• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Free for all & exploration modes included in dialog at the start of the game with many other options to customize your survival experience.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.

• Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy123
  • BraveHeroo
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
  • Devoltz (adds cheats)
  • Tohsak132 (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
i have a solution for NOOB players to NOT DIE early in the game. creator, make the color of the survivor (player) blue if they are freezing (at least at 20 remaining warthm/mana) and also include a text in the center of the screen as a reminder for them that they are loosing warthm/mana, run to the nearest fire to replenish there warthm. (note: mana is warthm in this game) thank you!

Level 2
are you planning on making this available for people who don't have anyone to play with? (single player)

Level 4
Gj for updating this game, loving it's single player :)
However this map won't show up on the maps folder
I fixed it by shortening the name though so gotta make the name short for it to be recognized in the game since Warcraft hates long names :
Anyways great job on this map!!!

Level 6
cannot facking create a shotgun, always end up as sewing kit

bone bone bone bone vine = not shotgun = sewing kit + 3 bones

Level 1
You can revive a wounded playing by putting the wounded body in a "tent" then hitting the player restore ability used by the "tent" this only works when the "in-game time" is 11-13 so it's not abused.

who's tent? the player who is wounded? or the one who is still alive?

Level 2
Computer Controlled

Why can't you just use the "share control" for the computer. Please make a trigger is that every player has to type a word to deactivate shared control. Make the computer ignore this sentence, and be placed under your control. This should only be done for allied computers. This will make 2 player each controlling the absent players or the computers.

I don't understand what you're saying.

He meant to say "There is a bug, The Animal's bone can be used by other player to make the player's main unit their own" or "human players can tame your tamed units into their units, by re-taming them."

Level 12
Why can't you just use the "share control" for the computer. Please make a trigger is that every player has to type a word to deactivate shared control. Make the computer ignore this sentence, and be placed under your control. This should only be done for allied computers. This will make 2 player each controlling the absent players or the computers.

This map is meant for player versus player, not player versus or with computers.

He meant to say "There is a bug, The Animal's bone can be used by other player to make the player's main unit their own" or "human players can tame your tamed units into their units, by re-taming them."

-Not possible he must be playing a older version.

Level 2
Are there limits to taming rabbits, bears and wolves?
I was able to tame 2 bears for 1 of my games. Later, I was only able to tame 1 bear. This is strange...

Will newer version of maps be given numbers to tell that is a newer version? I see that this map doesn't have number. Please enlighten me.

Finally, this thread...
Under, Quick New Updates before release: Updated I recommend to re-read things here --> [+]New Animals:...
Why are there so many animals but I don't find most of them in the game, are they simply just rare?

Level 3
for th creator

I played your map...

In 2011 me and my friend keep playing this map and we really enjoy the game.
We also master and memorize the requirements in items.. my only point is
"Can you make the life decreases 5 over 0.1 sec instead of 10 damage" per-second i mean when your temperature is on 0 (zero)...

But now i see it again and you make it good maybe i try this game now..

I GIVe it 5/5 cuz its amazing and freakin good..

Level 12
I played your map...

In 2011 me and my friend keep playing this map and we really enjoy the game.
We also master and memorize the requirements in items.. my only point is
"Can you make the life decreases 5 over 0.1 sec instead of 10 damage" per-second i mean when your temperature is on 0 (zero)...

But now i see it again and you make it good maybe i try this game now..

I GIVe it 5/5 cuz its amazing and freakin good..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 3
wow so cool...

its free to play now ^^

you know i am your biggest fan (the creator of wilderness survival Co-oP)

keep up the good work ^^

Level 2
Played it 3 times today... every time it ended with the game crashing, max duration we reached was 30 min before it crashed. Also spike trap recipe is broken, nothing happens if i combine those items

Level 2
When was the last time you downloaded it?

About 3 days ago...

Edit: Anyway, nice map but it does have some problems. Me and my friend have pretty good PCs and we started increasing fps lag as the game went on. Also the game doesn't say anywhere how to clean pelts, figured it out myself you gotta do it with water barrel. Some recipes are a little faulty too, and ammunition for ranged weapons is broken - I tried combining a bow with 5 arrows + 3 arrow bundles + quiver and all I got was a bow with 10 arrows (the quiver dissapeared too)? Then i tried loading arrows to crossbow, it worked if i loaded them one by one, but when i tried to load an arrow bundle, the arrows dissapeared and the crossbow remained empty. Haven't tried out the guns yet..

Last edited:
Level 12
sir i think it's impossible to make a silencer(sulfur+moss+horn) because sulfur+ moss becomes black gun powder

Silencer is turned off because it's not balanced yet.

Unseen
-I added a hotfix which wasn't numbered actually there were quite a few of them, you will have to re-download it
-As for the bow problems you're having I'll look into it

Last edited:
Level 1
this is great but i wan to know how to dry raw pelt.I got drying rack but it say you cant do that.But the pelt say it need to be cleaned.But how ?????

Level 12
How i dry raw pelt?? I try many times . Jay pls help me ok ?

The item description should show what you need to clean the raw pelt, which in this case it would be water barrel. To make water barrel look in your recipes for Tools & Kits the recipe can be found inside there. Drying rack will not clean pelts as it say it drys hides to make leather it will not dry pelts because it's a fur.

Level 30
Map Review
Wilderness Survival (Version Halloween)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Wilderness Survival" is a game that lets player tackle the environment and survive the harsh conditions for a period of time, and who ever kills the Nightmare wins the game.

"The game is challenging yet enjoyable, you somehow put RPG and this kind of map genre to work together and make it good, but some skills are kinda slow example when activated like climbing a tree and its limitation, I suggest you start the skill by a second and give some limitations on where to drop in an area but nevertheless its moderately fine."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"I couldn't see much of the terrain because of the fogs you have added in the game but probably I am now blind or its you just added some difficulty in the map, anyways looking much clearer in some areas, I did find it good."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"All in all, great map can be played with friends or online, or play it solo which is better for me, haven't spot any leaks or how the trigger's output in-game, but I spot some object errors like blurry loading screen, I know your reducing the file size but somehow decrease it by means of not terminating some important details like texts, mini-map, objectives, etc. another is that some DISBTNS are missing, including texts. if your conditional goal is decrease file size I think this can help: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=67501, so yeh good map and hope for some good updates."

WC3ScrnShot_110312_200149_01.pngWC3ScrnShot_110312_201332_04.pngWC3ScrnShot_110312_200455_02.png

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 6
woah it kinda improved since the last time i played it good job also i dunno if it only happens to me but every time i make 2 campfires the game crashes :vw_wtf:

Level 2
I have a suggestion. How about a message pops up on the screen that says "5% of life remaining, eat stuff to keep it up," or something like that... Helps us monitor our health while working on hunting, gathering, etc..

Level 1
Hi I love your map! it was fun.. But one problem i am having with people.. I host it and people come in and downloading
I told them to use their common sense.. and to make sure they must work together.. build campfire.. be near campfire when night is coming.. They were like oh yeah i have great common sense.. SO i started game.. People started dying, screaming for help.. it made me laugh a lot.. it was funny but it suks.. I could not keep them under control and pay attention.. they could not.. 5 mins later, game ended because of them died.. So i had to host again.. picked easy mode.. they died rapidly.... i keep explaining them about surviving.. they still keep dying.. i keep hosting.. again, again.. i gave up. i stopped playing your map :(.

Yeah, i have this problem too! I am Vietnamese so your map with my country is well...suck ! But i love it, i am a fan of Jungle trolls and Wilderness Survival, you should and a single player mode ( or i can call it test mod in jungle trolls) it's like u press "Enter" hit "-test mode" and tada no more victory condition. Can u do that ???:vw_wtf:

Level 12
Yeah, i have this problem too! I am Vietnamese so your map with my country is well...suck ! But i love it, i am a fan of Jungle trolls and Wilderness Survival, you should and a single player mode ( or i can call it test mod in jungle trolls) it's like u press "Enter" hit "-test mode" and tada no more victory condition. Can u do that ???:vw_wtf:

It's already implemented do,
-disable win

Note: Do this when the game starts you only have so many seconds before it activates the win condition.

Level 4
Bug - Rabbits disappearing in map

16/11/2011 11:40am (+8GMT) gaming with G+ players (4v4)
After more than a hour game ended, i double-checked the map with disabled fog, i found there is no rabbits at all in the whole map.

Please fix it when you going have new update.

A replay has been submitted as well for your referring if necessary.

Ryousuke86 (MY)

Attachments

• WS 3.7 4v4 no Rabbits.w3g
    667.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 12
16/11/2011 11:40am (+8GMT) gaming with G+ players (4v4)
After more than a hour game ended, i double-checked the map with disabled fog, i found there is no rabbits at all in the whole map.

Please fix it when you going have new update.

A replay has been submitted as well for your referring if necessary.

Yours Truly.
Ryousuke86 (MY)

Already fixed

Last edited:
Level 12
Refer to my replay attached below , found a way to duplicating leather by using disassemble hard leather armor. After disassemble, leather x2 wine still x 1, keep doing will get more leathers.

Impaled skull : recipe not listed in game (skull + bone)

Please take note.

Question: Is explosion arrow able to slot in crossbow yet? It seems doesn't work.

Thanks for these reports I noticed that impaled skull wasn't listed in the recipes I must of forgot about it.

Yes your crossbow needs to have 0 charges + explosive arrow

Last edited:
Level 12
Please refer to replay attached for the above matters : -

Details are: -

A tree gives 2 log, 2branch, 2 or 3 stick (doesn't matter)
Chopping Log : combine 4 sticks = 1 log
chopping 1 log = 6 sticks

Pet taming (rabbit) : The collect resources skill doesn't work
The rabbit wont do anything.

Crossbow(empty) + quiver + 2 bundles of explosive arrow doesn't work
i have even tried with 3 bundles , still the same.

What is the recipe to craft Impaled Skull ?

Appreciated.

I can't review them because you're using a different Warcraft 3 version.

Last edited:
Level 4
Here i found out what had cause this happen during game.

When survivor die, pet bring corpse and put into tent (Night),
Day just turn to Night (Cant revive yet), so i decide to put back to pet for moving around to explore other allies base, then game crash after i put survivor corpse into pet. (No replay due to crash & It just happen once , i never try 2nd time)

Hope you could fix it.

BTW, can we have hotkey for Hammer as Z for crafting menu and Q for crafting icon ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Guys, is there a guide for this map? There are some other recipes I can't find. Like the knife for example (not the skinning). Please reply a link as to where I can read one. Thanks.