• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Secrets of Taya

174429-albums6120-picture67672.png
174429-albums6120-picture67670.png
174429-albums6120-picture68149.png

- Tranquil
- Judash - Khil
- UgoUgo

update (8.5.2013)
camera fixes, cinematic wait removed, spells added to new boss
update (9.5.2013)
onDeath camera fixed, warrior's sweeping slices replaced with bloodthirst (single target), maybe fixed abilities of naga caster.

Keywords:
rpg, pvp, world, heroes, action
Contents

Secrets of Taya (Map)

Reviews
22:23, 28th Apr 2013 Orcnet: another spectacular role play map that needs to be loved by all with cool systems, quests and wonderful to spot on! although you need to make up the quest menu's in-game cosmetics by giving info on changelogs, updates...

M

22:23, 28th Apr 2013
Orcnet: another spectacular role play map that needs to be loved by all with cool systems, quests and wonderful to spot on! although you need to make up the quest menu's in-game cosmetics by giving info on changelogs, updates, and credits

Level 30
hello there, this is a good map however beta maps are not allowed being uploaded here in the map section, but since you need help some users can get into testing and reply with feed back and stuff by redirecting your work here in the Map Developement thread

and once you have done working the alpha release, just simply click the
update.gif
button and vm me so I can retest it again, good luck :)

p.s I will hid this in the rejection section to give you time in the development thread

EDIT: map updated

Last edited:
Level 14
His comment is 12 days old, but waiting is always better option.

It is April 15. and i am going to update map soon, version 1.0.
First chapter is done.
I will reveal just a little bit of chapter two that will come with versions above 1, not so soon...

Both factions are going to unite, and fight rising darkness together. Because i am going to make it as hard as 250 Kg ~ 500 pounds :)

Forgot to say that many warnings, quest and other kinds of messages will be displayed only to you. So count that your friends have not seen it.

Last edited:
Level 5
Great map for just being in its beta stages! Excellent terrain as usual from Sir_Astral, and fantastic atmosphere; very lively like. Can't wait for further updates including quest and maybe terrain expansion!

I rate this map a [color=green1]5/5[/color] and [color=green1]+rep[/color].

Level 14
Dunno what to say, thank you for your kinds words :)

Terrain, yea i have terraining problems :/ I have got some doodads imported, pretty nice ones, but hardly find time to place them somewhere and when i get some time i forget about it. Snowy mountain :) i started remaking it, and i just stopped :/ these castles need to be built up and some snowy mounds but.... eh beh, there is more snow if you check second knight's video, or even more snow if you check it ingame.

Once i push my self back to this map, i will change this terrain and add more terrain that will contain one big city for all 6 players.
Also it will be good to mention, that these statistics are not updated, i forgot to recount all stuff i added but its not over 20% of what is written.

Yam, totally forgot about credits, i should do that indeed. I will try to find some time these days to give credits in game.

However, i hope you will enjoy playing this map, otherwise i will have to add some music too :/

Level 6
I've downloaded yesterday and tested three times and can say that I love this project. Once i've dream to make a map like this, but i've have no idea how to begin.

Some bugs:
Terrain: Pretty good, but have some errors. Cloverhold and Earthsong players have chance to see the area were bosses are, just at the beginin of the game... one of my friends detected that some pathing blockers are missing.

Suggestions:
1- Game are really nice, but some people have no time to expend 2 hours playing just one map. So, maybe if you use different modes (normal and fast) for those peoples.
2- The mana has protagonic role in this map. Some heroes use more than others and have no fountain at the starting town. Ingredients for mana potions are far to reach it.
3- Need a level indicator for heroes spells. To see the progress and the max level for buyit.
4- For candyeye people, the quest givers always use and indicator over his head. Can you make visible for independient players and when they buy the quest, the ! icon dessapear? This will avoid that players be confused.
5- Lastly, when you join a guild, can make shared vision with the half town you shoose?

My ratting is 4/5

Level 28
From a single-player point of view:

Really good terrain (though the minimap only shows big expanses of flat color).
The texts need a lot of reviewing, especially for the quests. As is, it's barely understandable.
Some pathing problems: On entering the Firelord's cavern, there was a child in the unreachable wall.
Some creeps are asleep when they really shouldn't be (the trolls inside the temple, for instance).
What happens to equipped items when you click on another one while it's in the inventory? The new item stays in the inventory and I get a message that I already have a weapon/armor/whatever, but the one I'm wearing seems to disappear.
Some kind of update during the quest would be good, not to mention a more detailed explanation (i.e., the Banished Shaman never tells you to go kill frostwitches, and the fact that they automatically give you the essence appears nowhere).

I'd give this a 3.5, 3.8 out of 5. It's obvious a lot of effort has gone into this, but it still needs more.

Also, stuck on the last part of the temple with the two switches. I tried weighing them down with items, but that didn't work.

Level 14
Cloverhold and Earthsong players have chance to see the area were bosses are, just at the beginin of the game... one of my friends detected that some pathing blockers are missing.
Ok, bounds get messed up because of camera angle, that should be easy to fix. I will check blockers, i have connected villages in like 30 minutes so i probably messed something up.

Suggestions:
So, maybe if you use different modes (normal and fast) for those peoples.
Cannot really do that, since it is adventure kind of map, but there are battlegrounds, maybe i should add more of these, so you can start map just to play pvp.

2- The mana has protagonic role in this map. Some heroes use more than others and have no fountain at the starting town. Ingredients for mana potions are far to reach it.
I was certain i moved mana fountain to eastern side of village at earthsong side, and at cloverhold side it remained untouched. But i will check it once more.

3- Need a level indicator for heroes spells. To see the progress and the max level for buyit.
Yes, indeed. I might add more ranks in same blow.

4- For candyeye people, the quest givers always use and indicator over his head. Can you make visible for independient players and when they buy the quest, the ! icon dessapear? This will avoid that players be confused.
Yea it could be done, but i would have to break apart all of my triggers to just add special effects for local players. Since these triggers as they are now are pretty much huge and terrible hard to modify i prefer letting you be confused. Sorry.

5- Lastly, when you join a guild, can make shared vision with the half town you shoose?
Totally forgot to enable vision at that part, i have removed ability to teleport to guild since its very close to egress location. Now guilds do not make much of sense, i should make bonuses more different and add some guild ranks. Since then guilds are not something we should talk about, sorry once again.

What happens to equipped items when you click on another one while it's in the inventory? The new item stays in the inventory and I get a message that I already have a weapon/armor/whatever, but the one I'm wearing seems to disappear.
Some kind of update during the quest would be good, not to mention a more detailed explanation (i.e., the Banished Shaman never tells you to go kill frostwitches, and the fact that they automatically give you the essence appears nowhere).

About items, it never happened to me, so please if you can tell me exactly what item caused that to happen. It would take me lot to discover the problem.

Update on item collected is not easily doable, so to make quests less or more equal all updates are disabled. Except those when you accept or complete quest.
While your current quest progress can be seen by clicking on quest button, it will write you message:
"Fallen priests killed x/6" where x tells you how many you killed so far, same will happen with any other quest. Beside that quest clicks will ping your minimap to location of interest, if quest is completed it will ping to location of npc where you should turn quest in and claim reward.

Yeah, that quest is more about enchanting yourself with watery essence. Since i am not really good at creating quest descriptions thats how it appears to be.

Very well, thanks for commenting.
Be sure to check updated versions, hopefully you will enjoy them better.

Level 14
This shit is coming out of my nose :S

I have fixed some of mentioned, now i am doing spell descriptions and increasing ranks of all spells to 10. Once i finish that i will upload unprotected map and delete warcraft 3, now i seriously had enough of it... Do what ever you like with map. Good luck.

EDIT:

If you take map to edit or expand, please do not forget to use these images(from description) to give credits to people who deserved it.

Last edited:
Level 28
^^ Seriously? That fast?

Anyway, I'm still not sure how the temple door is supposed to open. I eventually used the Warden's charge to hit the visible troll on the other side, and teleport out via egress stone (for some reason, a decomposing corpse was sticking to her like a special effect, teleporting removed it).

Also, not sure what you're supposed to do after talking to Mitula. I went north as she said, but all I found were spiders. Or is that the end of the game?

Level 4
how to load my hero? lol i tried picking the same hero then using load + my code and nothing happened

Level 1
Played as priestess of storm, reached level 6 and tired of running to the mana fountain all the time -> use return stone from mana fountain -> fatal error -> ...

Level 6
This shit is coming out of my nose :S

I have fixed some of mentioned, now i am doing spell descriptions and increasing ranks of all spells to 10. Once i finish that i will upload unprotected map and delete warcraft 3, now i seriously had enough of it... Do what ever you like with map. Good luck.

EDIT:

If you take map to edit or expand, please do not forget to use these images(from description) to give credits to people who deserved it.

Pitty, almost all Projects that became an open source end dying :( and this is an all-in-one, a very nice map.

Level 1
It's a really nice map with many good ideas, but it still has a lot of things to fix/improve.
- you need to make a F9 with some basic info like commands, credits and map name and version (the first time I played it I had no idea what it was called untill I found it in downloaded maps folder sorted by date)
- repick function
- gnoll house bombing quest gives a bomb only to the 1st player to take the quest, making others unable to finish it
- the guild exp/gold bonus should really be shareable, it's a team rpg after all
- camera rotating should be more precise (as to rotate it by exactly 90 degrees and have the standard wc3 camera), it also resets after death, which is quite annoying
- make paladin's dmg/armor buff last a bit longer, atm it's too short to be really useful for tanking
- it'd be much better if you combined fountains into one and placed it closer to the city exit, as running to them all the time gets boring
- and the most important thing - ERRORS - Darkness, they're really the most annoying thing of this whole map... first I lost 3 hours of playing because of it, then 2 hours when my friend got it... it really made my blood boil

Level 14
quests are individual, i believe i have mentioned before

alright i will add credits and last update ingame, however last update was about adding 1 naga mob level 15 between troll city and northern exit of your own city, near spiders. There also i have setup an entrance of the upcoming dungeon which i doubt i will make

to load your old hero, you have to be same faction as your hero was and type requested string correctly which is just:

+code

no load no quotes nothing but + and code, your load code works only for your account

i will check these fatal errors, but do not expect much of work from me on it

Level 1
What I said was only 1 player gets the bomb, others don't so they can't progress nor finish it. ^^
Also, why give up? It's a good map, very fun to play, it just needs some bug fixing. I and my friends are really looking forward to it. And it's not just me. Look at all the feedback you received in just 1 day.

Level 14
What I said was only 1 player gets the bomb, others don't so they can't progress nor finish it. ^^
I have tested it several times online, now sadly i cannot, but since i didnt touch anything at quests i believe it is working. However by saying that quests are individual i meant that if player wants to acquire and complete quest he has personally to click on quest icon at npc. If it has happened that you acquired quest yourself but did not receive bomb, then we have problem :/
Fatal error bug caused by camera wasnt fixed in last update, but it is in next one that i am going to upload just now.

I have also added something extra on quick, its probably ugly and it is unfinished for sure, but yet it is something new. (it's dungeon and soundtrack for all dungeons)

Level 14
nothing really changed, except that arthas theme will not start upon hitting boss so dungeon soundtrack will keep playing until you leave dungeon. And slightly improved terrain at that new dungeon, added boss unit, model is made by Khil - Judash123 from blizzardModding.info boss still has no spells except that chain wrath, i have to think of some tactics for it before i make her spells. And that boss will require summoning, so there will be quest. Nothing of that is applied :) so update changes were not important.

Level 2
So I have a problem I see that you can save but how can you load ?
i tried after selecting a hero in that 30 minutes window but the code doesn't load nothing.
So please tell me hoe can I load a save char ?
Thx in advance

Level 6
If any mapmaker is reading this and is a fan of the map...

There's an annoying bug with the mage spells. Really my favorite hero but I can't play him because his primary skill is not working... WOuld be probably easy to fix for a mapmaker :D