• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swamp of Despair Alpha 1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map offers 18 different hero classes, lots of quests, tons of items, a great story, and loads of fun gameplay.

If you wish to discuss this map or check on updates please visit:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?p=1033526#post1033526

- Formally known as "Swamp Open RPG Beta 1.8."
- Seeing as this map has gone threw severe changes, I decided to rename it. This version only offers play of up to Tier 2 Heroes and offers about a third of the overall map gameplay. Don't let the tag Alpha fool you, this map still offers hours worth of gameplay.
- So then please send all comments, questions, suggestions, bugs, to [email protected].
- Special thanks to Gearhead, johnfn, Dark_Soul74, MrWhoey, Doume, Anitarf, Vellen, and all the people that helped at www.wc3campaigns.com.
- Custom icons and models are credited to the various people at www.wc3sear.ch.

Keywords:
Swamp, Despair, RPG
Contents

Swamp of Despair Alpha 1.4 (Map)

Reviews
16:49, 10th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Don't multiple upload maps, Rejected.

M

16:49, 10th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Don't multiple upload maps, Rejected.

Level 4
Aplha 1.4:

Main Changes:
- Save and Load system added
- New quest system
- Dueling system has been fixed and updated (also replaces hero weap/arm with hero, so no double/half dmg)
- There can now be multiple of the same hero

All known bugs have been fixed. If any more come up let me know so they can be fixed ;)

Last edited:
Level 3
OH SHIT!!! IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MAP SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG :cry:
Its really good! its Punking me all the time XD i was playing 2 hours, but i found one bug:
The Ghost got "pestilence" ability (im from austria, hope its called so in english) and if you fight against him, you cant play on because it deals 100 dmg per second and never ends, you should fix that

Last edited:
Level 3
This is one of the best maps I've played.

Bug list:
Thief quest in the eastern zone (from the starting area) to open the door and get something out of a chest could not be completed. When I went to the door with the lockpick it said I had someone elses lockpick and should try to find mind (there was no other thief in the game).

Duel Bug: Host lost against player #2 and respawned correctly but player #2 could not get out of the duel area. To fix it, the host went in the duel area and killed him from above. He then respawned normally but both players were now hostile to each other in the normal world. In order to fix this we tried to duel again, which eventually worked if the host win.
This however led us to be unable to use the town teleport (from your pet).
Also, using the town portal to the second town teleported me to a town to the very east. Walking to the wall furthest to the east there crashed the game.

Infinite gloves bug: You can equip an infinite amount of gloves (which becomes too good with 25% attack speed on each).

Final ranger quest to kill the demon. Using the ultimate ability here (mirror image) causes the images to turn on yourself. Perhaps intended but it becomes very annoying as its impossible to know about it, especially couple with the bug that these quest mobs can level. So if you fail a couple of times, it becomes virtually impossible to finish the quest and you are stuck as rank one forever.

Some feedback:
Hints on the herb quest. The quest to find the herbs actually forces you to revisit old zones, a hint about that would be much appreciated.

The taming boss, took quite a while to figure out as you need to get him soo low, some hints here would be appreciated.

Sea Witch abilites are lackluster to say the least. The two passive abilities are good but the two active ones are completely useless save for the first level or so. The aimed shot and multishot doesn't scale with gear at all. So you do approximately 1000 damage per second just auto attacking but if you active aimed shot your damage per second is decreased to 100, hence it will never be used. The same thing goes for multishot.

The Ranger and its follow ups as well as the thief does a lot of damage against caster, medium damage against ranged but almost no damage against melee. It's a great concept but the very low damage against melee feels a bit excessive at times.

Level 2
outstanding map btw change the hotkey of shield slam on the warrior and on the adepts blade destorys 25 mana

Last edited:
Level 2
theres a bug in the quest of sorcerer on the sealed book 'it says cant target neutrals'

Level 1
plz say

1/ what do to take Sea Witch ?

2/ play 2 players

ranger and warrir
do all quets

open second town(arena)

but cant kill demon near 3 town
nothing in arenf shops/

it is normal?

Level 1
bugs

in duel Ranger drop blues items(ranger items)
after duel critical strike set to lvl 1

Level 1
out of playing your game a bug that i've found was for the Sorcerer's book quest the one where you must answer some questions about a Reading... well whenever i did it i would always get to the last question and it would always hurt me even when i tried Every answer...Every answer i used basically didn't work

Level 1
Just want to ask about the third teleportion point..I'm lvl 111 warrior and i've made all of the quests and went all the places i can go but i cant go the 3. teleportion point..there is a invenruable monster there ant the way is shut anyone help me please??

Level 1
Feature or Flaw?

Hey Zero, first of all I just wanted to say great map!

I don't know if this is a "flaw" or a "feature", but after killing several hours playing Swamp Open RPG 1.8 (I now have Swamp of Despair 1.4) I noticed one potential "bug".

I maxed out a druid, then switched to and maxed Necromancer. I didn't find Dark Knight Trainer (or any Necro quests), so I decided to switch classes. I noticed that when I change my class again, I retain any pets I already had. Running around as a level 1 Sorcerer with two full squads of skeletons (lvl 5), Mischa, and 5 bugs (lvl 5) is kinda amusing.

Has this already been noticed/addressed? Do you think it might be an issue?

~Brew

Level 4
The map lets me download it. Prob cause I hosted it. Patch 1.24 broke the map and I don't know how to fix it. I wanted to finish this too, it's really a damn shame I've lost 5 years of my life on a game I could never finish and have now nothing to show for...