• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Tower Defense 1.1c

Contents

Solo Tower Defense 1.1c (Map)

Level 1
A well balanced map. Towers built in the beginning continued to be useful up until the middle boss, and there were no useless towers. I haven't finished it yet, but what I have experienced so far warrants a five, if only because there are so few good tower defense maps out there.

One thing about this tower defense that really stands out is the use of heroes. In every tower defense I have played that allows for the recruitment of heroes on the battlefield, they have been little more than the generic melee heroes with a modified damage. In Solo Tower Defense, they are well adapted for battle against mass units that are ignoring them, in terms of their abilities, statistics and special properties (i.e., 0 collision).

A worthy addition to anyone's map directory, 5/5.

Level 6
Thanks for comments

1.0b to 1.1c

- Enter in complete version.
Map Config
- Compacted Trigger for better game speed.
- Compacted Units for a better game and loanding speed.
Game Config
- Adjust litle bugs.
- Reduces Entangling Roots durations 4/5/6 for 3/4/5.
- Adjust life and movement speed of Middle Boss.
- Change Rain of Fire to Auto-Cast.
- Increases Transparence for Wind Elemental.
- Adjust visual effect to Razor Leaf
- Reduces lifes point for you try a Bonus Level
- Repair a bug with Slow abilitie.
Gameplay Contants
- Decay Time Bones 10 seconds for 15 seconds.

Level 1
I have some problem when i reach wave 36, he kick me out off the game can u tell me pls if u knew what might be the problem!! Thack you for your time ,,, and btw the map its awsome :DD

Level 3
i like this map, but i losed 3 times in a row now because invisible units that i can only see for 6 seconds in a very smal radius for 5 gold :(

Level 1
This is a great map!

It has a fantastic hero-tower integration, and I love the balance.

A few problems exist tho: SAVE YOUR GAME OFTEN. It is very prone to crashing.
The terrain kind of sucks too, in that it is too straightforward (literally)

Hints for all:

Pick the Neutral hero. His eagle can help vs invis units. The main advantage is that it pumps up your FOOD LIMIT!!! Hence, you can get ALL the other heroes and uber towers if desired.

Be sure to train an arachnoid and train it up. The -5 armor aura is incredibly good tho small. Place it up top where creeps enter and Hold Position for best effect. Other auras are basically worthless.

Troll can heal your heroes quickly. Great at the vs hero stages.

The Earth towers are incredibly good vs the hero stage due to their stun effects.

The air hero has a +speed aura that affects all units and towers. Put em on Hold Position. 200gold for a +10/15/20% speed aura is awesome.

The upgraded Air 'ripping wind' tower is complete ownage. Comboed with mana-regen booster and research, it mows down baddies with lethal efficiency.

The frost towers are worth getting. DOnt bother upgrading. Just use for the extra slow effect from cold.

Level 1
Anyone know any reason why the Heroes would be missing? I've tried this map on every setting and I see no way to obtain Heroes.

Their nowhere on the map, nor are they any in the alter.

Is there something that I've overlooked?

Thanks

Last edited: