jaina. She freezed me and i was freezed as long as i didnt die which was pretty annoying, because i had lots of health and it took them forever to kill me so i could get rid of the stun/freeze thing.

Level 14
@Hell_Master: thanks for the feedback and compliments! Kael'thas ulti has a chance sometimes to permanent stun the target and will be fixed instead. As for Magic-Barrier, the shield only absorb 300 magic damage and later in game could be easily break which is why I set it as 20 seconds on the earlier version for a longer battle. But 10 seconds sounds fine too.

I am currently balancing the casters and remastering AI as some of them doesn't use certain ability they had, as well as founding some item effect that need to reduce.
+rep

@Taavidude: That stun was from Kael'thas ulti, the similar effect can be found on Echo of Jaina and Echo of Kael'thas as well, such things will be removed on the next version instead. Thanks for the report.

Level 14
[July 16th, 2014] Update Version 1.0.c released with following changelogs

- Fixed some bugs (no longer found any)
- [F] Anti-Magic Shield duration reduced from 15 to 10
- All heroes starter attributes revised
- Changed Basic Border Line with Night Elf one to matching with the UI
- Valiant Maul, Mace of Serenity and Eye of Hakkar Health Regeneration rate each upgrade has been reduced from 2 to 1
- Nozdormu Ring sell price each ugrade fixed
- All AI now can cast their [D] ability (refixed)
- Kael'thas AI now can cast his [W] ability
- Kael'thas AI now can cast his [E] ability
- Garrosh AI now can cast his [E] Hellscream's Warsong
- Garrosh & Lor'themar AI now can cast his [F] Battle Shout
- Velen AI now can cast his [E] Holy Nova
- Arthas AI now can cast his [E] Devotion
- Arthas AI now can cast his [F] Divine Shield
- Jaina AI now can cast his [F] Frost Nova
- Lor'themar AI now can cast his [F] Impending Victory
- Tyrande AI now can cast her [F] Tears of Elune
- Tyrande [Q] Moonbolt base damage increased from 63 to 92
- Kael'thas [Q] Combustion base damage increased from 62 to 114
- Kael'thas [Q] Combustion level multiple scale damage increased from 22 to 24
- Kael'thas [W] Flame Strike base damage increased from 61 to 110
- Kael'thas [W] Flame Strike level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 23
- Kael'thas [E] Scorch no longer has cast time
- Kael'thas [R] Inferno Blast fixed and revised
- Kael'thas [R] Inferno Blast base damage increased from 73 to 128
- Kael'thas [R] Inferno Blast level multiple scale damage increased from 180 to 185
- Jaina [Q] Frostbolt base damage increased from 61 to 112
- Jaina [Q] Frostbolt level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 24
- Jaina [W] Cone of Cold base damage increased from 60 to 110
- Jaina [W] Cone of Cold level multiple scale damage increased from 23 to 25
- Jaina [E] Frost Armor no longer has cast time
- Jaina [R] Frost Nova base damage increased from 66 to 119
- Jaina [R] Frost Nova level multiple scale damage increased from 178 to 183
- Velen [Q] Holy Smite base damage increased from 42 to 73
- Velen [Q] Holy Smite level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 23
- Velen [W] Circle of Healing area of effect reduced from 600 to 500
- Velen [E] Holy Nova base damage increased from 44 to 70
- Velen [E] Holy Nova level multiple scale damage increased from 21 to 22
- Velen [R] Prayer of Healing base heal reduced from 600 to 400
- Velen [R] Prayer of Healing level multiple scale damage reduced from 600 to 300

Last edited:
Level 8
holy moly. i like all your projects. the things i like most is the visual of yours... all the custom made pictures, signatures, designs etc. try this ingame . terrain looks very clean and fine :)

Level 10
I think this is a bug. Well, Velen [ Valkemiere ] was stunned by Ogrimmar or Garrosh ( I forgot ). I use Lor'themar, a battle between Ogrimmar/Garrosh + Kael'Thas v.s. Lor'themar + Velen. Velen got stunned by an Orc, the stunned last longer. Until I wait for the stun to stop and it didn't stop. Velen got killed and this unit start walking and killing.

Level 6
Review: WoW: Clash of Legends +AI [1.0.c]
Good points
Terrain is good
Doodads are cool and unique
Gameplay is amazing (probably the best hero arena ive ever played)
Modes are interesting and fun to play
Bad points
Some doodads are way too big like the trees in the middle. They just keep blocking my view
What i dont like about the boss mode is when chosen a hero we spawn right next to the lich king
Suggestions
Make the trees smaller in the middle, maybe you should also change spawn location for boss mode and it would be cool if you would also add creeps that are level 4 and 5
4/5

Level 2
Im gonna try this out. After playing both WoW-Total Conversion Maps i am convinced to play this one. Wondering how Arthas will fight the "Lich King". Im gonna post feedbacks whenever i am able to play it fully.

Level 14
[August 5th, 2014] Update Version 1.0.d released with following changelogs

- Terrain revised
- All Tome price changed from 400 gold to 300 gold, 1 honor
- Re-arranged Tree on the middle arena which blocking the view
- New Confirmation and Cooldown UI
- Minimap Preview Revised
- Questlog Revised
- Tooltips fixed
- Tyrande starting attack speed cooldown reduced by 0.20
- Kael'thas starting attack speed cooldown increased by 0.25
- Kael'thas starting base damage reduced by 3
- Jaina starting attack speed cooldown increased by 0.20
- Jaina starting base damage reduced by 5
- Velen starting attack speed cooldown increased by 0.30
- Velen starting base damage reduced by 4
- Arthas starting attributes revised
- Tirion starting attributes revised
- Arthas: Daybreak [R] mana restore increased from 10% to 20%
- Tirion: Holy Shock [Q] now deals 100% Strength instead of 100% Intelligence as a bonus damage
- Tirion: Holy Shock [Q] health restore reduced from 9% to 5%
- Velen: Holy Smite [Q] now also restore 15% health
- Velen: Holy Smite [Q] base damage reduced from 73 to 42
- Velen: Holy Nova [E] base damage reduced from 70 to 38
- Velen: Holy Nova [E] cooldown reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
- Velen: Holy Nova [E] now also restore 10% health

Level 5
Nice Work Andrea!! Again you have impressed the Hive Workshop with your brilliant work. I can't say anything about the project itself, for now, but I will double my search in finding any errors or bugs. I wish you the best of luck in your projects. Thank You!!