• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paranoia

a_26_d2e82b92.png

Features:

Save & Load system
Interact system
Player AI (Bot Support)
4 Game modes (Campaign, Versus, Survival and Infestation)
Over different 40 items
100% changed layout of WarCraft 3
5 different soundtracks

Weapons:

AA-12
AK-74M
AKS-74
Combat Knife
Double Barrel Shotgun
Flamethrower
Glock 17
Groza
M134
M32
MP5
Nightstick
RPG-7
RPK-74
Revolver ME 38
SPAS-12
Sledge Hammer
Stechkin APS
VAL

Equipment:

Adrenaline Syringe
Ammo Bag
Ballistic face shield
Bomber Suit
Bomber face shield
Combat Gasmask
Commando Beret
C4
First aid kit
Gasmask
Grenade
Landmine
Laserpointer Attachment
Medical Bag
Night Vision Goggles
Painkiller
Signal Flare
Support Radio Device
Tactical Helmet
XM214 Turret

Game Modes:

127532-albums4408-picture61764.png

Campaign:

You will play the role of one from four russian officers of the secret service. Your first impression is that this mission will be just like any other, but you really have no idea what nightmarish future events have in store for you...

127532-albums4408-picture61762.png

Versus:

Two of the officers from the Spetsnaz encounter a small group of terrorists while advancing through Sector 0. A firefight ensures, but who will ultimately gain control of the sector?

127532-albums4408-picture61763.png

Survival:

While searching for the Data Core, the Delta Squad took a wrong turn, and ended up in a heavily infested Sector 0. You will play the role of one from four terrorists from the Delta Team to fight for your survival.

127532-albums4408-picture61760.png

Infestation:

You will play the role of one from four scientists protecting Doctor Galina while she tries to save the other files in the Data Core, but some of you have already been infected. Will she save the files in time?

Support Art:

Signature:

Use our offical Warcraft III Paranoia signature in order to spread the word about this project.
HTML:
[URL=http://62.141.37.29/paranoia/[IMG]http://62.141.37.29/a_21_49ad1546.gif[/IMG][/URL]

a_9_c9b0b2bf.png
a_20_352fd63b.png
a_17_e25297db.png
a_24_f08b1237.png
a_10_625e7cb3.png
a_11_838496a7.png
a_19_b087c889.png

a_12_35d18594.png
a_13_881e9a5c.png
a_14_227e7f41.png
a_15_afc9ed84.png
a_18_b07de288.png
a_28_c3d5461f.png
a_16_ed697c15.png

Screenshots (Outdated)

Screenshot_Preview_1.png

Screenshot_Preview_2.png

Screenshot_Preview_3.png

Screenshot_Preview_4.png

Screenshot_Preview_5.png

Screenshot_Preview_6.png

Screenshot_Preview_7.png

Screenshot_Preview_8.png

Changelog

Version 1.0 Beta:

Released.

Version 1.1 Beta:

Coming soon.

Version 1.2 Beta:

Coming soon.

Warcraft III Paranoia Developers:

Grievous1 (Leader/3D Art/2D Art/Terrain/Writer)
Modox (Co. Leader/Coder)
Pkw (Animator)

Credits:

Slot
M0rbid
Half Life 1 Paranoia Team (Specialy Buzzer)

Community:

Requirements & Information:

127532-albums3853-picture61783.png

Map Version: 1.0 Beta
Map Size: 192x192
Map Player Limit: 4
Map Filesize: 8mb
Map Language: English

Requires the latest version of WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne (1.26 or higher) and high graphic settings or you might encounter graphic bugs.

★ Required WarCraft 3 Addon: The Frozen Throne
★ Required WarCraft 3 Version: 1.26
★ Required WarCraft 3 Graphical Settings: Medium or High
★ Required WarCraft 3 Lightning Settings: Medium or High
★ Required WarCraft 3 Spell Settings: Medium or High

This map is protected! Please don't edit or export files of it. Thank you very much. :)
© Copyright 2012 WarCraft 3 Paranoia

Keywords:
Paranoia, Dark, Action, Tactic, Soldiers, Modern Warfare, Zombies, Survival, Campaign, Infected, Infestation, Shooter, Defense, Versus, Mutants
Contents

PARANOIA (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/01 16:36:10 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment:bowser's gonna kill me for rating this first, but oh well, I'll get away with it!!!!! Anyway, check my post in Staff Contact. [tr]Highly...
Level 10
First impression (campaign mode): Amazing work!

The models, UI, icons are awesome, the music theme and the sound/lightning effects are really creating a mysterious ambiance. Dialogues are realistic and well written, even when you try to leave a zone too early. Ally AI is actually intelligent: allies don't simply follow you and act stupid. There's a considerable amount of weapons and equipment, in conclusion: fantastic!

I may have 2 small suggestions since everything is so well executed;
reduce time between dialogues, it's a bit too long in my opinion and you could replace the instant death when you enter the green gas by some high damage per second so the player has the time to turn back.

Rating: 5/5

Level 14
The first version Whispers in the Dark, was hard and interesting.

Whispers in the dark sucks like the most of my work. I know it already... if you search for something hard in paranoia try the survival mode after 10 waves you will understand what I mean but like I said its a beta so your review is pretty unfair to me but maybe you just hate me.

at Xtrheo: I will look into your suggestions thank you very much for playing it. :) +rep

Level 24
Just downloaded the map and played the singleplayer campaign for a bit (really just to check out whether my PC would lag or not) and my impression of the map thus far is positive. I'll refrain from posting any actual comments though, until I've properly tested the map. I'll update this post with a review once the time for that comes.

Hmmmm.... not too bad of a map, but not one of the best. There just isn't enough to do. However how much effort you guys spent on this I will give it a 3.5/5 (4/5). I would suggest another mode or something to make use of more stuff like cars or helicopters (a driving or flying system combined with the ability to walk through a city full of zombies would make it a lot more enjoyable I think), can't really think of anything else currently besides its up to you guys and everyone else who supports to give idea's.

It would be nice if you didn't keep everything to yourselves since it is just Wc3 and share resources and maps when left undone or completed, but it isn't my place to say anything besides it only hinders the people who lack the ability to look inside the mpq which is mostly everyone else who needs help to make better stuff. Only my opinion.

Good job on this and previous projects of yours. Just not enough to hold my attention sadly, but I really enjoyed it the first couple tries I played.

Level 14
Hmmmm.... not too bad of a map, but not one of the best. There just isn't enough to do. However how much effort you guys spent on this I will give it a 4/5. I would suggest another mode or something to make use of more stuff like cars or helicopters, can't really think of anything else currently besides its up to you guys and everyone else who supports to give idea's.

It would be nice if you didn't keep everything to yourselves since it is just Wc3 and share resources and maps when left undone or completed, but it isn't my place to say anything.

Good job on this and previous projects of yours. Just not enough to hold my attention sadly.

Thanks anyway. I know this problem its just because it takes so many time to create content and I know that I'm a person who a not able to create a good or perfect gameplay but maybe one day I learned from my mistakes and I hope this day will come soon. But what we can do is add a little bit more content maybe +10 minutes for the campaign mode (because of the filesize limit of 8mb <.< ) and solving bugs and improving the current gameplay. We already got a lot good suggestions and we already working on the new version but it takes a little bit time. So no fear the project is still in beta and isn't dead yet. :) +rep

Level 6
The gameplay was great and nothing like anything else I've played before. Everything was so great in the campaign.

The large giants are indeed strong, however, when they're the only one left standing (on survival), it's quite boring just having run shoot run reload again and again just to end the round.

5/5 still!

Level 7
As for my little review:

Data:
2D Graphics
Icons and textures are well made, deserves being called flawless.​
3D Graphics
Enemy variations were kind of unique as for me (haven't played HL Paranoia however).
Certain animations could be a bit more 'lively' and have a bit more variations, like zombie death animations (for instance).
However I really enjoyed the zombies exploding to pieces when hit by a grenade.​
Audio
Music and sounds are well picked and completely blends into the environment.​

Game:
Combat
Shooting
The shooting itself is alright for this kind of game however it seems to not completely fulfill my taste since the unit has to stop and launch the bullets a little too slow so I can really count them, this goes for the rifle.​
Combat Roll
I find combat roll being too much collision dependent, however it should go through units but stop by destructables (in my opinion).​
Grenades
Grenade explosions seems to be alright, what I dislike a bit is the throw power recognition by spell point distance (you can actually throw it below your feet).​
First-Aid Kits
Completely flawless, the animation and healing effects are pure win (but why the hell only 1 first aid kit per user).​
Movement and Collision
Certain combat areas disappointed me a little due to collision (however that's a limitation of the warcraft engine itself) and bots getting on your way (that especially applies to the area with break-able windows).​
Environmental Hazards
I greatly dislike dying to the gas the moment you enter the area, I would prefer doing a damage over time effect which kills in around 2-3 seconds, that would be a lot more fun than dying immediately.​
Atmosphere
Music and sounds
Music looping seems to be a bit messy, because it is very noticeable and really annoys a bit since it's probably playing most of the time in any combat.​
Lighting
Environmental lighting and flashlight has a great use to the game atmosphere, well done.​
Dialogues and storyline
Storyline is alright, but I guess the duration of dialogues are a bit too long which keeps me waiting when playing the map multiple times in a row (since people read the text before and knows what is going on).​

This mostly applies to the campaign mode and a bit to the map itself.
I hope you get my review the right way, and NEVER listen to everything users tell you to change, discuss the matter with everyone on your team and then act.
Really enjoyed the map itself, well done, Griev, well done... 5/5

Level 5
The mode hard on campaign is buggy, so you can't turn off gas at the begin of the game (when the mutants wake up for the first time) because of a military guy, we can't even kill him, so we can't turn the gas off. And also my friends and me met this military guy 3 times on this hard mode. (otherwise, suicidal mode isn't bugged)
Anyway, it's a great map, you deserve a 5/5

Level 4
I really liked the project, but it has some things that I think should be reviewed:

-as Existas said, Combat Roll is a bit time consuming and is not very effective
-Some animations are robotic, for a map of this level, I think mostly "Walk" must be redone.
-For Single player mode, the partners are somewhat useless, sometimes block your way or do not help in the fight.
-I think that difficulties should be revised.
-No possibility to give commands to its partners in Single Player mode
-No possibility to save on Single Player

What I liked:
-Sound: is very good and worked in the events, units and regions.
-Music: at the time of the battle a heavy soundtrack makes a difference and adrenaline.
-Combat: is well diversified and effective with several possibilities of strategy and commands.
-History: I love story with deformed creatures.
-Terrain: Well planned, space for the fighting and beautiful.
-Units: different animations for each situation.
-Regions: nicely set with sounds, and possibility of interaction with objects.
-Light: lighting used at the right time to generate a better ambiance.
-Models: that's what I really liked, I loved the models of chairs, doors, walls, desks, paper, rusty barrels, I really loved it.

How is Beta, I hope the updated version.

I want these models of objects ô.ô! are very good and perfect for my project u. U!
Release a pack of models Ò.Ó! hehehe ^_^!

sorry my bad english.

Level 14
I really liked the project, but it has some things that I think should be reviewed:

-as Existas said, Combat Roll is a bit time consuming and is not very effective
-Some animations are robotic, for a map of this level, I think mostly "Walk" must be redone.
-For Single player mode, the partners are somewhat useless, sometimes block your way or do not help in the fight.
-I think that difficulties should be revised.
-No possibility to give commands to its partners in Single Player mode
-No possibility to save on Single Player

What I liked:
-Sound: is very good and worked in the events, units and regions.
-Music: at the time of the battle a heavy soundtrack makes a difference and adrenaline.
-Combat: is well diversified and effective with several possibilities of strategy and commands.
-History: I love story with deformed creatures.
-Terrain: Well planned, space for the fighting and beautiful.
-Units: different animations for each situation.
-Regions: nicely set with sounds, and possibility of interaction with objects.
-Light: lighting used at the right time to generate a better ambiance.
-Models: that's what I really liked, I loved the models of chairs, doors, walls, desks, paper, rusty barrels, I really loved it.

How is Beta, I hope the updated version.

I want these models of objects ô.ô! are very good and perfect for my project u. U!
Release a pack of models Ò.Ó! hehehe ^_^!

sorry my bad english.

-True we will see what we can do.

-I think pkw will don't redone them and I think they are good enough for my little map

-I will think about a option to turn off the bots they was just for leavers or if you have not enough people.

-Solved already you can expect it in the next version.

-Its because if its not deactivated you can use cheats in order gain faster levels. But I will rethink about it.

Level 2
Great map!!! I like how detailed the map was made and the concept feels like A horror film.The campaign was very enjoyable but if only it was possible making this into first person with smooth controls to really experiance it.Overall it's A great map and can't wait for more updated releases.

Level 18
at the end they say that they eliminated the brain tree and the operation team who got the terrorists, but inside they said that they must not let the zombies get out (and they get out) and the dude who controlled the operation team (the boss) never appears, so could there be a paranoia 2? :D

pkw

pkw

Level 9
at the end they say that they eliminated the brain tree and the operation team who got the terrorists, but inside they said that they must not let the zombies get out (and they get out) and the dude who controlled the operation team (the boss) never appears, so could there be a paranoia 2? :D

it actually based on the HL mod of paranoia which the player that u play has been seperated from the force but he managed to eliminate the brain tree

Level 14
it actually based on the HL mod of paranoia which the player that u play has been seperated from the force but he managed to eliminate the brain tree

It was just a root of the brain tree but the spetsnaz don't know it the other things are completly correct. I hope we can finish a fight against a brain tree root for the next version. :)

Level 12
Hello ... I need help . I have problem with starting this map . I have imported it into my "maps" folder and then run the map. but it turned me back to select map menu. Is it problem with version? or do i need to put it to another folder? PLEASE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello ... I need help . I have problem with starting this map . I have imported it into my "maps" folder and then run the map. but it turned me back to select map menu. Is it problem with version? or do i need to put it to another folder? PLEASE HELP

Well whenever i download a map i download it to "WarcraftIII\Maps\Download", and i downloaded the map and it worked, my version is 1.24.4.6387, Maybe you have to re-download it

Level 4
I'm BAAAAACKKKK!!!

And I'm very happy to see this released :)

Although I can't play it anymore since I lost my copy of WC 3 (Again)
Still, I'm glad to see this released.

Level 4
Well, I have a late feedback, but I must say it anyway.

In campaign mode. The mission briefing is too long.. I think it must be short on an option, and the speeches and something. And it's so hard to level up! and sometimes the bots doesn't attack. And they seem useless in the middle part (defend the Doctor, and after that! before we can go to the boss, they're dead)

But I like the game, it's just I need real players for real action.. and level up in survival mode. And I like the music and the ADRENALINE SYRINGE!! hahahaha

Just keep improving the game! still rated the game 5/5!

*Sorry for my bad english! I suck sometimes.. :Dz

Hello after few feeks I have checked ur map rly detailed and I was rly immpresed when I saw how many different things ur map have. For excample game mod when zombies attack u and u should protect some doctor to he take some files, I think I got infected and it was so exciting to play with zombies, it rly remind me on game RESIDENT EVIT 5. Rly gj man!