• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last Stand of Dalaran 3.87

Reactions: Hawk
133719-albums3646-picture51859.jpg

133719-albums3646-picture51860.jpg

[/hidden]

Hero Selection:

133719-albums3646-picture33251.jpg

Attribute Selection:

133719-albums3646-picture33252.jpg

Left Gate:

133719-albums3646-picture33248.jpg

Right Gate:

133719-albums3646-picture33249.jpg

Up Gate:

133719-albums3646-picture33249.jpg

Admiral Proudmore:

133719-albums3646-picture33253.jpg

Random1:

133719-albums3646-picture33256.jpg

Random1:

133719-albums3646-picture33257.jpg

133719-albums3646-picture33872.jpg

133719-albums3646-picture33873.jpg

133719-albums3646-picture35267.jpg

133719-albums3646-picture35268.jpg

133719-albums3646-picture35269.jpg

New:

133719-albums3646-picture36663.jpg

133719-albums3646-picture36662.jpg

Last Stand of Dalaran Series:
Last Stand of Dalaran 3.87
Last Stand of Dalaran AoS
Last Stand of Dalaran RPG

Author's notes:

Note, Archimonde will only Spawn if there are 9 Players in the Game. Read the Optional Quests in-game for More Info. If the map won't open in the warcraft3/maps/frozen throne/scenario directory, put it in warcraft3/maps/frozen throne directory and open the map with warcraft 3 from there.

Keywords:
Defense, LSOD
Contents

Last Stand of Dalaran 3.87 (Map)

Reviews
18:46, 2nd Jul 2008 Firelord213: [√] The map breaks no The Hive Workshop map rules. The map is not protected so no need for any map protection information,The map is not stolen,The are no signs of bugs or crashes,The map is in English. The map...

M

18:46, 2nd Jul 2008
Firelord213:
[√] The map breaks no The Hive Workshop map rules.
The map is not protected so no need for any map protection information,The map is not stolen,The are no signs of bugs or crashes,The map is in English.

The map is well made , I enjoyed it very much,The environment is very good and the sounds ''Garithos'' talking etc are Very good.
I enjoyed this map alot and maybe will host it some time on Battle.net
But something that could need to be fixed would be the imported icons without DISBTN , They turn limegreen when they are not avaible.

Level 5
Thx, for the Reply.:) Yeah, know about the lag, it was fixed a bit but will fix it more in the next version. Some heroes lag more then others like, Elementalist or Punisher but many go without lag. Will fix the description soon on this site and in-game. As for the items, you get 4 basic items that you can't sell or drop but can replace then with buyable Items. You get 2 chargable Items which you can use or sell. Make sure your Inventory is not full when you buy Items.:) Many Items have level requirements, read the red text below the item's description to see if your level is high enough. Make sure you have enough gold/lumber.:) There are also Crafted and Upgradeable Items. You need an Upgradeable Item if you want to Upgrade it in the Special Shop. Will fix the Inventory is full bug when you try to buy an item to replace one of the Basics.:) Post any other bug you've found, thx, hope you enjoy.:)

Level 5
PvP mode puts a player in cinematic mode permanently.
I was Red, other person was Teal. We were both stuck in it.

I never really tested it so thx for the reply. Fixed, should work properly now. If you find any other bug plz post here.:) I've added a notification if you type a player name incorrectly. Will also add pvp for Computer players in the next verison. For those who do not know, it's -pvp Player Name for PvP, make sure you use Caps if you need to, -gp for game progress and -ff for future fate.:) Hope you enjoy:)

Level 1
Last Stand of Dalaran is a good idea but please fix the lags! I played some caster heroes and I really like your custom spells but you should check if you're creating at every cast new variables or regions that you don't delete at the end of the cast which would result in heavy lags over time. And maybe you should remove all unnecessary objects and effects like the flames at the hero selection (you could e.g. keep them for a minute and then remove the effects). Also, some villagers, fences and other unneeded material.
Performance is important for a hero defense and lags make therefore a hero defense frustrating.

Oh yes and skills which deal damage depending on your attributes are more interesting (well that's my opinion you needn't to agree ;-) ), so you might change spells like "lvl1: deals 10 dmg per explosion/wave" to "lvl1: deals 4dmg + int*0.08" (you now what I mean I think^^)

Keep on, I like your map ;)

Level 4
map is buggy... ive gotten crit error 2x and when i did a pvp it wouldnt let me exit after i won.. i was stuck in the cinematic type thing so i couldnt do anything -stuck didnt work... by the way i downloaded the map after you updated it

Level 5
thx for your reply:) Hm...which player were you when the cinematic bug happened? Also, did you pvp against a Player or Computer Player? About the critcal error, which Hero were you when it happened? Did you use any specific ability? Thx again for the reply:) If you find any other bug, please post here:) Hope you enjoy, after it's fixed:)

Level 5
Last Stand of Dalaran is a good idea but please fix the lags! I played some caster heroes and I really like your custom spells but you should check if you're creating at every cast new variables or regions that you don't delete at the end of the cast which would result in heavy lags over time. And maybe you should remove all unnecessary objects and effects like the flames at the hero selection (you could e.g. keep them for a minute and then remove the effects). Also, some villagers, fences and other unneeded material.
Performance is important for a hero defense and lags make therefore a hero defense frustrating.

Oh yes and skills which deal damage depending on your attributes are more interesting (well that's my opinion you needn't to agree ;-) ), so you might change spells like "lvl1: deals 10 dmg per explosion/wave" to "lvl1: deals 4dmg + int*0.08" (you now what I mean I think^^)

Keep on, I like your map ;)

Oh, sorry, didn't saw your comment.:) Hm...some spell have call RemoveLocation(), DestroyEffect() etc. but 90% of spells or more don't.:) I know about it, will fix it in the next version. The Villagers and effect will stay for now, but if it continues to lag, will remove them on someway.:) About the spells that deal damage based on attributes, there are some spells that do that like the Starship Bug's Power Strike ability. Maybe there will be more in the next version but it's ok for now. Thx for the reply:) Hope you Enjoy:)

Level 4
the critical error happend right at beginning of game i dont know why or how :(
i think i was red and the other player was purple in the pvp... he was able to use his hero after losing but i was not :(... also pvp is unfair for casters seeing as how u cant cast spells

Level 5
the critical error happend right at beginning of game i dont know why or how :(
i think i was red and the other player was purple in the pvp... he was able to use his hero after losing but i was not :(... also pvp is unfair for casters seeing as how u cant cast spells

Sorry, just saw your comment:) Thx for the reply, fixed the bug that wouldn't let you exit cinematic mode when pvp-ing with player 4 Purple:) Will be in the next version. The critical error should be fixed, fixed many leaks and it lags less now so.:) As for the unfair pvp, you should be able to use spells when you exit the cinematic mode. If you find anyother bug, please post here:) Hope you enjoy:)

Level 4
the item system is glitchy... when i sell an item... say a jewel... a basic jewel pops up and i pick it up... then i cant pick up any other jewels...
the map is also still laggy but... still fun :D
just fix the item system up
also, when the randomly spawned heroes go into avatar it doesnt say they are immune to magic and i waste mana casting on them until i realize it ><
3/5

Level 5
the item system is glitchy... when i sell an item... say a jewel... a basic jewel pops up and i pick it up... then i cant pick up any other jewels...
the map is also still laggy but... still fun :D
just fix the item system up
also, when the randomly spawned heroes go into avatar it doesnt say they are immune to magic and i waste mana casting on them until i realize it ><
3/5

Thx, for the reply, yeah know about the items, will fix when a basic Item gets on the ground and you can pick it up. Still you could pick up any other jewel but you'll still have 1 Jewel and 1 Basic one.:) The lag is better, will fix it even more in the next verison. As for the Magic Immune, did you play with the hero Nightmare? He's ability Finger of Pain can target friendly unit, even self and magic Immune but will not give damage. Will fix it. Most of the other spells tell you if he's immune or not.

I hope next version , u will reduce laggy.

Because i couldn't play it for a long games, Lag is too much

Yeah, will reduce the lag in the next version, it' better but will reduce even more.:) Just which hero were you? Elementalist and Punisher lag the most, they have leaks.:) Will fix it. Hope you enjoy:)

Level 5
Hi,

Thanks for the Replies.

In the next update could you tidy up the commands info? It's all over the place and a bit annoying to look through.

Yeah, thanks.

ok first off i agree, maybe shorten it a little, second i love it 5/5 and third how the hell did you get that scroll thingy in the description? i would use it. if you made it yourself than cingrats

Shorthen what?

If you mean on the Picture where the text of the Map is, I've made it.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/133719-albums3646.html

Thank you,