• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

This is the original version of Darky's map. No changes were made and it is not playable with the new version of Warcraft.

IMPORTANT
For those playing on 1.29+ game versions please download BizzaroFukuro's fix in his post here: click
Contents

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon (Campaign)

Reviews
17:13, 26th Mar 2013 Vengeancekael: Fixed version - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2261221-post64.html
Level 4
The RotDFIX version (the one uploaded by Ralle) doesn't really fix the Catacomb side quest from chapter one. And that's why I can't tell you anything besides that, as I again got my progress cleaned ;|

Ok, I've tried again. Chapter 3 and what? When I finally arrived to the end, I was ordered to click on objects to be shown their information... instant crash. Somebody please tell me, what exactly does RotDFIX fix, as this campaign is still NOT playable :( Which is a shame, because it has voice acting and such...

Level 2
Hello,why the campaign is bug at mission 3?,i cant reach any of the teleport crystals can anyone help me out? pls i need to complete the campaign

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Necro-Posted because of this
There is no such thing as reviving threads dedicated for resources.

Check this post (especially the things coloured in white):
There used to be two versions of this campaign here. I joggled with them to get past the bugs.
If you can't play map4 I think the campaign just needs to be opened in world editor and then save it if you are using the campaign file uploaded here. Might have something to do with different version that the campaign was made with.
Try this if something else doesn't work.

I've found these links: Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon скачать and Return of the Dragons - WarCraft 3 - XGM: Gamedev & Modmaking
Russian stuff, so I have no idea what version those are.

You could also try asking this guy how he did it:

Level 3
Does this campaign work with a old patch of the game or it just doesn't at all? Anybody tried it recently?

I always wanted to play return of dragon but never could thanks to that infamous dragon egg bugg at the end of chapter 4.

Level 10
The game immediately crashes right before the prologue ends. Can someone help of a way to play this? I just finished the prequel and I need to play this to find closure to the story.
I have the original version of the game and it is up to date. Is this related to the issue?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The game immediately crashes right before the prologue ends. Can someone help of a way to play this? I just finished the prequel and I need to play this to find closure to the story.
I have the original version of the game and it is up to date. Is this related to the issue?
It worked on 1.27 when I played it. You could try to save the maps on the latest patch. Be sure to shorten the filename to avoid the exit to the campaign menu bug during map transition.
Also see my post here for other issues related to this campaign: Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

Level 10
It worked on 1.27 when I played it. You could try to save the maps on the latest patch. Be sure to shorten the filename to avoid the exit to the campaign menu bug during map transition.
Also see my post here for other issues related to this campaign: Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon
I'm playing on version 1.30.2 and the game crashes with this message during or after the prologue. Can you help me?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 113
Level 13
I'm afraid the patch broke it. It's a JASS problem:
View attachment 312866
I tried saving a map on the latest patch and that's the error I got.
Same on 1.29.2.
If that's the only problem it's an easy fix, just rename that variable local group selection wherever it pops up in that trigger, it's a 5 minute fix at most.

EDIT: Actually... that's weird, that local is declared twice? That would've never compiled even in older versions... is there something wrong with WE's Jasshelper version?
Deleting one of those two variable declarations should still fix it if they're both actually present in the code I guess.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I see. And there is no way to go back to the earlier version 1.27 to play this campaign other than downloading a pirated 1.27 version?
You need Warcraft III CDs if you've bought the game like that before this post 1.27 shenanigans. I mean, instead of pirating. And you can then install the 1.27 patch:
Latest 1.27 patch | HIVE
EDIT: Actually... that's weird, that local is declared twice? That would've never compiled even in older versions... is there something wrong with WE's Jasshelper version?
Deleting one of those two variable declarations should still fix it if they're both actually present in the code I guess.
I don't know JASS. If you can fix it (do what needs to be done and test it, see if it works) then do tell us how to do it or upload a fixed version here so we can replace or add it alongside the original. But, all maps have to be tested that they don't have that or any other error.

Level 13
I don't know JASS. If you can fix it (do what needs to be done and test it, see if it works) then do tell us how to do it or upload a fixed version here so we can replace or add it alongside the original. But, all maps have to be tested that they don't have that or any other error.
I'd love to help, but I'm not on my pc until the holidays end. :(

Level 10
chapter 3 contains a bug that triggers losing the mission for no damn reason at all. Tried reloading times and times again, and it always happen. Look to the uploaded file.
Chapters are soooo unsatisfyingly long, full of massive large flipping creeps that provide an unrewarding experience on Hard difficulty. I'm disappointed.
The music is so annoying and I can't disable it because it's mixed with the sound effects volume! un-ticking Ambient Sounds doesn't disable it either.
Despite all of this, the voice acted conversations were hilarious:ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
chapter 3 contains a bug that triggers losing the mission for no damn reason at all. Tried reloading times and times again, and it always happen. Look to the uploaded file.
I don't remember having come across such an error.
Do a backup of the campaign file you're currently playing on and then replace the non-backup one with each of these and see if the map doesn't bug anymore:

Level 10
I made the fixed version for Warcraft 1.30: [Uploaded in this post]
Basically I opened every map in World Editor and re-saved them, then it prompted some errors in the code, and I fixed them. Also fixed a few other bugs, which were not present in older Warcraft versions.

This is playable with the current Warcraft 1.30.4 version. I tested all maps, got to Chapter 10, everything works.
WARNING: Old bugs are still present, so save frequently and save in different slots!!!

Full list of fixes:
Spells / Metamorphus / Shape Shift Meta
JASS:
local group selection				-->		//local group selection

Spells / Metamorphus / Spawn Egg
JASS:
exitwhen i > 15					-->		exitwhen i > GetBJMaxPlayerSlots()-1

Spells / Nozdramus / Lightning Strike
JASS:
local effect lightning						-->		local effect lightning2
set lightning = GetLastCreatedEffectBJ()	-->		set lightning2 = GetLastCreatedEffectBJ()
call DestroyEffectBJ( lightning )			-->		call DestroyEffectBJ( lightning2 )

Spells / Nozdramus / Charge Up
JASS:
exitwhen i > 15					-->		exitwhen i > GetBJMaxPlayerSlots()-1

Abilities / Goblins / Airstrike
JASS:
// disabled "Airstrike" trigger  (contains usage of old "return bug")
// enabled "Airstrike Copy" trigger

Map 5 / Labyrinth generation script
JASS:
// Removed plus signs for some real arguments, otherwise wasn't compiling, weird
"+3.0" --> "3.0" // etc.

Map 1, Map 3:
JASS:
call DestroyMultiboard(...)

-->

call MultiboardDisplay(..., false) // otherwise the game would crash the next time the interface is shown after cinematic, this is something new in Warcraft 1.30, this 100% didn't happen before.
call DestroyMultiboard(...)

Attachments

• Natures Call - Return of the Dragon (Fixed 16.05.2019).w3n
    102.8 MB · Views: 1,857
Last edited:
Level 3
Great! I can finally play this campaign, i've been trying for years but never could get past the 3° mission glitch on the end cinematic. Thank you very much BizzaroFukuro. :)

I'm on mission 5 right now and i gotta say, the dungeon maps (the one where you are underground) can be really frustating, and not in a fun kind of way. The big level 10 golems can be a really pain in the ass for the two puny level 3/4 inteligent based heroes. The only way i find to kill them is by kiting the bastards straight to some mines.

Other than that, i'm having fun with the campaign so far (there are a lot of bugs but nothing game breaking). The voice actors do a really good job so kudos to them!

Edit: So, i finished the campaign recently and i hate to say it, but the game gets considerably easy in the latter missions (not going to say why for spoilers reasons) and so as a result, less fun and honestly, a bit of a hassle to play.

Of course, it's not fair to criticize a custom campaign that old, but that's how i feel about it gameplay wise. :p It still does some very interesting things for its time so i recommend this campaign for the novelty concept alone!

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi,
I am stuck at level 5 after killing the Magnataur (at the end of the mission).Any clue what should I do?
This campaign is great, I really want to finish it!

I'm, playing with the BizzaroFukuro's version.

Last edited:
Level 2
Great! I can finally play this campaign, i've been trying for years but never could get past the 3° mission glitch on the end cinematic. Thank you very much BizzaroFukuro. :)

I'm on mission 5 right now and i gotta say, the dungeon maps (the one where you are underground) can be really frustating, and not in a fun kind of way. The big level 10 golems can be a really pain in the ass for the two puny level 3/4 inteligent based heroes. The only way i find to kill them is by kiting the bastards straight to some mines.

Other than that, i'm having fun with the campaign so far (there are a lot of bugs but nothing game breaking). The voice actors do a really good job so kudos to them!

Edit: So, i finished the campaign recently and i hate to say it, but the game gets considerably easy in the latter missions (not going to say why for spoilers reasons) and so as a result, less fun and honestly, a bit of a hassle to play.

Of course, it's not fair to criticize a custom campaign that old, but that's how i feel about it gameplay wise. :p It still does some very interesting things for its time so i recommend this campaign for the novelty concept alone!

Hi Maltazar,
could you please provide me a a save file to play in the campaign after mission 5 or a way to advance? I have done again mission 5 and I'm stuck at the end. I reach Northrend and then I crash...

Level 3
Hi Maltazar,
could you please provide me a a save file to play in the campaign after mission 5 or a way to advance? I have done again mission 5 and I'm stuck at the end. I reach Northrend and then I crash...

Hey man, sorry for the late response. :)

Unfortunately i no longer have any of my save files for this particularly campaign.

Level 2
hey can you tell me what do i exactly do step by step for this campaign to work? and where do i download it from, i have 1.26 and 1.27 wc3

Level 2
but what are people talking about that the campaign is unplayable and bugged and crashing especially on the egg event?
i did not try it yet but i played another campaign from that author called "war of corruption" and it was very awesome in where i hadnt encountered any bug and im currently on the last chapter but didnt play it yet so i assume this campaign should also be great, for the case of this campaign i read comments and you were the only one writing a positive one that the campaign did work fine so i thought there are some stuffs that i need to do in order to make this campaign work thats why i quoted you