• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft : Humans

As the name says, this is a pure remake of what the glorious Warcraft: Orcs & Humans used to be and is. For all of those who would like to play back Wc1 with the style, the graphic and the interface of Wc3.

Features:
- Dual Single Player campaign: Play as Orcs or Humans and unveil their respective plots in 12 missions of real old Warcraft atmosphere.
- Old original warcraft music brought back and plaid stage by stage as the original soundtrack order was set.
- Old spells recreated. From the Necrolytes' "Unholy Armor" to the knee-dropping Warlocks' "Cloud of Poison".
- Accurate remake of the old levels' geography. Every single corner of all maps has been pasted to the wc3 engine!
- Artificial Intelligence perfectly re-created comparing the old ones. You'll incredibly feel exactly like playing against the original AI!
- All old units recreated. Raiders, "imba" catapults, Spearmen, summoned units and more!!
- Every units' stats same as how they were in the old game: from the "Crystal-fragility" of the Skeletons to the "Tank-resistance" of the Daemons.
- Intro briefings displayed as in-mission cinematics that will display a brief preview of your forces and some of the enemy.
- New plot explanations. Indoor stages have the addition of a longer intro-briefing displaying interesting(non-canon) chat between characters. Also, hit the "mission objective" button in each mission to read more curiosities about the storyline.

ok ladies and gentlemen, i'm happy to announce, after almost 6 years from the release, the big
UPDATE

CHANGE LOG

GENERAL:

- Both campaigns now lighter: 88,7 MB together against the previous ones' 120+ MB
- Fixed the campaign buttons not showing after completing each mission WITHOUT CHEATS! Thanks and sorry to all the (honest)players who reported.
- Fixed a bug that caused Summon Spiders/Scorpions to Summon Daemons/Elementals instead
- Fixed a bug which didn't let the player win and move to the ending after completing the last map in both campaigns.
- Fixed the AI Raise Dead spell, now working.

GAMEPLAY:

- Units selection limit(4) restored to normal(12), by popular demand.
- Just like in the original wc1, a voice will inform the player about enemies approaching the base
- Walls now buildable from the Town Hall; system created by Mechanical Man.
- Fixed(by Mechanical Man) a bug which "teleported underground" a worker unit when denied to build too far from the base.
- Revised and changed ALL UNITS' hit-points, armor and damage(original wc1 stats data and game mechanic studied and deeply explained by Clownboss here This game is so old it's not funny. - Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Message Board for PC - Page 2 - GameFAQs)
Now, because wc3 can't really handle the system explained in the link, i had to change stats repeatedly, test and tweak around. You'll see units with incredibly high gap of difference in armor, but still loyal to the old game. Also, because of the fact(as you can read in the link above) that every wc1 unit had a 20% chance of missing their target, i had to give every unit a 20% evasion ability called "Fortitude".

AESTHETIC:

- Swapped the "swampy" maps tileset from Lordaeron Fall to Dalaran Ruins.
- With the exception of buildings, the whole game interface is now entirely customized with Wc1 icons(units, unit commands, spells, etc), created by myself.
- All intro and outro cinematics adjusted and improved.
- All briefing cinematics are now voiced by Bill Roper sounds(as in the CD version of wc1)
- Removed Ferris/Trespus and Zeke/Shivat from briefings and replaced with nameless Grunt/Paladin
- Forced both humans and orcs victory screens to their RoC versions.
- Revised and corrected ALL tooltips and extra dialogues in the game.
- New(and much much lighter) loading screens for every mission, created by me using artworks by Samwise from the wc1 manual, plus few others.
- New loading screens for all intros/endings and for campaigns' main screen.
- New models for:
Humans:
Archer(kitabatake), Knight(loktar), Catapult(AndrewOverload519), Conjurer(loktar), Cleric(retextured from DoC by loktar), Barracks(retextured from DoC by loktar), Mill(retextured from DoC by loktar), Stable(Mike), Blacksmith(retextured from DoC by loktar), Church(Ket), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Orcs:
Spearman(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Necrolyte(by kam), Warlock(Loktar), Blacksmith(REDXIII), Temple(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Barracks(retextured from DoC by Loktar), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Neutrals & Others:
Fire Elemental(Alfredx_sotn), Skeleton(HerrDave), LogBridge(Mephestrial), Bandit Crossbowman(Wandering Soul), plus another model from Deolrin which i'm not telling because.....spoilers. ;)

Now I guess it's time for the most important part, the main event, the new

HARD MODE

Every map in the game now has a Dialogue Box system(created by 3ICE) that allows you to choose between NORMAL and HARD mode.
WHAT DOES THE HARD MODE DO:
The hard mode drastically modifies the whole game.
All missions have transitions between day and night.
When playing as humans, orcs will strike with more aggressiveness during the night, while the opposite happens when playing as orcs.
Don't relax even when playing the first missions, as the Hard mode will render them more difficult(and interesting) to play!
Completing a map in Hard Mode will unlock the Hard Mode level for the next one.
In addition(finally we're here), the Hard mode will unlock new BONUS OBJECTIVES in each map. Completing a bonus objective will unlock a new ability for a specific unit which will carry-over the rest of the campaign(only in Hard Mode). Completing ALL of the Bonus Objectives will unlock a special objective in the last map(Blackrock Spire/Stormwind Keep), which, if accomplished, will unlock a secret intro which will lead to 2 bonus maps(for each campaign) and a bonus finale at their completion.
The bonus maps are sub-plot missions following the aftermath of the first war for both Lothar and Garona.

Project is now on
PATCH v2.8

Ver2.8 CHANGE LOG:

- Under permission of @loktar , i'm using his Wc1 models to enrich the remake. Unfortunately not all of the models have been remade yet. The missing ones are the Kennel and the orc Blacksmith.
The renewed models include all human and orc structures, Grunts, Raiders, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Necrolytes(+attack and Dark Vision effect), Clerics' Holy Lance attacks effect, Conjurers, Scorpions and more.
- To celebrate the 10 years of this project, both Orcs & Humans secret campaigns will be unlocked from the beginning!
- New Hint messages will be displayed during Orc secret map 1 for the player to better understand how to exploit the "allegiance" mechanic, and to quickly acknowledge Garona's new abilities. Same will go for Lothar's secret map 1.
- Conjurer's Comet Strike attack effect has been changed into "howl", so any enemy unit struck will suffer a brief penalty to their attack damage. This ability may work or may not, but as before, who's relying on Conjurer for base defense or attack, anyway?
- Clerics/Necrolytes attack range reduced from 200 to 150, but upgrade from Bonus Objective will now increase their range by +150 instead of +100.
- AI attack waves in most maps were too short in Hard mode and too long in Normal mode. A rebalancement has been made.
- Human secret map 1 will also go through some changes:
First off, autocast function for Cleric Healing spell has been disabled here. Now, as in the previous version of the map, the player is forced to manage his gold on a limited amount of upgrades. In v2.8, this management will carry over to the next map. Furthermore, if you manage to let the Conjurer survive the first map, he will come with you in the second map. Also, if you decided to research the Rain of Fire for him in the previous map, the research will carry over to the next map as well. Any research that has NOT been made in the first map will NOT be available in the second map.
- Fire & Water Elementals, Spiders & Scorpions will now have all Chaos attacks(only get a 1.20 damage ratio over Large Armor type).
- Reworked bonus objective dynamic for human map 9: now losing Catapults or Scorpions to enemy Catapult attacks will not cause the secret objective to fail.
- Fixed some cinematic issues
- Several building sizes and ground textures reworked, in order to accomodate new models.
- Catapults damage has been reworked: now the Catapult will inflict its full damage on direct hit, while 60% of damage will spill in the surrounding area, in a cluster radius of 9 units like warcraft 1 & 2.
In this way only the heaviest units(such as Knights/Raiders, tier 2 summons and other Catapults) will survive the splash damage. This should also prevent Knights/Raiders from getting killed by a quick-lob glitch caused by Catapults firing right at the edge of their minimum attack range.
A mention has to be made towards the damage mitigation system in Warcraft 3, which works on percentage absorption rather than nullifying single numerical units. A Knight/Raider in this remake has a standard defence of 15, which absorbs 47% of damage. This percentage goes up by 4 for each of the two Shields upgrades, so you can guess how it further goes to inflict towards Catapult damage.
- Switched Lothar's Shield Bash ability with Shockwave: deals 50 damage over a straight line at the cost of 50 mana(like "Roar") with 10 seconds cooldown. This should also prove useful in the Human secret map 2, as the Shield Bash was only useful to snipe enemy Catapults, plus with the risk of Lothar getting stuck between obstacles due to a bug from the spell system.
- Added Donations Button down below so if you feel superkind, and think this guy here has well-spent over 10 years in creating and perfecting this remake for you to play for free, any donation would be super appreciated! :) ^^

PATCH v2.6

Ver2.6 CHANGE LOG:

- Repositioned enemy units in some maps to prevent a very little(yet possible) chance for AI units from getting stuck there while attacking in a big balled-up fashion.
- Timer for Hard mode on map 10 increased from 6 to 10 minutes.
- Starting base and tech in map 12 reduced when Final bonus objective is unlocked to give the adequate difficulty for its completion(was brain-dead easy).
- Rain of fire/cloud of poison: Damage of each wave reduced from 18 to 13, decreased number of waves from 4 to 3, decreased building resistance to the spell from 25% to 0%, increased mana cost from 28 to 30.
- Human Catapult collision side reduced. It should avoid other Catapult hits now.
- Upkeep removed
- Damage of Chaos/Magic attack type decreased from 1.30 to 1.20 on heavy armors.

PATCH v2.4

Ver2.4 CHANGE LOG:

- Clerics cooldown attack speed increased from 0.30 to 0.35
- Necrolytes cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.30 to 0.25
- Warlocks cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.70
- Conjurers cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.65
- Fixed a bug that prevented losing a bonus quest in human mission 9
- Conjurers' "Comet Strike" ability should now work normally
- Fixed building refund that was giving +25 wood everytime a Tower was placed beyond limit(both campaigns)

PATCH v2.2

Ver2.2 CHANGE LOG:

- Archer/Spearman cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.85 to 0.75
- Archer/Spearman projectile's speed increased from 2400 to 3000
- Water Elementals cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.90 to 0.75
- Water Elementals projectile's speed increased from 1400 to 2000
- Daemon cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Skeleton(both types) cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- All Cavalry and infantry melee units(spellcasters excluded) cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.60 to 0.50
- Scorpion and Spider cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Slime cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Ogre cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Fire Elemental cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.70 to 0.65
- Adjusted enemy summonings on level medium in advanced/final missions
- Enemy units training in missions 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 12 delayed and slowed down in both medium and hard modes
- Forced Catapult periodic training for AI in map 6 and 9 to accomodate Hard Mode Bonus achievement
- Fixed enemy casters waypoints in map 11
- Footmen Deflect ability set back to deflect projectiles(was disabled).
- Conjurers' Comet Strike ability has now "Storm Hammers" effects.
- Fixed Comet Strike ability that appeared as researched in some missions in Normal mode.
- Adjusted Ogres to the left side in the second part of mission 4.
- Corrected Armor Upgrade tooltip.
- Adjusted log-bridges height in swampy maps

TO PLAYERS

- Hard mode and Bonus objectives have been tested. They are working 100% and are accomplishable even without cheats; so thanks in advance to all players who will play this remake as it should be.
- Bonus objectives are easier(most of them are possibile only) if you have achieved bonus goals in previous missions, so that the abilities you carry-over may save the day.
- Please notify me of ANY bugs, and i will fix them straight away.
- DO NOT attempt to sell, distribute or whatever idea comes in your mind about this remake(expecially claiming it your own)!!!!!!
- Enjoy FOR FREE my 8 years-long work!
- PLEASE SHARE THE TRAILER!!

Remember: this project took me 8 years. My very first goal was to play it myself, then as it started to take shape I also figured I could gladly share it with the Warcraft 3 community to show them all my passion for the classic games! So, if you want to be super generous and kind, please donate. ;)
Very much appreciated! ^^

Keywords:
warcraft orcs humans remake campaign update enhanced
Contents

Warcraft : Humans (Campaign)

Reviews
17:50, 2nd May 2016 StoPCampinGn00b: This set of nostalgic missions are exactly what the description advertises - the remake of WarCraft 1 (Humans) in WarCraft 3. It's great, accurate, and innovative in its changes which won't turn people off...

M

17:50, 2nd May 2016
StoPCampinGn00b:

This set of nostalgic missions are exactly what the description advertises - the remake of WarCraft 1 (Humans) in WarCraft 3. It's great, accurate, and innovative in its changes which won't turn people off. It's not 'the' replica in WC3, but it's a full on conversion unit stats, cinematics, sounds, and all. There could be more sounds taken from the game to get the atmosphere better, such as the original reign of fire spell, though. There's plenty of file size space to spare for future add-ons.

Yeah, the gameplay could get slow especially when trying to find the last orcish stragglers to pick off, but that's how WC1 is and I find it as a non-issue for gameplay design. I personally give no shame to those who use iseedeadpeople after killing the bases :)

There are no glaring issues with the campaign nor any major bugs. The occasional misspelling or uncomfortably more difficult mission is the lowest it gets. One specific nit-pick is that normal armor has the description of medium armor, and medium armor is used in the game (Medivh).

The visuals we're decent, but also could've had a more retro look if you looked for some custom tiles, trees, or projectile effects for flash. Nothing wrong here, but could be cooler and more visual "happy".

Overall, this is a successful remake is an entertaining one and after all the work over the past few years shown in this thread, it now deserves a 4/5.

PS. Holy fucking Catapult AoE killing 6 of my bunched units! Also, get rekt Sauron.

17:59, 2nd Feb 2010
ap0calypse: Approved

Level 20
mmm never heard of that pack O_O

WHAT'S IN THIS CAMPAIGN:
You play as a regeant under the service of King Llane. After normal and common management duties your skills are quick noticed and you're put on the front against the cruelest and ruthless orcs. Conspirations, secret spies, world destructive plots and border battles will lead to the final prize: the freedom prize at Blackrock Spire!

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, I think it's a perfect idea to take scenario of WC to the WC3...
Hm, I voted 4/5!
xD, WC - it's...
Sorry for the bad english...

Level 1
No you cannot just select one unit, you can select up to 4 in wc1, that's correct.

Damn dude, I was working on exactly the same thing, included music and all :D but stopped after creating the first 3 orc levels^^

Good job, i will test it

Level 20
What's with the strange interface sounds (not enough gold, lumber, etc.) for some stuff? It's... italian!?

Yeah :D that was a bug because of the peasants that are peons in reality(just with a different model & voice) because they have to build hidden in structures like peons do. The fact is that when a mine is about to be depleted or it miss some resources, it plays the orc voice because of them! Consider it a fabric-mark though ;)

Level 20
Damn dude, I was working on exactly the same thing, included music and all :D but stopped after creating the first 3 orc levels^^

That's EXACTLY what i did 5 years ago. It made me stop the proj for at least 8 months. Then i had an idea that made me say:"I should work for Blizzard! What am i doing here!!" and the project continued for the subsequent 2 years.

Level 7
well, firstly, lord perenold, i'd like to say job well done creating those two warcraft 1 remakes, i never had the chance to play the original game.
secondly, it looks promising, downloading them both, and gonna check it out, cheers :)

Level 20
Ok, I see now why people below 1,24 can't open the maps: MAPS CRASH DUE TO FILE-SIZE LIMIT ALLOWED FOR THAT VERSION. Blizzard gave me a GREAT chance with the new version that increased the file-size limit. Hence i could add loading screens. So people should know they have to play it with the newest version!

Level 1
well i patched it and its just like warcraft 1 the game is good but i just think its too boring.

Level 20
well i patched it and its just like warcraft 1 the game is good but i just think its too boring.
Perhaps, but just think the fact that you have to change strategy with each passing stage. I mean: for the first stages you just have to spam missile troops but later on you have to micro towards catapults or even later do something for the poisoning clouds/daemons. It's not as simple as it looks ;) just like wc1 used to be.

Level 2
I must say this is one of the best campaigns in a while. But what the hell are they saying when you build something or you don't have food?

Level 20
Hummm... I have an idea.
LordPerenoldeII can you make a melee map of wc1 with all the things of the both campaigns? (Including the IAs) :grin:

You mean a multiplayer version of this remake, do you? You're late, man. That's an old idea. Both camps have now this corrupted shit i can never fix. The ai must be planned for multiplayer = no time nor motivation; all the spell-tree must be redone all over because in both camps there is a corrupted spell(much less noticeable in the hum one) = no time nor motivation. Third: I'm already working on a new proj but it won't involve remakes of any older WC. Fourth: i'm alone as 5 years ago, hence i can't determine how long it will take now to finish this: hella of days i fear(and i fear right). If there's someone who might want to share....here i am. Think about it. For now....no melee-wc1. I did this job, now i leave others like this one to other people like a certain 12yr old guy i heard of around here ^^.

Level 4
You mean a multiplayer version of this remake, do you? You're late, man. That's an old idea. Both camps have now this corrupted shit i can never fix. The ai must be planned for multiplayer = no time nor motivation; all the spell-tree must be redone all over because in both camps there is a corrupted spell(much less noticeable in the hum one) = no time nor motivation. Third: I'm already working on a new proj but it won't involve remakes of any older WC. Fourth: i'm alone as 5 years ago, hence i can't determine how long it will take now to finish this: hella of days i fear(and i fear right). If there's someone who might want to share....here i am. Think about it. For now....no melee-wc1. I did this job, now i leave others like this one to other people like a certain 12yr old guy i heard of around here ^^.

Ouch! O__O
Sorry man, I didn't know that 4 reasons xD
Don't worry be happy, I'm alone in my projects too :grin:
Bye.

Level 1
This have been aproved by me

rated as Very GOOD

9/10

a bit of a bug when you select units and there is more than four,
then when click attack while it de-selects your units, it de-selects em all and you cant do nothing and you have to restart

Level 20
This have been aproved by me

rated as Very GOOD

9/10

a bit of a bug when you select units and there is more than four,
then when click attack while it de-selects your units, it de-selects em all and you cant do nothing and you have to restart

no, i already seen 'n tried it. Just press "esc" when you get the stuck command.
I had no other ways to force the units selection to max 4 otherwise. It would be too unfair.

However, i thank you for your judgement.

Level 2
Hi, this map campaign does not work for me, i hit the start button and then it ,comes back to the main page where u select to start the map.

Level 4
First off: Great job.

But now the negative critism.
It sucks just to have been able to command four units at once. I know WC I was this way, but it sucks. But I can understand you that you want to keep the retro feeling, but I want to use the comfort options of the WC3 engine. How about letting the player choose which behaviour he wants? Just create a short option at the beginning of the campaign.

Same goes for the health bars.

For me it is just a pain playing this great campaign this way.

Level 20
First off: Great job.
Thanks

But now the negative critism.
It sucks just to have been able to command four units at once. I know WC I was this way, but it sucks.

For me it is just a pain playing this great campaign this way.

Complain to Blizzard then, not to me. Imagine how would the gameplay be if you could select 12 units at once. That means less defence/attack management, less worriness, less retro-feeling, less fun. The enemy always has a maximum of 4 units per wave of attack. You would be too overpowered compared to AI in this case. Well, except for a thing: you can still give team numbers, so you're still able to do that in some sort of way. I knew this when i started it all, don't worry, but it's better like this. Few may agree to what you say; most of the rest will agree to what I say.

P.S you hadn't health bar preview in wc1 neither. And i also forgot to add squared selection circles.

Level 4
Complain to Blizzard then, not to me. Imagine how would the gameplay be if you could select 12 units at once. That means less defence/attack management, less worriness, less retro-feeling, less fun. The enemy always has a maximum of 4 units per wave of attack. You would be too overpowered compared to AI in this case. Well, except for a thing: you can still give team numbers, so you're still able to do that in some sort of way. I knew this when i started it all, don't worry, but it's better like this. Few may agree to what you say; most of the rest will agree to what I say.

P.S you hadn't health bar preview in wc1 neither. And i also forgot to add squared selection circles.
And that's just the reason why I suggested to let the player choose which style he prefers.

THEY are the ones who are playing it - and seriously - Why shouldn't they play it with the maximum of fun? If they make the campaign too easy because of their configuration - It's their funeral!

I guess many people have different reasons to play this campaign. Some of them might want to play in the total retro style but I guess I am not the only one who just wants mainly to re-play and archieve the Warcraft I story.

What makes more fun and what not is a really personal feeling. It might be more fun to you, but for instance, it isn't for me.

I hope you get the point about which I am talking here - And that you don't get offended by this posting. It might look this way (I hope not), but I just want to give suggestions in a friendly way.

Level 20
no offence. I made this campaign as a wc1 player so, mainly, to play it by myself, not just for you players. My curiousness was how a remade wc1 would have looked like. I thought that 4 unit limit setting was fine. Everyone has his opinion. It is a bore for me too, but i can't complain to Blizzard for introducing it in its first wc.

Level 1
error when trying to load these campaigns...

I'm wondering if any of you are experiencing this. I am running win 7 64bit brand new comp and getting an error when trying to load these campaigns. it says i dont have enough memory to run it. this sounds ludicrous since i have 9gigs of ram. Any ideas on how to get this working? Looks really cool and can't wait to try it.

edit: ran in Xp compatibility mode for worldedit and the game itself still no go. Human intro works fine but screen goes black when trying to load the first mission. Orc campaign stops loading mid-way when loading up the intro.