[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Maps

Undead Assault II 2.0 beta 3
Created by illidan92 & Magentix ; Uploaded by: illidan92
Information
Uploaded:18:24, 2nd Nov 2010
Last Updated:23:48, 25th Jun 2011
Type:Miscellanous / Other
Category:Modern Warfare
Map Size:256x256
Playable Map Size:244x244
Suggested Players:3-11
Tileset:
Rating by users:4.75 (4 votes)
Hits:13494

(Hover and click)
Details
An update version of Undead Assault II.

Made by me, with help from Magentix. John_S awhile back made some icons for me which are still used.

There's been various changes across the board, but primarily the entire storyline has been changed.

-The regular modes, Recruit through Insane, have a much steeper difficulty curve. A famous quote after half the team died 2 minutes into hard mode, "Hard mode is hard."

-Tons of new zombies and bosses. The arachnathid (AKA leeroy jenkins) is quite a kicker, but I won't spoil the surprise. I think there's around 30-40 different enemies total.

-Code reset for this version, also you have to complete certain game modes to advance past certain ranks.

-Ranks affect gameplay more. Certain mini-bosses only spawn with a certain level of rank. Try beating insane mode with 80k+ xp team now.

-Much more active gameplay. The missions engage the players a lot more, and camping is rare.

-Side missions: Currently there are only 2 side objectives (add more later if I find time), but they definitely add a new gameplay aspect of having random situations thrown at you, requiring the players to adapt.

The main issue and reason why this is still a beta, is:
1: I didn't have time to add a new survival or competitive mode yet.
2: Umbrella mode has latency issues after the first mission, but I didn't have time to fix that, because it takes a long time to narrow the source of it down. Rough, because with the AI improvements it's hard enough as it is.
Moderator Comments (Useful)
23:40, 25th Jun 2011
-Kobas-:
Comment

This map is approved and works properly.

Download Undead Assault II 2.0 beta 3 PROT.w3x
(4.29 MB, 2503 Downloads)

Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User illidan92
User

illidan92 has little to show at this moment (4)
illidan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Zenonoth
Retarded Peon

Zenonoth is on a distinguished road (87)Zenonoth is on a distinguished road (87)
Great, now you rendered my chance of becoming the first poster /Evil grin
Zenonoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Darkzealot_128
User

Darkzealot_128 will become famous soon enough (111)Darkzealot_128 will become famous soon enough (111)Darkzealot_128 will become famous soon enough (111)
Did you start this from scratch yourself or is this some update?
Darkzealot_128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User SasuhKun
Well, shit.

SasuhKun is on a distinguished road (71)SasuhKun is on a distinguished road (71)
Update from almost infamous Undead Assault II, I guess. Since there were not any more releases later on... Although Undead Assault II was hosted here. WOuldn't it be better to update that one? Well, its kind of late now either way. (FIRST PAGE DREAM!)

Well, since I'm anxious to test the new version. Although I have not yet seen it, I'll give +rep for once again update this great map.

Edit: Ah yes, of course, vote for approval. Also, as soon as you can, providing screenshots, or maybe even videos, and also using those board complex options (XD) to polite the description. (Would also make map moderators and reviewers happy! :D)

Last edited by SasuhKun; 01-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Coolty44
Nevar guna give u up!

Coolty44 will become famous soon enough (116)Coolty44 will become famous soon enough (116)Coolty44 will become famous soon enough (116)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasuhKun View Post
Although Undead Assault II was hosted here. WOuldn't it be better to update that one?
There's tons of changes from UA2 1.5B and 2.0, thus the jump to 2.0, which, according to the map rules at one point or another, constituted to allow for uploading as a separate resource.

Also, I was just about to ask if you were going to upload here or not too. Illidan :)
Coolty44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User light bolt30
Retired MapMaker

light bolt30 has disabled reputation
Here's a list of BB Codes for your description.
"Left the Hive"
light bolt30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User Jemdo
User

Jemdo is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
bug detected

We faced a problem with loading code with normal difficulty done. It doesn't work!
Here are 2 screnshots:

Jemdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User SasuhKun
Well, shit.

SasuhKun is on a distinguished road (71)SasuhKun is on a distinguished road (71)
@Coolty44: I see. Hmm...

@light_bolt30: Yes, that's the name! XD

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Death_bringer_2
Warcraft II: Redux

Death_bringer_2 has little to show at this moment (39)Death_bringer_2 has little to show at this moment (39)Death_bringer_2 has little to show at this moment (39)Death_bringer_2 has little to show at this moment (39)
I haven't played this map in so long. One of the best maps out there. I still have the paper with the codes on it lol. Haven't been on B.Net in years, do people still play it a lot?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User SasuhKun
Well, shit.

Not a lot, but yes, people still play it. I hope however, that with this "revival" it will come back with full power. Alas, Illidan, you're going to take much to do UA3?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User Presley0402
User

Presley0402 is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Awesome game. Too bad the first time I played it, it was on single player.
I got pwned when I went to get the villagers in the woods. T_T
Anyways 5/5
Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User SasuhKun
Well, shit.

Illidan, the latency problem extends to all modes if there are more than 4 players...

When playing full house, at all, all, ALL games, the game was incredibly laggy and delaying about 3 seconds or so. Although it starts to delay before, exactly when you must kill that "zombie convoy" of Thanatos and Darius it begins to delay heavily. It is the mark, pretty much... although I don't know if the mission itself has something to do with the delay.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User Coolty44
Nevar guna give u up!

Coolty44 will become famous soon enough (116)Coolty44 will become famous soon enough (116)Coolty44 will become famous soon enough (116)
Unfortunately, Illidan has left for Basic, and has no time in the foreseeable future to continue on updating Undead Assault 2 2.0, and has left bug fixing to me, a moderator on his website, www.undeadassault.net . If you have a problem, please post it there to bring it to attention faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasuhKun View Post
Illidan, the latency problem extends to all modes if there are more than 4 players...

When playing full house, at all, all, ALL games, the game was incredibly laggy and delaying about 3 seconds or so. Although it starts to delay before, exactly when you must kill that "zombie convoy" of Thanatos and Darius it begins to delay heavily. It is the mark, pretty much... although I don't know if the mission itself has something to do with the delay.
Hmm.. Do you remember what the time was, in terms of how long you'd been playing?
Coolty44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Toriad
User

Toriad is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Is there a way to bypass the 5000 exp bug? All saves made after completing normal all show up to be invalid.
Toriad is offline   Reply With Quote