• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monoliths of Flame v3

238297-albums7355-picture84417.png

Single player RPG with Progressive Quests.

Rescue Villagers and Mine Valuable Gems to bankroll your efforts to restore power to The Monoliths of Flame.

NOTE: There are Multiple Maps with many Buildings, Creeps and Items and ALL are generated AFTER the game begins. That's why the preview map looks empty. :)

A "Flame Portal" allows you to travel between multiple map locations for different quests.

THANKS to SFilip for his Item Stacking code.
THANKS to Scytharius for his Inventory System.

Keywords:
RPG, Single Player, Mining, Progressive Quests, Multiple Maps, Difficulty Levels
Contents

Monoliths of Flame v3 (Map)

Reviews
17:33, 13th Jun 2014 Orcnet: A really small map sized role playing game only fit for a single player, the concept is great and play ability is moderately fine, although the messages popping out about quests is quite confusing you might want to...

M

17:33, 13th Jun 2014
Orcnet: A really small map sized role playing game only fit for a single player, the concept is great and play ability is moderately fine, although the messages popping out about quests is quite confusing you might want to atleast fix those quest if its posting about the quest itself or just hints, My only suggestion to the game is it would be nice if you can add more heroes and items to give in the player more stuff to work on. Overall can be approved.

Level 21
Quite interesting approach there, with the randomized generation of levels. Sadly those levels are pretty shallow, at least as far as i have played (30 mins).

Suggestions:

Different Heroes
Random events in those levels, or even boss battles at the end

At the moment i think 3/5 is spot on

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

Map Name: Monoliths of Flame
Version: 3.0
Author: Uncle Warcrafter

Terrain

The first impression I got from the terrain was obviously very bad since there was honestly nothing there. No tile variation and barely any units or dooads. However I noticed that this is something that changes as you gather more civilians to return to the village. However that doesn't excuse the lack of tile variation. This applies to every side map as well. Also even if it was clear the the terrain was randomized with triggers you could have done a better job with that, just adding 10x more trees would have been a huge improvement.
2/5

Gameplay

The map was fairly hard to get into, I had no clue of what to do. It instantly said "get back civilians to the village" but not where and how to get them. Same with glpyhs, even the quest log doesn't tell how many of them there are. However I want to point out that you did a few things to improve the gameplay. by speeding up the hero you gain a little more action and lowers the wait time of running between the camps. The prison building is also a very creative idea I fully support, it added a little more variation. I also want to touch a little on the mining system, while it's a somewhat fun system I don't see the use of it, it's basically a way to get money. (at least I didn't get anything else but gems) But there was no neat items to buy for that money. But then again this can prove useful if you play on a harder difficulty.
3/5

Story

There's basically no story. "The village has been wiped out" was basically all there was.
1/5

Uniqueness

I have not seen anything like this before, but then again I don't play a lot of wc3 maps these days.
5/5

Overall

Overall a fairy fun map, have potential for 4/5 if you reworked enough of it. Yet a boring gameplay in the long run since it's basically a farm game.
2/5

Bugs

-Don't make the jailor run to attacked units, you can abuse the fact that he acts like guard by entering combat to make him find you.

Reviewed by:

Chaosy

Last edited: