• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Rogues 0.64

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Cooperative campaign for 4 to 10 people.
The crew of the CBS Stingray; takes control over the turrets in order to destroy enemy space ships. They are able equip suits to defend the ship against infantry and board other ships. Red=Captain, Blue=Engineer.

Keywords:
Space, Rogues, Space Rogues, Cooperative, Coop, Mission, Missions, Campaign, Captain, Ship, Stingray, Marines, CBS, Captain, Engineer, Commander
Contents

Space Rogues 0.64 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: doesn't work with 1.24+
Level 7
Nice map :)
We (me and my gaming community) tested it in LAN with 8 players...

I like the idea and the concept...
Once again, good job! :)

Level 5
sometimes there are critical errors, but it is an AWESOME map! and by the way, you can beat this with a captain, a leaving engineer, and a single crew member. is there going to be a new version soon? will the crew of the CBS stingray eventually defeat Marthos and "rebuild" their society? i think the captain should be able to wear a special suit, but he can't leave the ship.

Here's some mission ideas, starting from where you left off:
1) as soon as the BSE retreat, the remaining pirates uncloak their ships and immediately fire at your engines and wings before you shoot them down. you can't move or turn, and you have to hold off the pirates until the engines and stuff are fixed. (timer)
2) The captain goes unconscious because of a bullet that had some slow acting poison. he falls over at the controls and the ship goes spinning out of control while you're going back through the asteroid belt. when the captain wakes up, you have to get out of the asteroid belt.
3) You crash into a planet named "Whumpos VI" and the crew goes out to forage and meet people. They do meet up with people, but they're another gang of space pirates! (the ?) and you have to get supplies by stealing them. They find out you're there and you have to make a run for it back to the ship. two people (random) are accidentally left behind, and they hijack a space pirate ship, which they discover is actually the CBS-Pablo!
4)For Stingray) Defend yourself wile in orbit around the planet, until you can find out where the two crew members went.
4)For Pablo) blast your way through a pirate blockade to reach the Stingray and get into the docking bay.

by the way, the Pablo would have it's own controls, mini-reactor and a gun. one person could fly the Pablo and man the energy, and the other one could fire. The Pablo's single gun would be 180*, but it could turn fairly well. as well as a few mid-power primary and secondary weapons, the Pablo would have another, third weapon that could do high damage, hits one target, and homes in.

5) The Pablo gets to the docking bay and the crew gets out. afterwards, you can go back in through the little ship thing on the docking bay (like a waygate) and the Pablo will have free movement within a certain range of the Stingray. you are randomly floating around, trying to get to BSE headquarters. you fly past a burnt wasteland-planet. It's ORION! there's a small ship floating around it, and it's all dead. onboard, the crew finds out that there are mutant aliens aboard. you shoot a bunch of them and find out there are still living crew members on the bridge, but they have almost no supplies. they're dying and you have to save them. if you do before you blow up the ship, you get 6 marines to protect the bridge of the stingray, as well as a new kind of suit (the one for the captain i was talking about) and a few other items.

Long post but i'll probably have more ideas later! =)

Level 3
Hello Laosh'Ra!
First off, I love the idea of your map. I find it really a well-done map, though there could be lagfixes here and there, which probably only you know how to fix best.
But I have noticed one issue with my friends and I don't know if it's just for us in particular or for everyone.
We hosted the map on the battle net several times and if we managed to survive the first mission (where you are predestined to loose) for like 2-3+ minutes and then lost, the game fatal errored us out. We were really angry because it felt like "you're too strong for this map, go awai."

I hope that's an issue that can be fixed and I hope you will, I'll keep my eye on this map so I always have the latest version! Good job.

Level 6
thanks for the feedback. yes, i need some ways to fix the lags and the critical error (one of the reasons why it's still beta :p)
as for the critical error, it only ever happens after the intro mission (as soon as the cinematic-interlude starts) and i'll definately fix that before releasing a new version.
as for that, sorry to keep you waiting. i'm working on soulchess 1.20 right now.

Level 2
can you pm me the editable version becuse i cant beat the first level and i dont even got battlenet nor does anyone know have warcraft

Level 14
GREAT game please make more versions its exciting and cool and a slome set up hope you finish it soon.

oh me and a friend found away to kill lagg when it starts lagging pause and let it set about 2 min after that no lagg its always worked for me hope it helps.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Last time I played this, this game became unplayable due to bad triggering and leaks. Thus we could not play for long at all before FPS fell to 15.

Have you fixed this yet (in this version) or is it still leaking and lagging like the sky is falling? If not please do so as this map has potential.

Still it is good to see a decent coperation map like this.

Level 6
i did my best to decrease the lag.
dunno which version you played before, 0.60b had 2 memory leaks per 0.33 seconds which have been fixed.
after mission 4 i still have 62 fps (around 64 when starting the game) so i guess theres no excessive leaking anymore.
the thing i belive to be the main source of lag is the movement pattern of the interceptors (using WEU's slide function). for now, i decreased their spawning number but i'll have to replace them in the long run... till then, take them down first ;)
there also was a rare bug crashing the game, it happened if a mission was completed in a certain way while some person was attacking hull breach debris with certain ammo... the debris is now "killed" instead of "removed", the last 10+ games i had didnt crash :D
thanks for the feedback and cheering.

Level 6
then why do they mention "prevents the location leak" etc. in their description? :p
slide only seems to lag. if all the WEU actions would leak, most of my maps would be unplayable after 1 hour as i use them a lot. soulchess and space rogues both don't get worse after that time so i'm quite certain they don't leak. maybe in previous WEU versions, but not the one i'm using.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
No, some of the WEU actions are simply GUI enhancements. Those do not leak obviously as they purly let you use the JASS native that normally WE does not support in GUI.

However the advanced trigger actions (the ones that refer to JASS in the custom script section of the map) do leak, and that is a fact since they were made before leaks were entirly discovered. That is why I recomend you use JASS instead as you can remove nearly all leaks then.

Level 6
there are even manual WEU functions to remove leaks (point - remove etc.) and why would they mention that they cleaned the leak if its still there?
but okay, i'll create myself a test map to investigate this... in any case thanks for the hint.

Level 6
0.62b released!

i reworked the interceptor movement pattern. they now approach, fire, turn around to gain distance, approach again... the angles vary a bit, so does the distance.
with the sliding removed, there should be no more lagspikes.

-reduced number of stars from 30 to 25.
-blitzdash now only takes a half second to charge. it is now allowed to dash to a lower cliff level. it is still forbidden to dash to a higher cliff level (until i find a performance efficient way to prevent enemies from spawning on top of cliffs under very rare circumstances).
-ship spawns in mission 4 are now player number dependend as well.
-the big hornet attack in mission 2 is a bit lowered in numberes for higher player numbers.
-upon impact, hornets don't always deal the full damage to the hull now: a 43% hp hornet will only deal 43% of the impact damage
-a bit more zoom-out for captain & tower turret views
-missle pod relays start with twice the circuits
-hopefully fixed camera if turret is destroyed
-a message is now displayed if a turret is repaired
-turrets no longer are downgraded if destroyed
-dragon shell now prevents hornet impact damage (but not the hull breach / intruder spawning)
-upgrade points now have red text pointing out that normal crewmen shouldnt buy them before maxing their infantry equipment
-engineer is now the one receiving the upgrade points and (s)he is also in charge of chosing the ship upgrades
-overcharge now requires the engineer to stand next to the reactor
-captain base damage increased by 10-10
-stone fist maxhp increased from 7000 to 8500
-main cannon 50 aoe damage is reduced from 1.40 + x * 0.70 to 1.10 + x * 0.55 per interval (x depends on amount of TJ charged); the 200 aoe damage remains
-decreased missle hit-detection from 175 to 150 radius
-reduced missle damage radius from 300 to 150 (i forgot its radius, thats still 300 aoe now)
-increased missle damage from 100 to 120 per interval
-the optional part of mission 3a is now a bit easier and gives 4 instead of 2 upgrade points

Level 4
realy nice map!! i realy love it! ur genial laosh'ra!! but it could be nice with a better tileset, one that fits into this. and maybe remove the picaxe from the peasant model? and maybe reskin it a bit. but els its a great map!! realy love it! great story, idea and gameplay! five stars :) *****

Level 1
This map is awesome, but the latest version of WC3 seems to have broken it. Now over time people will receive horrid lag and most likely leave. I've only tested this once, but I never had the problem before the wc3 patch.

Level 6
here it is... hf!

0.63:
-fixed the performance drop issue
-Blitz Dash trail effects improved
-BSE Interceptors now only appear in mission 1 and 4 like they used to; the other missions include normal (Ice Mantis) Interceptors
-fixed 2 typos in cinematics
-added hotkeys for creating power circuits (Q W E withing the submenu)
-stock maximum for buyable upgrade points: 10 (it still restored by 1 per second)
-fixed a rare issue with units getting stuck on the hermes after the detionation
-engineers "Repair Turret" now has 5 seconds casting time but cooldown removed
-customized immolation effect on hornet impact / c7 / debris flames: aoe from 220 to 150, damage lowered from 10 per second to 7.5 per second (intervalls reduced from 1.00 to 0.10), target effect changed
-lowered gravity (in/de)crease range from 320 to 250 to prevent you from activating it from the lower level of the engine room
-reduced the duration of the gravity being disabled upon certain hull breach events (30s-180s lowered to: 20s-120s)
-changed medic's restore: now heals 50 hp/sec for 20 TJ energy/sec at intervalls of 0.25 seconds
-the captain now has energy/mana: 35 TJ max, 0.50 reg/sec
-torso booster detonation energy cost reduced from 50 to 25
-c7 / torso booster detonation aoe improved: 175/350 to 225/450; spawned fire increased from 3-13 to 5-17
-multiboard colorfix: changed default color from yellow to white in order to distinguish a turret controlled by the yellow player
-torso detonation may only be used once per mission per play
-engineer max energy from 35 to 50
-engineer now has Ice Shock instead of TEM

Level 4
here it is... hf!

0.63:
-fixed the performance drop issue
-Blitz Dash trail effects improved
-BSE Interceptors now only appear in mission 1 and 4 like they used to; the other missions include normal (Ice Mantis) Interceptors
-fixed 2 typos in cinematics
-added hotkeys for creating power circuits (Q W E withing the submenu)
-stock maximum for buyable upgrade points: 10 (it still restored by 1 per second)
-fixed a rare issue with units getting stuck on the hermes after the detionation
-engineers "Repair Turret" now has 5 seconds casting time but cooldown removed
-customized immolation effect on hornet impact / c7 / debris flames: aoe from 220 to 150, damage lowered from 10 per second to 7.5 per second (intervalls reduced from 1.00 to 0.10), target effect changed
-lowered gravity (in/de)crease range from 320 to 250 to prevent you from activating it from the lower level of the engine room
-reduced the duration of the gravity being disabled upon certain hull breach events (30s-180s lowered to: 20s-120s)
-changed medic's restore: now heals 50 hp/sec for 20 TJ energy/sec at intervalls of 0.25 seconds
-the captain now has energy/mana: 35 TJ max, 0.50 reg/sec
-torso booster detonation energy cost reduced from 50 to 25
-c7 / torso booster detonation aoe improved: 175/350 to 225/450; spawned fire increased from 3-13 to 5-17
-multiboard colorfix: changed default color from yellow to white in order to distinguish a turret controlled by the yellow player
-torso detonation may only be used once per mission per play
-engineer max energy from 35 to 50
-engineer now has Ice Shock instead of TEM

Holy lord, you're still updating this map? (I remember playing this 2 years ago!) xD but now you've fixed my most hated part of the game (cool down on repair turret). I'll edit with suggestions after playing.

Level 2
Laosh'Ra, I have some suggestions for you, but they may only relate to me and few others.

Could you either make Capt. and Engineer able to wear suits
OR
make a simple AI where the Crew Members
1)automatically run to random turret and operate it, changing to another turret when the one its using is destroyed
2)put on a suit as soon as they become Ensign ranked and leave controls to guard either the Captain or Engineer when boarded
3)make all computer players share units with either Captain or Engineer.
I find that with only <5 players gets the team owned quite frequently by the attack immediately after the first frigate boards...

Also, have you played Mini-Me's Cannon Commanders? You can get free gold for "pwning Laosh'Ra" lol.
You know mini-me?

Last edited:
Level 6
Changelog for 0.64:
TEM upgrade cost reduced from 2/3 to 1/2
Kyro Cells upgrade cost increased from 4 to 5
"Directly transfer to: Shield" now costs 35 TJ per activation
A successful reactivation of the shield will now activate it with 20% of maximum strength instead of 35%
Chance to reactivate the shield changed from 65% to 50/60/70/80/90% depending on the "Upgrade Shield"-tech
BSE Argus bounty: lowered from 1200 to 700
Repair Turret now costs 20 TJ
Increased manual repairspeed for engines
Storage is now closed at the beginning (to prevent newbies from being distracted)
Mission 1 now ends a bit earlier
Fixed bug with training drones rarely spawning on unwanted heigths
Slightly improved BSE Scorpions' short-range attack
Turrets now use the editor-only model "starting position" (scaled down to 0.25) so you can easily see occupied turrets and their hp bars
Destroyed turrets are now displayed in a darker red in the multiboard (Aenir)
Fixed a turret-upgrade bug while turret was in use
Fixed an issue with turret upgrades when having 2 or more of the same type in inventory (TheConclave)
Camera is now more zoomed out for the captain while he's on the bridge
Added some sounds (no imported ones, just pitch & volume changes)
Fixed two value-typos in Engineer's "Power Circuits" ability
Fixed Ice Shock not putting out fire
An Emergency Overcharge resulting in a Reactor Leak now radiates the entire crew: the closer to the reactor the more radiation over time (exponentially stronger if closer). The radiation has a maximum of -15 hp/sec and decays very slowly. Using a medpack will half the radiation. A greater medpack will quarter it.
Medic Suit's Revive: cooldown from 150 to 90, cost from 200 to 150
Changed some armor types of invulnerable stuff
Tesla Ray targets per shot: from 1/2/3/4/5 to 2/3/4/5/7
Stingray's Turretmaxhp from 250/325 to 300/400/500 (added new upgrade level to Turret Subhull)
Kyro Cell's Upgrade: cost from 5 to 6
Armadillo MK II bounty from 300 to 500 (+towers); maxhp from 500 to 700; shield from 300 to 500 (also has towers now, see below); keeps more distance (you wont hit it with dragon breath)
Armadillo bounty from 200 to 300 (+towers); maxhp from 200 to 400; shield from 300 to 500 (also similar changes to Armadillo MK II)
Shield Upgrade cost from 4/5/6/7 to 4/6/8/10
Shield from 1500/1750/2000/2250/2500 TJ to 2000/2375/2750/3125/3500 TJ
Reactivate Shield: 20% shieldpower to 15% shieldpower when reactivating; cooldown from 5 to 10
Interceptor damage from 15+5 to 20+10; maxhp from 70 to 85; shield from 100 TJ to 150 TJ; shield degeneration doubled
BSE Interceptor damage from 15+5 to 20+10; maxhp from 70 to 100; shield from 100 TJ to 250 TJ; shield degeneration trippled
BSE Scorpion maxhp from 1000 to 1500; bounty from 450 credits + 1 upgrade point to 1150 + 0 upgrade points
Slightly more hornets in mission 2
Stingray Hull from 1500 to 2000
Increased Stonefist bounty from 750 to 1200 and added 5 towers (1 of it is the energy absorber)
Increased cost on most infantry items
Upgrade points cost from 850 to 1000
Armadillo, Armadillo MK II, BSE Scorpion now fire a bit slower the more they are damaged
Ships which detonate with an optical shockwave now also deal damage to any friend or foe nearby using a specific formula: the shockwave is stronger the more maximum hitpoints the destroyed ship had. the shockwave damage is most powerful in the center and is 3.5 damage weaker per 10 units of range.
Created a system for independend turrets for capital hostile ships (i will refer to them as towers from now on): they can be created in a relative position/angle to the ship and you can shoot them down seperately. once destroyed, they spawn a flame on the ship, which is also positioned/rotated in the way the turret was. the towers/fire position wont be updated so very often to avoid performance issues. this shouldnt be a problem as this system was designed for capital ships, which are usually quite slow... most damaged turrets lower their shooting frequency by up to 50%.
Added towers to: BSE Scorpion, Armadillo, Armadillo MK2, Stonefist.

once again, no new missions... but i started working on it.

@Impman sorry i only just read your post... well, writing AI for this map might take some effort and new missions clearly got priority for now. i might do it someday, but dont count on it... sorry! the map was designed as a multiplayer map and should be played as one. if you cannot use battle.net, try hamachi list checker or some other tool to emulate a LAN over internet...
as for cannon commanders, yes i contributed some minor parts in that map: mini-me used to be my clan leader. but now he resigned and i took over his post... as a matter of fact he wanted to support me with space rogues but he withdrew from that.

Level 2
I guess adding AI would be a fair bit of time, but a trigger causing all unfilled player slots to give their crew member to players one and two would be easy enough to do.

Level 3
yeah i love the map but might i sugest a method for hte engineer to clear debris during emrgancys such as small drones that clear fires or debris wile hes working cuz it can be a massive bitch to manage power flows and shield flow in the heat wile still keeping everything in ship shape. also i noticed a bug in the most recent one here where the turrets consantly sustain dmg from firing the dragon's breath secondary fire like idunno mabey hte freindly fire was turned back on or something? Oh and in regaurds to AI instead of that why not make it so turrets auto fire the primary weapon at a slower yet still efficent rate at hostiles and if not then atleast make it so that if the engineer leaves the captain gains COMPLETE control so he can upgrade the ship too. also defensive wingmen for the ship would be kinda cool too like deployable drones you can research

Level 4
Very nice map, but he need 2 pro players to be played .
It's one of the best map i ever played
Finding people who enjoy playing enginer is hard !

(if you want to play with me, on northrend, email me at [email protected] or let a message on my Hive Workshop account ! )

(play with me at space rogues, of course :p )

Last edited:
Level 2
I absolutely love this map, and have been hosting it frequently. I finally beat that 3rd stage today, and finished the rest without an engineer X_X.

Bugs and suggestions:
Bug: It you drop one of the key disks onto the self destruct power circles on the ship, you cannot pick it back up.

Bug: Retreat doesn't seem to work... ever...

Bug: The reactor will occasionally stop regenerating after hitting 0, the only way to fix it is to pretty much unload all circuits until it decides to work, Then throw all the circuits back in. If this is intentional then there should be a repeating message to inform the engineer.

Suggestion: Add a cheap item that extinguishes fires.

Suggestion: For some reason, the asteroid stage is incredibly hard (Full house). The enemy ships that spawn just absolutely decimate the ship. Reduce the difficulty perhaps?

Suggestion: Give turret upgrades unlimited range.

Suggestion: Create a host option to pool all gold to captain at the beginning of each mission, since it is a common strategy.

Suggestion: Don't autofire the main cannon when it can't charge anymore, it would be nice if we could hold the charge for a bit. It would also be nice if the cooldown was reduced a little.

Suggestion: give a bit more information about the differences between the turret weapons.

Suggestion: Give us an option to skip the first cutscene.

Level 1
^comments to above
retreat works its just slow, you also have to kill everything that already has spawned.

the item that extinguishes fiers is not really needed as eng can now exting fires himself and you wont really encounter fire problems anywhere else then on stingray (which engi shuold take care off). besides fire aint that big a problem, i always seem to regen faster then the fire can dammage me.

turret unlimited range: agreed
pool gold to captain: this is a very bad strategy cause the individual crew members will need gold for infantry equipment for hermes ( and most likley later missions ).

more info about the turret weapons: i THINK this is listed in quests, i'm not sure thou.

option to skip first cutscene: some players may want to watch the cutscene so personlly i think this is a bad idea, watch TV, read a book or do something while its going on.

now for my own bug/suggestion.

Bug: dragonshell lvl 2 doesnt work
suggestion: make only captain/engineer able to buy from the shop that sells suits/turret upgrades/upgrade points

Level 1
Laosh'Ra!

Hey Laosh'Ra! So after we killed an incompetent crew member and finally managed to beat the game (which is very fun :thumbs_up: ), I noticed that the song that plays during Preparation is very catchy and I was wondering if you could tell me what its called. Thanks :grin: