• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life of a Hero 1.1v

As you can tell by the name, this is a life-of-a-peasant-style/open world map.
Thus it's about exploring the map, doing jobs and become as mighty as possible to be ready for the apocalypse.

Jobs

Jobs allow you to get gold, skill and attribute points.
Killing creeps for no reason might get you gold and equipment, but no experience.
Each job offers 3 unique abilities with 12 levels (beside one standard spell which you can't level).

- Healer
- Wizard
- Cook assistent
- Miner
- Soldier
- Bandit
- Salesman

- Demon (req. 500 points)
- Assassin (req. 1000 points)
- Collector (req. 2000 points)
- Mesmer (req. 3500 points)
- Barbarian (req. 6000 points)
- Naga Friend (req. 10,000 points)

The points can be earned by level-ups and end boss kills and can be saved/loaded from game to game.

Update in 1.1x: All these jobs require only 50 points now, so you don't have to grind for days.

The Apocalypse

Whether you are strong enough or not - the apocalypse will come.
And with it spawns a mighty end boss - the Tormentor.
It's a really bad-ass enemy, and he seems to be pissed, thus you need a bunch of well-equiped and -leveled heroes to bring him down.

But if you manage to do that, and I bet you won't in your first few games, you receive a mighty weapon, the Hellreaper, which you can save for future games along with your experience.

Features

- Weather System
- Stacking System
- Backpack for 6 more items
- Custom triggered spells
- Nearly leakless
- Small filesize
- Bosses which drop uniques
- Many items with model attachments
- Save/Load System for rank/experience and the Hellreaper
- A secret boss & unique drop (very helpful for the end boss)
- Socket-System which allows you to sock orbs into items
...and much more!

1.1x (Reforged version)

The height offset of towers broke in Reforged, so I needed to release a new version :)
In 1.1x there are some more changes that will make the map more playable, especially for casual gamers:

- Jobs require max. 50 points
- When killing enough bosses on the map, a voidwalker appears, which points the players towards the torn note
- The torn note has an additional ping to lead players to the ancient and thus The Banned
- The apocalypse timer doesn't run from the start. Instead, the apocalypse happens 4-6 min after killing The Banned
- Bandit goods give 80 gold reward now
- 6 pieces of ore can spawn at a time, instead of 4
- 3 patrols spawn in the nothern human camp, to hold off the undead a little better
- When killing the evil villager in the prison, the door breaks open

Credits

Thanks to the following people for making such great models!

Kitabatake: Leather, Bandit, Captain, Bone, Blood Armor (Renegade Armor)
Sunchips: Mail, Bronze, etc. Armor, Soldier's Shield, Fire Wand, Mage Wand, Hellreaper
HappyTauren: Blade
ikillforeyou: Helmet
perfjert: Buckler
TheSlaveOfGod: Red Shield
Haistrah: Pink Magic Shield
NhazUl: Rod of Necromancy
MistAssass: Mithril Hammer
HappyTauren: Tormentor (SkeletonFireWarriorMage)
ikillforeyou: Axe
Fan: Mythical Blade (Ancient Elven Greatsword)
Draknyte1: Captain's Blade (Chaos Blade)

Enjoy!

PS: You can find an unprotected version attached to post 85 on page 6.

Keywords:
LOAP, Life of a peasant, Real Life, Fantasy Life, Life as, Life of a Hero, RPG, Apocalypse, Open World
Contents

Life of a Hero 1.1v (Map)

Life of a Hero 1.1x (Map)

Reviews
19:52, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Review I also suggest you add a preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to...

M

19:52, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Review

I also suggest you add a preview image:
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Contact Me

Level 5
Hrm.. Looks good... gonna test
Edit:Done Review

Gameplay
It was a great game which has lots of possibilities that can happen depending on the players which makes it fun and different all the time + it's an rpg with different jobs, Save system and a way for all to play individually but it is hard to understand the game at 1st simply because people nowadsays don't bother to use "help" functions.4/5
Bugs
Lots of errors which makes the game difficult.2/5
Map
the map is big which makes players walk around and have fun being a loap map all and all. Nice terrain. Doodads here and there. Patrolling guards that can be hired.unique jobs but needs improvement but still fun(3/5)
Overall
Nice map keep on improving (9/15)(approved) keep up the good work and i hope that you will work on this map because it has potential
:goblin_good_job:That is all:goblin_good_job:

Last edited:
Level 27
Terrains looks nice, there are immplemented quite intresting systems and people can join different sides and fight against each other...
That's fun.
But some more variety of intresting things to do would be cool.

Oh, and you could like add more jobs like fisherman or adventurer.
Also some interiors would be excelent too.

Level 5
maybe you should put shops in different areas because there is only one in the city which is hard to buy when youre not allied to the city
And maybe add different towns of different races(such as a town for demons,orcs,zombies,bandits,humans) that has their own shops
and if the demon levels up while possessing others it won't gain skill points

Last edited:
Level 30
Map Review

Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
"Life of a Hero" also known as the life of a peasant custom map made by kleinerhauck. he develops a game were players can have different roles and live a life like a peasant and brace themselves from an upcoming apocalypse that would bring only catastrophe on the world.

Life of a Hero 1.0a

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
The Game was good, so many elements that were going on inside the game that makes it unique and cool at the same time, yet still, the game is less than I expect, but your still on the move for more updates, Good job!

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
Its fun to play the game over and over again because of all of those jobs and things you can do in the game, and this LOAP map only relates on a medieval style instead of those spoiled modern like versions that were spammed with so much resources that end up bad to play, anyways I hope you can add more rare and exotic roles in your game.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
The Terrain went well, but some of it did not, try to fix the village's buildings because I observed some bad placings to it, and same with the terrain, it kinda looks quiet and plain but because of the weather effect, its trying to make the map alive, for my suggestion, expand your map, make it bigger and I hope you can do more changes.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_pos.gif
Your map managing has approved me very well, I mean this is the only LOAP I've seen using RPG concepts instead of modern style ones which I stated above, spells went well but still a few, same with the items and units, but still there all badass and I hope you can make more, more!, and More!.

Bug/s

About the Weather System, when its raining? or declaring a sand storm or whatsoever, there is this white lightning that blocks the user's view in the game that is so annoying, please try to remove it or change it in a fog state instead.

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
12/2080%C

Fair!
194715-albums4489-picture43672.gif

Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

Level 19
very nice map i love it!! 5/5 vote for approval and +rep :thumbs_up:
maybe you should use a more advanced stacking system :wink:
i hope i see updates of this map soon :D

-Add more items and a forge system
-Add more jobs like warrior, ninja, assassin,
-Add more types of creeps like lion etc.
-Replace your stacking system with the one that i suggested
-Make your main ability for each job to lvl up without costs according to villager level
-Make the map bigger and change the creep areas so that a bear won't spawn next to a small spider(for example lvl 1-3 areas for spiders, 4-7 for murlocs, 8-10 bears etc.)

Level 10
Love the map, but the only thing I dislike is the global expierience system. It's neat, but it's SLOW. I wanted to pick the Demon job, but it required 500 XP. So I picked Necromancer, and had a lot of fun, got to level 16, and was already spawn camping the whole entire map with my zombies. Yet, I only had 170 XP. Then I look at the Assassin job, and I'm like: "1000 XP? WTF?"

EDIT: So after quite some time and finally defeating that Apocalypse event, I eventually got to 1000 XP. I must say the wait was worth it. The Assassin job is wonderful. I found a bug though: When you're the Assassin, you can buy all 3 of the titles (Cheif, Undead Master and Bandit Lord). I was chuckling as I made all 3 forces collide at the gate entrance to the town.

On a side note, I believe there should be, as mentioned above, more shops and interesting items (Hellreaper + Dragon's Heart + Speed of Light (Assassin Spell) = Epic Pwnage), as well as more interesting spells. I think that each job should have their own unique spells. As in, Miner shouldn't have Cleaving Strike, just like the Watchman does.

All in all, I can't wait for future versions, and I hope they come soon. I'm utterly bored of doing Tol Barad dailies in WoW.. :p

5/5 and +rep :)

Last edited:
Level 6
Awesome Map Dude Me and my friend were playing in bnet But found a slight glitch with demon form you can spam any of his spells because the spells seem to wait like a second before the CD starts either way cant wait for more 4/5 and + rep

Level 6
Another Problem is that assasins can kill anyone without taking any damage (unless they have the sheild the Rev drops) bu using their W skill every 2-3 hits the enemy is perma stunned -- thats how i killed the Tormentor

Level 13
Thanks for testing the map and giving so much positive feeback! :)
I will work on the things you mentioned.

@ImperialShadow:
There are no orcs, I fixed the tooltips. Demons spawn when the apocalypse begins.
@DaHomieG: The miner is the only one that has Cleaving Strike. But some jobs share their basic ability (Ensnare, Windwalk). Beside that they are all unique.
@xorkatoss: Increasing the level of the basic ability according to the hero level is a nice idea, I might add that (but only every 10 hero levels or so).
@xorkatoss and tleno: What do you mean with forge/crafting system? Recipes? I was thinking about making sockets for the items to put orbs inside, but I would need tons of different items for all the possibilities :/

v1.1 is in progress; there will be two more jobs (Mesmer and Barbarian for 3,5k and 6k points) and some bugfixes.

barb1.jpg

barb4.jpg

barb3.jpg

barb2o.jpg

/E: More changes are to come!
The map is already a little bit bigger (added a harbour region in the south) and will receive 2 more new jobs (Naga and Salesman).

Last edited:
Level 6
>.< lol hosted it for my friend again today -- his code was like 32, 000 XP looking foward to more jobs :D and content
For some reason we found the secret boss much harder than the tormentor untill I got mage and the rod the guy who activates the secret boss drops,then I could hide in an area inacessable by him via pheniox strike and kill him from a distance

Level 6
lol He plays 2 hours a day if he cant get a game online he'll go SP -- just wondering does it have anti-cheat if not i would recomend adding it to prevent people going SP and whosyourdaddy thier way up to higher XP

Level 13
Seems to be a real fan :D
The map has anti-cheat (whosyourdaddy and greedisgood).

edit: I want to add a king or something to the map, who should be determined by a title or item (which drops on death).
But I'm not sure about what powers he should have besides a private army and the ability to dismiss the chief constable (and maybe set taxes for the players).
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 19
No but you can Cheat in SP save and have Billions in Bnet -.-

lol true
maybe there can be two save modes...
First mode for b.net which will be disabled when you SP
Second mode for SP which will be disabled when you b.net
for the following 2 modes you could simply use 2 different code generators
and at the beginning of the game you could check if it's SP and if true you enable the SP codegen and disable the b.net codegen...
and if there are more than 2 players in game, it means it's b.net and then you enable b.net codegen and you disable SP codegen...
i hope i didn't make it too complicated...
here are the 2 code generators that i suggest...
CodeGen0.06 for B.net
iGen for SP
both of them generate different codes and are pretty good ;p

I hope you like my idea, Happy editing :)

Level 13
I uploaded the latest version I made (1.1e). I hope the new stuff has has no bugs (I didn't test it so often).
What's new?
- You can slide down hills (costs hit points)
- New job: Salesman

This is the last version for a while since i stopped playing w3. Have fun!

The save-system will stay as it is now, since it makes the most sense this way imo.

attachment.php

Thanks!!!

Hey, I've got your map downloaded and played... That's really good...

I LIKE the two swords when those are carried by the villager... the jobs are cool...

One thing is that the damage is always 7-17 + additional damage from items carried. I don't know how much damage my villager has; the only thing I'm looking at are integers at Str, Int, and Agil...

THE BEST MAP....

Level 3
the banned

i played this alot and notice that the banned alot stronger then the termintor cuz i always use barbrian lately and i get a lvl 50 barbrian and i hardly can kill it but the termintor when i get basic items like the best armor best shield .boss orb.best helmet i was able to kill the termintior alot easier is this how u wanted it or u think it's a bug?

Level 6
Well I guess its supposed to be like that i mean your not even meant to be able to find the banned very easily in comparison to the tormentor but still if per say someone were to find it long before the tormentor then that game would suddenly be 10000x harder when tormentor comes because you have both the banned and the tormentor to worry about

Level 3
an idea

i thought about sth could u add like when someone reach legend to be able to carry to hell reapers or get a specill hellreaper with better fire cast chance and more attack speed.

Level 13
Does anybody have ideas for spells for the Naga job I wanna add? Some watery stuff maybe.

/edit: Finished socket-system and added 2 new orbs (orb of energy and orb of berserk) which can be socked into items to gain various effects.
For example the orb of berserk:
Weapons: Attack speed +100%
Shield: Adds a 10% chance to create a shade of yourself striking back at the attacker.
Helmet/Armor: Movement speed aura (+50%)

Further changes in this Version (1.1h):
- Hellreaper can't be sold anymore
- Hellreaper damage increases with (number of gained hero levels) starting from 1
- Creeps can drop some low purchaseable items (swords/armors etc).

Last edited:
Level 10
great map ;)

I think you should add some progression to the jobs, or some reward at high levels of the job. Like possibly, some item you can craft if you are a certain job at level 20 or 30.

It would also be nice if some of the spell caster jobs had a more diverse pack of spells to choose from, maybe make a different menu in the shop so you could sell more skills, so each person of the same trade is not exactly the same. So you could have 1 dps wizard and 1 buffing/debuffing wizzard.

As for water spells I suggest Water Cyclone by xBlackRose

5/5 +rep

Last edited:
Level 13
Thx. Those are nice ideas; I was already wondering how to make people stick to their job a little better.
Now that I have made the socket system I could add an extra orb for each job, maybe with bonuses that depend on the hero level.
If sb has ideas feel free to post them.

More spells for every job would be too much effort though.. Instead of a (de)buffing wizzard you can just choose mesmer or healer to get supportive spells.

Uploaded a new version btw (1.1i): Hellreaper dmg bugs are fixed, and there are 2 new bosses dropping nice new unique items :)
Also limited the maximum damage of the energy shield of the mesmer and added a new axe in the shop. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Level 3
ranks

i had an idea about the ranks lets say a guy with 30k points other with 6k both have hellreaper if they start a game they will be equill in it so i thought for evry each 500 rank points 100 added in start just to make who played more to have a little more advantge on other ppl.

edit: ah for naga how about a rain that incirce his dmg in the area it's casted hope u liked it .

Level 13
That rain thing is a good idea. I could expand that a little:
One passive spell which increases some stats every time it rains (including normal rain), and one which creates rain in a certain area/around the hero.
Some kind of naga-suit-attachment would be cool but I couldn't find anything except a naga helmet :/

About the ranks: I like it better if they don't add any advantages besides unlocking new (better) jobs.

Level 3
That rain thing is a good idea. I could expand that a little:
One passive spell which increases some stats every time it rains (including normal rain), and one which creates rain in a certain area/around the hero.
Some kind of naga-suit-attachment would be cool but I couldn't find anything except a naga helmet :/

About the ranks: I like it better if they don't add any advantages besides unlocking new (better) jobs.

i thank for like the spell idea but for the rank idea ill just forget it it's ur map not mine hope u add more jobs soon .

Level 3
just a question did u make the hellreaper to be saved by all players in the end on purpose and how to uncraft wapeons/armors/helmets with orbs

Level 13
Yeah all players get it on purpose, since it would be too much effort or even impossible to find out which players really helped defeat the tormentor and which didn't.
Imagine a player being Chief Constable and sending tons of soldiers for help, but not attacking the tormentor with his hero (for instance).

You can uncraft equipment using the same button as crafting them.
Just make sure that they are in slot 1 of your inventory and that you have enough room to carry the orbs which were socked in the item.

Btw: It may take a while until a new version and new jobs come out, since I'm relatively busy arm.

Level 3
the hell reaper bugs

when i played in this version i found the dmg gets more in both when we get another job it depends on the job lvl like 1st job lvl 50 50dmg 2nd 18 18dmg (this dmg is normal attack dmg) but only bug the hell reaper dmg which when u press it depends on all lvls you got but it dosen't be like it says ofc and the dmg for normal dmg don't show these the bugs from where i see it.

edit: just a question to show what i mean how to add screen shot i never thought to wanting to add screenshot?

Last edited:
Level 13
I tried this on my own, but didn't get the bug you are talking about (could you please structure your sentence a little next time, it is really hard to find out what you are talking about^^).
I gave myself 50 levels as soldier and had about 40 hellreaper damage.
Then I quit the job (and took another one), but I was still dealing the same (correct) amount of damage that was displayed.

Level 3
the abilty says current lvl the dmg depend on so whatever job is not matter just lvl important so what happen when u press on the wapeon? u get the dmg u have writen but when u take another job u get lower dmg but the massge for dmg is difrent. so i said maybe cuz i don't quit job but i did then pressed as normal villger lvl is 1 dmg the writen to let ppl know is same as before quiting the job .

Level 3
a question for the new crafting system does the orb/gem should disaper cuz if it should it's not working

edit:as well the abilty don't cuz i made my friend try doing it as well the item didn't work.

Last edited: