• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II Demo

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
*updated to v1.2*

Version 1.2 is finally out! Tides of Frozen Darkness has also teamed up with WC 2 1/2 TC.

READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING

A few notes about the demo before you continue and download.

For the best play experience, please turn off music (Ctrl+M) before entering the campaign and re-enable it after loading the introduction. There are 4 maps in the campaign; 3 which are playable, 1 is a cinematic. This demo is for the Humans.

The beginning of the intro cinematic is slightly broken and is being worked on (the rest is fine). The problem was deemed small enough to not damage the cinematic and once it is fixed, the demo will be updated. Sorry!

The current oil system for Mission Three is a placeholder while an oil system accurate to Warcraft 2 is worked on. The Oil Platform must be built on the squares of shallow water found throughout the map. Oil Tankers cannot collect any oil.

Warcraft: Tides of Frozen Chaos is a conversion of Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3. Units, terrain, spells, sounds and interface have been changed to replicate those found in Warcraft 2 for as much immersion as possible. Players must note that this is a demo, and more than that a test-run Beta. Feedback is welcome and appreciated. Any bugs, typo's or misc. errors (such as a wrong icon for a unit) should be reported via the thread, or by PM. A special thank you to my girlfriend for creating the loading screens and preview images! <3

Players will struggle from the very beginnings of base building to the naval incursions near Southshore in this epic tale of heroism and valor. Enjoy the demo!

~Features~

New combat and build system.
New interface (WIP) and sound system.
*Brand new soundtracks!*
New models.
Oil resource system (WIP).
Naval combat.

All of the models and sounds used to create this campaign were created by the following people. All thanks and credits go to them.

Red XIII
TheSecretArts
AnemicRoyalty
Mc!
Scars of Conflict resource pack
Holy_Humane
Tranquil
Sunchips
Kitabatake
Mechanical Man
Mephestrial
Blizzard
warner (for his outstanding music)

v1.2: Intro can now be skipped by pressing the Esc key.
Fixed a few bugs.
Completely redone terrain.
Moved around sounds for lower file size/added new sounds.
*Brand new soundtrack!*
Orc Guard Tower attack speed increased from .60 to 1.40.
New models.

v1.1: Fixed numerous bugs and errors.
Moved the gold mines in Hillsbrad and Tarren Mill closer to the Town Hall.
Fixed Grunt acquisition range and unit sight.
Selection sizes adjusted.
Fixed triggers on Mission One and Two.

v1.0: Initial release.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-2-1-2-tc-184172/

Keywords:
Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft II, Warcraft Tides of Frozen Chaos, Tides of Darkness
Contents

Warcraft II Demo (Campaign)

Reviews
12:36, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 9
Seems like someone Crossed the Border before us well
good to see one is actually playable, downloading.

It won't let me upload screenshots on here for some reason. I'll keep trying. The only screenshots available for now are in the thread in the Map Development section.

as far as my knowledge goes you upload image to some other site like imageshacks and then use these babies [*IMG][*/IMG] ( with out * ofc )

Level 31
APproject's review about Warcraft II Demo v1.0

I rate this resource by 2/5 and I suggest it to stay pending for now, due to lack of work poured into this resource.

1. Description at The Hiveworkshop is not really good, infact, it is bad. Not because it has no colors or something like that, it is bad, because it tells basically nothing about the campiagn, except stuff like how to do *this* and *that*. I want to read the story about it, I want to read full description which would create the right atmosphere before the game. And now, all I know about it, is that this is an immitation of Warcraft 2 and it is demo, nothing else.
2. Introduction - Warcraft II:
2.1. A loading screen perhaps? I heard your girlfriend is good at it.
2.2. I see the edge of the map. It looks bad and ugly, especially in the cinematic, it would be nice if you hide it by expanding the fields or hiding at least with a fog. Take a look at Screenshot 1.
28093741.jpg

2.3. Environment art wasn't really realistic or well done. It would be good to see more doodads, because there were too much of empty corners. But it is acceptable, for now.
2.4. Since you zoom the camera so close to the textures, graphics looks really bad quality, it would be good if you could zoom out a bit, just for the better look.
3. Mission One - Hillsbrad:
3.01. First of all, this Peasant unit has no DISBTN icon, only BTN one. Take a look below.
Screenshot 2.
76222203.jpg

3.02. I find the Gold Mine quite too far, plus it was under the fog of war, so in my opinion it should be visible at start and a bit closer to the Town Hall. With this, misunderstands would be avoided.
3.03. Please hide the edge of map, it looks ugly, since map is small sized and every corner ir boundered by the edge.
3.04. Environment art is quite plain. I believe you have tried to immitate the environemt from Warcraft 2, but this is Warcraft 3, so I believe this part of game could be done way better.
3.05. Footman have its attacking range a bit too big. It attacks Grunt far enough not to touch him with sword, this looks weird and unlogical.
3.06. Town Hall have too big selection scale.
3.07. Barracks have no Ground Textures, like the rest of buildings.
3.08. There is an issue with Ground texturing of Farm. Seems like model itself have the textures already, but there is another set aswell, this makes some unpleasant views like this, take a look at third screenshot below.
29634526.jpg

3.09. As you have seen the screenshot, I have five Farms built, sixth was already built, and two Barracks. Why game didn't end if I have completed the Objectives? I also tried to use cheats to win after I realised there is no other way, but it didnt work, so I couldn't pass this map.
When I restarted the map, I realised that if you build more than 3 farms, you cannot win. I built 4 farms, as I was asked for and a Barracks, I couldnt win, because there were 5 farms, one was already built, but Objectives asks to build 4, meaning it has to be 5 farms in total. Same problem with barracks, I build two barracks at start and I shall never end this map. Meaning it is easy to stack in this map, due to poor quality of triggers.
3.10. I believe you should change the Icon of Peasants there, take a look at fourth screenshot below.
55527641.jpg

3.11. When I closed the map, and Started this Mission One - Hillsbrad again, Loading screen was the same as Campaign's background from which I was directed to this game, via campaign buttons.
4. Mission Two - Ambush at TarrenMill:
4.1. Same problem with this mission, starting from Campaign background, its backround is being set as Leading Screen of next mission.
4.2. I noticed that Peasants have its DISBTN in next mission, meaning you import same materials into each map. You should import it into Campaign itself, not into every map.
4.3. Environment, not surprising, wasn't good again, as I said earlier, it could be improved, since it is way too plain.
4.4. Town Hall with too big selection scale again.
4.5. I really don't like the requirements for the buildable units and structures. It is big, and gold resources are low. Why to add an additional zero to all requirements if it would be fine to set it last zero lower cost? Especially when you don't raise gold source in Gold Mines.
4.6. I found Gold Mine located too far away again.. Eh, I shall not repeat meself again, this is the last repeat.
4.7. Orc wall have too small selection scale.
4.8. Look what happens when few Elven Archers steps on the Circle of Power, ok, more than few. Take a look at fifth screenshot below.
To prevent this, turn off the trigger once Archer steps on it.
95824979.jpg

5. Mission Three - Southshore:
5.1. Oil Tanker do not have its DISBTN icon. Take a look at screenshot below.
Screenshot 6.
67759582.jpg

5.2. Environment wasn't astonishing again.
5.3. Oil Tanker obviously have too big selection scale rate.
5.4. Human Oil Platform have too big selection scale rate aswell.
5.5. Oil Tanker have its shadow set wrongly, more like it is exactly the same as Elven Destroyer's one. Take a look below.
Screenshot 7.
99278855.jpg

5.6. I beleive those small islands for Platforms should contain some kind of special effect, as like big shadow behind an Orc Platform. You see, oil appears there not because Platform is built, it appears because it is there and in Warcraft 2 it is visible darkened water.
6. Teaser - Teaser:
6.1. Loading screen perhaps?
6.2. How about Fading In at the beginning? It would give the smoothness.
6.3. Why at the end I saw victory window and all these boards? Take a look below.
16889120.jpg

6.4. Orc wasn't igniting it, was he? Because all he did was standing and doing basically nothing. Try to use some animations to give realistic atmosphere.

Conclusion:
Generally, a great work have been poured into sounds, thats all.. Game itself wasn't actually thrilling or exciting, too simple and too quick to finish, I guess this is because you tried to immitate Warcraft 2 as good as you can. In my opinion this is not worth time downloading it, comparing its gameplay and map size.
I am here not to bash you, but to help you improve your resource.

Level 3
i rate this resource by 2/5 and i suggest it to stay pending for now, due to lack of work poured into this resource.

1. Description at the hiveworkshop is not really good, infact, it is bad. Not because it has no colors or something like that, it is bad, because it tells basically nothing about the campiagn, except stuff like how to do *this* and *that*. I want to read the story about it, i want to read full description which would create the right atmosphere before the game. And now, all i know about it, is that this is an immitation of warcraft 2 and it is demo, nothing else.
2. Introduction - warcraft ii:
2.2. I see the edge of the map. It looks bad and ugly, especially in the cinematic, it would be nice if you hide it by expanding the fields or hiding at least with a fog. Take a look at screenshot 1.
28093741.jpg

2.3. Environment art wasn't really realistic or well done. It would be good to see more doodads, because there were too much of empty corners. But it is acceptable, for now.
2.4. Since you zoom the camera so close to the textures, graphics looks really bad quality, it would be good if you could zoom out a bit, just for the better look.
3. Mission one - hillsbrad:
3.01. First of all, this peasant unit has no disbtn icon, only btn one. Take a look below.
screenshot 2.
76222203.jpg

3.02. I find the gold mine quite too far, plus it was under the fog of war, so in my opinion it should be visible at start and a bit closer to the town hall. With this, misunderstands would be avoided.
3.03. Please hide the edge of map, it looks ugly, since map is small sized and every corner ir boundered by the edge.
3.04. Environment art is quite plain. I believe you have tried to immitate the environemt from warcraft 2, but this is warcraft 3, so i believe this part of game could be done way better.
3.05. Footman have its attacking range a bit too big. It attacks grunt far enough not to touch him with sword, this looks weird and unlogical.
3.06. Town hall have too big selection scale.
3.07. Barracks have no ground textures, like the rest of buildings.
3.08. There is an issue with ground texturing of farm. Seems like model itself have the textures already, but there is another set aswell, this makes some unpleasant views like this, take a look at third screenshot below.
29634526.jpg

3.09. As you have seen the screenshot, i have five farms built, sixth was already built, and two barracks. Why game didn't end if i have completed the objectives? I also tried to use cheats to win after i realised there is no other way, but it didnt work, so i couldn't pass this map.
When i restarted the map, i realised that if you build more than 3 farms, you cannot win. I built 4 farms, as i was asked for and a barracks, i couldnt win, because there were 5 farms, one was already built, but objectives asks to build 4, meaning it has to be 5 farms in total. Same problem with barracks, i build two barracks at start and i shall never end this map. Meaning it is easy to stack in this map, due to poor quality of triggers.
3.10. I believe you should change the icon of peasants there, take a look at fourth screenshot below.
55527641.jpg

3.11. When i closed the map, and started this mission one - hillsbrad again, loading screen was the same as campaign's background from which i was directed to this game, via campaign buttons.
4. Mission two - ambush at tarrenmill:
4.1. Same problem with this mission, starting from campaign background, its backround is being set as leading screen of next mission.
4.2. I noticed that peasants have its disbtn in next mission, meaning you import same materials into each map. You should import it into campaign itself, not into every map.
4.3. Environment, not surprising, wasn't good again, as i said earlier, it could be improved, since it is way too plain.
4.4. Town hall with too big selection scale again.
4.5. I really don't like the requirements for the buildable units and structures. It is big, and gold resources are low. Why to add an additional zero to all requirements if it would be fine to set it last zero lower cost? Especially when you don't raise gold source in gold mines.
4.6. I found gold mine located too far away again.. Eh, i shall not repeat meself again, this is the last repeat.
4.8. Look what happens when few elven archers steps on the circle of power, ok, more than few. Take a look at fifth screenshot below.
To prevent this, turn off the trigger once archer steps on it.
95824979.jpg

5. Mission three - southshore:
5.1. oil tanker do not have its disbtn icon. Take a look at screenshot below.
screenshot 6.
67759582.jpg

5.3. oil tanker obviously have too big selection scale rate.
5.4. Human oil platform have too big selection scale rate aswell.
5.5. oil tanker have its shadow set wrongly, more like it is exactly the same as elven destroyer's one. Take a look below.
screenshot 7.
99278855.jpg

5.6. I beleive those small islands for platforms should contain some kind of special effect, as like big shadow behind an orc platform. You see, oil appears there not because platform is built, it appears because it is there and in warcraft 2 it is visible darkened water.
6. Teaser - teaser:
6.2. How about fading in at the beginning? It would give the smoothness.
6.3. Why at the end i saw victory window and all these boards? Take a look below.
16889120.jpg

6.4. Orc wasn't igniting it, was he? Because all he did was standing and doing basically nothing. Try to use some animations to give realistic atmosphere.

conclusion:
generally, a great work have been poured into sounds, thats all.. Game itself wasn't actually thrilling or exciting, too simple and too quick to finish, i guess this is because you tried to immitate warcraft 2 as good as you can. In my opinion this is not worth time downloading it, comparing its gameplay and map size.
I am here not to bash you, but to help you improve your resource.

o_o :d

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 9
I rate this resource by 2/5 and I suggest it to stay pending for now, due to lack of work poured into this resource.

1. Description at The Hiveworkshop is not really good, infact, it is bad. Not because it has no colors or something like that, it is bad, because it tells basically nothing about the campiagn, except stuff like how to do *this* and *that*. I want to read the story about it, I want to read full description which would create the right atmosphere before the game. And now, all I know about it, is that this is an immitation of Warcraft 2 and it is demo, nothing else.
2. Introduction - Warcraft II:
2.2. I see the edge of the map. It looks bad and ugly, especially in the cinematic, it would be nice if you hide it by expanding the fields or hiding at least with a fog. Take a look at Screenshot 1.
28093741.jpg

3. Mission One - Hillsbrad:
3.01. First of all, this Peasant unit has no DISBTN icon, only BTN one. Take a look below.
Screenshot 2.
76222203.jpg

3.02. I find the Gold Mine quite too far, plus it was under the fog of war, so in my opinion it should be visible at start and a bit closer to the Town Hall. With this, misunderstands would be avoided.
3.04. Environment art is quite plain. I believe you have tried to immitate the environemt from Warcraft 2, but this is Warcraft 3, so I believe this part of game could be done way better.
3.05. Footman have its attacking range a bit too big. It attacks Grunt far enough not to touch him with sword, this looks weird and unlogical.
3.06. Town Hall have too big selection scale.
3.07. Barracks have no Ground Textures, like the rest of buildings.
3.08. There is an issue with Ground texturing of Farm. Seems like model itself have the textures already, but there is another set aswell, this makes some unpleasant views like this, take a look at third screenshot below.
29634526.jpg

3.09. As you have seen the screenshot, I have five Farms built, sixth was already built, and two Barracks. Why game didn't end if I have completed the Objectives? I also tried to use cheats to win after I realised there is no other way, but it didnt work, so I couldn't pass this map.
When I restarted the map, I realised that if you build more than 3 farms, you cannot win. I built 4 farms, as I was asked for and a Barracks, I couldnt win, because there were 5 farms, one was already built, but Objectives asks to build 4, meaning it has to be 5 farms in total. Same problem with barracks, I build two barracks at start and I shall never end this map. Meaning it is easy to stack in this map, due to poor quality of triggers.
3.10. I believe you should change the Icon of Peasants there, take a look at fourth screenshot below.
55527641.jpg

3.11. When I closed the map, and Started this Mission One - Hillsbrad again, Loading screen was the same as Campaign's background from which I was directed to this game, via campaign buttons.
4. Mission Two - Ambush at TarrenMill:
4.1. Same problem with this mission, starting from Campaign background, its backround is being set as Leading Screen of next mission.
4.2. I noticed that Peasants have its DISBTN in next mission, meaning you import same materials into each map. You should import it into Campaign itself, not into every map.
4.3. Environment, not surprising, wasn't good again, as I said earlier, it could be improved, since it is way too plain.
4.4. Town Hall with too big selection scale again.
4.5. I really don't like the requirements for the buildable units and structures. It is big, and gold resources are low. Why to add an additional zero to all requirements if it would be fine to set it last zero lower cost? Especially when you don't raise gold source in Gold Mines.
4.6. I found Gold Mine located too far away again.. Eh, I shall not repeat meself again, this is the last repeat.
4.8. Look what happens when few Elven Archers steps on the Circle of Power, ok, more than few. Take a look at fifth screenshot below.
To prevent this, turn off the trigger once Archer steps on it.
95824979.jpg

5. Mission Three - Southshore:
5.1. Oil Tanker do not have its DISBTN icon. Take a look at screenshot below.
Screenshot 6.
67759582.jpg

5.3. Oil Tanker obviously have too big selection scale rate.
5.4. Human Oil Platform have too big selection scale rate aswell.
5.5. Oil Tanker have its shadow set wrongly, more like it is exactly the same as Elven Destroyer's one. Take a look below.
Screenshot 7.
99278855.jpg

5.6. I beleive those small islands for Platforms should contain some kind of special effect, as like big shadow behind an Orc Platform. You see, oil appears there not because Platform is built, it appears because it is there and in Warcraft 2 it is visible darkened water.
6. Teaser - Teaser:
6.2. How about Fading In at the beginning? It would give the smoothness.
6.3. Why at the end I saw victory window and all these boards? Take a look below.
16889120.jpg

Conclusion:
Generally, a great work have been poured into sounds, thats all.. Game itself wasn't actually thrilling or exciting, too simple and too quick to finish, I guess this is because you tried to immitate Warcraft 2 as good as you can. In my opinion this is not worth time downloading it, comparing its gameplay and map size.
I am here not to bash you, but to help you improve your resource.[/quote]

Thank you for this well thought out and in-depth review of the demo. Most of the problems you pointed out have been addressed and are fixed in v1.1. Give it a try and point out any other issues? :p +rep for the post.

I know you're not here to bash me; infact, this is exactly what I want. Many of those issues went unnoticed by myself and I can see how it made the demo...not good. On to a few of your points:

The loading screen issue is being looked into. I think the problem is, all the loading screens are in .tga format. The campaign screen is overriding the map load screens, so I probably just have to change the menu screen to .blp. If I can get it working..

The victory conditions for Hillsbrad have been changed, going from "Equal To 4/1" to "Greater than or Equal To". This problem should no longer occur. Victory conditions for Tarren Mill have been also changed, and the Elves will no longer report your mission has been completed 6 times, along with the deafening tone.

The gold mine in Hillsbrad and Tarren Mill are where they originally are in WC2. Due to the altered sights for units and buildings, it was hidden behind the fog of war (as you pointed out). I changed this by moving them closer to the Town Hall, so they're no longer out of sight.

Thank you for pointing out the Grunt's failure in Hillsbrad to combat his Human foes. His data was 200 points lower than his counterpart. You will be happy to know that he will now smash his foes in the name of the Horde before being attacked first.

Giving the Barracks a ground texture is a little difficult. Because of the model, no ground texture really matches with it. I picked the closest one though, so we'll see how it plays out. And as for the Farm, yes! The model has its own texture, and unless the modeler gets rid of it himself or I find a way to get rid of it, there's nothing I can do. The texture will only appear when placing the building on high or uneven ground, and since a completely flat terrain would look both unrealistic and ugly....

Speaking of which, terrain: The terrain isn't "astonishing", and unless someone does it for me it's not going to be "astonishing". However this isn't to say it's going to stay the way it is; a crappy, bland product. The terrain will get better, especially with the summer and wasteland missions (winter is dull and bland, after all) and I don't think anyone will be disappointed by it. I'm by no means a pro terrainer though, so it isn't going to be of high quality like some maps out there on the Hive. It's more of an improvement now than it was in the Alpha though, I'll tell you that much ;)

Prices and requirements, such as on Tarren Mill, are at WC2 levels and they'll stay that way. This is, after all, a conversion and it wouldn't make sense to call it a WC2 campaign if prices and build requirements were lowered.

A special effect for the platform would be nice, but the problem is that there isn't one that would match. The shadow present on the Orc platform came with the model, so there's nothing I can do about it. I'll see if I have any alternatives, including making a new model myself.

:thumbs_up: for the review. Demo has been updated to v1.1

Level 31
And as for the Farm, yes! The model has its own texture, and unless the modeler gets rid of it himself or I find a way to get rid of it, there's nothing I can do. The texture will only appear when placing the building on high or uneven ground, and since a completely flat terrain would look both unrealistic and ugly....
Hmm, in this case, you could (I would) set Ground Texture to NONE and leave it like that. Maybe it won't look good, but in my opinion better than half Ground Texture and another half is model texture. It is up to you to decide.
Speaking of which, terrain: The terrain isn't "astonishing", and unless someone does it for me it's not going to be "astonishing". However this isn't to say it's going to stay the way it is; a crappy, bland product. The terrain will get better, especially with the summer and wasteland missions (winter is dull and bland, after all) and I don't think anyone will be disappointed by it. I'm by no means a pro terrainer though, so it isn't going to be of high quality like some maps out there on the Hive.
Well, I liked the map parts where I saw bushes, rocks and some *lamps* in a spot. And every time I saw it, I wanted more of it. You really could add more doodads to the fields, not to make it so empty. Especially when maps are small sized, meaning pouring some effort will not be exhausting.
A special effect for the platform would be nice, but the problem is that there isn't one that would match. The shadow present on the Orc platform came with the model, so there's nothing I can do about it. I'll see if I have any alternatives, including making a new model myself.
Let me see.. I believe this is what you are looking for. I think this would be satisfying to put on those small islands to give that dark glowing, as like in Warcraft 2.
for the review. Demo has been updated to v1.1
I'm gald to see you appreciated my review and didn't go berserker just because I found something bad in it. According to you, it's been updated, meaning my rating raises to 3/5. Not more for now, since there is a still room for improvement.

Level 9
Hmm, in this case, you could (I would) set Ground Texture to NONE and leave it like that. Maybe it won't look good, but in my opinion better than half Ground Texture and another half is model texture. It is up to you to decide.

That's what I did originally. :D

Well, I liked the map parts where I saw bushes, rocks and some *lamps* in a spot. And every time I saw it, I wanted more of it. You really could add more doodads to the fields, not to make it so empty. Especially when maps are small sized, meaning pouring some effort will not be exhausting.

And I will. I'm not bad at terraining, but I'm not good either. Nevertheless, I'll be working on the terrain and it should look much more improved by the next major update. Thank you for the special effect, btw. I will test it and if it works, I'll add it and give you credit along with the modeler.

I'm gald to see you appreciated my review and didn't go berserker just because I found something bad in it. According to you, it's been updated, meaning my rating raises to 3/5. Not more for now, since there is a still room for improvement.

Of course, I want these kind of reviews lol. There's no way you can improve if everyone gives you sunshine and rainbows and no constructive criticism. We'll see as the project gets closer to completion ;)

Level 1
Good work here! Missions were quite simple and terrain could be improved a lot, but it has the ground for a great campaign. I love the First and Second War period, and encourage you to carry on the work!

Level 9
Good work here! Missions were quite simple and terrain could be improved a lot, but it has the ground for a great campaign. I love the First and Second War period, and encourage you to carry on the work!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, the terrain is the main thing lacking right now but I'm going through a complete work-through for it. By the time of the next update (a few days, maybe a week at the most), the terrain will look completely different from how it is now. I'm also adding a new feature to make the game more "realistic".

TDA

TDA

Level 4
It seems to me, you did your best to keep as much of the old and decrepit look.

This shood be a good thing... but I'm very very sorry to tell you, that because of this, it all looks second hand to me.

I'm not saing you shood change it, but I was looking forward to a better version of what Blizzard first did, not a compleete imitation in wich you just added a 3rd Dimenion :peek:

I'd Like to see maps that are well tought out, and put in paractice.

Your teraining reminds me of my own, just 6 months ago.
I have come a long way since, and I'm gonna help you with this

Now everybody here told you more Doodads, and ohh how right they are.
Every well placed doodad you add in an image, doubles the look qualitiy of the map.
(Careful, you don't want to put a hundred of one Doodad in one location)
You need variety and you need to look at the enviroment section of all the
Map tipes and load up on those, cause rock's and plants are what make your map look more natural (I prefer Shrub, Rocks, and Rock Spikes)

But there's something they've compleetly left out.
You need rafined hills (Large and Nocteceble but not cornery), and more then 2 tiles in your tileset (I sweare that all you used in the first 2 maps are snow and ice)

Now I know there ware no hills in Warcraft II, but that's not because Blizzard didn't want them, but they just couldent have them. And you can!
(Be careful, When I say "Hills" I don't mean Clifs)

I tend to do my teraining looking from all Kinds of perspectives.
If it looks good from ground level, it looks grate from helicopter view (Original view) and if it looks grate from ground level, then it actualy looks outstanding for the player.

Make shores: You might not know this, but if you put deap water somewhere, and then rase the cliff level so the water is not there anymore, the water is still there.(Careful, not to use undo to rase the cliff level, it is pointless that way)
Use the "Lower" button on the Treaining Pallate, to lower the shore into the water, and then you won't have a cliff shore anymore, but instead a more natural looking shore. Before you do any of this, you must go to advanced meniu and uncheck the box that says "Enforce water hight levels"
You will have to be careful, not to let any ovious water edges show, and you can let some cliff shores be the way they are, so you allso have variety

I found that the game can only be played one way (I mean I have no options for my gameplay) If everybody is gonna be plaing the same way every time, then what's the point
This advice is not inkeeping with the old Warcraft II, due to the fact that it was just as borring and optionless, but Originality shood matter more then that, if you ask me.

I couldent get past the second map, and after my tird try I realised that
If I actualy did get past it it would be luck and not skill
I like it when I can't win the way I usualy play... It makes me need to think of new ways of playing, but here there aren't any.
All you can do, is update arrows, or go attacking with the villigers...
Two options just ain't enough, enspecialy if needer dose the trick.

Level 14
Played it and thought it was good, but here are some suggestion you should take into consideration and bugs:

The third map can be completed simply by camping at the start and make a shipyard, then make 4 Oil Platforms withought finishing them!Fix this and make this be complete in order to finish the mission.

Give the third map a mission to destroy the enemy isle, just to give the game a reason to provide you with soldiers.

Make the mine at the first map have more supplies, well not needed but it would make the 1st mission end easily. :p

Why allow the oil platform be built on terrain?Make it be built only on the dots at the sea, though it requires triggering, if i wanted, i could just place 4 unbuilt platforms at the shore and tada mission complete.

Add more orcs at the 2nd and 3rd map?

Well, all i could think of ATM, i'd like to see this get better :D

i'll give it 3 thumbs and i'll keep following it :D

Level 9
Played it and thought it was good, but here are some suggestion you should take into consideration and bugs:

The third map can be completed simply by camping at the start and make a shipyard, then make 4 Oil Platforms withought finishing them!Fix this and make this be complete in order to finish the mission.

Give the third map a mission to destroy the enemy isle, just to give the game a reason to provide you with soldiers.

Make the mine at the first map have more supplies, well not needed but it would make the 1st mission end easily. :p

Why allow the oil platform be built on terrain?Make it be built only on the dots at the sea, though it requires triggering, if i wanted, i could just place 4 unbuilt platforms at the shore and tada mission complete.

Add more orcs at the 2nd and 3rd map?

Well, all i could think of ATM, i'd like to see this get better :D

i'll give it 3 thumbs and i'll keep following it :D

Yes, I know about the building bug. Which is why I (finally) went ahead and used variables for the quests. The bug no longer happens, but the demo hasn't been upgraded with this change, nor will it be.

All missions, units, costs, resource returns, etc etc...are equal to Warcraft 2 levels and will stay that way unless we decide to change our minds on it (although I messed up on map 3 and forgot to change the gold amounts. Woops lol). As for the "build on the shore", odd. When I playtested with the new terrain, I never got the option to build it on the shore; only on the shallow patches at sea. It's alright though, because it's just a temporary placeholder while we create an oil system (I've been messing with a few ideas).

We've got some very interesting ideas and features that'll be implemented, so I hope you stick around :p

Level 14
Yes, I know about the building bug. Which is why I (finally) went ahead and used variables for the quests. The bug no longer happens, but the demo hasn't been upgraded with this change, nor will it be.

All missions, units, costs, resource returns, etc etc...are equal to Warcraft 2 levels and will stay that way unless we decide to change our minds on it (although I messed up on map 3 and forgot to change the gold amounts. Woops lol). As for the "build on the shore", odd. When I playtested with the new terrain, I never got the option to build it on the shore; only on the shallow patches at sea. It's alright though, because it's just a temporary placeholder while we create an oil system (I've been messing with a few ideas).

We've got some very interesting ideas and features that'll be implemented, so I hope you stick around :p

Well, yeah it's almost indentical to Warcraft 2 and i remember the missions :p
but as it is now it's just too easy (like warcraft 2 i could rush the missions)
Will you add a difficulty option? :p

Level 9
Well, yeah it's almost indentical to Warcraft 2 and i remember the missions :p
but as it is now it's just too easy (like warcraft 2 i could rush the missions)
Will you add a difficulty option? :p

It's too early to say for sure, but yes, I'd love to add difficulty options for those who don't get enough of a challenge out of it. I'm set on how I want to do it, so it should be interesting to say the least. And while it's "identical" to Warcraft 2; it is and it isn't. We're planning a lot of things to make it a more improved version of Warcraft 2, instead of just "look at us and our generic carbon copy".