• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mosquitoes v1.2

Mosquitoes v1.2
Created by UndeadImmortal

Description

Mosquitoes is a short simple mini-game. The goal of this map is too reach 100 points by killing insects. You started with a Peasant that has the following ability:

Net - Sends a huge net to catch all the mosquitoes and other insects in a line.

Throw Rock - Throws a stone at an allied unit, stunning it for a brief second.

Hide - Hides the Peasant in a nearby tree, becoming invisible but moves 40% slower. This ability last for only a few seconds.

Strong Elixir - The Peasant drinks a special potion that improves his movement speed by 80 (Not percent) for a while.

Insect Types

Mosquito - This type of insects can bite the Peasants for up to 2 damage per second. Has no abilities.

Fly - This type of insects has no attack but can slow a Peasant's movement speed for a while.

(More insects will be added soon)

Credits

L_Lawliet - For the Throw Rock icon.
Raging Ent - For the Command Buttons pack.
unwirklich - For the Demon User Interface pack.

Special Thanks to

Liimm - For beta testing.
roys245 - For beta testing.
Guiao - For beta testing.
Gen_Bloodhorn - For beta testing.
Blizzard Entertainment - For the Loading Screen idea.
The damn mosquitoes who bite me - For the idea of the map.

Author's Note

My warcraft 3 username is The_Optimizer, i can give you a proof if you want.

Keywords:
Warcraft 3, Frozen Throne, Insects, Mosquitoes, Flies
Contents

Mosquitoes v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/22 21:03:23 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment:Orcnet's Review [tr]Recommended Rules
Level 30
Map Review
Mosquitoes (Version 1.2)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Mosquitoes" is a simple yet fun mini-game made by UndeadImmortal, based on a life regular basis of getting poked by a mosquito. The game's goal is to kill 100 mosquitoes and flies, suggested players is only up to 2 and everyone starts at the lower right of the map. The player that reaches 100 kills wins the game.

"To start it up, the game is actually cool and decent, I had no problems configuring its controls since you edited the hotkeys using the QWERTY rule which is useful, also its somehow really fast to finish but it cuts the boredom just fine, although I suggest in adding more players in the game, maybe lets say 2 more perhaps? but still excellent execution with the gameplay."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To me the terrain looks fair enough to be played with, I'd like the way you made it rainy since mosquitoes breed in a wet environment and can still fly on a rainy weather, I had nothing to explain in this part but to add more eye candy, I suggest you add water ponds randomly spread across the map just to add texture since its raining and give those lily pad doodads some use."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To my conclusion the gameplay is good same goes with the terrain, but editor managing, I spotted a few problems, before the game starts there is a text revealed as 'MUSIC IS GOING TO PRELOAD, THERE WILL BE LAG FOR THE BRIEF SECOND.' why? their are a lot of tuts out there that explains on leaks on triggers, I guess you can find someone to fix this one out."

WC3ScrnShot_100112_210836_01.jpg

"Another is when the game ends, their are two texts coming out explaining the game is over, should you at least only show 1 instead of 2 texts? that way it would look better."

WC3ScrnShot_100112_211243_02.jpg

"And finally, I suggest you remove or hide the food cap bar in top of the UI because it doesn't do anything, I don't know what your planning that on the future but for me, it would look good if you would replace it as a death count don't you think? that way players would know how many deaths do they take every time they die on those mosquitoes"

WC3ScrnShot_100112_211342_03.jpg

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 6
@Mods

The credits list has been added, so what is next? I just cant wait to see this very first approved map of Opti lol