• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monolith

MAP NAME
Created by Blizzard Entertainment - Jevan Grimtotem

Map Info:

Monolith(New Creeps), This is actually my first map, I edited all the creeps and their heroes

Features:

Dark Troll - Forest Troll
Furbolgs - Wildkins
Murlocs - Faceless Ones
Wolves - Wolves (No Changes :D)
Spiders - Arachnathids
Beasts - Ogres
Thunder Lizards - Salamanders

Credits:

•Sindorei300
•alfredx_sotn
•Deolrin
•assasin_lord
•Norinrad
•Pyritie

Keywords:
Monolith,New Creeps,Warcraft 3,Blizzard
Contents

Monolith (Map)

Reviews
11:21, 16th Aug 2014 Orcnet: I'm not quite sure on why only redoing the previous creep races into a different creep race is an alternate idea, although you might want to add more features on the game itself, not sure finding shards on enemy...

M

11:21, 16th Aug 2014
Orcnet: I'm not quite sure on why only redoing the previous creep races into a different creep race is an alternate idea, although you might want to add more features on the game itself, not sure finding shards on enemy structures or so on. It would be great if you can give more in-depth game value on the Monolith. Such as additional heroes or mercenary camps that is stored and etc. Overall can be an additional output.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Try changing as well...
  • Orcs to Fel Orcs (An upgrade in Fortress which shifts all orcs into Fel varieties [kinda works like Berserker Trolls upgrade] that should cost a lot of gold.)
  • Humans to Scarlet Crusade (Spell Breakers' model would be changed to a Rouge Wizard, Knight to Bandit Lords, Footman to Captain, Priest to Chaplain [Villager icon] and Rifleman to Human Archer; Change the Arcane Sanctum to a Chapel that gives a health regeneration aura; All human units' unit color will be red, [Dwarves and elves still have their default color.] something similar to like, Varimathras.)
  • Night Elves having Furbolgs as their restored allies. (An extra melee unit to have at least some melee power for NE. Has Cleaving Attack.)
  • Undead to Forsaken. (I'll leave this one to @CY The UnGodly.)

The file size shouldn't be too large; if it is, take out the Chapel idea but keep the health aura.

Last edited:
Level 32
July 26 Map Review
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

MONOLITH
Map by Jevan Grimtotem
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS
Gameplay & Entertainment: 12/20
Terrain & Layout: 6/10
Doodads & Scenery: 5/10
Bugs & Consistency: 4/5
Presentation: 3/5
Total Score: 29/50

navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Entertainment:
I don't play a lot of monolith, but the gameplay is almost the same. It's a fun co op melee map fighting in this case new creep races from the original monolith, also some new skins and models. The biggest problem with this is that it's to easy, the creep attacks always fail at the main bases, horribly. The battles end to the slaughter for the creeps if you are like me and block off escapes and trap enemies. My elapsed game time is 30 minutes 2 ai and 2 players, and I was taking my time. I know you can say that if I play with easy computers it would be harder, but with a full house of human players it's going to be done quick and easy, and they are gonna get rekt!. It seems to me that normal leveled ally AI will win in a 4v4, change this around. You shouldn't have to rely on computers to win, (and if you are bad you can change the difficulty of your allies). You might want to look at the total kills difference for the creeps.

227608-albums7473-picture86808.png
Sadly there aren't any neutral passive buildings, I'm sure some will turn this down because of this. Creeps don't even have drops. People love their heroes.

Overall, the gameplay is quite fun, I like more fast paced melee. It's quality is average.

12/20
Terrain & Layout:
Well, you can't really go wrong with blizzard tiles and height leveling. The layout is great and is visually pleasing, we cross the river and we're in immediately in enemy territory. Map shaped is balanced as well. I will give a higher score if you match the theme of the creep races because they now don't match the Ashenvale theme.

6/10
Doodads & Scenery:
Compared to other blizzard maps, this one is actually emptier than 90% (probably a bad estimate) of the melee maps. Add some shrubs, fallen logs, rocks, mushrooms, maybe even some temples or structures.

5/10
Bugs & Consistency:
> AI holds position in odd places
> Wrong icon
> Don't just keep the title as Monolith, perhaps Jevan's Monolith or custom monolith will do
227608-albums7473-picture86809.png

4/5
Presentation:
Your description is lacking a little, but you are clear on the main parts. Please add screenshots (cakemaster has a link above) and state whether the map is free to use, protected, or unprotected and needs permission.

3/5
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
Suggestion are optional, but I highly recommend these. Some of these may be repeats from the critique section.
> Add fountains, merchants. Maybe no tavern or mercenary camp because you are fighting against creeps.
> More doodads
> Make enemies stronger​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules. You only have a few. For now I vote for AWAIT UPDATE.
> Need screenshots
> Need protected/unprotected note

> Credits in the quests log
> Have the correct author name
> A version changelog​
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall the map is a nice twist on monolith if you're bored of the old one, there is no need to add whole new races for the humans or it wouldn't really be monolith, altered melee does not equal new playable races. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+1) Reputation point for uploading and your hard work. Sorry for the long month long wait, we just don't have enough of us active to be doing this, plus I wasn't active much in June :p

Special thanks to GreeN!X for letting me use the base of his map description that I have altered and edited.
[TD]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Last edited:
Level 4
What about switching the roles?
I don't know if anyone already did it or not, but Monolith could be interesting if the players could control the monolith monsters... With some new features added (and the monolith races being improved - new spells, new upgrades etc.) it could make a really cool map.

Level 1
(sorry for my english) thank you very much for the card, love card "Monolith", has long been looking everywhere for similar cards, and various other versions, it is interesting to play for the other race of animals, do more races, can be 12-16, will be fine. and the need to remove the wolves in the first place, they are the weakest. and give the opportunity to edit maps for people, do not block them. I need to change something for themselves, and the cards are often closed to the editor (