• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Hunter

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS campaign that i am currently working on. It currently has two maps. A cinematic explaining the back story, in addition to the first map. The game features Riyou, a Dragon Hunter that has to escape from a Prison and find out who framed him and his kind, meeting new faces along the way. The game uses a 'Party' System, (Not currently in game due to one map) Where you are able to choose from 4 Companions (Heros) which you find on your travels, some are optional as i plan to make an RPG element to the campaign. You can swap your Companions in a local town via a Tavern. Much like the Orc Campaign, there will be Dungeons which will feature bosses that have some form of mechanic, and don't just attack-attack-attack. Anyway, please respond with with suggestions, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and bugs! Thank you. Good luck and have fun! - Special thanks to 'TheDanish' for inspiring me to make this and for all his suggestions, tips and help!

--UPDATE 1 (20/09/12)--
Redone Thane's passive so its a lot nicer, fixed a bug with dwavern might, fixed a bug with the mortar team boss, added a bit more detail into the cinematic.

--UPDATE 2(28/06/13)--
Woah! Almost been a whole year. This has had a total flop in terms of content, with my computer (I think it was world editor though) having a total meltdown! Losing content I had been working on for 5 months! After a 2-3 month frustration period over the loss I began to work on the second map again. SLOWLY due to upcoming exams. The map still in the development stages wouldn't be finished for a long time due a LOT of chaos coming into my world. However, since about 1 month ago I began to work on the second map again and it is going rather well. I expect it will still take me ages though. :/ Anyway, just letting you know that I've sorted my stuff out, and working on this again! :)

Credit to:
kitabatake - fradz model (riyou)
norinrad - thane bonehorn model & icon
bart_Illidan - dwarf statue doodad
nfwar - platearmor icon
geries & magtheridon96 - loading screen
-berz- - spell help.

Keywords:
Grotx, Last Hunter, Riyou, Thane Bonehorn, Campaign
Contents

The Last Hunter (Campaign)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/28 17:03:59 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [tr]Not Rated Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Oct/28 17:03:59
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Level 4
Thanks very much. - Yes, i know its unfinished, i had to test that everything was working properly and i am quite occupied with other things. I would also like to hear feedback as to if the campaign was good, and if there was any point continuing. Thanks for your feedback, it helps a lot!

-Grotx

Level 13
Oh yes and I forgot to mention xD ,make the first cinematic's bigger,and better >.> I mean like when he said that the dragon slayers came u shouldve made a scene where the dragon hunters are killing/fighting the dragons...I'm a cinematic's guyz myself....If u need help with the cinematic's and the terrain I can help you so that the campaign would get aproved ^_^.Keep up the good work :).

Level 4
Again thank you. As you clearly pointed out i am bad when it comes to cinematic's I would greatly appreciate any help you can give as terraining is again not my best aspect. Get in touch with me sometime. Again, thanks for your comments, they help!

-Grotx

Level 2
Very nice first chapter. Here's my review:

Minor Bugs:

When I open up quest/menu bonehorn's icon will go green (by going green I mean no preview image.) and so will his chestplate. (This doesn't bug me, but it might others. Just thought I'd let you know.)

Suggestions:

At the end of the chapter some of the cinematic triggers are to quick. (For me anyway, and I'm a very quick reader.) What I mean is the time lenght when they talk is too short for the 3-4 sentences triggers. The 1-2 sentences lines are fine, but I didn't get to read everything because they went by too quick. :huh:

Other than that I rate 5/5. Will +rep when further maps are released/updated.

Level 4
Very nice first chapter. Here's my review:

Minor Bugs:

When I open up quest/menu bonehorn's icon will go green (by going green I mean no preview image.) and so will his chestplate. (This doesn't bug me, but it might others. Just thought I'd let you know.)

Suggestions:

At the end of the chapter some of the cinematic triggers are to quick. (For me anyway, and I'm a very quick reader.) What I mean is the time lenght when they talk is too short for the 3-4 sentences triggers. The 1-2 sentences lines are fine, but I didn't get to read everything because they went by too quick. :huh:

Other than that I rate 5/5. Will +rep when further maps are released/updated.

Thanks so much. I know about the green icon and am not sure how to fix. :/ Luckily it isn't a major bug, as for the cinematic sequences, i will change them sometime - thanks again!
-Grotx

Level 2
Thanks so much. I know about the green icon and am not sure how to fix.

Make sure your import path is correct, that's normally the cause of green icons. Also make sure your icons are 24-bit and not 32 or 16 bit.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
chap1:
-ambushes are fun and that but units suddenly appearing from out of nowhere?
-the level is pretty linear
-heavy chestplate has no DISBTN (green square on F10); also the dwarf's hero icon has no DISBTN
-what? He doesn't agree to kill any dwarves but will weaken them for the protagonist to kill them? It's kind of the same thing...
-hero selected during the scene after he beats the dwarf
-units can get through book shelves
-when reaching the timed switch scene Thane is coloured red in the transmmission
-well strength as Dwarven Might says it gives is actually damage
-"I'm risking everything by trusting you." Are you kidding!? After Thane's been called a traitor and killed so many jailors?
-it's interesting that Thane knows how the final gate is supposed to be opened but he never went into the places the switches are

It has a really neat gameplay. 3/5 because of incompletion.