• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tank Battle v1.03b

Tank Battle v1.03
The live battle in Felwood

Welcome to Tank Battle! In this map, you will surely have very special feeling about War Craft, the feeling of true battle!

This map starts with 2 teams, and each team can has up to 5 players.
All players' main target is to eliminate their enemies as many times as possible. the number of the time a tank kills another tank or dies will be recorded.
As killing enemies, a tank will get bonus experience point(s). When a tank gets enough experience point, it will level up and get stronger: Has more hit point, mana point and more skills are available.
But, some kinds of weapon also affect your allies. If your allies get hit by those weapons, they will be damaged and if you accidentally kill your allies, you will get experience point penalty.
When a tank is destroyed, it will be revived at the starting point after 8 seconds.
You can also read about game play in Map Info(F9)

Tank Battle does not use normal controlling system: you don't need to use your mouse to control your tank (But you will still need them for skills' descriptions). Instead, you use Arrow Keys and some other keys on the keyboard to control your tanks
You can read more about game controls in Map Info(F9)

For every 30 seconds, there will appear one random item on the field. But items will not be spawned when the number of items on the field is 10.
Items are very useful, especially in battles. But items will disappear after 1 use, so use then wisely
You can read more about game controls in Map Info(F9)

James Tomas: Map maker
-Kobas-: Loading screen maker
And some imported resources:
Plasmagun by Suselishe
Tank by General Frank
Moonstaff by ZIR
Hammer of Invulnerability by MistAssass
Plasma Gun icon by The_Silent
Fortification by Huinipachutli

v1.01
Add more items, improve items' system
Improve terrains
Change how tank looks
v1.02
Greatly improved the map's terrain, making it looks more like a real forest
Fixed MANY fatal errors in spawning and getting items
Quitters' name will be changed when they quit the game
Less Xp is required for a level
Tank now can fire/use skills while moving/turning
Corrected damage amount of Tank Missile (175 damage)
Improved Shocking Gun's damage and cooldown for it's Level 2 version (dealing 500 damage instead of 450, and 30 seconds cooldown instead of 55)
Tanks now receive 60 bonus HP per level (instead of 50)
Tanks now receive 20 MP per level (instead of 25) and the initial amount of MP is 20 (instead of 25)
Land Mine's mana cost reduced from 20 to 10
Land Mine's cooldown reduced from 50 to 40 seconds
Changed camera angle
Improved tank's sight range in day (it's the same at night)
Map now requires War Craft v1.24

Added "Look Around" ability
Improved terrain, improve game balance
Upgraded multiboard
Fixed reviving after being killed by a teammate
[c]
Cleaned leaks, made game runs smoother
Tank now can turn 10% faster
Added version number to the map's name
Added some effect as obtaining an item
Some minor corrections in Map Info(F9)
v1.03
Remade tank controlling system (acceleration and turning)
Tank's max speed increased to 350ups (originally 250ups)
Tank now can turn while standing still, although the turning rate is half as fast
Added the unique compasses around the tanks
Added new item: Cog of Haste
Added Level column to Multiboard
Remade item spawning system: will no longer allow too many items spawned too close to the other
And some other minor fixes...

Cog of Haste now requires mana
Tank gains 1 armor per 4 level
Fixed Fortification skill's icon
1 more item spawn spot started
Some minor fixes in terrain and item spawning spots
Added commands (See Map Info(F9))
Added the cursor, showing tank's firing path

184699-albums4741-picture46742.html

184699-albums4741-picture46743.jpg

184699-albums4741-picture46744.jpg

184699-albums4741-picture46745.jpg

184699-albums4741-picture46746.jpg

184699-albums4741-picture46740.jpg

184699-albums4741-picture46741.jpg

Well, this map is beta, so I suppose it's far from complete
There's so many things that I can't do, and I hope that people in THW can help me out this time
  • Screenshot: Yeah, I need some help in multi-player and live-battle screenshot. I really hope that people can help me out with this
  • Sounds: Something like Open Fire or Double kill... need sounds to make the battle more living
  • AI: Yeah, that's so bad that I couldn't make AI by myself. My triggering is not good enough. I hope some people on THW who are really good in triggering can help me to make nice AI for my map
  • Any many more problems...
If you want to help me out, please send a visitor message, private message or offer right here.
After all, I hope all of you will have fun with my map!

Keywords:
tank, battle, tank battle, falzelo, felwood, forest, FPS, arena, 10 players
Contents

Tank Battle v1.03b (Map)

Reviews
01:31, 18th Jun 2010 VGsatomi: Decent map. Nice arrow key movement implementation. The camera doesn't mess up like most games like this do. However the fog really slows down low-end systems and server lag makes arrow key movement games like this...

M

01:31, 18th Jun 2010
VGsatomi: Decent map. Nice arrow key movement implementation. The camera doesn't mess up like most games like this do. However the fog really slows down low-end systems and server lag makes arrow key movement games like this nearly unplayable on bnet. I may suggest adding AI for solo support.

As this map has the word 'Tank' in it I will imeddiatly review it (I shall edit this post when I give the review)

Edit: Heres your review:

Review
Areas of review

Terrain - total of 5 marks
Triggering - total of 6 marks
Originallity - total of 10 marks
Difficulty - total of 10 marks
inventivity - total of 5 marks
Replayability - total of 10 marks
Object data - total of 5 marks
Total Marks possible - 51
Rating

1-10 unacceptable - vote for rejection (1/5)
11-20 lacking - vote for rejection (2/5)
21-30 average - no vote (3/5)
31-40 good - vote for approval (4/5)
41-50 excellent - vote for approval (5/5) (+Rep)
51 Epic/Godlike - vote for approval (6/5) (+Rep)
Criteria

For a high Terrain mark the map must look beautiful/amazing, the terrain needs to make the game more enjoyable for the player as well as suit the game type.

For a high Triggering mark there must be no leaks and be efficiant.

For a high Originallity mark, there needs to be as few of the same game type/genre as well as game style along with unique systems and suchlike.

For a high Difficulty mark the game very simply must be as balanced as possible.

For a high Inventivity mark the game should get around problems that other games may have faced before and achieved it well.

For a high Replayability mark the game should be able to be played many many times and still give something new to the player as well for them to enjoy it over and over again.

For a high Object data mark the map should have used custom resources/standard resources well, such as fitting icons, good descriptions and tooltips.

This map - Tank Battle v1.02c

Terrain: 5/5 - Excellent terrain which really complements the gameplay, no places you can get stuck in that I could find within the terrain, although there are a few places which do cause the tank to jolt a bit but that is unavoidable.

Triggering: 5/6 - Almost perfect, but I cannot give top marks to this while it still has waits, there are alternative methods of generating a wait - I suggest you use one.

Originality: 7/10 - I've played quite a few of these before, this one doesn't appear to be too different.

Difficulty: 9/10 - With the dummy ability changed and the smoother controls it makes it much easier to operate once you're used to the controls and can fire while moving.

Inventivity: 3/5 - well, arrow key movements not something you'd call 'original' as such =P

Replayablity: 8/10 - The Controls on the Tank are very smooth although I think it'd be a plus if you could turn on the spot without having to be moving when you do

Object data: 5/5 - Nothing really to say - the object data doesn't factor much into the game therefore is very easily balanced to perfection like this (mainly cos everyone uses the same tank thus must be balanced perfectly)

Final mark

42/51 - 5/5
Rating - excellent
Vote - approval
+rep - yes
Additional Notes

A very high quality map, altough I consider this to be a form of minigame due to the simplicity of the map and thus I would not compare it with larger more complex games.
Contacting

If you want this Map re-reviewed at a later date, simply send a Private message (PM) to me at any time, I will respond when I find time to, in the afore mentioned PM please state wether or not you would like me to overwrite the current review, want me to place it just below the first one, or in a new post.

Why is this needed?

Overwritten:
- You won't be able to see your review history
- You won't be prompted in your usercp

- Cannot confuse other people by which review matches the current

Placed below:
- History will be easily seen
- Reviews will be cept together

- You won't be prompted in your usercp

New post:
- You will be prompted by the usercp
- Reivews will be spread out
- May find confusing when trying to find the matching review

Last edited:
Level 4
good concept... map needs work

the map is a good concept, but i think you need to work more on being able to find people. maybe you could add radar ability at start... me and my friend did a 1v1 and drove around for 10 mins trying to find each other. also, it would be nice if u could fire while moving and turn while stopped. when colliding, maybe take 1 dmg? 3/5 for now... could be 5/5

Level 7
Fire when moving? Sorry I can't do that
I fixed the description. I wish it's better now

[edit]: Map updated! Please leave comment
[edit 2]: omg I've found a fatal fault! fixed it

Last edited:
Level 7
A bit off topic but, EDELWEIS! I SWEAR THAT TANK IS EDELWEIST FROM VALKYRIA CHRONICLES!
a bit on topic bug, i am officialy downloading this map for that one reason :D

Level 7
EDELWEIST FROM VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
what the Alpha Omega Blahblahblah is that?
[Edit 1]v1.02 has been released! i've changed many things, and i hope that the map's quality is alot better now
...well... at least that's what i hope :(
Anyway, feel free to leave comment :) even complaining about my map. I'll listen to all

Last edited:
Level 2
Tested the map. It seems there are a lot of things I need to comment about:
- Idea is original enough, the arrow keys movement I've only seen so far from Blizzard's Racing map (forgot the name). Then again I don't play around with too many maps.
- About the camera, see if you can make it move a bit smoother since it's a bit too edgy for me (either that or just the fact that my computer just sucks). Will test out later and edit to confirm
- Try giving the version of the map in the in-game name. This is obviously only a suggestion, but it is useful for those who has multiple versions of the map.
- The coding of the camera & movement system could be made much better, but it's fine the way you do it. Just saying for some efficiency improvement
- There are a couple of small leaks in your coding. Also, the number of triggers can be removed by a lot more if you just use "Event - Add Trigger Event" Action instead.
- State whether your map is open source or not. If it's not, it would be better to protect it.

Level 2
Tested again

Notes:
-Some consistency in language would be good
-The camera was tested again. It's great but still a bit edgy
-Getting screenshot is easy with multiplayer, I don't know why you can't do it yourself, but I can always help
-Sounds: I don't know if you have it yet, since I never turn on wc3 sounds anyways. If you haven't, pm me
-About AI, I'd suggest you looking at the Ai Tutorial available on this site.

Level 14
too slow

this mod use exicively fast loops who make lag TerrRRRRRRrrrrRRRRrrrrRrrrRRrRRRrrrRRRriiiiIIIiiiiIIIIibbBBBBBBbbbbBLLLlllllLLlllllLLLLYyYyyyYYYyy
my computer is not able to play it also this mod need speed for beeing play correctly so the host is avantaged and this mod is unbalanced beacause of that
If all the connections were instant and the computers infinitly powerfull this mod would be a good mod