• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountain Hammer's Last Stand 1.8

Reactions: Vengeancekael
♦ Siege of Mountain Hammer 1.8 ♦

By Uklabokalala

Gameplay
[tr]
In a huge crater made from a red alien comet, thrives a Dwarven Stronghold led by the fair king Mountain Hammer. To power his stronghold he uses the comet's energy for heat and to help grow food. The city is a wonderful place to live where only the lower class dwarves suffer outside the walls. Humans, who have been in a bloody conflict with the orcs, goblins, and undead have finally fallen. The last human city fell and the rest of the survivors have retreated far into the snowy mountains to reach Mountain Hammer's stronghold. The king allowed them to have temporary stay at his city. But the humans only brought death, and army of orcs, goblins, and undead gather at the cities walls and begin a siege. The dwarves call upon the elves to help because even with human help, the dwarves know they are doomed. The battle now decides if the most powerful dwarves die and the last of the humans die, or the orcs, goblins, and undead will suffer heavy casualties.

This is a siege map where elves, dwarves, and humans defend a dwarven stronghold from the invading orcs, goblins, and undead. Each will all have custom units and be mostly equal. To win the invaders need to wipe out all the bases and kill Mountain Hammer who is a powerful warrior. For the defenders to win, they can hold out for one whole hour, or go offensive and wipe out the invading camps.

Screenshots
[tr]
241022-albums8225-picture99295.png

241022-albums8225-picture99297.png

241022-albums8225-picture99296.png

241022-albums8225-picture98902.png

Features
[tr]
Huge armies
Six races
Huge monsters
Forty Minutes of max gameplay
Dwarves!

Credits
[tr]
Uklabokalala, Ardenian, JenkovAA, KILLCIDE, Models: Callahan, Sellenisko, Mike, Horn, HandCLAW, mapper, Just_Spectating, Direfury, ivik, General Frank, Forgotten_Warlord, Tranquil, IamMclovin, Wandering Soul, Radagast, Fingolfin, levigeorge1617, AndrewOverload519, Kuhneghetz, skymarshall, Alpain, Hayate, Em!, Wandering Soul, Ket, AhhFreshWeeD, Icons: Marcos DAB, GhostThruster, Mr.Goblin, Tenebrae, Horn, Pins, Sin'dorei300, Juice_F, Kuhneghetz, Lelling, NFWar, Hayate, -Berz-, CloudWolf

Changelog
[tr]
1.1- Reduced File size,
1.2- Made a second way into the stronghold,
1.3- Nerfed the dragons, big units now cost ten food, undead made better, new sapper conditions (opens a gate, no longer ends game), added mana for dragons, added more undead units. (Update helped balance the map.),
1.4- Added Glacier Decorations and some rocks, fixed a dragon trigger,
1.5- changed the ghoul's, skeletal warrior, and skeletal orcs stats, changed most units tool tips, added items to search for, added more monsters,
1.6- Lowered Human damage to make them more balanced due to their high armour, undead archers made smaller, Minotaur made less overpowered by lowering damage and health due to their great power to rush,
1.7- all ranged units now have a longer range, the gates have been re sized to be bigger and easier to get armies through, fixed gate not dying, added minimap preview,
1.8- Added a new spell to the Elves hero, added a new Group control Spell to help lead armies, reduced lag problems, food limit raised, human formation fixed, spells removed from Minotaur due to it's over-powered state (Except Roar), increased cost to change a villager to a Shield Breaker from ten gold to eighty.
► Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Dwarves, armies, war, orcs, goblins, giants, dragons, massive
Contents

Mountain Hammer's Last Stand 1.8 (Map)

Reviews
Shadow Fury: Well, there are no more bugs, the map follows all rules and it provides an enjoyable gameplay so I don't see why not approving it. Rated 3/5

M

Shadow Fury: Well, there are no more bugs, the map follows all rules and it provides an enjoyable gameplay so I don't see why not approving it. Rated 3/5

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It reminds me a lot of Helms Deep maps.
The fact that you only clash big armies on another is enjoyable, well, once.

There are many little issues, I can tell with no advanced review it is a 'Awaiting Update', as there are so many little issues. There is one or another tooltip missing, players can hardly build buildings ( invaders), the gameplay is just, as I already said, clashing armies against a fortress.
You could think about creating custom tooltips instead of replacing already existing models with new models, but not changing any tooltips.
As Chaosy said, tile variation is fine, but the map could profit from some doodads.

Level 10
Okay, so i have no idea how to satisfy your needs. This map has items scattered, creatures, few events, and ways to counter act certain things. So i can't find any way to make the game play more exciting.
When i play it with my friends, we think out of the box and control the armies with hotkeys. During our games, they have armies charging the gate, while heroes get items and become amazing warriors, and during that some teams are collecting troops to fly over the wall to loosen the army at the gate, then dragons are being hired, and a lot more things are happening at once.
What I'm trying to say is that i don't see how to improve it. We love this map and we have very confusing and fast paced battles. If you have ideas to make it better, please tell me, i am open to ideas.
I see how you might see it's just a charge against the fortress, but one last time, think out of the box. And by the way, i don't understand how the tool tips are the same and how the invaders can't build things. If you ever want to build structures, make a front line base.
Sorry if this comment seemed a little rude or angry on my part. I just want to make you guys happy, I just don't see how.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Okay, so i have no idea how to satisfy your needs
I just want to make you guys happy, I just don't see how.
This is not how you should see this. See, you got two comments from users that played a lot of different games and genres and which have already seen most kind of games.
Therefore, I do not want to/ I cannot speak for Chaosy, but we have high expectations on a map, depending on personal preference genre, too.
I try to stay objective and to speak for a majority of players, but of course, my personal opinion strongly influences my view on your map.
Don't take this too personal, you are always going to be faced with people who show critism towards your map.
But note, you should not make this map to make us happy or change it to do so.
My comment doesn't express your map is bad or not enjoyable, I state it is a fast-made map with very simple gameplay.
The thing with the tooltips, having some in English and some in my native language feels a bit odd, you could write your own tooltips for units and buildings, to give it some taste, as they would match them much more then.

I suggest we wait for more comments.

Level 4
Okay i hosted again so the gameplay were good for now...

Suggestion:
Terrain - Improved the terrain also expand the gate entrance.

Abilities - The hero only use default abilities. Create a spell that will fit in the game.

Items - There should be a item shop where heroes can buy it.

Last edited:
Level 10
Okay i hosted again so the gameplay were good for now...

Suggestion:
Terrain - Improved the terrain also expand the gate entrance.

Abilities - The hero only use default abilities. Create a spell that will fit in the game.

Items - There should be a item shop where heroes can buy it.
I have had this fixed for awhile, but the abilities, i can't figure those out! No matter how many tutorials i read! So i added item shops and items around the place, i balanced the humans and goblins, and i made more gate space.