• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Starcraft2 in Warcraft 3.There are all races of starcraft 2 terrans,zerg and protoss.You must destroy all your enemies and you must control all resorces before the anathor races control them.Good bye

Keywords:
Star,Starcraft 2,Space
Contents

Starcraft 2 (Map)

Reviews
02:22, 30th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
the most accurate term is "Why should we download starcraft 2 genre map when we could just directly play starcraft 2 instead of playing it at wc3?"

:cute:

To see the work put in to it and give it a rating and comment/s. Because big part of the maps on the hive are made to be like some game or movie, more or less. So why download them too? Why download Avatar or Slashcraft for example. And by the way is "Why should we download starcraft 2 genre map when we could just directly play starcraft 2 instead of playing it at wc3?" a term [seems kind of long if so] or a question? :thumbs_up:

I opened this map in WinMPQ, and i must say, i am shocked.
It seems like he crammed every model he could possibly find into this thread, not just starcraft related things, but also stuff like "scale mail paldurons by sunchips", NerubianQueen.mdx, a README file (in .txt), some ww2 models (spitfire.mdx and T80.mdx), Uruk_Hai.mdx, a .MAX file called "tiger" with two .gif textures(!), a TON of textures that should already BE in the game, like "gutz.blp", satyr.mdx, white.blp (two of them, with different paths), a lot of textures were imported several times under different file paths, and well.. well!

i am speechless. 18 mb, yet the minimap looks completely devoid of anything playable.
This map is certainly the turd of the week, and i would love to see it eradicated from this website and never seen again.

EDIT: I noticed he also included a bunch of starcraft .MD3 files into the map. Those are all rips.
As if that isn't enough, he also managed to import a .w3n file - that's a warcraft campaign file!!!!
It's called DemoCampaign.w3n, and is almost 2,5 mb all by itself.

Seriously, i mean.. text files, .max documents, .MD3 files.. and who the hell imports a readme file? A README FILE!?!?!
I could go on like this forever. It's totally insane.

EDIT 2: for everyone who wants to take a look themselves, this map is unprotected and can be opened in the world editor for your amusement.
It is also quite uncanny, since i extracted both the .max files and opened them, and the models seem to be of astonishing quality.
One of them specifically, a model of a Tiger II tank (King Tiger) was extremely accurate, if not a tad high poly, and would be qualified for usage in any up-to-date game (even though the mesh could use some optimising).

Last edited: