• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Joe's Quest Remake

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
225163-9d8d03ccf6dc4cba8ed91d2aa11c330b.png

The trio of weirdness is back! Introducing Joe's Quest Remake, a custom campaign for Warcraft III version 1.35. Originally released in 2003, this campaign follows the misadventures of the pathetic drunkard Joe, his troublemaking son Lil' Timmy and the unflappable Wally. Do they have what it takes to survive against the evil Undead Scourge and more? Will they ever escape Lordaeron and enjoy a life of bliss on Kalimdor? Download and find out!

Looking for the other entries in the Joe's Chronicles series? Be sure to check out Deandra's Tale Remake and Mordork's Quest Remake!

Features
  • 5 re-made single-player chapters and 2 cinematic interludes!
  • New custom music and sounds!
  • Hundreds of custom models, voice files and music!

222313-f05bdd13994f6c9acaea3d9c8168f503.jpg
222314-e71883f1b8da505616ea9eae5266faff.jpg
222315-53dda29f20d5dd5fae3cf6204f51cb4e.jpg
222316-c6b4435c0e26a0739f17cb4130da41e6.jpg
222317-c30330c3a2c02123828bd3abd73e70dc.jpg
222318-ed8bc2f2d03bd8153dd9a32912deb623.jpg
222319-fc231a7e2013aa6f15ca5139fe964fd4.jpg

matborder-png.373331

joechroniclesold-png.401710

Not interested in this remake? Then come on down and revisit the trials of Joe, Deandra and Mordork with Joe's Chronicles Classic! Relive the derring-do of Joe the Drunkard, Deandra the Lovesick, and Mordork the Tortured Mage! Do our beloved heroes have what it takes to defeat the evil LeChunk and the dreaded Diablo? Will they ever get to the fireworks factory?! All this and more in Joe's Chronicles Classic! Download Joe's Quest GOLD now!

joelogos-png.404976

If this 'Remake' edition does interest you, then introducing the 'Remake' editions of Deandra's Tale and Mordork's Quest. Yes, the OG entries that form the Joe's Chronicles game-imatic universe! Featuring new characters, new music, new vibes! Both projects are still in-development, and I won't even mention that one time I had to reformat my PC and all the files were lost.

matborder-png.373331

FAQ
1) Have all levels been remade?
Yes, all levels have been edited and remade, some from the ground up for Warcraft III: Reforged.
2) What is the new Joe's Quest level about? The new level replaces the original interlude cutscene and will help flesh out Joe and his pals journey to find the elusive Silverspoon Seaport.
3) How much dialogue has been rewritten? I tried not to change as much of the original dialogue as possible. My overall goal is to keep the spirit of the original as much as possible!
4) Where is Joe's Quest 2? A sequel will be made based on the reception of these remakes. I hope people like it!
5) Why was there such a long delay for a sequel? I stopped working on the series after Joe's Quest 1.5 as I felt burnt out at the time and didn't really know where the story was going. That and my ambitions for the sequel outweighed my skillset and what assets were available at the time. Hopefully if and when I do start working on a sequel, it'll feel close in spirit to what I had originally intended all those years ago.
6) I hate how the 'Remake' versions looks and plays! Can I just play the original? Why of course! The download is at the bottom. Enjoy!

matborder-png.373331

Changelog

• Released on June 22, 2022

• Added new dialogue if Joe and friends visit their home after the Undead invasion
  • Removed Knight's Charge ability

• Added original interlude cinematic
  • Fixed Rulle Quickshot's portrait
  • Rewrote some of LeChunk and Arthas dialogue in the "Search for Silverspoon"
  • Added fix where if you completed the Brill quest first, completing side quests after shows the correct Overworld Map
  • Added fix which will limit Heroes from being over-leveled if you replay older levels
  • Made Wally's Reincarnation required level be 6 and not 0
  • Lowered hit points of Blizzy the Bear
  • Increased hit points and damage of some creeps
  • Renamed to 'Remake' from 'Remastered' (August 10, 2022)

• Improved the terrain in the 'Last Stand' interlude
  • Changed some of the dialogue in 'Last Stand'
  • Added a brand new journal collectible to all the levels to help flesh out the lore!
  • Added a reward when the player collects all codex and journal collectibles in a level
  • Removed level cap in the second level which bumped your heroes' levels to 2
  • Removed the 'Level 4' description for Wally's Summon Blizzy spell

• Added trigger that would prevent Arthas or Kel'Thuzad from leveling up during the interlude 'Last Stand'
  • Adjusted some elements in 'Last Stand'

• Increased damage of nearly all undead and creep units by 10-15%
  • Increased Arthas' and other minor bosses life and damage
  • Removed 'glow' effects on Teto the bartender's model
  • Lowered Timmy's priority to be equivalent to a ranged unit
  • Made Searing Arrows researched by default in the first level
  • Reverted Rifleman's attack sound to its original SFX
  • Updated the Acolyte and Gnoll Hut model
  • Ghouls in the overworld now die after you cleared the Brill section
  • Crypt Fiends can no longer burrow during the 'defend Seaport' section
  • Timmy sort of acknowledges that Arghammemnon should be dead
  • Made some doors in Lechunk's ship's hold invulnerable
  • Added trigger which restores the heroes auras after rescuing Joe in LeChunk's ship
  • Fixed typos for several codex entries and quest description throughout the campaign
  • Special thanks to the amazing Armelior_is_back for his feedback

• Updated the 'Last Stand' interlude again
  • Interlude has been abbreviated and enhanced further, including some reworked scenes
  • LeChunk's model has been swapped with a higher definition version

• Updated Remake from 1.27b to v.1.35 / Warcraft III: Reforged
  • Updated Naga building models with YourArthas' versions
  • Swapped some older SD models (Knight, Footman, and so on)

• Both Remake and 1.27 versions are now v2.08
  • Joe is now given two additional footmen after visiting Mordork Clavicle
  • Fixed a critical error when Lil' Timmy approaches the Black Citadel in Booty Bay
  • Fixed various typos in the first level

Known Issues
  • Game may crash in certain levels, but save infrequently as that may also cause crashes
  • In-game Music may suddenly stop playing. Either save your game and reload or turn music off and on

matborder-png.373331

Credits

Blizzard Entertainment
Warcraft Underground
YourArthas
Renn
Aeonux
Lazarator
Waredcraft
Aobo Wang

Blizzard Entertainment
Hearthstone

matborder-png.373331
Contents

Joe's Quest GOLD (Campaign)

Joe's Quest Remake (Campaign)

Joe's Quest Remake (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Originally a Director's Choice awarded map on Wc3search. A campaign with humor and excellent gameplay. Made by one of the community's best mappers.

Maxlaid

Banned
Level 4
резюмирует ваш «отзыв» довольно красиво. Вам еще предстоит опубликовать надлежащую объективную обратную связь, чтобы отразить ваш хромой рейтинг.
Then could you please explain how to place the images here? I've tried so many times, but they don't go.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Completed the passage of this remastered old campaign, even twice. Pros: cool loading screen; an idea with books describing places and characters; some places in the landscape.
And now I continue to criticize chapters, I have already painted chapter 1, so I'll start with 2:

CHAPTER 2:
1) I don't like water (it's like this on earth, but it pours out of a friend completely);
2) :xxd: Why huge ogres were replaced with giants (in one of the videos, the giant is even signed as an ogre). And I was very amused that the giant wolf has only 675 health;
3) For some reason, the eye disappears from the inventory, although in fact it turns out that we still have it.

CHAPTER 3:
1) The idea with the map is good, but poorly implemented. Why are barrels and chests the size of farms!? Goblin's shop turns out to be a whole fortress at all;
2) The model of the dwarf shooter, whom we release, does not have a portrait. And also when we come to the undead, the dwarf is INVULNERABLE for a while! Trolls don't have any portrait either;
3) Mixing WoW and standard (Again? I HATE IT!!!);

CHAPTER 4:
1) I didn't really like that the minefield was replaced with dull demons;
2) Why is the orc pink? I'm certainly not a racist, but for some reason it confuses me;
3) Is it possible to replace the Kel'thas model with another one? Even for WoW, this is complete shit;
4) When defending, a STANDARD OGRE GIANT runs out. WTF!?
5) Knights again with pumping for a fast attack speed. What 116-118 attacks to an archer!? And why does pumping for ranged attack and ranged armor only work on the shooter? Knights are so much faster than imba that you demolish the undead bases on easy (you can check for yourself).

CHAPTER 5:
1) Why were the pirate people replaced by ogres? And in general, it would be possible to paint such changes in the plot;
2) There is some kind of noise that goes on in the commercials (it is annoying).

CHAPTER 6:
1) NOISE!!!
2) Orc skeletons have broken portraits;
3) Standard skeletons are summoned from the spheres of darkness;
4) Gargoyles when regenerated becomes a standard gargoyle statue. It's the same with the spider. And in general, WoW is mixed with the standard again (NOOOOOOOO!!!).

Overall, the campaign was very disappointing. We were promised Remastered and received Refunded :vw_death:
And so you say your work has been tested. I have a question for these "toasters": HOW DID YOU TEST IT!? Why are there so many jambs when passing!?

In general, one knowing score: 1/5.
I hope you will draw conclusions.
Hilarious. You surely don't know when to stop. Removed completely retarded rating based on childish arguments + warning from me for the last time as well.

Level 2
The remaster is certainly well made. A new chapter, new monsters, new resources, and new humor. However, it was regrettable that about one-third of the existing humor that existed at the time of the original was lost due to the change in the story. However, his wisdom is much better than Blizzard. Because Blizzard got rid of classic. On the other hand, he uploaded the classic together. This should not be called a remaster. It's appropriate to call it a remake.

I don't even know anymore...
I hope you can change everything as you want in the remaster of the next campaign. Because you are the owner of campaign.

Completed the passage of this remastered old campaign, even twice. Pros: cool loading screen; an idea with books describing places and characters; some places in the landscape.
And now I continue to criticize chapters, I have already painted chapter 1, so I'll start with 2:

CHAPTER 2:
1) I don't like water (it's like this on earth, but it pours out of a friend completely);
2) :xxd: Why huge ogres were replaced with giants (in one of the videos, the giant is even signed as an ogre). And I was very amused that the giant wolf has only 675 health;
3) For some reason, the eye disappears from the inventory, although in fact it turns out that we still have it.

CHAPTER 3:
1) The idea with the map is good, but poorly implemented. Why are barrels and chests the size of farms!? Goblin's shop turns out to be a whole fortress at all;
2) The model of the dwarf shooter, whom we release, does not have a portrait. And also when we come to the undead, the dwarf is INVULNERABLE for a while! Trolls don't have any portrait either;
3) Mixing WoW and standard (Again? I HATE IT!!!);

CHAPTER 4:
1) I didn't really like that the minefield was replaced with dull demons;
2) Why is the orc pink? I'm certainly not a racist, but for some reason it confuses me;
3) Is it possible to replace the Kel'thas model with another one? Even for WoW, this is complete shit;
4) When defending, a STANDARD OGRE GIANT runs out. WTF!?
5) Knights again with pumping for a fast attack speed. What 116-118 attacks to an archer!? And why does pumping for ranged attack and ranged armor only work on the shooter? Knights are so much faster than imba that you demolish the undead bases on easy (you can check for yourself).

CHAPTER 5:
1) Why were the pirate people replaced by ogres? And in general, it would be possible to paint such changes in the plot;
2) There is some kind of noise that goes on in the commercials (it is annoying).

CHAPTER 6:
1) NOISE!!!
2) Orc skeletons have broken portraits;
3) Standard skeletons are summoned from the spheres of darkness;
4) Gargoyles when regenerated becomes a standard gargoyle statue. It's the same with the spider. And in general, WoW is mixed with the standard again (NOOOOOOOO!!!).

Overall, the campaign was very disappointing. We were promised Remastered and received Refunded :vw_death:
And so you say your work has been tested. I have a question for these "toasters": HOW DID YOU TEST IT!? Why are there so many jambs when passing!?

In general, one knowing score: 1/5.
I hope you will draw conclusions.
What's wrong with that? So he uploaded the classic version. If you have a complaint with him, don't explode here and ask him in a personal note.

Hang on just a moment.
Did I read this right? Joe's Quest out of all things is going serious mode?
Joe's. Quest. Serious.

What?
No. It's part of it. I think my translator is working incorrectly, so I think the meaning is wrong.

Level 4
I'm not going to lie, the tepid reception to this release hasn't been great. I really appreciate those that have given the campaign a try, but it really puts a damper on proceeding with this series.

Alot of it is rose-tinted googles. Joe’s Quest was good for it’s time. Really good. Amazingly bloody GOOD! Any change to this that doesn’t preserve the insanely high bar is seen as degrading. When in reality, it is great to see you back.

The Original Joe's Quest is just so insanely high quality it is hard to catch all the details. The humor was on point, it had very good gameplay, but the biggest contribution was just the spectacle. Grand scale battles, shifting cameras from boat-view to scene view. It is techniques that to this day is underused in custom campaigns. I am not convinced taking out the battle cinematic is an improvement. Yes it serves little purpose for the story, but it was still very impressive for the time.

Already played through the remaster of course.

Chapter 1: Like others I miss having the cinematic with the mothers fate. The total insignificance from Joe is part of the humor that worked well in the original.

Chapter 2: Not sure what people are smoking, the new giant models work great. But at the same time, the Eye of Newt should stay around, which it currently does not.

Chapter 3

New chapter. Overall I really liked the concept. It does have some kinks though.

Like others I experienced that Wally disappears during the Cutscene before the Arthas fight. This soft-locks the chapter since you need to escape with all.

Second Bug is that if you complete any side-quest after having progressed to the eastern part of the map, you will be locked out because it returns to the default camera bounds.

Also LeChunks new motivation really don’t work all that well for me. Nor him being some master over Arthas. Or a winnable Arthas fight in general.

Chapter 4:

So far I have only played the X path, but I really like it. The spectacle of the cinematic fight works. It really rolls. And the insignificance from Joe and pals when he loses is excellent. I think my one note is that X’s model seems lacking. That crude stick doesn’t really shouldn’t be able to pull those katana stunts. But overall from what I have seen this is the best preservation of the original Joe’s quest humor and cinematic quality.

Oh and for the macro part, I took one look at the basic RTS strategy guide that says when you are 5 level 8 heroes against none, the proper response is just reign righteous fury on the enemy base. So that is what I did.

Chapter 5:

Remember the Rose-tinted googles. Yea, I am fully aware that the original was just brief boat-fight but nowadays that just comes off as cheap. It has nothing to do with the Remaster though and still excellent use of the shifting cameras.

Chapter 6:

It is shifted into a macro mission, which shifts the focus, but it seems to have excellent gameplay. I also like that it is harder to miss the peasants, which is good because they are very much needed.

Difficulty:

This campaign is a lot easier than the original. Much of this comes from proper hero cache, meaning that optimized item builds are transferred over. It also seems the campaign is more generous with hero levels.

Wally can gain Reincarnation by level 3. And with his bear now being permanent, he got a lot fewer mana issues.

Perspective:

I hope the reception hasn’t completely destroyed your spirit. Joe’s quest was always going to be a hard act to repeat, lightning in a bottle and all that. But to bring focus on Mordorks Quest, you really have to believe in positive results with that, for 2 reasons.

1: It is much lower scope, and 2: It’s current state is massively deteriorated by bugs. You really cannot ruin it, simply because it is impossible to bring it to a worse state than what it already is in. Just having a final battle that actually works is a significant improvement. Much of the humor is timeless because LOTR references basically haven't aged a day since 2008.

I still enjoyed the time spent on this campaign, and would totally repeat with Mordork's quest if it gets made.

Level 23
I'm very proud of this remaster, and I understand not wanting to mess with a classic, but alas. Seeing the lukewarm reception has been less than ideal. Anyway, thanks Sumadin for the feedback. I'll put out an update ASAP. Thank you all for the support.

Hello,man.Can i translate it into chinese?

Go right ahead. I suggest working with the latest v2.02 which adds back the original interlude and some essential fixes.

Last edited:

Maxlaid

Banned
Level 4
I'm very proud of this remaster, and I understand not wanting to mess with a classic, but alas. Seeing the lukewarm reception has certainly made me reconsider moving forward for now. Anyway, thanks Sumadin for the feedback. Noted on the error in Chapter Three, I've looked into it and I have no idea what's causing the problem. I'll try to fix it ASAP, as well as the other issues you cited. As for LeChunk's motivation and Arthas role in the story, I mulled over a lot over what it will be, and I may change it again in the next major update. I'll also look into re-incorporating the interlude since I think it can still fit in the overall story anyway.

Go right ahead!
I hope you correct what I said.

Level 6
This campaign (the Remaster, that is) has AMAZING graphics AND it runs like butter at the same time.

Incredible!!

Level 23
Hello! Thank you everyone for all the feedback. I've updated the campaign to v2.02 (full list in the changelog), which includes many essential fixes:

• Re-added the interlude cinematic from the original GOLD edition
  • Modified the dialogue between Arthas and the L***** in "The Search for Silverspoon"
  • Fixed Rulle Quickshot's portrait
  • Added fix so that your heroes aren't over-leveled when replaying past levels
  • Added fix where if you completed the Brill quest first, completing side quests after shows the correct Overworld Map in "The Search for Silverspoon"
  • Fixed Wally's Reincarnation spell so it's a level 6 spell and not 0

Last edited:
Level 7
just beaten the remake. had a great time with that extra flavour. kudos to you med. i loved the extras, and top notch cinema and camera controls. bravo!

Level 4
Hey Med! Finally got around to playing this one after Mathias' Chronicles Part I, I'm still just a couple maps in, but I wanted to share some thoughts, I even got like, notes I took as things happened lol, that's how into it I was I guess. The visuals in this are amazing, I said it in the Mathias' Chronicles comment/review, but your eye for cinematic storytelling makes this stuff transcend the source material, it's like its your own little game. Anyway, here are my scattered notes lol:

Chapter 1
-I love the vibe at the start, the environment has this childhood summer feel, that feels like an omen to this big adventure
-The presentation makes me re-evaluate how I see Timmy, it's interesting, he's a kid, you know, he disobeys his parents, explores the world in his own way, makes his own connections with folks that the residents of the village would disapprove of, a later Joe-dex explains that he hates the idea of being confined to the town. Timmy feels different to me now, all of these years later, with a different look and a different context like this, while this campaign is still pretty silly and humorous, he's less of a cartoon and instead a more realized character
-Lmao, I decided to play with the bear and they killed me, I can see that we are in a Sierra adventure
-I stepped on Phil's flowers and he did as he said he would, that's great haha. Getting to live out my Timmy roleplay of bringing hell to everyone everywhere
-I love the idea of Mordork teleporting inside their house with the horse, excellent camera angles too, also loving the soundtrack throughout this intro
-I like the detail that the kids with their parents don't talk to Timmy. Because what kid wants to be seen by other kids when they are with their parents
-Huh, if Agamamomomomn dies, you fail the quest, I guess that was kind of obvious, but I did not see this in the quest log (maybe I'm blind), so I figured he didn't matter, oh well lol
-The Joe-dex entries are a nice touch, they kind of expand on some of the background in ways that Joe's Quest normally wouldn't
-Found a lady named Galular in the graveyard visiting someone's grave, who appears to have been close to Joe, that's an intriguing little story of its own
-I love the acknowledgement of what happens to Goblin sappers hahahaha
-Hmmm, I wonder if we will see Momma again, in the original she turned into a banshee right? Maybe she haunts the characters later on, or in another campaign, like Joe's Quest 2, she does seem to be the most competent person in the family, so she would be a formidable foe, and apparently Joe does care about her, so it could even have some personal stakes
-The latter half of the first map is the usual stuff, but it's still a fun escape. I felt that it was lacking some music, though

Chapter 2
-Still enjoying looking for the Joe-dexes
-Also, this music is a jam (all of the music has been jams and bops, maybe it's redundant to say it but it's worth saying it lol)
-It's good to see Wally again, he is looking spiffy and handsome as always
-The fountain of health in this map is a beautiful place to be, I can see what attracted Wally to these parts. Loved the Murloc villages too (are they even big enough to be considered villages? I guess I never stopped to think how big a place has to be in order to be considered a village)
-Love how the valley of giants looks, the giant furniture makes it look so lived in, like a place where these beings reside, rather than a space for a specific gimmicky encounter
-The scene with the giant stepping on the Verminbolgs was pretty legit, it kind of amazed me how this map turned out compared to the original, in that version I mostly remember just running through the valley of giants, with one brief stop to grab the eye of newt, but in this version it felt like a much more fleshed out segment, I wanted to take my time and explore every giant foot of this environment, it's a place unlike anywhere else in Warcraft 3's numerous maps and campaigns and that's always nice to experience, something new and refreshing.

-Oooh, this reminds me of getting to the world map in the old classic Final Fantasy games, this is such a cool idea.
-Ah of course, our objective is to find a tavern, yup, that is how you know this is Joe's quest hahahaha.
(At the Tavern)
-This Ogre lord says he will file a complaint to the tavern's manager, that is a scary thought. Although probably not as much of a horror story as some of the things that happen in retail.
-Oh no! The tavern exploded. Good thing Teto is invulnerable, otherwise I would have been worried.
(Back to the Valley of Giants... or not)
-Ah, I need to stop waking up giant sleeping beasts, there must be something wrong with my sense of self-preservation.
(Wandering again)
-I find it funny that I could possibly afford a sailboat from the abandoned Goblin shipyard, if only we had some wood. I knew I should have picked the lumberjack class instead of the pathetic.
-Oh my god, Murgy is adorable, look at them swinging their little sword around. I love them.
1657088434546.png

-Gerard needs to stop losing his damn ledger, why do people even keep stealing this crap? It's full of boring facts and figures.
(at the Orc Encampment)
-I love the decoration in this place, someone should inform these Orcs about the dangers of lighting fires inside of a cavern though.
-I'm kinda surprised (and thankful) that there was nothing hidden inside of the hut, figured a Joe-dex could be in there.
(Wandering again)
-Alright... we need Joe's Quest 2 just so that we can catch up to Gerard. I'm gonna steal his ledger.
(At the other Murloc village)
-Holy guacamole! It's Murloc admiral Thr'awn!
-This is a brilliant strategy, we have a demolisher and they do not. Thr'awn is a master tactician.
(Wandering again)
-I'm noticing an unsettling pattern, in which every place we visit ends up on fire after our departure.
(At Brill)
-Well... at least this place is already on fire.
-Brill is the place where the plague of undeath was discovered? Is that like, warcraft lore? I did not know that. That is interesting.
(Wandering again)
-Yep, those footmen are still fighting the zombies.
-Ooooh the map expands! You know, that remidns me, I once watched a TED talk video about level design, where the speaker talked about how you can give a false impression that the edge of the world (and content) is at one point, when actually it goes further beyond that, and that's how you make the world feel expansive and fun, rather than just making it big and expecting the player to enjoy that freedom of exploring a big empty space with nothing in it. "'Freedom' is in a future that you did not have in the past" he said (I wrote it down like a nerd).
-So I found an orb of lightning, I think something that could be improved about this set up is if I had some way to exchange items between the party members, because I don't want to drop the stuff that is on Joe at the current moment, but Wally could probably use this.
(At the Dwarven fortress)
-Ooooh, this place looks lovely! Oh no the dwarves of Moria are dead!
-I discovered that the camera isn't properly locked in this location, I can peek at the world map when I move it to the west/left.
-I wonder how Arthas feels about Le Chunk, we only got to hear Frostmourne's opinion. It must have been an interesting introduction.
-Good thing Arthas is a total pushover and can be defeated by our heroes, he should really go get some better abilities, that stuff is so Melee.
-Another thing I discovered is that the door behind Arthas can be destroyed, it leads nowhere, but no biggie, turning back now.
(Wandering again)
-Ah, Arthas is not dead, I did not see that one coming.
(In conclusion)
-I loved this chapter, it was like a series of assorted mini adventures, like the good filler episodes of a tv show, I could do this silly stuff forever.

-I enjoy this conversation between Timmy and Wally. Is Kalimdor too warm for Wally? I never considered that actually, poor Wally.
-Okay, I'm gonna play this one twice, when I get to silverspoon I'm gonna restart, first the swamp ghost path or whatever it was.
(Up Path)
-Oh hey! It's the old vitch lady from Resident Evil Village!
-Well, I can't step on the vitch's ritual circle, so I guess I'm stuck in this swamp forever. At least it's a nice place to live.
-I love the combat theme in this campaign, it's catchy. Also, it's a good thing Joe has the ability to transmute his enemies into gold, as all pathetics do.
-Well, if there is anything I learned from Lordaeron royalty, is that I should always trust strange Necromancers that I happen to stumble upon, so I guess I'm siding with these folks.
-Wait, I summoned Blizzy by accident (wanted Joe's On the House) and I got two Blizzies now? I can do that? I think I'm not supposed to do that.
-It's a Werewolf thing! This really is Resident Evil Village.
-Okay, I can't have three Blizzies, I can have two, but not three.
-Hmm, picking up the Joe-dex for "Sylvanas Windrunner" didn't add anything to my log. Well, I'm sure it was nobody important.
-Oh hey, there she is. Yeah yeah Timmy whatever, you and like a few hundred thousand people. Lucky for you they still had her wearing the same silly stuff Alexstraza wears. Have you ever noticed how they slooowly moved away from her eyes being completely red? Now it's just the iris, I guess they felt full red eyes people are not relatable or something.
-I guess if I was helping Sylvanas all along, then this means that the necromancers I was helping were part of the scourge, well that's awkward, let's leave so I can go to the X path.
(Down Path)
-This Felhound looks awesome. It's like a tattoo come to life.
-Hmm, I didn't get a Joe-dex entry for the cultists either, weird.
-Ah, good to see X again, looking more purple than usual today. I love that he still has early 2000's Matrix-inspired, 360° camera spin powers. Can't wait to make an AMV about him to the sound of Linkin Park's Papercut.
-Yeah, don't tell the garrison of Silverspoon that we killed their potential reinforcements.
-Huh, I noticed we skipped the bit with the mines, I guess that's alright, it wasn't the most engaging thing ever, I didn't hate it but eh, I do prefer this version of this path.
-Hahaha I like how X's fight with Kael still has all of those bullet time pauses and all.
-This Kael fella seems alright, I'm sure he has a bright future ahead of him.
(At Silverspoon Seaport)
-Oh hey! It's Larissa from the Mathias Chronicles! And Kyreen! This is a cool idea, it fits pretty seemlessly since you needed characters to be in this situation, and it makes sense that it would be them. I like this Campaign Universe stuff that you're doing, and you didn't even need a bad remake of the Mummy to get it going (Brendan Frasier would make a good Joe).
-Kyreen disappeared, strangely, she's on the hero selection up top, but I can't select her.
-I forgot that the giants show up during all this, but this one looks like an Ogre though, and he doesn't talk about the eye of newt.
-Oh no! The undead are slaughtering all of the people waiting in line to get on the boat! Good thing my mission objective has nothing to do with that.
-I wonder what happened to Larissa and Kyreen, guess I'll have to wait until I get to Mathias 2.

(Chapter 5)
-Ohh I love this shot of Arthas watching the ship fade away into the distance, this looks beautiful with the new ship model and the waves, also love the world map.
-Blistering blue marlins! A 2 minute timer, I forgot about that! It's a good thing the game pauses when I tab over, but let's pretend I'm writing this under pressure!
-I love captain Roundbottom's model, his tattoos are pretty cool, and I like his hat. The ship also looks lovely with these new textures and models.
-Lovely shot of the ship leaving again.
-Where did Le Chunk get that giant skull to put in front of his ship anyway?
-Oh that's right, Wally is a Walrus. He can swim.
-Booty Bay? I like that map.
-I do tremble when I hear the name Arghnomnom, but it's more of grammatical fear than what he's going for.
(Chapter 6)
-So does Argentmom have a side gig as a pirate? Last time I checked he was a poacher in the middle of continental Lordaeron, but now he has all of these Buccaneers and Vile Pirates with him, who do look a lot like his land-faring variety of bandits, maybe all it takes is calling themselves "Bucanneer" and "Vile Pirate".
-You know, back in chapter three, I bought this scroll of town portal, I thought I could be cheeky and teleport straight to Silverspoon, but that never panned out and now here I am, 3 chapters later, in the middle of the sundering ocean (that's what I'm calling it) with no town halls in sight.
-This landscape reminds me a lot of the second act of the Rexxar campaign, I approve!
-Something that I've been thinking of lately, is that I think the music could loop a little bit more, I understand not wanting to have it overstay its welcome, but at the moment there are a lot of long silences.
-I do recall disliking the gameplay of this chapter in the original version, even though I liked the setting, the story and the events that happened in it, it was just a lot of slow hit-and-run-esque naval fights with the one boat, it was the bit of the original Joe's Quest that I liked the least, this has been much better so far, it reminds me of some of my favorite bits from the Maiev and Rexxar campaigns.
-I appreciate that the frigates have resistant skin, I don't recall them having that in the original, but that does make them more usable.
-Ah, so grand moff Le Chunk wishes to catch the eyes of miss Proudmoore, finally, after all these years we know his personal motives.
-Interesting, so Le Chunk is not really a well dressed Infernal, and he is not with the Lich King, perhaps he is a Kul Tiran sailor, lost to the seas and warped by the old gods, or just a stalker from Dalaran who adopted a bit of a naval theme in a childish attempt to impress Jaina and then was transformed by magic.
-Ohh I like this added sequence with Timmy inside of the Black Citadel. What does "hacking" the citadel entail, exactly? I always wondered about that.
-Argumentmon wonders why Timmy wants to rescue Joe, it's simple, he can't rage against the machine if there is no machine.
-Oh no, the butcher from Diablo! How many times do I have to teach you this lesson, old man?
-Oh my god, Joe can carry the penguin on his back! Truly technology has brought us to a new age of innovation.
-I don't quite remember how this mission ended originally, but I remember Joe causing the explosion, I do much prefer this version. That explosion was sick, and it was nice to see the deck of Le Chunk's ship, for as long as it remained buoyant.
(Epilogue)
-"Who died and made Joe captain"? I'm sure there is a long, long, long list of tragic misfortune that led to this disastrous outcome.
-Oh come on Joe, it has only taken 15 years so far, you got nothing to worry about.

I'll make sure to post the rest of the notes as I play through the campaign!

Oh, one last thing I wanted to tell you, sometimes we go into new projects with a certain enthusiasm, we pour a lot of creativity and care into it, it feels very invigorating to weave these stories and see our vision come together, then we open it up to the world for it to be judged and that can at times feel soul rending, when we don't see that same enthusiasm mirrored in how others respond to our work, it's like a rejection, it makes us feel lesser, I think that's an inherent challenge in the act of sharing things that are so dear to us, it can't be helped that you can't please everyone, and it is totally natural and reasonable to feel saddened or discouraged when that happens, but dude, I want you to know that you have created something amazing here, even if I come up on some bugs or whatever later on, I mean I'm not even done with this campaign, but I can already tell that it's special because the effort, the creativity and the care you put into it shines through plain as day.

Ultimately it's up to you if you wish to proceed with your projects or not, there will always be challenges one way or another, but I think you should try to do what makes you happy, work on the projects you want, the way you want, or not if you don't want to, either way, I'm thankful that you've made this Med, I remember playing JQ over a decade ago, it was always part of my re-playthroughs of Warcraft 3, it is canon to me hahaha, and it has been a blast to revisit this classic of my youth under a new light. At any rate, I'm rambling, peace. :peasant-cheers-back:

Edit: added chapter 3 to my "journal" of notes.

Edit 2: finished the campaign, now all of my notes are present. This was a blast! Loved the remaster it had a lot to add to the original, wasn't just a touch up with some fancy models and textures or anything like that, it feels much more polished and well realized, your growth as a campaign designer and mapper shows.

Last edited:
Level 5
Aye, so this was my first campaign of the series and I thought that, if I start, I may as well start with the remake for an unbiased opinion.

First of all, it's a really cool and great campaign, I like the humour. The bits and pieces you can read with the Joe-Dex are a nice touch. The maps look really good overall especially considering it's classic (I played on 1.28.5 for this campaign) and you can tell you've put a lot of effort in it. I love the custom models and terrain bits you used. Some small bits of humour went past me though, because I'm no native english speaker :D I especially loved
the worldmap chapter, that was something fun I've never seen anywhere else in WC3! Just wish there were more optional locations for some extra fun, especially since there was a lot of room and points of interest that could be used for some nice laughs.

Anyway there are a few little caveats that I've found; (Putting it in Spoiler just in case)
I thought it was weird that there was barely a reaction to the fact the scourge burnt their house (And supposedly their wife and mom) in chapter 1 but that's a rather minor plothole in my opinion. Would be cool if we get to know what happened, any implications or stuff. Not needed though. In cinematics that use the ocean sounds; That sound is pretty loud and annoying, but fortunately it's no ongoing issue. The frost attack (while not generally being useful, but a cool (heh) detail of Blizzy) of Blizzy doesn't appear to work at all. Maybe give him a very minor frost aura that lowers movement speed by 10% and attack speed by 5%? Maybe 10 when it's level 3, dunno^^ The frost blade thing you can find, I wasn't able to unequip it. Finally the biggest caveat is chapter transition. Because there was none. After Chapters end I get thrown back into the main menu or chapter selection screen and additionally in Chapter 2 Joe went back to level 1. As far as I can tell this didn't happen going onwards. I have absolutely no idea if any of these issues are related to the WC3 version.

Anyway, as I said, great Campaign and looking forward for more ^^ I'd rate it 4/5 if I could, but I can't seem to rate it, at least I don't know how. Great job, keep going and don't be discouraged. Some users like me play maps and campaigns without (usually) ever rating or reviewing it, so take the written receptions with a grain of salt when evaluating your drive to do more :D

Level 2
I'm new to this site and just started with the custom campaigns.
I'm playing the remastered version, didn't play the classic.
It's really well made, I'm having a great time with it. Thank you for your work.
I'm looking forward to your future works /sequel.

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I just started a playthrough of Remastered. So far I've finished Chapter 1.
Let me preface by saying I love what you've done with the place! The atmosphere is fantastic, and (similar to your Mathias reworks) the level design is beautiful. It's clear that a lot of work has gone into this.

I've diligently taken notes about minor bugs and potential graphical improvements, but I won't be clogging up this thread with those. Instead, I'll talk to you privately, so expect a message soon-ish.

And a side note. Med, don't let critique get to you in a bad way. Especially when said critique is obviously subjective and very poorly thought out. My first impression is that you've done great work with your remaster. Kinks that need ironing out are always a thing. Do so at your own pace. Keep up the good work.

Level 3
There is an old bug in Chapter 2. When Joe sees the warning “beware” on the road sign then presses the ESC key immediately.at this time, the cinematic will be interrupted and ended but the monster in the cave will slam the ground and cause the screen to vibrate, this vibration cannot be stopped in-game.
there may be some issues with the map trigger. hope to see a small update like quality improvements or bug fixes to gold edition.

Level 2
Great campaign!

It was really fun to play through the remake and try to remember all the little bits from the original and what has changed.

I enjoyed the new graphics for the most parts. The terrain is as always with you excellent and make you want to explore everywhere, I especially love the town terraining with all the little doodads that give life to the scene. The only thing to remark on is that it is not consistent; there are a lot of custom models in here and not everything fit together, like the old LeChunk model which clashes horribly with the new Joe, Timmy and Wally models.

Hero abilitys feels good overall but there are some issues with them. A lot of abilities has description for 4 levels but the max level is still 10.
Wally's Blizzy bear also has a frost attack which does nothing and the description itself does not correspond at all to the bear stats I got.
General
  • A lot of chapters continue buttons threw my back to the start menu. Is this something anyone else has experienced or might my install be bugged?
  • I also had a lot of crashes which really haven't had much of on 1.27 before, is this only me or something peculiar to this campaign (and mordorks)?
Chapter 1
  • With timmy the bear auto defeats you if you go to it. this is not fun if you have not made a save before. These types of encounters should have some sort of way to avoid the insta defeat (Perhaps take you to half hp instead?)
Chapter 2
  • Hero levels are not saved between chapter 1 and 2 (items are)
Chapter 3
  • Great idea for a map!
  • The insta defeat on going back to the valley of giants is not fun if you have gone through the entire map and then just gets insta defeated without having a save.
Chapter 4
  • Great improvement on the starting choose path quest with the banshee if I remember correctly from the original.
  • Frostguard cannot be dropped once taken up. Drops from first Arthas attack.

Chapter 5
  • Solid fun map, had no issues at all with it.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed my playthrough although with the occasional crash issue. Hope we get a Deandra remake as well :)

Level 1
I love your maps, but I cannot start them on Reforged. It doesn't have a custom campaigns section. You have to separate each map on a different file and zip them all, so we can start each map from the download folder.

Level 4
I love your maps, but I cannot start them on Reforged. It doesn't have a custom campaigns section. You have to separate each map on a different file and zip them all, so we can start each map from the download folder.
Hii, it is recommended to play this campaign on previous versions of Wc3 (the download info suggestions any version between 1.24a and 1.28c), here's a very handy thread that can help you with that. It is a bit of a slight hassle setting up separate Warcraft 3 installs, and I am sorry about that, Blizzard has left a bit of a mess in our hands, but it will be worth it, it won't take that long to get it done, and there's a lot of pretty good guides as well as helpful people who can answer any questions you have.

I hope you enjoy the campaign! :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 29
You need Xetanth87's Campaign Splitter to play custom campaigns on Reforged, but I can't guarantee this method 100% works on the custom campaigns.
Even 1.33's Reforged is absolutely impossible because there are TONS of bugs when you play custom maps and campaigns.
You should follow that guy's suggestion to use the non-Reforged versions of Warcraft III (there is a link that directs you to the all versions of WC3).
1.31 is also not recommended since loading a saves can permanently "ruin" the gameplay (broken triggers).

Level 20
I know how important good feedback is, so I'm trying to give as much as possible (and hopefully useful advices as a fellow mapmaker) :
WALL OF TEXT & MAJOR NICKPICKING INCOMING !

-Played the 2.04 version on normal difficulty on my 1.27 game version-

-first, the presentation is top-notch : loading screens, new models, sounds, music, cutscenes etc. are excellent as always (with some exceptions but that's mostly personal preferences : I prefered the dopey villager model for Joe, OTOH the new tuskar is still great for Wally)
-for the models, do you use a map with all the models from the mod Rebirth as a base for all your maps ?
-is it on purpose that all the maps are available immediately and aren't connected + heroes abilities aren't 100% kept between maps ? because of Reforged's aversion to campaigns maybe ?
-I still love the beer coat-of-arms in the loading screens
-Teto looks like ghoul with a strange light thingy growing on his back ? No normal elf model available or it's deliberate ?
-after the 1st map the heroes seem way too powerful because of the tons of items+tomes until the last map which is a bit harder
-units often have abilities unavailable like searing arrows unavailable for the archer in map1, you have to make them researched in the upgrade menu in map preferences
-the music stops after playing once or after reloading the map, you should either replace the race music so the track(s) automatically plays or put a trigger with a timer of the song's length (if you already did that it's probably on my end)
-love the idea of collectible codex entries rewarding exploration, but some are a bit dry (the humorous ones are great) - the deep lore is not the selling point of Joe's series after all
-the npc dialogs that appear overhead are easy to miss and don't get logged, I would prefer if you used "transmission from unit" to not miss anything
-it would be great to have Timmy stay behind in formation since he's ranged and squishy (stats - rank formation)
-some trees are selectable units instead of destructible (why ?) and it's a bit of a pain in the south part of the map in combat
-the first time I heard the attack line "was that really necessary" was when I killed a rabbit :xxd:
-I can't "play with the bear" if I decline the 1st time ? Love the possibility of the player to get a game over for being stupid
-Timmy has an unspent skill point on his icon at the start
-I don't remember orcs in the south in the original, I like that Timmy can talk to every critter or them when the other heroes just attack on sight
-mommy codex entry : "mostest" unless it's intended ?
-3-headed ogre : might that be a reference to a certain (lucasartsian) island ?
-the other village troublemaker is either called Pamwise/Samwise
-the whole "enter the mine without knowing it will get you raped by a lvl9 golem" is a bit of a dick move IMO
-love the fact that you get some means of healing now : argh having life drain + having a priest in the 2nd part
-on the house ability description : "throws buys"
-I love the new polymorph icon
-there's a shadow in joe's house, is there an invisible unit there ?
-I still like the new unarmed combat sounds you use but hate the new rifle sound which is way too loud (in both sense of the word)
-some units are harder to select with the new models : undeads for example - I don't know if it could be improved by changing values in the editor or if it's the model
-some spelling or grammar in mordork's dialog when gobs blow themselves up
-Joe has always been a selfish prick but he's a bit too agressive against the gobs : is there a reason, or did you just increase his assholish side ?
-the skeletal orc portrait is horrible, I know most WOW rips have no real portrait and it's not playable in this campaign but...
-the old gnolls huts model stand out horribly because you zoom on them, maybe change them to another type of building if there is no perfect model replacement
-why are the monsters swamp things ? they should be in the swamp map, I suppose it's a reference to the comic
-the paths are a bit too narrow for a mostly melee party on the right side
-I got the bonus for all the codex entries when I got the giant recipe and I got it a 2nd time when I actually completed the collection
-the verminbolg are so drunk that they still have the special effect even after their bodies have disappeared :grin:
-the codex entry with the sleeping giants feels like trap - or is there a way to get it without waking them ? you can't turn invisible like in the original and you can't get around them
-could have been revamped a bit more than terrain and music, it feels a bit dated and less cinematic compared to your usual work (and unfortunately for me using the "pissed" lines from units makes no sense in my language since it'a bunch of random references)
-the knight that fight arthas just runs away and seems to die from a heart attack instead of I suppose being stabbed by arthas
-the infernals do nothing at the end since everyone is already dead around
-I love the overmap, it reminds me of Neverwinter night 2
-I understand why there is no minimap because of the different parts but I would still preferred to have one like in your old maps, to make sure i didn't miss anything
-you can buy a ship at the goblin shipyard - well you would need wood but still
-you can buy a teleporting staff which can probably mess with further maps
-sino astra and nova : reference to something ?
-some trolls that come in the tavern to fight just go back to the entrance and wait there
-brill codex entry "delicay"
-gobby godick is too friendly for his inspiration, he should be a demon
or something :gg:
-it would be cool if the ghouls on the overmap died after you clean Brill like the other changes of location
-when I get stonegrinder's note I get the bonus with 1 undiscovered entry and when I get dwarfo's I get the bonus again
-fighting Arthas directly feels wrong... especially since he goes down like a punk in less than 5 seconds (no problem in next map since you have an army and so does he)
*witches paths
-the "door" to the witches house is strange
-blizzy's animation when eating corpses is ridiculous... not sure if it's a bug or a feature
-defense is not good for cultists since you can't tell visually it's on/off and makes little sense, frenzy would be better for example
-codex vitches notes 2 "to be able" is repeated

*dalaran freaks path
-X intro is even more cheesy then before with the new model, but the axe doesn't really work as a "cut stuff and wait a few seconds to see the effect" IMO
-miss a word before vengeance in X's dialog
-codex kael "dangerouns"
-codex cultists "most strangest" maybe on purpose ?
-cutscene X's dialog "gravelly"

*siege
-cutscene larissa "reinfrocements"
-2 different codexes depending on path : nice attention to detail :thumbs_up:
-larissa & kyreen are from Mathias I think, does joe takes place in the same canon as mathias ?
-some troll huts are considered enemies which is great, but why only a couple and others neutral as usual (and tents, murlock huts etc.)
-frostguard can't be put down once picked
-crypt fiends don't have animation for burrowing and don't have AI after they resurface + you gave human units "bionic eyes" which is weird : just don't give the cryp fiends burrow at all and all those aren't a problem anymore
-infernal death animation is weird
-the siege quest says 30 min, 20 or so minutes and the timer is 25... make up you mind ^^
-the ending happens at 10 min+ from the end of the timer, which is probably intended, but the end is very abrupt : fade to black + 1 sentence and BOOM, next map ! it's a bit jarring
-cutscene dialog : timmy doesn't look like he's 5 anymore with the new model
-cutscene joe says "in the chest" it should be "on"
-didn't we kill argh in map1 ? he seems fine AND nobody acknowledges it which is weird
-love the ogre captain model
-like a lot of new models, hydras corpses stay but it's more of a problem because they hide items, same with one of the bosses
-the gameplay is really improved overall : the island part is more interesting than whatever was in the original, the pathfinding in the buildings is less of a nightmare than I remember, the enemies are more varied
-destroying buildings is a bit long without any siege damage when you can't use the pirate ships
-it's really nice to have heroes being revived instead of game over since they can get stuck, especially Timmy which I used alone to explode the barrels
-some of the doors on lechunk's ship can be destroyed
-heroes lose their auras after joe's rescue cutscene

All in all, a great remake with improved gameplay and presentation. I don't understand those who say it's lost its humor.
The new map is great and something I've never seen in warcraft3, it's kinda like the rexxar campaign but it doesn't feel the same.
I just regret that if felt too easy except the 1st and last map, but I haven't tried hard difficulty yet.
I hope this will be useful to Med. MapGuy.

Level 29
i cant unzip the file....
You mean "unzipping the campaign file" using Xetanth87's tool to be playable on Reforged?

The issue is pretty obvious. All remake campaigns by MedMapGuy, maybe like the others such as Legends of Arkain, are fully protected. There's nothing to do for this campaign. Furthermore, it's best to play this on non-Reforged WC3 (1.27b) to avoid numerous bugs, even though Blizzard introduced the Custom Campaign feature back with the 1.35 patch.

Level 13
If anyone still doesn't know here is the post of @Med. MapGuy - Warcraft III: Reforged has Custom Campaigns!

Creator's Notes (12/15/2022)

Special shout out to Amelior_is_back for his excellent reviews of the Joe's Chronicles series. Meanwhile, Warcraft III: Reforged has Custom Campaigns! They finally did it! After all these years of waiting and working with an extremely outdated version of WCIII, it's finally here... and it kinda works?

View attachment 415667

So it appears my custom loading screens fail to load. I have no idea how to make HD loading screens for now, so it sucks to just get these generic loading screens.

View attachment 415670View attachment 415671

Here's a quick side-by-side comparison of Deandra's Tale in Reforged and Classic graphics setting. It's looking amazing so far, and the fidelity is great. Unfortunately, the custom tree textures don't seem to be loading properly in Classic. The best part is seeing the overlay of 'Med. MapGuy Presents' look properly high-res versus how it looked in older WC3 versions.

View attachment 415675

*Side note: While the custom tree texture doesn't load in-game, it works perfectly fine in the World Editor. That's kind of annoying.

View attachment 415672View attachment 415673

Another comparison, the dense forest looks really impressive in Reforged. Though I am partial to Classic version as its way easier to edit assets.

View attachment 415669View attachment 415668

As for the gameplay segments, Reforged graphics looks great... save for the custom stone path tileset not working. The eerie glow of Shadowmeld on the WoW models really gives them a nice sheen. But for now, I say stick with Classic graphics mode if you're interested in trying out the campaign for yourself!

View attachment 415674

Anyway, here's hoping they iron out the issues with the PTR! Give Deandra's Tale, and the other entries in the series a go if you're interested!!

Level 2
Campaign loads on a new patch 1.35, but it keeps crashing in some parts of the map like near the Joe's Tavern, so you can't progress. This is the same kind of crash that was happening on any version of WC3 past 1.27b.

Edit: I didn't see there's a new version uploaded today. The comment above was regarding the older version.

Last edited:
Level 29
Hi! I don't have WC3 Reforged. Can I download the earlier (2.06) version of the campaign?
Since the author updated the whole campaign series to be playable on Reforged, you can only download the older versions that are released in 2007, which lacks major features (ie. better graphics and gameplay). The same thing applies to Deandra's Tale and Mordork's Quest.
But, know that, older versions of Joe's Quest are seem to be unplayable on the Warcraft III versions higher than 1.26.

Campaign loads on a new patch 1.35, but it keeps crashing in some parts of the map like near the Joe's Tavern, so you can't progress. This is the same kind of crash that was happening on any version of WC3 past 1.27b.

Edit: I didn't see there's a new version uploaded today. The comment above was regarding the older version.
In the first mission Timmy stays invulnerable after Joe saves him from the Citadel.
It's a common bug for those who played the CC in Reforged for the first time. Hopefully, the author will fix those bugs with the future updates.

Level 23
Greetings! I spent the last few days learning the idiosyncrasies of this latest patch 1.35, it's a lot better than I expected but it does have issues. Certain SD models will outright crash the game, trees refuse to load custom textures and require default textures to be replaced. The loading screen text isn't aligned, which I think is an issue dating back to previous patches. Anyway...

Yes, I had to rush this update after I learned that Teto the Bartender caused the crash. To remedy this, I updated his model to a higher definition one. Thanks for the report!

I also fixed the issue where Timmy becomes invulnerable after his rescue from the demons. Sorry about that.

Thank you VanAndro for archiving my work. To anyone that can't play the latest Reforged v1.35 version, do you want me to upload the original 1.27b here?

Last edited:
Level 13
......To anyone that can't play the latest Reforged v1.35 version, do you want me to upload the original 1.27b here?

For all your campaigns before Reforged update, it would be good to put a link to download the old version in the game description. If this is impossible - then here.

Level 4
Are there any additional download locations available?
HiveWorkshop for some reason does not let me download any files larger than 106-200 MB (they just stop after reaching the 106-200 MB range, resulting in failed download), i tried with disabled adblock, tried legacy download, no difference.

Level 13
HiveWorkshop for some reason does not let me download any files larger than 106-200 MB (they just stop after reaching the 106-200 MB range, resulting in failed download), i tried with disabled adblock, tried legacy download, no difference.

I just tried all the download links and no problems or any restrictions. You have to look for the problem yourself (turn off the VPN if you use one, close the torrent program). Ad-blocking apps and extensions don't block download links!

Level 7
med map guy, if you have a way to make two seperate versions [classic and reforged], id say yes please, not every one has classic version or not every one has reforged etc. keep up the awesome work :) i admit i am curious about the reforge haul over, but i remain with careful optimism.

Level 4
I tried a different web-browser (Chrome instead of Firefox) and downloading worked fine.

Level 4
My feedback:
tried the 1.35 (witch classic graphics), had 1 fps when Timm came home from school (1st minute of the game), actually a bit before, like 0.5-1 screen away from the home. That is constant fps, so feels like an inginite freeze, and that is with the RTX 3070.
Then a Tried 1.26-1.28 version on a 1.27 client - done whole campaign without issues. The only thing i wish to whine about, is the first combat section, where Tim with bandits hunt for gnolls, it needs some health restoration mechanic, or out of combat regeneration or a fountain of health at the entrance - anything, because it does not look doable on normal difficulty without cheating, or at least each 1-2 packs of enemies should drop a healing salve. In 6th chapter at the beginning there was a similar issue, but it was way easier with high level hearoes and decent items in inventory, and is doable, as one of herouse can even die and ankh-like ressurrect himself. Only the first chapter needs fixing it, i would say urgently, as there is no way to heal bandits.

Otherwise the campaign is as good, as the official rating says so.

Level 13
I do not understand why when I try to load a Saved Game WcIII freezes on the loading screen and I have to restart Windows because the game prevents me from bringing up the Task Manager and closing WcIII? - Joe's Quest Remake 1.27.w3n - on WcIII 1.27b. In v. 2.0.2 has no such problem.

EDIT: Wrong! And on 2.0.2 this problem exists. You just need the Save Game to be loaded 2-3 times. To me it makes the campaign unplayable.

Last edited:
Level 23
I do not understand why when I try to load a Saved Game WcIII freezes on the loading screen and I have to restart Windows because the game prevents me from bringing up the Task Manager and closing WcIII? - Joe's Quest Remake 1.27.w3n - on WcIII 1.27b. In v. 2.0.2 has no such problem.

EDIT: Wrong! And on 2.0.2 this problem exists. You just need the Save Game to be loaded 2-3 times. To me it makes the campaign unplayable.
Save games refuse to load? I have no idea what could be causing the issue. Is it due to the latest patch?

Last edited: