• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Four Castles 2.0.1

Matthew Meyer Presents

Four Castles 2.0.1
Created by Matthew Meyer

Map Info:

Four great kings of Azeroth once fought over the bounties and spoils of this land, and each has failed to conquer one another and claim the entire land as their own. Now it is your turn to claim the land and riches of the Four Castles for yourself!

Features:

The map consists of four castle bases from which you can expand. Employ Dragons to fight for your cause and win the game!

Some else stuff about map:

I thought it would be cool to design a concept around castles for a custom Warcraft 3 map.

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:
A Human player base.

four-castles-2-1-png.460520

Image Description:
An Orc player base.

four-castles-2-2-png.460521

Image Description:
An Undead player base.

four-castles-2-3-png.460522

Image Description:
A Night Elf player base.

four-castles-2-4-png.460523

Image Description:
A Dragon Roost.

four-castles-2-5-png.460524

Change Log:

Added:
  • General Experimentation

Added:
  • Custom Units
  • Custom Heroes

Added:
  • New custom units, heroes, abilities, upgrades, and races added.

Added:
  • New Burning Legion race added and custom unit stat adjustments.

Added:
  • New Custom Units and Heroes

Added:
  • I returned the map to melee from altered melee for better game balance.
  • I added more gold mines and neutral passive buildings.
  • I adjusted the gold mine amounts and added new creeps.

Author's notes:

Good luck! Have fun!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Four, Castles, Dragon, Knight, Obsidian, Guard.
Contents

Four Castles 2.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
23:11, 15th Nov 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: The same goes with infernal fountains. Though, the terrain here is a tad bit better. Set to await update/needs fix. 12th Dec 2014 Map approved. It essentially is the same map as infernal fountains with a...

M

23:11, 15th Nov 2014
StoPCampinGn00b: The same goes with infernal fountains. Though, the terrain here is a tad bit better.

Set to await update/needs fix.

12th Dec 2014

Map approved. It essentially is the same map as infernal fountains with a different themed terrain.

Level 11
Level 6
uh oh,i don't get the map.if it is a siege you should make it like a siege and..if its altered melee why only 1 players?
i think you should really work more on it...i mean the terrain and mostly the gameplay itself,mostly altered melees are not only 1 player support and like a remake of default wc3 race to a whole new one.for example see Wa666r and Sun Reaver's work...

Thank you.

Level 11
uh oh,i don't get the map.if it is a siege you should make it like a siege and..if its altered melee why only 1 players?
i think you should really work more on it...i mean the terrain and mostly the gameplay itself,mostly altered melees are not only 1 player support and like a remake of default wc3 race to a whole new one.for example see Wa666r and Sun Reaver's work...

Thank you.

Thanks! I will work on this map a lot more. I started by just changing the name and genera but there will be more improvements.

Level 11

Thank you.

What model, texture, and animation editor did Wa666r and Sun Reaver use? Are there any tutorials on youtube?

Level 6
I have to disagree with Devin this. It is perfectly fine to have a map like this 1 player, siege or altered melee. But yeah, I'm sure you can find wa666r and sunreaver if you click on the members list tab.

I didn't say that it cannot be made only for 1 player,just saying it isn't really fun with only 1 player support (anyways thats my opinion,it might be fun for others).You can't choose your own teams in 1 player support,lets just say you can't customize the game and no online support.

Siege is completely another thing.

Level 11
I fixed some unit stats and sounds in V5. The map is once again Altered Melee, I changed it in V4, but there are now fixed teams. Please tell me any things I need to improve so this map can be approved.

Level 11
why does the screenshots show things that can be accessible in any melee game with the exception of an ogre lord hero icon?
shouldn't they feature some of the new units being implemented in the screenshots?

I fixed this situation by adding gameplay screenshots with some custom Orc units. I also used the Ogre Lord.