• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Labyrinth

Reactions: Legal_Ease
The Labyrinth
Created by DaRkReAlm(Aka Kingmuri)

Map Info:

This Is A Maze Type Race Map,You Must Complete First To Win

Features:
*Max 4 Players
*Tomes And Runes To Give You Speed
*Autobot:Activates If You Playing Solo
*Character Abilities To Get Faster
*Buy Your Own Abilities
Note:Autobot Is Knowing The Way So It's Hard To Pass Him,You Must Be Faster
Screenshots:

223272-albums6532-picture70912.jpg

223272-albums6532-picture70913.jpg

223272-albums6532-picture70914.jpg

223272-albums6532-picture70916.jpg

223272-albums6532-picture70915.jpg

223272-albums6532-picture70917.jpg

Added:
  • Everything

Added:
  • New Ability

Added:
  • New Abilities
  • Ability Shop
Changed:
  • Changed Terrain
  • Riders To Cars

Credits:

• Mc !

Author's notes:
I Hope You Will Love This Map.After This Map I'm Gonna Remake Hunters VS Hunts,It's Rejected But It's A Good Idea.

Keywords:
Labyrinth,maze,escape
Contents

The Labyrinth (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet11:05, 2nd July 2013 Map Approved The Labyrinth (Version 1.2) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet11:05, 2nd July 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
The Labyrinth (Version 1.2)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"This maze map is actually cool, where instead you slowly look for a path the map is converted into a racing game, although it would be great if you can add traps, a monster chasing the players and all to give it some quick draft."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"There is no actual Terrain value in the map but the maze improvised it so I can give it a fair rate."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Total map is good no bugs or any problems encountered but please add a changelog, credits, and specific how to play info in your quest menu and also convert the whole map into a TFT, it has more essential logs than the RoC."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C

Review of version 1.2
By Legal_Ease
Comments

I really love this idea! I think its really fresh and sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, once you have played a few times, you will know your way though. This is not really a bad thing though, it just means you should makes lots more!!! I would love to see a MazePack! I will play and review this map when I get home + rep. This is truely inspired! 5/5 on face value!

But, please mention that its protected, I crash my WE every time, because I'm dumb like that.

The Pros

-Nice choice of Racers (though more players would be nice and maybe more custom models)
-Nice Maze layout, good sized lanes and good size.
-Awesome concept.
-The format has great potential to become a game-pack.
-Items (though too few) were placed in the right spots and had the right function (Rune of Speed/tome of power, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

-variation in the terrain would make it more interesting (there could also be a hint, like "the more (whatever) you see the closer you are to the end."
-more doodads and variation in tiles.
-creeps around wrong turns or at dead ends.
-Items that add attacks, like web, thunder diamond or mines. (charged items would be better so you can only use them once)
-the start timer takes too long... 40 seconds or something, it should be more like 10. Unless, you put a shop at the start and give them some gold to spend, that might take the 40 and add a cool opening segment.
-the AI did not work for me and team 1 was the only option. There should be 4 teams so that you can choose different races.
-Heroes with more abilities or some type of functionality besides the 3 starting abilities. Maybe a "sprint."
-Maybe imported music?

Overall Rating

Concept 5/5 - Terrain 3/5 - Gameplay 4/5. This map is going to be really awesome, and currently pretty neat.
I vote for approval, after at least a few changes are made. This map is a really cool idea but needs some work to live up to its potential. I would like to see it a bit more chaotic game play, with creeps and long lasting high-speed boosts, traps, waygates, moving obstacles, and effects. More Screenshots is always my preference.

+ 1 more rep for motivation!

Last edited:
Level 5
I really love this idea! I think its really fresh and sound like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, once you have played a few times, you will know your way though. This is not really a bad thing though, it just means you should makes lots more!!! I would love to see a MazePack! I will play and review this map when I get home + rep. This is truely inspired! 5/5 on face value!

Huh,Thanks :D

Note:Don't Be Sad If You Can't Pass The Bot,I Can't Pass Him Too,He Knows The Way :ogre_haosis:

Ok, now this is a lot better! More abilities! I like the obstacle chickens!! Cool new car models. I made it to the end, I almost won.

Room for improvements:

It could be faster. I felt like it was slow in the middle. Towards the end I felt the tension build and I was like damn... I gotta catch this guy. So the excitement factor is definetely starting to emerge. I would vote for approval but I think this could still be better. Trapper trolls at dead ends? Rune of Speed should give a bigger boost. Arial shackles doesn't do much good because it stops the caster too. I vote for impale!

I guess I just want more of everything.

The more interaction between the racers the better.

Also, if all 3 comp players would race it would be better. I think a trigger
  • Actions-
  • Unit - Order unit to move to position of (exit)
would do the trick. Well, it might take a little more than that, but you know what I mean.

Final thoughts: More items, more variations, more AI, more speed, and creeps. Its just what I would do anyway.

Its really starting to look good!!!