• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Undead Onslaught V2.1.5

「The Undead Onslaught V2.1.5」
By
tydieguy

Gameplay
[tr]
After some time going between a few other things I would like to present my map The Undead Onslaught
This is a Defense/Survival like map where you must defend the point given from various enemies, you will fail if all heroes are dead at one time.

Tips for Beginners
[tr]
You get control of Green or Pink if they are not present, USE THEM!!
Whoever is the Human Builder should build shops for items
Whoever is the Night Elf Builder should build Altar of Champions ASAP!! It revives hero MUCH faster
This map is not meant to be played solo, but if you wish to do so I suggest playing as the Dwarven Berserker, then its trial and error to see how to make it far enough
Corpse Launchers spawn Mutated Zombies wherever they attack, TAKE THEM OUT!!!
Stone Hurler Towers spawn Boulder Golems on attack, WATCH OUT!!!
The best way to take out towers is to wait for the Dwarven Sniper to hit level 10 and use his ultimate Air Strike at the target of towers, but remember YOU DON'T NEED TO KILL TOWERS UNLESS YOU WANT GOLD!!

Screenshots
[tr]
231007-albums7889-picture93305.png

231007-albums7889-picture93309.png

231007-albums7889-picture93310.png

231007-albums7889-picture93308.png

Features
[tr]
Has 3 different roles to play as, 2 of them being allied together
9 heroes to choose from the "Heroes" team
Each builder has 4 different structures to build each providing different service
The Onslaught has 2 different heroes to pick from
10 different types of units to fight against
68 different items
2 Mini-Bosses
Race only matters when on the team "Builders" or the team "The Onslaught"
6 different difficulties to choose from

Credits
[tr]
Adol, Kakerate, peamaster, D4T4, Shadowlord, RoyalistBlue, Dieumort, Darkfang, Nudl9, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Marcos DAB, Sin'dorei300, lelyanra, Captain_Rufar, PeeKay, NFWar, Atmosferic, Pyritie, NO-Bloody-Name, -BerZeKeR-, bananaHUNT, Elenai, L_Lawliet, HappyCockroach, Champara Bros, HammerFist132, JesusHipster, ILH, UgoUgo, BurninRose, Blizzard Entertainment, PrMosquito, Callahan, Daelin, JetFangInferno, Kazzo

Changelog
[tr]

V1.7.2

• Fixed issue with waves not spawning
    Did more with terrain
    Added 6 difficulties
    Changed waves slightly
V2.1.5

• -NEW MODE: Time Trial - Read Additional Game Modes for more details
    -NEW HEROES!!! - Royal Paladin / Dwarven Demolishen Team / Huntress
    -NEW ENEMY UNIT - Corrupt Spirit/Tainted Spirit - Credit to FLorMa for idea!
    -Fixed issue where Holy Smite could not be cast on undaed units
    -Fixed isse with Headshot where it could crit for 100x instead of 10x
    -Nerfed Dwarven Berserker base stats
    -Fixed MAJOR issue where waves wouldnt spawn sometimes after killing all units
    -Added sound to indicate when a mode has been selected
    -Slight changes to waves
    -Removed income (may just be temporary)
    -Lowered bounty on enemy units
    -Enemy towers are stronger
    -Minor bug fixes
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」
Notes
[tr]
When I have time i plan on re-doing the whole description as map as well as be adding more heroes, items, units, and i plan on re-optimizing map to make it over all better in a sense of UI and play style of things.

Keywords:
Undead, Survival, Strategy, Difficult, Team, Defense, Builders, Humans, Night Elves, Orcs,
Contents

The Undead Onslaught V2.1.5 (Map)

Reviews
17:22, 4th Jan 2015 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See moderator's review regarding the map:

M

17:22, 4th Jan 2015
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See moderator's review regarding the map:

Hell_Master;2635628 said:
Well, I had play it and took the author's advice of using the Dwarven one and miraculously, it works pretty well. Survived barely on waves by spamming the first spell which heals the hero when each wave ends but died in the end (was a good ride still). The passive spell helped a lot on killing horde of monsters but did not make it when I was completely surrounded with so much enemies.

Anyway, I liked the map how it was a combination of different genres such as AoS because of how are obliged to pick a hero and to destroy a building to win the game, a little of Melee where you have to build certain structures or building which contributes to your survival and of course, staying true to its original genre, Defense/Survival where you have to survive waves filled with rampaging undead creatures aiming to massacre you.

The game's difficulty is quite hard but can be handled with the Dwarven hero but I think it would be probably better if you'll let the players vote or choose (if one player only) for a difficulty so as to scale how strong would be the enemies. It would certainly become newbie friendly and solo-able which can be good to kill time (if you know what I mean by that) but also the higher difficulties which should be played with more players and is certainly hard to solo.

The terrain is good but as I've always said on some maps, it can be improved to some extent. I would suggest placing some tile variations at some point because it gets repetitive. Also, add some doodads at roads/dirt roads and scatter them around but avoid spamming them for it would give unwanted result. Suggested would be corpses, bones and remains because it would give some eerie feeling to the terrain. Play with the editor, discover some tricks and such. Make custom special effect doodads through looking on the model files and placing them on the terrain to add some magical touch to it.

A bug I would probably have to report or maybe not really a bug since it does not potentially destroy gameplay. When reaching Wave 6, the timer for it appeared thrice and I think this should not be. Probably some restrictions for the trigger were not placed so as for it to run only once. Other than that, everything looks fine.

To sum it up, the gameplay looks bearable in solo and probably, pretty much better on multiplayer. I would rate this 3/5 and a stamp of approval.

Level 15
Review by Rex.

-Gameplay

The gameplay is decent but with major problems.

Firstly, when I go into War3 and I click at your game. I was clueless what to do there because the small description is missing! I managed to enter your game because you had typed a description in Hive. This might confuse people who does read your descriptions in Hive! Pls write a guide there. :)

I were given 6 choices of Heros in this game. After randomly picking one, my Hero was spawned in the North-West area. After a few seconds, a warning soon appeared in my screen. That is good for a survival game!

The major problem:-

At the beginning, the enemy spawned in a good manner but after a while, I got busted by them. I managed for 10 minutes and guess what? There are hundreds of undeads chasing me! This is insane for a survival map! I suggest you to make this spawning thing in wave form. Like you got to kill all 25 zombies to go to the next wave. This unlimited spawning system is too common and often impossible for any players to survive! Fix it! :(

Nothing much to say about the gameplay, it is incredibly insane. Just fix that problem...

Good point:

The atmosphere is perfect in this game. It is a very creepy dark lighting and it reminds me of Silent Hill! Good Job!

The Heros have great and impressive abilties! (Sometimes, It is not strong enough to survive. :(.. )

Terrain and Decoration:

The terrain is alright, the contrast is good enough, nothing much to say. (Except for the place where your hero starts, it is quite plain...)

It seems you are lack of decorations! Place some unholy stuffs or anything? :)

Bugs and Consistency:

Fix the major problem because it can make your map to be more consistence. :)

Verdict:

This map is polished but your Quest log contains credits only! Pls add gameplay details like how do you start?, features and many more! :)

Comments:

I personally think this map has lots of potential and more things can be improved.
Please fix the major problem... and this map will be awesome! :) Anyway, good job tydieguy! :)

I currently rate it as 2/5. Pls fix the major problem then I will increse it to 3! :)

Level 4
Review by Rex.

-Gameplay

The gameplay is decent but with major problems.

Firstly, when I go into War3 and I click at your game. I was clueless what to do there because the small description is missing! I managed to enter your game because you had typed a description in Hive. This might confuse people who does read your descriptions in Hive! Pls write a guide there. :)

I were given 6 choices of Heros in this game. After randomly picking one, my Hero was spawned in the North-West area. After a few seconds, a warning soon appeared in my screen. That is good for a survival game!

The major problem:-

At the beginning, the enemy spawned in a good manner but after a while, I got busted by them. I managed for 10 minutes and guess what? There are hundreds of undeads chasing me! This is insane for a survival map! I suggest you to make this spawning thing in wave form. Like you got to kill all 25 zombies to go to the next wave. This unlimited spawning system is too common and often impossible for any players to survive! Fix it! :(

Nothing much to say about the gameplay, it is incredibly insane. Just fix that problem...

Good point:

The atmosphere is perfect in this game. It is a very creepy dark lighting and it reminds me of Silent Hill! Good Job!

The Heros have great and impressive abilties! (Sometimes, It is not strong enough to survive. :(.. )

Terrain and Decoration:

The terrain is alright, the contrast is good enough, nothing much to say. (Except for the place where your hero starts, it is quite plain...)

It seems you are lack of decorations! Place some unholy stuffs or anything? :)

Bugs and Consistency:

Fix the major problem because it can make your map to be more consistence. :)

Verdict:

This map is polished but your Quest log contains credits only! Pls add gameplay details like how do you start?, features and many more! :)

Comments:

I personally think this map has lots of potential and more things can be improved.
Please fix the major problem... and this map will be awesome! :) Anyway, good job tydieguy! :)

I currently rate it as 2/5. Pls fix the major problem then I will increse it to 3! :)

Did as you said, added some decor, added some stuff to hero selection area, also made it into waves now (20 total)

Level 30
The Gameplay is not a survival but more of a massacre, its hard to reach wave 2 if you plan to play this with 1 player, and by a player what more will it be if its a full house?

Spawn creeps are way stronger than the heroes I've chosen whenever I die and try a different one, there are no items, safe stations, or even a cooldown after a wave, it only takes like 3 seconds after the next wave comes in, and it becomes worse each wave turns out more creeps, more abilities, and way more stronger.

I couldn't explain more of the terrain because of how it is only 1 lane and it leads completely straight to towers so damn strong its suicidal.

Maybe next time its best if the map is tested, balanced, and well executed before its quickly uploaded here in this section.

Level 4
The Gameplay is not a survival but more of a massacre, its hard to reach wave 2 if you plan to play this with 1 player, and by a player what more will it be if its a full house?

Spawn creeps are way stronger than the heroes I've chosen whenever I die and try a different one, there are no items, safe stations, or even a cooldown after a wave, it only takes like 3 seconds after the next wave comes in, and it becomes worse each wave turns out more creeps, more abilities, and way more stronger.

I couldn't explain more of the terrain because of how it is only 1 lane and it leads completely straight to towers so damn strong its suicidal.

Maybe next time its best if the map is tested, balanced, and well executed before its quickly uploaded here in this section.

Increased time in between waves and made of the higher waves spawn less mobs, also few things to note:
  • You can buy items, you need to build a shop from the human builder
  • You can at least make it to round 4 if you know what to do
Here is some advice: Play Dwarven Berserker and start with W, build the health fountain and 2 Offensive Treants from Night Elf Builder. Build as many 1 Cannon tower and 5 or 6 Arrow Towers, get a shop when you can.

Level 30
Well, I had play it and took the author's advice of using the Dwarven one and miraculously, it works pretty well. Survived barely on waves by spamming the first spell which heals the hero when each wave ends but died in the end (was a good ride still). The passive spell helped a lot on killing horde of monsters but did not make it when I was completely surrounded with so much enemies.

Anyway, I liked the map how it was a combination of different genres such as AoS because of how are obliged to pick a hero and to destroy a building to win the game, a little of Melee where you have to build certain structures or building which contributes to your survival and of course, staying true to its original genre, Defense/Survival where you have to survive waves filled with rampaging undead creatures aiming to massacre you.

The game's difficulty is quite hard but can be handled with the Dwarven hero but I think it would be probably better if you'll let the players vote or choose (if one player only) for a difficulty so as to scale how strong would be the enemies. It would certainly become newbie friendly and solo-able which can be good to kill time (if you know what I mean by that) but also the higher difficulties which should be played with more players and is certainly hard to solo.

The terrain is good but as I've always said on some maps, it can be improved to some extent. I would suggest placing some tile variations at some point because it gets repetitive. Also, add some doodads at roads/dirt roads and scatter them around but avoid spamming them for it would give unwanted result. Suggested would be corpses, bones and remains because it would give some eerie feeling to the terrain. Play with the editor, discover some tricks and such. Make custom special effect doodads through looking on the model files and placing them on the terrain to add some magical touch to it.

A bug I would probably have to report or maybe not really a bug since it does not potentially destroy gameplay. When reaching Wave 6, the timer for it appeared thrice and I think this should not be. Probably some restrictions for the trigger were not placed so as for it to run only once. Other than that, everything looks fine.

To sum it up, the gameplay looks bearable in solo and probably, pretty much better on multiplayer. I would rate this 3/5 and a stamp of approval.

Level 4

Thank you SO MUCH!! One for all the feedback for improvement(and I know wave is buggy I'm looking into it by making a less messy wave system) but also approving it, it really made an end to my vacation:grin: I'll do all the things you said when I can(school is going to make it busy for me).
Added 6 difficulties, changed tiles up a bit, fixed some bugs.

StoPCampinGn00b: Merged double post

:0 Although, it's approved. I seek for improvements. If it rocks then 3 stars goes to your map! :)

Added difficulties, hope I'll have big update soon:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Thought of this map the other day! had a lot of fun helping you test this out, and making abilities for a couple of the kits. good times