• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Peasant War v.3g

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Peasant War

Description
The game takes place at a small forest in Lordaeron. It has a beautiful landscape and full of life. Some how a bunch of peasants got there. The game is simple, a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 4 players will start with 5 peasants each. Every 2 seconds, only one peasant will spawn. There are 3 types of Peasants, normal, Holy Peasant, and Berserk Peasant. You will only spawn the normal Peasant. Gather untill you are satisfied with the amount of peasants you have and order them to attack the other player's base. Killing peasants will give you 5 gold per kill. Use the gold to upgrade your Farm,which increases the amount of peasant you can sustain or use it to research upgrades for your peasants. Weak alone, but strong in numbers, the peasants can outnumber any enemy. There are wolves in the middle of the map. Every 1 minute the wolves will randomly attack random places in the map at once so be prepared. The concept of this game is not strength,but numbers.Now command your peasants and dominate your enemies!Ready to Work!!!

v.2c
-Removed unused regions.
-Added a few doodads.
-Edited some terrain.

v.2d
-Added a Time system.
-Increased trees size.
-Fixed some bugs.
-Farm now have custom model when upgraded.

v.3
-Added BOTs NOT AI's.(I did not use AI scripts,instead I used triggers)
-Added animated doodads(Grass,Thx HappyTauren)
-Added Map Info contents.
-Removed the Time System :O..I'll re-add it at newer versions.(I'm not focusing on it...yet)

v.3c
-Added loooots of stuff.

v.3d
-Fixed SOME bugs. I think it will be more stable now.
-Added more doodads and critters. Also edited the terrain.
-Added the Auto Turn On/Off ability to allow to train other peasants easier.

v.3e
-Added upgrades for Peasants.
-Added new critters.
-Fixed the icons.
-Fixed only a few leaks.
-Added a little features.

v.3f
-Fixed a few more leaks.
-Added new upgrades.
-Fixed a critical bug.

Special Thanks to:-

Vengeancekael - A million thanks to him for helping in the triggering.(And for his rejection)
Commudus - Map testing.

Other credits are in the Map Info.

Keywords:
Peasant, War
Contents

Peasant War v.3g (Map)

Reviews
08:53, 30th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected 10th september 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected There are still leaks in the folders Misc Command, Creeps, BOT, BOT triggers. The idea is really too simple and the game can get boring...

M

08:53, 30th Aug 2011
-Kobas-:

10th september 2011
Vengeancekael:

There are still leaks in the folders Misc Command, Creeps, BOT, BOT triggers.

The idea is really too simple and the game can get boring after a few minutes. Overall it doesn't have any unique features or gameplay systems.
The terrain could also use some grass (maybe animated grass).
The map is acceptable, however it will stay rejected until all of the leaks are destroyed.
Also, list everyone under credits here and put some screenshots in the description.
A preview image wouldn't hurt either:
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Contact Me once you've updated the map

Level 2
Hold on...I'll refix everything right now.I'll reupload the map afterwards.

EDIT:We'll I did my best and the best,I did.I hope this will make it better and also 'unbreak' the rules.BTW it's not a melee map...
I'll edit my descriptions and make it look better soon.Also,I'll add changelogs,maybe some screenshots and a preview picture.

Thx Vengeancekael.

Last edited:
Welcome to Peasant War!Command your peasants to conquer other peasants :D.The fully playable PW will be coming out soon. -8/12/2011
Would look better if it was like this:
Welcome to Peasant War! Command your peasants to conquer other peasants! The fully playable PW will be coming out soon. -8/12/2011
You could also use a tool like Quick Colorizer to add colors to the map's ingame description.

These 3 triggers could be merged into one:
  • Gold Bounty
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 3 (Teal)
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 4 (Purple)
  • Starting Gold
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 50
      • Player - Set Player 2 (Blue) Current gold to 50
      • Player - Set Player 3 (Teal) Current gold to 50
      • Player - Set Player 4 (Purple) Current gold to 50
  • Vision
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 2 (Blue) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 3 (Teal) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 4 (Purple) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Visibility - Disable fog of war
->
  • Gold Bounty
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 3 (Teal)
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 4 (Purple)
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 50
      • Player - Set Player 2 (Blue) Current gold to 50
      • Player - Set Player 3 (Teal) Current gold to 50
      • Player - Set Player 4 (Purple) Current gold to 50
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 2 (Blue) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 3 (Teal) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 4 (Purple) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
Even better:
  • Gold Bounty
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Picked player)
          • Player - Set (Picked player) Current gold to 50
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)

• Player2Status
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to None
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 2 (Blue) at (Position of Spawner 0012 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
There's a leak in that trigger, which will eventually cause the map to lag.
In order to fix it you need to store the position of Spawner 0012 in a variable, then create 5 peasents at the variable's value and then clear the variable, thus deleting the leak:
  • Player2Status
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to None
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of Spawner 0012 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 2 (Blue) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
You should merge all of the spawning triggers into one trigger and remove any other point leak.
There are a lot of other things you can improve in your triggers, but it's always the problems noted above, so you should know what to do with the rest of the triggers.

The map's terrain doesn't look good, animated grass doodads would be nice, some custom tree models, a river maybe, some lighting, ...
The map's gameplay is also pretty simple, maybe add a way to upgrade your peasents, so that they eventually become knights or something.

Oh and you need to add triggers which will finally end the map when a player achieves victory. I'll be telling you how to soon.

Level 2
Nice one.

Great, I spent nearly half of my day to FIX this map everyday and all I get is another reject from you.

I can add more features and random event, that's fine... but destroying leaks.. I'm not good at that. That is why I go around asking people for help in triggering problems like you stated, Leaks. I really need someone to SHOW an example or some sort. Maybe a video or just a simple tutorial and I will work as hard as I can to fix the problem. How is a man gonna fish without knowledge?.

Last edited: