• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SH v1.4 The Hunters

138114-albums6211-picture74582.jpg

Update 4 released

Map: The Hunters
Background story: The Hunters is a hunting preserve owned and operated by Terran Wildlife Services. The Infested want to infest the population and the Void Predators want to 'purify' the place by killing all the Terran and Infested forces. While the Bionics protect the Terran in exchange for food and water supplies.

138114-albums6211-picture73416.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture73093.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture73120.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72326.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72325.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72327.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72190.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72191.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72192.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture69132.jpg

=========================================================
=========================================================

Starcraft Hybrids general information

This is a new take on the traditional Starcraft races. The three races have been replaced by three hybrid races. Includes AI variations to make playing against computer more interesting. Includes sounds/voices from Starcraft 1, except for the music but you can easily find the playlists of Starcraft 1 music on youtube (for the full experience ;D).

This has nothing to do with the Hybrids in Starcraft 2. The Hybrids have an other (/new) story which will later be explained through a custom campaign.

Important! Only choose between Human (/Bionic), Orc (/Infested) or Undead (/Void Predators) for both you and AI players. AI does not function as it should when it has its race as Night Elf (Warcraft 3 bug).

SH Gameplay video (map: The Hunters, from V1.2b so a bit outdated):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flasAvfGVco

* 3 new defensive/support buildings (1 for each race).
* The build time of Drones has been reduced from 9 to 7 to compensate for the worker lost when creating a building.
* Sunken- and Void Colonies now give supply too like non-upgraded Colonies.
* Shocker has a new ability: Blaster.
* Minions now have the Horror passive ability which decreases the combat effectiveness of nearby enemy ranged units.
* Top vs Bottom: the two expasion islands that are close to the starting locations of the players have been made a bit wider, so more room for structures.
* Top vs Bottom: center island (which a bit to the south) made a bit wider so it is easier to capture.
* Island Deluxe: improved terrain detail.
* The Hunters: fixed the victory conditions and defeat messages bug.

* Hotfix Top vs Bottom (8 september): added Xel'naga Tower to Top vs Bottom, 'resources at the player start locations are removed for players that are not playing' is now properly working.
* Hotfix for Island Deluxe and Top vs Bottom (2 september): fixed the victory conditions and defeat messages

* New island map for SH. More maps will come.
* Improved AI, more expanding and with a better economy. The AI variation that focusses on 'air' has been remade.
* Added terrain bonuses system.
* Option for player 1 to choose between easy, normal and insane AI.
* Option for player 1 to disable superweapons.
* New siege unit for Void Predators added: the Shocker.
* Some terrain improvements.
* Fixed Templar of the Void's and Spectral Archon's food cost (they were very high for some reason).
* Drones are now trained faster (from 12 to 9) compared to other workers to compensate for the Drone lost when creating a building.
* Void Predators buildings' mineral cost reduced to compensate for the Drone lost when creating a building.
* Rebuild improved alot, from 75 hp restore to 200 hp restore.
* Reaper faster movement (+30), weaker Sythe attack ability (from 40% to 30%).
* Broodlings have gained the Reflecting Carapace ability, rendering them immune to all effects.
* Void Walker now has Weaker Gravity Pull instead of the Templar of the Void (the Templar could not auto-cast it properly cause it is invisble).
* Dreadnought's area damage reduced.
* Increased the range of Dark Stream so it matches the range of the Darkling.
* Into the Void has a longer duration and improved effect.
* Voidwalk has a longer duration (from 20 to 30 seconds).
* Swarm Nest (from Mephit) damage increased from 4 to 6.
* Call Forces area of effect reduced from 250 to 200.
* Killing a neutral unit (e.g. an unit that is effected by the Chaos spell) won't give bounty anymore.
* Void Accumulator now has a proper birth animation.
* Enfeeblement Aura buff graphics changed, less noisy.
* Grim Ward less noisy.
* Buff for Nanobots fixed.

* camera zoom function (done)
* Plague Nuke destroys minerals (done/fixed)
* Infested Nuke Silo requirements fix (done)
* Dark Force -> Void Predators (done)
* Void Predators AI ability to expand improved (done)
* Darkstream more damage (done, 25% faster and damage from 4 to 6)
* Energy mass bigger and bigger area (done, +0,3 scale and +30 aoe)
* Bionic Marines Mark Target too strong effect (done, from -5 to -4)
* Darklings keep "tilting" when they move for some reason (done I think, slowed walk/run animation)
* Nightskin Ultralisk's tooltip didn't changed. (done/fixed)
* Undead at the lobby when you create a game still didn't changed (done/fixed)
* 1 Nightskin Ultralisk can kill a horde of zombies in 1 charge, coz 100 hp vs 100 damage. (done, now 80 damage)
* Hellflury Mech has melee combat sounds (done, removed weapon bash sound)
* Swarm Nest from mephits were useless. give them higher hp or something (done, +40 hp)
* Mephit's Swarm Nest ability creates the egg before the projectile even landed. (done/fixed)
* Templar of the Void's invisibility upgrade requirement (done/)
* Call Forces aoe reduced (done, from 300 to 250)
* buff for the Cavern of Void's mana regeneration aura (done)

* Added a whole new hybrid race (Dark Force) with new AI (next update will give new AI to Bionic and Infested too)
* Superweapons! (AI builds and uses it too)
* The Bionic and Infested gained lots of new abilities and upgrades + longer tech tree
* Fatal error bug fixed
* Redone hotkey system, based off position icon on inteface now.
* Many abilities now cost mana instead of only having a cooldown (the cooldown is lowered though to let the abilities stay usefull).
* New worker abilities and upgrades, also different for each race now.
* Improved AI vs enemy towers
* Fixed bug that Abomination Fear ability also effects buildings.
* Fixed defeat messages about Neutral Victim.
* Fixed some repair times of various structures. Towers can be repaired a little faster.
* Fixed repair costs of Infested Worker and SCR (Bionic worker) so no more high gas costs for repairing them.
* Hellflurry Mech's have 30 hit points less and their second attacks only attacks air units now
* AI Dreadnought Hangar Bay ability has been nerved to compensate for full control for AI over Interceptors.
* Dreadnought's attack range reduced from 740 to 670
* Bacterian health increased from 35 to 50, stronger against Dreadnoughts
* Spore Turret has an improved Spores ability that also reduces the target's attack speed
* Aurochs now have 4 tranport slots instead of 3
* Broodmothers now have 8 tranport slots instead of 6
* Broodmother population cost decreased from 4 to 3
* Tier 2 ground-troop production buildings (Bionic Core, Plagued Enlargement and Cavern of Void) build time increased from 60 to 75.

* New Starcraft 1 terrain tiles (by Stryderzero)
* Gas is mined faster, from +3 to +4
* Mineral mining is changed a bit, mining goes slower but workers can carry a bit more.
* Removed 1 mineral from starting positions. It is now more important to expand for minerals.
* Upgrade length is reduced by 33% except for general damage and armor upgrades
* Radiating Core (from Nucleair Pylon) damage reduced from 10 to 6
* Flesh Bomb shorter duration (from 30 to 20 seconds)
* Fixed Infested armor upgrade used for Infested Worker
* Fixed repair times for mechanical units
* Phantom's invisibility ability improved alot but damage reduced a bit
* Dreadnoughts (Bionic huge ship) aoe damage is reduced (from 70/40 to 35/20) and attack range is decreased a little bit
* Spitters (Infested long-range flyers) attack speed decreased, from 1.00 cooldown to 1.25
* The upgrades Electronic Pulse Attack and Salvage (for workers) are cheaper and length is reduced by ~40%.
* New armor icon

There are three playable races:
The Bionics - a combination of Terran and Protoss forces
The Infested - a merge between zergs and infested Terrans
The Void Predators - a merg between Zerg and Protoss

Features:
- Play with one of the three Hybrids races. Each race featuring an arsenal of new and unique units and structures.
- The focus is more on strategy than micro managment, like in Starcraft 1. Many abilities can be auto-cast or are passives, allowing you to focus on other important things. Also terrain bonuses. However there are still some units for you who like lots of micro management.
- The all new units and buildings enable entirely new defensive and offensive strategies.
- Many custom resources and Starcraft 1 sounds (even voices) have been used to give it that starcraft feeling, while staying under 8mb! So you can still play the map on battlenet and lan.

Not protected:
This map is not protected, you can modify, take things from it and hopefully learn from it. Do as you like.

Credit list (resources):

Blizzard for interface skin, tiles and images
Starcraft Interface Package by unwirklich
Starcraft tiles for Warcraft 3 made by Stryderzero
Urban Environment Pack Pt. 1 by Illidan(Evil)X and xXm0rpH3usXx

Protohydralisk By Afronight_76
The SC2 Marine By GhostThruster
Onslaught by Callahan
Goliath by Max666
Stalker by Fingolfin
RA2 YR Mastermind Tank By Misha
Probe by killst4r
SCV Final by killst4r
ZombieA.blp By Kazzo
Marine by Hellish Hybrid
F.R.E.D. By Thrikodius
ThunderLizardVizier.blp By FrIkY
Ocula by -Grendel
MountainGiant.blp by halo
Snipe Target Green by Tranquil
Brilliance by JetFangInferno
Protoss and Terran building icons by Frankster
Fusion Cannon by Thrikodius
Flamethrower Turret by The_Silent
Alien RepairDrone by Texture By M0rbid [Amigurumi]
Zerg Scourge by Kimberly
Demon Treant by Iyzz_Fryzz
orb_big03 by EdwardSwolenToe
Brilliance by JetFangInferno
Wraith by killst4r
Stargate by killst4r
Phoenix_Missile by JetFangInferno
Konstrukt_SubmachinegunMissile by Talon the Mage
LaserRay by Ergius
Cracked Cliff by Felz_09
Drone by Markus3832
Protoss Dark Templar by Norinrad
Zerg Lurker by Cavman
Mutalisk by Kimberly
Reaper by Gottfrei
Ultra by killst4r
SpawnOverlord anim by killst4r
Zerg buildings by ?? (pm me if you know)
SoulArmor by JesusHipster
RejuvenationTarget by Metal_Sonic
Arcane Explosion By Champara Bros
Bonestrike by Callahan
MagicShield by JesusHipster
Astral Imprisonment by exfyre
Stomp by nGy
ToxicField by UgoUgo
CloudOfFog by Callahan
FirstAid by Em!
Nebula by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Nuclear Explosion (no missile) by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
WC3 - UnitFX - Black Hole07 by Carrington2k
SkulborbByZerox by Zerox
Reach Trees (Red) by Fingolfin
Reach Trees small by Fingolfin

Special thanks to GhostThruster for portrait edits and loading screen.
And to Hiveworkshop members that gave me feedback!

Keywords:
starcraft, hybrid, hybrids, rts, protoss, zerg, terran, macro, ai, spectre, infested, bionic
Contents

SH v1.4 The Hunters (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet20:44, 9th May 2013 Map Approved Starcraft Hybrids (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 17
gonna follow this map, if u remember me i also helped u with ur augmentation warfare. thisll be my feedback post which ill edit when i find more stuff. when ive played enough ill review.
, yes I remember you. You and some others gave me lots of feedback, is very helpfull! :wink:

-qwer hotkeys for ease of use
, yes I think this would be better too. Good point.

-upkeep info panel still contains irrelevant information
, never look at it actually, also find it annoying to edit and it not really worth the time (only place for a few lines).

-please for the love of good make passive abilities have passive icons
, never found this annoying, but okay I will try to fix it if I can find enough passive icons (without importing cause of filesize)

-terrain needs more atmosphere; light fog, light wind, grass + rock doodads (found in UTM), destroyed buildings (illidan(evil)x has these), terrain height variation, critters etc.
, can do after update. Although my 3 cents; I will not make it rich cause to keep it clear on the battlefield. And also not many obstructacles (is this spelled right?) so that armies can move easily through the map. No to much imported stuff, already have a hard time with the 8mb limit.

-vespene geysers are supposed to have an extractor built on top
, sorry not going to happen. The refinery models I found are ugly as **** and only take extra valuable mapspace (/kb) which I cannot spare.

-vespene geyser model lacks
, you do? I am not a modeler though, personally I find it adequate.

-alot of buildings dont have origin attachment points. this is an easy fix
, sry not a modeler

-what exactly is the point of the electronic pulse attack upgrade?
, the idea is to make workers viable against enemy building along with that other pillage like upgrade. But maybe not the effort ingame, I am open for suggestions to replace these upgrades with more usefull upgrades for workers.

-techtree is too small/simple and more unique mechanics. need more abilities/units too
, I have ideas to add units or special buildings in the future, but biggest problem now is 8mb limit. Units already have lots of abilities; about every unit has one unique or several unique things. Although I agree about the upgrades and the amount of units/buildings.

-only Mass Cryocells and Fusion Plant need the Nuclear Pylon as a requirement
, thanks for spotting, I will fix this.

-hellfury mech lacks a portrait
, for filesize reasons.

-abilities could be more original, and there should be more upgrades. also imo some units shud have abilities cost energy, so as to punish constant spamming of the ability
, abilities more original, how? Agree about the upgrades and energy.

-chemical bot's walk anim speed is too fast. also its poison ability has an unfitting icon
, okay will be fixed

-radiator flees whilst attacked. theres a setting that stops fleeing
, thanks for tip

-wud be cool if zombies had a reincarnation-type ability. i dislike the paralyze ability; % chance abilities shud be left out of rts games as much as possible for obvious reasons
, debatable but I understand your point. I will look into the possibilities with the reincarnation ability.

-infested marine ability has a retarded icon
, lol, uh okay I will change it :cool:

-keeper has 10 mana for no reason. its rooted attack needs a buff OR its siege bonus needs to be 2.5x; right now it actually does less damage vs buildings
, the mana is for a trigger reason :p, helps me quite abit :grin: . Good point about the damage. I will give it a siege bonus than, otherwise it would be too powerfull for defense.

-abomination has a tiny shadow, as does the broodmother
, ok will be fixed.

-i feel like the fire beast is too op; maybe lower its attack speed by a bit
, well it does damage friendly troops too though, it is a bit of double edged sword. This makes it powerfull against enemy defense, but bad when covering your melee units.

-theres no invisibility lulz, and imo detection shud be more varied like for the bionics (eg. marked target). wat about a radar scan ability or summon owl scout ability rather than the cnp generic true sight/detection ability?
, there is an invisible unit, the phantom. Also the new third race will have lots things with invisibility. I did the 'cnp' true sight cause it was also in starcraft 1 and well it is logical for towers to have it right? But I could add additional things like radar scan ofcourse.

-the tentacles attached to buildings stay there after the building is destroyed
, do you play v1.1? Otherwise the next update will certaintly have this fixed (I know I fixed this just dont know if the fix is already in v1.1)

Thanks again for the detailed feedback post.

also not many obstructacles (is this spelled right?) so that armies can move easily through the map.
not true. map terrain and doodads can add strategies like choke points, rock walls, and hiding places. all these are also in sc2

I am not a modeler though, personally I find it adequate.
i meant the vespene geyser has no portrait.

sry not a modeler
all u need to do is open the models up in magos, go to node manager, and create a new attachment and name it "origin ref"

I am open for suggestions to replace these upgrades with more usefull upgrades for workers.
fuck attack-based abilities; give workers spells. eg; phase shift (absorbs an attack) or EMP (detonates the worker; slows nearby units + drains their mana/energy)

abilities more original, how?
thats for you to decide. but there are so many ways to innovate

there is an invisible unit, the phantom.
and its a bionics unit. infested need some invis too. try to not also do the same thing as the phantom's ability (permanent invis). you can give a unit windwalk/invisibility (sorceress) type abilities. you can give them burrow. you could even have a stealth generator like in ur last map i believe

do you play v1.1?
yes

imo u shud stick to 2 races, unless the 3rd one is TOTALLY different. u already have 2 hybrid races, why not make the 3rd race an entirely new idea? eg. space undead, space daemons, voidwalkers + zerg? i just dont think there is enough racial difference between terran+protoss/zerg+terran/zerg+protoss (coz each race has components recurring in one another) + ur filesize just wont be able to handle a new race with custom models
if u want i can optimize a lot of the texture files, which seem to be the root of ur filesize problem which is the root of ur polish problem (no portraits, improper icons etc.).
regularly check my first post here coz ill put all my suggestions there

Level 3
[K40$]-Spectre;2336348 said:
Concerning the balance, are the specific things you noticed? Like a specific unit that is unbalanced? Or ability? I have almost finished the first update, that should balance and fix and number of important things.

What I thought was something unbalanced was actually a glitch when you choose Random and it messed up the AI scripts. I was talking about how one side's AI can be pretty much omnipotent meanwhile the whole game I've still had 1 guy just doing nothing.

Level 17
not true. map terrain and doodads can add strategies like choke points, rock walls, and hiding places. all these are also in sc2
, true true, but I meant that I will place some extra things, but not too much. Like a golden mean :ogre_hurrhurr:. If you look at the Starcraft 1 maps, doodads are placed carefully and strategically so armies won't get stuck too often.

i meant the vespene geyser has no portrait.
, sry but big deal, it is too minor compared to things like balancing, bug fixes and adding new units. I doubt anyone will select the vespene geyser to check the portrait.

all u need to do is open the models up in magos, go to node manager, and create a new attachment and name it "origin ref"
, ah ok, ty I will add that than.

fuck attack-based abilities; give workers spells. eg; phase shift (absorbs an attack) or EMP (detonates the worker; slows nearby units + drains their mana/energy)
, hey attack-based abilities are cool too :grin:. But something like detonate would be nice too, I will make it different per race.

thats for you to decide. but there are so many ways to innovate
, sure, but all the units are already new, so I don't know what you mean. They may not be all completely new, but it still needs a bit of Starcraft 1 feeling (to feel familiar). Also units like Bacterian, what is not innovative about them?! It infests air units on impact, taking control over them, where have you seen this in Starcraft 1 or 2? Or the Mindslaver, that can cast chaos on units to make them hostile to all? This was also not in either Starcraft 1 or part 2. Sure this is a bit similar to mind control, but it does bring new strategies. Last example is the Radiator, that poisons surrounding enemies with radiation and can fire while moving. That is new.

and its a bionics unit. infested need some invis too. try to not also do the same thing as the phantom's ability (permanent invis). you can give a unit windwalk/invisibility (sorceress) type abilities. you can give them burrow. you could even have a stealth generator like in ur last map i believe
, burrow is nice but I want to keep that for the third race since those are more zerg-like instead of zombies (burrow is more logical for them). But stealth generator kindy thing is good idea.

, than I changed it after v1.1 apperently.

imo u shud stick to 2 races, unless the 3rd one is TOTALLY different. u already have 2 hybrid races, why not make the 3rd race an entirely new idea? eg. space undead, space daemons, voidwalkers + zerg? i just dont think there is enough racial difference between terran+protoss/zerg+terran/zerg+protoss
, actually there is, atleast I think so. Dark Templar like units and more brand new ones. Space undead/Zombies is Infested a bit actually, since they are 'zombies'. Voidwalkers + zerg is actually a bit how the third race will be like.

+ ur filesize just wont be able to handle a new race with custom models
if u want i can optimize a lot of the texture files, which seem to be the root of ur filesize problem which is the root of ur polish problem (no portraits, improper icons etc.).
, actually I already can, all the new models are skins are already imported, and below 8mb. In V1.1 lots of things were not optimized, but now I have resized, squished, compressed without to much quality loss and saved lots of mb's. There is this great tool BLPLab, does wonders. Took me some time but it is worth it :wink:.

What I thought was something unbalanced was actually a glitch when you choose Random and it messed up the AI scripts. I was talking about how one side's AI can be pretty much omnipotent meanwhile the whole game I've still had 1 guy just doing nothing.
, yes I hope to solve the problem that choosing random/undead/nightelf will mess up ai by changing the triggers. Going to change the triggers, hope it will solve it. About differences in AI, it is an annoying bug. Apperently it is because of that the AI editor AI is not perfect. Hopefully when I redo the AI I will get it better working. Maybe with some extra triggers, should be improveable. Thanks for clarifying.

-vespene geyser with portrait attached below. no extra filesize
-those are like 2 abilities out of a multitude. im also talking about the lack of abilities. eg. the bacterion cud also hav a windwalk-type spell, but rather than moving faster it slows. it gives it stealth at the sacrifice of speed. the radiator cud hav a fusion explosion ability, which takes 10 seconds to detonate, but deals massive damage
-btw if u want i can make u a much better looking map preview, and i can make a proper loading screen that is hd but has a filesize of like 300-500kb

Attachments

• WespanGeyser.MDX
    8.2 KB · Views: 61
Level 17
-vespene geyser with portrait attached below. no extra filesize
-those are like 2 abilities out of a multitude. im also talking about the lack of abilities. eg. the bacterion cud also hav a windwalk-type spell, but rather than moving faster it slows. it gives it stealth at the sacrifice of speed. the radiator cud hav a fusion explosion ability, which takes 10 seconds to detonate, but deals massive damage
, thanks for geyser, and good ideas, +rep (if can)

-btw if u want i can make u a much better looking map preview, and i can make a proper loading screen that is hd but has a filesize of like 300-500kb
, no but thanks for offering, the current map review is 50 kb, although BLP Lab probably can reduce the 300-500 a bit less, I prefer to use it for new units and sounds. But maybe in the future :).

this file, when resized to 128x128, is 25kb (u dont need to use it). btw u shud also convert .wav files to .mp3. saves a crapton of space

edit: also read my edited suggestion about races
-fix player race to human and let players choose race in-game through a dialog or custom trackables menu. will save a lot of space + avoids ppl accidentally choosing night elf/undead

edit 2: golaith mech with portrait cam

Attachments

• war3mapPreview.tga
    101.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Goliath3.MDX
    96.2 KB · Views: 61
Level 6
alright ill test the third race for you as soon as you release it (tell me wen you will release it if possible) as for terrain i already customized some wc3 maps but i never tried to create one from scratch, but i can use the Islands map for the pic 2 map idea

Level 17
@GhostThruster, war3mapPreview.tga is awesome! Added it right away. The goliath's portrait also works now, ty.

Could merge the model and portrait for this model too? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/protoss-dark-templar-48129/?prev=search%3Ddark%2520templar%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

alright ill test the third race for you as soon as you release it (tell me wen you will release it if possible) as for terrain i already customized some wc3 maps but i never tried to create one from scratch, but i can use the Islands map for the pic 2 map idea
, great! Dont do anything yet though, it is better to wait and take my map as a base and remove the terrain and than add the new terrain. Cause that way we don't have to import all the resources again and export/import all the triggers and data. Importing all those resources again is calling for repetitive strain injury :p.

Level 17
, tyty, works good and even smaller model. You are a good modeler, really like the SC2 Marine you made by the way :).

edit: how about i throw in a hd load screen for only 300kb? delete a few sounds and itll fit :3
, i am sorry but I cannot do that, I can do it for 136 kb though :D (without too much quality loss), looks still pretty good.

Level 6
[K40$]-Spectre;2347516 said:
@GhostThruster, war3mapPreview.tga is awesome! Added it right away. The goliath's portrait also works now, ty.

Could merge the model and portrait for this model too? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/protoss-dark-templar-48129/?prev=search%3Ddark%2520templar%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

, great! Dont do anything yet though, it is better to wait and take my map as a base and remove the terrain and than add the new terrain. Cause that way we don't have to import all the resources again and export/import all the triggers and data. Importing all those resources again is calling for repetitive strain injury :p.

lookin good :ogre_haosis: ill wait till you get everithing ready so give me a signal when you whant me to beggin :thumbs_up:

Level 17
Hey guys since it is kindy a big update that takes some work to finish, here is a progress update:
- all the units of the new race have been finished including abilities & upgrades.
- several balance updates, bug fixes and optimizations.

What is left are:
- buildings of the new race (although I already have the models and textures).
- some balance & bug fixes of the bionics & infested are left.
- new AI also still needs to be done.

is this like starcraft?
, yes it is inspired by starcraft but instead of standard races there are new hybrid race.

and i hate those zombies they can infect like bionic marine if they died they can turn into zombie.
, it can be annoying to fight against them :p, just be sure that you have decent ranged army against them. Or retreat if they are to numberous.

but so much fun to playing this game.
, glad you liked it.

Level 6
:grin: lol im so freakin hyped for this update :grin:

:fp:and a simple idea: the infested marines flesh bomb ability should have an auto-cast option too

i have some tracks from starcraft, if you want to take a look at 'em feel free to message me :thumbs_up:

Level 17
What do you guys think about a bit longer tech-tree by adding an upgrade that acts as an requirement for the advanced buildings and units? The upgrade could be researched at the town hall building (Nexus, Command Center etc.).

lol im so freakin hyped for this update
, thanks :), it takes a bit longer since I wanted to add some additional things like new abilities and upgrades for the Bionics and Infested too. And something special.

and a simple idea: the infested marines flesh bomb ability should have an auto-cast option too
, good suggestion, I will see if can make this auto-cast.

i have some tracks from starcraft, if you want to take a look at 'em feel free to message me
, alas music is too big to import in the map, so what I normally do is playing this on the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCFnt__7lmc&list=PL37A6D15FE04E95EF (no commercials with this one either :D)

Level 6
[K40$]-Spectre;2366469 said:
What do you guys think about a bit longer tech-tree by adding an upgrade that acts as an requirement for the advanced buildings and units? The upgrade could be researched at the town hall building (Nexus, Command Center etc.).

:thumbs_up:
and about the music i was talking about storing it for the campaign so it plays while i slaughter my enemies :mwahaha:

Level 17
Level 17
Could someone recolor the green particles (water layer or something like that I quess) in this spawning pool model to purple? I have already changed its texture but the pool still has some green stuff in it. Would be icing on the cake if possible :).

Attachments

• pool_squished.mdx
    23.4 KB · Views: 55
Level 17
Hellflury Mech is pretty op in numbers, 900 range, can wipe out towers in a few second.
, yes the upcoming update solves this mostly by making the mech's second attack only anti-air and lowering its hp a bit. I recommend waiting for this update since it makes the map way better.

cant wait for it
----- \(o.o)/
, the bug I have with the new ai is extremely annoying, but I have some ideas now which may solve it. Going to try them out today, *fingers crossed*. If only the ai editor were not such a pain in the ass I could have released this mod last week.

Level 17
i can see where this is going
, to an update :p

* Added a whole new hybrid race (Dark Force) with new AI (next update will give new AI to Bionic and Infested too)
* Superweapons! (AI builds and uses it too)
* The Bionic and Infested gained lots of new abilities and upgrades + longer tech tree
* Fatal error bug fixed
* Redone hotkey system, based off position icon on inteface now.
* Many abilities now cost mana instead of only having a cooldown (the cooldown is lowered though to let the abilities stay usefull).
* New worker abilities and upgrades, also different for each race now.
* Improved AI vs enemy towers
* Fixed bug that Abomination Fear ability also effects buildings.
* Fixed defeat messages about Neutral Victim.
* Fixed some repair times of various structures. Towers can be repaired a little faster.
* Fixed repair costs of Infested Worker and SCR (Bionic worker) so no more high gas costs for repairing them.
* Hellflurry Mech's have 30 hit points less and their second attacks only attacks air units now
* AI Dreadnought Hangar Bay ability has been nerved to compensate for full control for AI over Interceptors.
* Dreadnought's attack range reduced from 740 to 670
* Bacterian health increased from 35 to 50, stronger against Dreadnoughts
* Spore Turret has an improved Spores ability that also reduces the target's attack speed
* Aurochs now have 4 tranport slots instead of 3
* Broodmothers now have 8 tranport slots instead of 6
* Broodmother population cost decreased from 4 to 3
* Tier 2 ground-troop production buildings (Bionic Core, Plagued Enlargement and Cavern of Void) build time increased from 60 to 75.

ps: the map has a new map preview image, dont know why it still shows the old ugly one on this site. Site probably still needs to refresh it or something like that.

Level 17
I don't think I can stress enough how much reducing the unit scale, or scaling out the camera could improve the appearance of this map.
, now you mention it, I wonder why I did not add this (since it is in most of my other maps). I can easily add a sort of zoom system for the next update. +rep (which will not take as long as this one did :p)

Level 6
sweet its out ill try to host it a few times and see how it plays out with human players and AI:thumbs_up:
might take a while tho. i have some things important things to do right now. but i think i can still give you the results today if not, tomorrow

Last edited:
Level 17
Nightskin Ultralisk's tooltip didn't changed.
Also the Undead at the lobby when you create a game still didn't changed, shouldn't it be Dark Force?
, oops forget those, ty

sweet its out ill try to host it a few times and see how it plays out with human players and AI
might take a while tho. i have some things important things to do right now. but i think i can still give you the results today if not, tomorrow
, cool, give me a shout if it is on battlenet :wink:. I suggest waiting for a hotfix first though see below.

1 Nightskin Ultralisk can kill a horde of zombies in 1 charge, coz 100 hp vs 100 damage.
, lol, that is kindy sick. I will change it a bit so it is not an instant kill against zombies.

I think I will do a hotfix. Just give me all the flaws you come across and the most important ones will be fixed than (the before mentioned camera adjustment too), but not yet new AI etc.

The Dark Force i prefer name it Predator ^^
, sounds good, what do you other guys think?

-hailfury mech has melee combat sounds
-not sure if 'superweapon marker' is meant to be there without locust (and holy shit lightning is awesome af)
-swarm nest from mephits were useless. give them higher hp or something

all in all great fun and innovative abilities, but the map's still incredibly unpolished.

Level 17
Hmm, the Templar of the Void's invisibility is pretty op, maybe just make them upgradable instead of instant invisibility when trained?
, yeah good point you can get them out to quickly with invisibility I quess. I will add an upgrade requirement for their invisibility.

-hailfury mech has melee combat sounds
-not sure if 'superweapon marker' is meant to be there without locust (and holy shit lightning is awesome af)
-swarm nest from mephits were useless. give them higher hp or something
, thanks for the info. The marker is meant to be without locust so people know what it is I quess. At the moment the several swarm nests is pretty good against enemy workers, so I am quite cautious to not make them too annoying. I quess a hp boost can do though.

all in all great fun and innovative abilities, but the map's still incredibly unpolished.
, thanks, that's why we got future updates eh :crazz:

Level 6
just got back from some AI testing :ogre_datass:

:fp:i liked the predators of the void name :D

:fp:how much damage does the darkstream do because i think its pretty slow. you should either make it faster or add multishot (2 or 3)

:fp:i have to agree with the mephit ability i used it against AI and they handled it pretty well (bastards put towers on mineral lines sometimes lol)

:fp:Energy mass is pretty sick but i think you should make the area effect bigger because it only damages units that are nearly touching it, also it damages your own units (dunno if you did it on purpose)

:fp:Awsome skins!!! awsome skins everywhere!! (creeper is sick) :ogre_love:

:fp:the darklings keep "tilting" when they move for some reason

:fp:bionic marines can reduce ultralisk's armor down to 1 with their skill ( a little unfair in my opinion)

:fp:all AI types are using their super weapons correctly, they aimed for my mineral clusters most of the times

:fp:when you morph your colony it wont give you food anymore so i personaly think its a pain in the ass xD

:fp:i didnt host it on bnet yet but you should post it on the make me host forums when you fix the hotkeys

:fp:Dude im giving you 6\5 xDD and reputation for the large improvements, keep it like that :thumbs_up:

Level 17
just got back from some AI testing :ogre_datass:

:fp:i liked the predators of the void name :D

:fp:how much damage does the darkstream do because i think its pretty slow. you should either make it faster or add multishot (2 or 3)

:fp:i have to agree with the mephit ability i used it against AI and they handled it pretty well (bastards put towers on mineral lines sometimes lol)

:fp:Energy mass is pretty sick but i think you should make the area effect bigger because it only damages units that are nearly touching it, also it damages your own units (dunno if you did it on purpose)

:fp:Awsome skins!!! awsome skins everywhere!! (creeper is sick) :ogre_love:

:fp:the darklings keep "tilting" when they move for some reason

:fp:bionic marines can reduce ultralisk's armor down to 1 with their skill ( a little unfair in my opinion)

:fp:all AI types are using their super weapons correctly, they aimed for my mineral clusters most of the times

:fp:when you morph your colony it wont give you food anymore so i personaly think its a pain in the ass xD

:fp:i didnt host it on bnet yet but you should post it on the make me host forums when you fix the hotkeys

:fp:Dude im giving you 6\5 xDD and reputation for the large improvements, keep it like that :thumbs_up:
, thanks for generous feedback list :thumbs_up:, +rep. One thing though, I did the hotkeys like this on purpose, there is a pattern in it (the icon's position). Once get used too, it is alot easier and faster than the previous way. Upgraded colonies may get overpowered if they still gave food/supply, don't really know if that should be changed.

Level 6
uuuuh found a little problem with the infested nuke :vw_death:

i wanted to harass the AI workers so i targeted their main nexus and the probes on the minerals , when the nuke went off the explosion "killed" the mineral fields lol

Level 17
uuuuh found a little problem with the infested nuke

i wanted to harass the AI workers so i targeted their main nexus and the probes on the minerals , when the nuke went off the explosion "killed" the mineral fields lol
, haha I just wanted to post that. I just played a game with my brother in a team and 2 other teams of 3 AI's each, where one AI team (all 3 cpu) threw there superweapon one after the other one of the cpu of the other AI team (that cpu was wasted haha :D). Forgot to remove the 'tree' as target :p.

Fun game but has some imbalances, the bionic race needs too much macro (what i mean with this is that you need to have a huge constant income) to be able to get near the zombies production
,thanks. Did you try using your Pylons also as defence? Their 'permanent immolation' (Radiation) damage units around them, making them effective against meleers. Build about 2 in front of your energy cannons or around marines and you should do fine. Also note that Protolisks cannot be zombinized (don't know if that is a real word :p).