• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Diablo BETA v1.0a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Adol presents

Project Diablo BETA v1.0a
Created by Adol

project_diablo.jpg

Map Info:

Game Type: Dungeon Crawler / RPG
Map Size: Epic
Players: 3-5
Setting: A dark, moody atmosphere

Story:

A group of travelers spoken from an ancient prophecy set foot on a journey to Tristram. There they run into Cain the Elder and discover how much danger the world is in. Now it is up to them to unravel the secret evils across the land and restore peace to the world.

Features:

Dueling System
Bag System
Save/Load
Attributes System

- Unlock powerful abilities and spells!
- 6 floors of dungeon crawling + Hell!
- Find powerful equipment!

3 adept classes to choose from:

Barbarian
Abilities: Shield Bash, Earth Stomp, Throw Axe, Great Leap

Paladin
Abilities: Prayer, Shock, Book of Legends, Guardian of Heaven

Necromancer
Abilities: Summon Skeleton, Book of the Dead, Summon Portal, Unholy

Screenshots:

tristram.jpg

the_butcher.jpg

king_leoric.jpg

attributes.jpg

portal.jpg

Credits:

Created by Adol | Clan Ogre (Ogre Camp), Azeroth - U.S. East

Testers: Tal0n, Exodus, Death_God, tydieguy, zombiezach8, destroylife002, and anyone else I've missed!

Models: The HiveWorkshop, xgm.ru

Author's notes:

This is a stable working version! I've been testing for weeks throughout development with members of my clan.

Make sure you have music/sound turned on in Options!

For the latest official version:
http://www.ogrecamp.com/

^ Submit bug reports in the 'Project Diablo' section.

Also, check here for already known bugs and a list of things to come:
http://www.ogrecamp.com/index.php?topic=2.0

[Map Description Template Created by Kobas]

Keywords:
Project Diablo, Diablo, Blizzard, Adol
Contents

Project Diablo BETA v1.0a (Map)

Reviews
20:20, 22nd Jul 2013 Orcnet: -Kobas-'s review:

M

20:20, 22nd Jul 2013
Orcnet: -Kobas-'s review:

-Kobas-;2385808 said:
Terrain is horrible and map can't be approved before you do something about it.
That's crucial.
Game makes no sense related to real DIABLO I game, if I remember right you go at start into cathedral, there is river on the north and so on...
Hero abilities are common ones with fancy icons.
Game difficulty won't be equal to number of players.
Your custom inventory system is really bad, slow, bothersome and hard to use.

There was nothing unique about your map that could impress me.

Level 3
What?! This looks awesome!

Please add screenshots and credits!

Play it with some of your friends!

I've kept this project on the down low for the longest time, just testing with clan members. I've finally put together a stable version of the game, and here it is.

I'll be adding things here and there to the description over time. A full list of credits will be added at some point. I'll add screenshots too.

Last edited:
Is this an exact replica of Diablo II? The starting village looks really familiar. I haven't played it in years. Sounds are great! Attribute bonus gave unlimited bonuses. Bag was cool! I couldn't get out of the town though even after talking with Cain. I remembered why I didn't like diablo as much, lol. I always got stuck and nothing happened for hours. Maybe dungeon crawlers are not my thing. Also, an equipment system would be awesome in this game. You know, like when you can see the item in the models hand. It would really a shame to have this map rejected for lack of a description. People will really like it.

Check out the top 3 on the list.

Oh and the Diablo UI List of custom UIs

Last edited:
Level 3
Is this an exact replica of Diablo II? The starting village looks really familiar. I haven't played it in years. Sounds are great! Attribute bonus gave unlimited bonuses. Bag was cool! I couldn't get out of the town though even after talking with Cain. I remembered why I didn't like diablo as much, lol. I always got stuck and nothing happened for hours. Maybe dungeon crawlers are not my thing. Also, an equipment system would be awesome in this game. You know, like when you can see the item in the models hand. It would really a shame to have this map rejected for lack of a description. People will really like it.

Check out the top 3 on the list.

Oh and the Diablo UI List of custom UIs

This game is mainly D1 influenced. But yeah, there are a lot of D2 aspects as well. Like the classes, etc. But I've added a lot of twists from my own imagination as well.

You need to talk to Cain twice. He'll tell you to take a look around town first, then you need to return to him in a bit to grab your first real Quest. Then you can leave Tristram.

The attributes you set with F2 will only register if you have Attribute Points. Yes, you can use the abilities to set the attributes an infinite amount of times, but nothing will register unless you have available Attribute Points.

I actually made a few edits and updated the download link. You weren't supposed to have full view of the entire map. :X And a few other things. So please update your Download folder with the new version!

Level 3
You should fix that typo of your map. It's not AOS but RPG.

Fixed! Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be updating the description soon.

Decent map, but I think the church part lasts too long, maybe there can be some variety?

This game is a dungeon crawler. You're going to spend most of your time there. And if you remember, Diablo was like that too. :grin:

Update: Description updated, and screenshots added!

Last edited:
Level 30
Project Diablo BETA v1.0

Introduction

Played your map and I must say, it nearly has this diablo feeling which is great but it misses something mostly in terrain. Terrain looks really bad: empty and no tile mixng whch makes it better.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Few items but could prove useful in scenario.
  • Challenging enemies which requires tactics to beat them
  • Quests are really good and I like it. Is really descriptive on where to go.
  • Soundtracks or musics used are just really great and gives the diablo feeling
  • Heroes has mixed custom and wc3 skills still once again proved to be useful in their own ways.
. [/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain looks really bad: empty and no tile mixng which makes it actually better.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • I suggest for terrain improvement. I do know you can put something more into it. Raise/Lower the ground so it will not look flat and add some doodads and destructibles into the game to make it more livelier. Also your choice of tile for the plains at the start doesnt fit. It should be more of a Dalaran tile because real diablo 2 terrain has quite a creepy atmosphere.
  • I suggest for more items mostly on items being sold by shops.
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, I enjoyed playing the game together with DivineLight but we agreed with each other that terrain needs alot of improvements. Good luck!

Rating: 3/5
Vote: Approval
Reward: +4 REP

Level 30
Oh yes, would also like to state that the boss named Archbishop Lazarus is quite imba. I played with Divine Light which is the user in my upper corner. ANd we notice this boss to awlays spam his Flame Strike which awlays kill us in any second and also the teleportation is kind of annoying that adds up to this. SO my suggestion into this is:

• Make the boss's Flame Strike ability dont cover all of the battlefield's AOE, you should give chance to heroes to dodge it.
  • Dont make the boss use his teleportation skill frequently.

Level 13
suggestions:
  • make the boss's Flame Strike ability at least 1000 AoE, and reduce the damage.. he's too powerful..
  • give the boss's teleportation a cooldown.. maybe 20 seconds, if you want to make the players hard to defeat him, 10 seconds..
this map is good, i enjoyed playing the game together with Hell_Master (user in my upper corner) even he's sometimes annoying ~.~"
my opinion is this map could be better..

so 3/5.. vote for approval
and +Rep

Level 3
suggestions:
  • make the boss's Flame Strike ability at least 1000 AoE, and reduce the damage.. he's too powerful..
  • give the boss's teleportation a cooldown.. maybe 20 seconds, if you want to make the players hard to defeat him, 10 seconds..
this map is good, i enjoyed playing the game together with Hell_Master (user in my upper corner) even he's sometimes annoying ~.~"
my opinion is this map could be better..

so 3/5.. vote for approval
and +Rep

Oh yes, would also like to state that the boss named Archbishop Lazarus is quite imba. I played with Divine Light which is the user in my upper corner. ANd we notice this boss to awlays spam his Flame Strike which awlays kill us in any second and also the teleportation is kind of annoying that adds up to this. SO my suggestion into this is:

• Make the boss's Flame Strike ability dont cover all of the battlefield's AOE, you should give chance to heroes to dodge it.
  • Dont make the boss use his teleportation skill frequently.

A little hint. Buy the Fire Protection ring from Wirt, then you'll stand a fighting chance. :wink: No fixing necessary here.

Project Diablo BETA v1.0

Introduction

Played your map and I must say, it nearly has this diablo feeling which is great but it misses something mostly in terrain. Terrain looks really bad: empty and no tile mixng whch makes it better.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab=[COLOR=Lime]Good Points:[/COLOR]]
  • Few items but could prove useful in scenario.
  • Challenging enemies which requires tactics to beat them
  • Quests are really good and I like it. Is really descriptive on where to go.
  • Soundtracks or musics used are just really great and gives the diablo feeling
  • Heroes has mixed custom and wc3 skills still once again proved to be useful in their own ways.
. [/tab]

[tab=[COLOR=Red]Bad Points:[/COLOR]]
  • Terrain looks really bad: empty and no tile mixng which makes it actually better.
[/tab]

[tab=[COLOR=White]Suggestions:[/COLOR]]
  • I suggest for terrain improvement. I do know you can put something more into it. Raise/Lower the ground so it will not look flat and add some doodads and destructibles into the game to make it more livelier. Also your choice of tile for the plains at the start doesnt fit. It should be more of a Dalaran tile because real diablo 2 terrain has quite a creepy atmosphere.
  • I suggest for more items mostly on items being sold by shops.
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, I enjoyed playing the game together with DivineLight but we agreed with each other that terrain needs alot of improvements. Good luck!

Rating: 3/5
Vote: Approval
Reward: +4 REP

Wow, thanks for the in depth review! I'll look into what you suggested. I understand the terrain being too "flat", and will improve on it. And yeah, I understand Griswold not selling enough equipment. I don't know what else to put up for sale. Those were just supposed to be starting equipment to help you get going. :)

Last edited:
Terrain is horrible and map can't be approved before you do something about it.
That's crucial.
Game makes no sense related to real DIABLO I game, if I remember right you go at start into cathedral, there is river on the north and so on...
Hero abilities are common ones with fancy icons.
Game difficulty won't be equal to number of players.
Your custom inventory system is really bad, slow, bothersome and hard to use.

There was nothing unique about your map that could impress me.

Kobas it is a good map, and even though it is a complete map. He is still working on it very hard to make it even better. I thought it was nice. Besides it has a good gameplay. Terrain is not crucial in any way. It is something to make stuff look pretty after the game is completed to work on it.

If you think terrain is so important then why is the MMORPG EverQuest so famous and people love it so much?
(It had bad terrain, but nobody cared for that. )

On-topic;
Keep working hard Adol =) Tho the terrain could use some work. As in different lighting for different area's maybe more special effects.

Level 2
Im glad to see Diablo fans make maps ! Here are some feedback :
-The Church does not make sense to me . WTF a huge/deep Church full of monsters is displayed as a small house , and if its full of monsters like that why shouldnt it be placed outside of the village (like Graveyard where Bloodraven lives) ? (I imagine) what if all those skeletons and bosses attack at the same time so the door (which is meant to be only opened by the key cain gives) cant hold ? I know there was a dungeon in D1 but in this map I think it makes no sense .
-The gameplay depends too much on a necromancer with his portal (maybe even more in the future when the map is a lot bigger) . Why dont we make it a scroll so that all char can use , like we did in all D1 D2 and D3 ?
-The stat putting is quite annoying with cooldown . I wonder why there is a cooldown and a casting time that doesnt allow to put points in other stat while its casting (1s or 2s) .
-Why dont we make it able to share Blue (rare) and yellow (unique) items ? At first time I and my friend were quite annoied when I play Necromancer and picked the blue spear (i forgot the name) which is for fighter char in the first level of the church , after that my friend picked 2 items in a row , which gives fire and cold damage that doesnt stack with each other .

Level 2
Very nice map, the music it's just like the one from Diablo II overall it's a very beatufull map but my question is why cant we drop the items from dungeon and the seller from town? Maybe you can add a system with destroy and the number of the slot or something because you cant get to be powerful with the sword from cain and other items from dng like talisman with +4 all stats. Please think about this sugestion and I will w8 your reply.
You could add description for items before picking them up or restriction for classes and maybe add a town portal item so you dont have to go to town through every dng lvl.
Just some ideas.

Level 1
I loved the map, loved the music and this diablo feel. The terrain ain't that bad for me but I agree that improving it might make the game much greater. But I have some features in mind that maybe should be changed like :

1 The ability to drop/share unique/rare items
2 Better Inventory, the actual one ain't really that bad but a bigger and more accessible one would improve game play
3 Rework/ Add more spells like for me I would like the barbarian to have a passive spell (Natural Resistance, Increased Speed and such same like d2)
4 Poison should have a limited time
5 More items

Well hope your map get approved, even though I had some requests, I find it awesome overall, it was really fun to play with my friends :)

Level 6
Greetings
Hey I played this map after 10 years!
Still bad as always, though. Now the items in the inventory can't be dropped. And what's the purpose of gates of hell if you can't really build it anywhere?
it's a decent map, but be prepared to be picky with your items, because you can't drop them MUAHAHAHAHAHA!