• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Horde 2.0.6

Matthew Meyer Presents

Rise of the Horde 2.0.6
Created by Matthew Meyer

Map Info:

The Stormreaver Clan, the Bleeding Hollow Clan, and the Twilight's Hammer Clan are planning to reestablish the Horde in Azeroth! You must stop them before they do! Join Alterac and the Alliance Traitors, who are exiled and in hiding, to defeat the Orcs and reestablish your name, reputation, and honor!

Features:

This map features custom units such as ships, Dragons, Ogre Magi, Orc Necrolytes, Paladins, and Mages! This map also features the Mountain Paladin and Ogre Lord custom heroes!

Some else stuff about map:

This is a challenging map!

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:
Deeplord Revenant:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-8-png.460897

Image Description:
Your base:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-1-png.460890

Image Description:
Alterac:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-2-png.460891

Image Description:
Alliance Traitors:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-3-png.460892

Image Description:
Stormreaver Clan:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-4-png.460893

Image Description:
Stromreaver Clan second base:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-5-png.460894

Image Description:
Bleeding Hollow Clan:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-6-png.460895

Image Description:
Twilight's Hammer Clan:

warcraft-3-rise-of-the-horde-2-7-png.460896

Change Log:

Added:
  • Custom Objects
  • Custom Triggers
  • Terrain and Doodad detail

Added:
  • New Attack wave Timing
  • Player 2 Raiders Wave
  • Computer Berserker Strength Upgrade Research Added

Added:
  • Edited Custom Unit Statistics

Added:
  • Gold Mine Amount Adjustments

Added:
  • Gold Mine Amount Adjustments
  • New Triggers

Added:
  • New and Improved Triggers

Added:
  • New and Improved Triggers
  • Peons Harvest Lumber and Gold
  • Two Enemy Transport Drop Off Locations

Added:
  • Fixed Enemy Transport Random Drop Triggers
  • Fixed Enemy Peon Lumber and Gold Harvest Triggers

Added:
  • More Enemy Buildings Added
  • Custom Unit Stat Adjustments

Added:
  • New and Improved Custom Units and Heroes
  • New Ogre and Demolisher Guard Units Added

Added:
  • Improved Triggers
  • Improved Objects

Added:
  • Player 3 Transport Issues Fixed

Added:
  • New Custom Units and Heroes.
  • New Gold Mine Amounts.
  • New Neutral Passive Buildings.

Credits:

Matthew Meyer

Author's notes:

This map is challenging. Utilize your custom units and hero.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Alliance, Horde
Contents

Rise of the Horde 2.0.6 (Map)

Reviews
[2016-04-19] Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:16 / 30Aesthetics:10 / 20Total:26 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Veredict A rather simple map with a fun...

M

[2016-04-19]
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:16 / 30
Aesthetics:10 / 20
Total:26 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Veredict
A rather simple map with a fun concept that works well. Has a few custom units that are fun to use. The terrain has been improved sigificantly from the initial upload, and now looks decent. There are still more things to be done here, but in its current state it is acceptable for approval.

Approved with a rating of 3/5.

01:35, 8th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Update Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
Status has been set to Awaiting Update.

Good job on the gameplay updates!
I also see that you have filled the areas that were epmty before with trees. Good.

However, the terrain has not improved, only changed.
Perhaps we just have different taste, but I do not think it is fitting that the new cliff tile looks like ruins. You should use the other sunken ruins cliff in order to make this look better.

Your doodads wasn't placed very well. I can clearly see that you have used the brush tool and dotted out doodads. Unfortunately you have done so kind of randomly, and I cannot say I think it look better now than before. What I wanted to make you do was to make it look more natural.

I suggest you try to check out a terraining tutorial, as I think you need to improve your skill. I found this one for you. I think it might come in handy as they are covering a similiar area to the one that you might want to create.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/various-terraining-tips-144074/

I did not try out the gameplay again, as it was good enough last time, and according to your changes you have told about, the gameplay has only become better. Well done.

Read a few tutorials, learn and apply to your map, and it can be approved. :)

18:23, 4th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:19 / 30
Aesthetics:3 / 20
Total:22 / 50

Rating Chart
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The concept is nice. It is like a map taken out of a campaing, only difference being a few extra nice features. The waves of orcs coming in is pretty balanced, and I liked the pressure I was under while taking down the first base.

I also like the extra units you added. Although not being a lot it added to the feeling of a much more vast selection of units. You could offer them upgrades too though, as they are can't upgrade anything like most other units.

The game in general was quite fun and absorbing, but a little too simple.
I would like to see perhaps some special event or something like that, to give extra impact on the gameplay, as for now you just need to build a strong army and overthrow your enemies on at a time, which also is quite fun though.

I would add a few item rewards along the way, or other objectives aswell.

The orc frigates are a little brutal. There are too many and they are too strong.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
Your concept with the islands are good, however, there are a lot of things to be done. I would suggest changing the tileset to something else but Loraderon Summer. Perhaps Sunken Ruins or Ashenvale. it is hard to make good-looking islands with the Loraderon environment.

The terrain needs a lift. Right now the only doodads I could find was trees and rocks. The rocks were placed decently in groups by the water, but the trees placement is not good. They stand at strange positions, leaving barren areas behind them.

The only two tiles in the map was grass and dirt. You need to use more of tha available tiles in order to make an appealing terrain. You also need to practice placement of the tiles you have already used, as they are positioned at strange and unntaural positions.

Also, you use a lot of cliffs in your terrain, which is fine. However you can see that you only used the circle tool, and have not been adjusting the cliffs fter that. You could give the msome more love in order to make them more natural. Also, try using the higher/lower tool to make the terrain look moer alive. Right now the terrain consists only of flat plateaus.

The bases could also be updated. Since they are pre-placed, and does not require an AI to build it, you can add doodads to each building to make it look really awesome. You can build stuff like the base in the first mission in the Rexxar campaign, and still make it functioning.

The AI players could have custom names such as "Bonecrusher Clan", "Bloodfang Brother" and "The Teadrinkers" rather than just player 1, player 2, and player 3.

You could change the tooltip of the Naval Peasant to tell the player that the unit only bulds shipyards, while still being able to become a militia etc.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
The first wave of orcs to arrive by boat just stopped for no reason, leaving them standing in my bay without any motives.
This did not occur on my second play though, and it is not a huge issue.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
Terrain will need to improve in order to get this map approved.
Gameplay is fine as it is, but has potential to be improved to something even better.

Set to Awaiting Update.

Level 11
I have fixed the Player 4 Battleship slayed trigger, created, but have not yet added, Orc Cannon Towers, changed Frigate attack type back to normal, allowed Cannon Towers to attack air units, delayed Player 2 Grunt and Frigate production, removed Player 1 shipyard guarding towers, and added upgrade triggers to Player 2. Enjoy!!!

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:19 / 30
Aesthetics:3 / 20
Total:22 / 50

Rating Chart
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The concept is nice. It is like a map taken out of a campaing, only difference being a few extra nice features. The waves of orcs coming in is pretty balanced, and I liked the pressure I was under while taking down the first base.

I also like the extra units you added. Although not being a lot it added to the feeling of a much more vast selection of units. You could offer them upgrades too though, as they are can't upgrade anything like most other units.

The game in general was quite fun and absorbing, but a little too simple.
I would like to see perhaps some special event or something like that, to give extra impact on the gameplay, as for now you just need to build a strong army and overthrow your enemies on at a time, which also is quite fun though.

I would add a few item rewards along the way, or other objectives aswell.

The orc frigates are a little brutal. There are too many and they are too strong.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
Your concept with the islands are good, however, there are a lot of things to be done. I would suggest changing the tileset to something else but Loraderon Summer. Perhaps Sunken Ruins or Ashenvale. it is hard to make good-looking islands with the Loraderon environment.

The terrain needs a lift. Right now the only doodads I could find was trees and rocks. The rocks were placed decently in groups by the water, but the trees placement is not good. They stand at strange positions, leaving barren areas behind them.

The only two tiles in the map was grass and dirt. You need to use more of tha available tiles in order to make an appealing terrain. You also need to practice placement of the tiles you have already used, as they are positioned at strange and unntaural positions.

Also, you use a lot of cliffs in your terrain, which is fine. However you can see that you only used the circle tool, and have not been adjusting the cliffs fter that. You could give the msome more love in order to make them more natural. Also, try using the higher/lower tool to make the terrain look moer alive. Right now the terrain consists only of flat plateaus.

The bases could also be updated. Since they are pre-placed, and does not require an AI to build it, you can add doodads to each building to make it look really awesome. You can build stuff like the base in the first mission in the Rexxar campaign, and still make it functioning.

The AI players could have custom names such as "Bonecrusher Clan", "Bloodfang Brother" and "The Teadrinkers" rather than just player 1, player 2, and player 3.

You could change the tooltip of the Naval Peasant to tell the player that the unit only bulds shipyards, while still being able to become a militia etc.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
The first wave of orcs to arrive by boat just stopped for no reason, leaving them standing in my bay without any motives.
This did not occur on my second play though, and it is not a huge issue.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
Terrain will need to improve in order to get this map approved.
Gameplay is fine as it is, but has potential to be improved to something even better.

Awaiting Update.

Last edited:
Level 26
I'm glad to see your devotion to your project that you are showing by updating it quickly!

However, I won't be checking your map again very soon, as I want to be fair and give all maps in the pending section a moderators comment to work from first. This gives you time to really look into your own map, look at it with sceptic eyes and try to find more things that can be fixed.

One quick thing you can do now:
Add an overview of your map in the description. That might attract more people to try your map out.

Level 11
I'm glad to see your devotion to your project that you are showing by updating it quickly!

However, I won't be checking your map again very soon, as I want to be fair and give all maps in the pending section a moderators comment to work from first. This gives you time to really look into your own map, look at it with sceptic eyes and try to find more things that can be fixed.

One quick thing you can do now:
Add an overview of your map in the description. That might attract more people to try your map out.

Thanks Rufus, I will take another look or two at my map and add an overview in the description.

Last edited:
Level 11
I updated the High Knight name to Dragon Baron in V5.

I added triggers for the default, and new, Player 1 Town Hall and Shipyard locations, in the cases of grunt, frigate, and juggernaut attacks targeting them, in V5.

I added some cattails to my map also in V5.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Update Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
Status has been set to Awaiting Update.

Good job on the gameplay updates!
I also see that you have filled the areas that were epmty before with trees. Good.

However, the terrain has not improved, only changed.
Perhaps we just have different taste, but I do not think it is fitting that the new cliff tile looks like ruins. You should use the other sunken ruins cliff in order to make this look better.

Your doodads wasn't placed very well. I can clearly see that you have used the brush tool and dotted out doodads. Unfortunately you have done so kind of randomly, and I cannot say I think it look better now than before. What I wanted to make you do was to make it look more natural.

I suggest you try to check out a terraining tutorial, as I think you need to improve your skill. I found this one for you. I think it might come in handy as they are covering a similiar area to the one that you might want to create.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/various-terraining-tips-144074/

I did not try out the gameplay again, as it was good enough last time, and according to your changes you have told about, the gameplay has only become better. Well done.

Read a few tutorials, learn and apply to your map, and it can be approved. :)

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:16 / 30
Aesthetics:10 / 20
Total:26 / 50

Rating Chart
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Veredict
A rather simple map with a fun concept that works well. Has a few custom units that are fun to use. The terrain has been improved sigificantly from the initial upload, and now looks decent. There are still more things to be done here, but in its current state it is acceptable for approval.

Approved with a rating of 3/5.

Level 11
I adjusted the map gold mine amounts and triggers in V20. I condensed some training and attacking trigger loops down into one create/attack trigger loop in V20. I also adjusted some enemy wave initializations.