• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invasion of Quel'thalas ][1.6][

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Evillizard~

Ok, this map is a VERY Long project, being made since I could first map. (Pretty much since I found out how to trigger) Its come a long way, and it it still in progress.

This is based off of the Invasion of Quel'thalas (The scourge invasion). The victory/defeat system is quite simple, the Elves try to hold back the undead and eventually charge to Deathholme and destroy it, the Undead destroy the Sunfury tower and Corrupt the Sunwell. Now, this map used to have A LOT of custom models/skins, and ive removed most of them. If you have a suggestion on a model I should import for any reason, I will check out the model. If you wish to help me work on the map, you will need to explain what you can do, and what you plan to do. I know that my terrain isnt the best thing in the world, but its better then a lot of the really nooby maps that are posted on the hive, sorry no offence @.@

Enjoy. Please do not Deprotect

Keywords:
Invasion, Quel'thalas, Invasion of, Invasion of Quel'thalas, Evillizard, Arthas, High elf, awsome, Elf, Elven
Contents

Invasion of Quel'thalas ][1.6][ (Map)

Reviews
16:43, 14th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 11
I looked there three times and it simply isnt there. Perhaps its a bug and I should try to re-upload? Or, instead of worrying about that, perhaps you could test my map? :D

EDIT: I tried to see if it was a bug by looking at the upload thing, the sections where: Upload your map. Keywords / Search Words: Map Type: Map Category: Map Rules Rules, since none of those is "Author" I think it isnt showing for me OR its because the sky is too blue, should be purple.

Last edited:
Level 2
I'll give my honest feedback here, don't be mad please:

1) Some unecessary icons (such as attack, armor, etc). The map gets bigger, and big maps are not that welcomed on B.net. I'm not saying it's a mistake, but you could use the space for other imports.

2) It didn't feel like I was invading / defending Quel'thalas, for those reasons:

a) The map has nothing to do with Quel'thalas (Ghostlands, Eversong, Silvermoon and Quel'danas). It was nothing like invading Quel'thalas, if the map was renamed to Undeads x Elves, noone would even notice it was part of the Warcraft lore.

b) It didn't feel like invading a city, it was just a bunch of towers, a few blacksmiths and lumber mills.

So, my honest suggestion: Remake the Silvermoon city, the Deatholme town; remake the terrain so it will look like the actual Quel'thalas. You can find it on WoW, and if you don't have wow, just google for images of quel'thalas and the maps!

Level 11
I am not mad, I know my terraining skill suck. I have to say though, it was hard to see if what you where saying was about the gameplay of the map or the terrain, though I know terrain is still very important. I am trying to improve it, and I do try to make the terrain similar to what it is in WoW... though I do not see how its off lore (except for Dar'khan, he is off lore)
P.S. Google is my enemy :S

EDIT: Almost forgot, back when I was kind a noob mapper, I thought it would be cool to have custom attack/stop/move ect. icons... and now I cant change them back.. when I do, they're green icons... yes, I've tried the EXACT path and it doesn't work.

EDIT2: Ok, I've thought up some new ideas, and I need to see if you guys think they're ok.
Giving some new units to the Nerubians, such as-
Anub'ar Crusher: Massive melee unit, ideal for crushing large numbers of units. Has (something 80-100) damage and 1000hp, and has the Pulverise (Nerubian) ability. Can only train two, and are very costly and takes long to train.
Swarmer: Very Light melee unit, alone they are useless, but in huge masses (not just 10 or 15, a lot) they can dominate. Has the "Small Bug" ability (low dodge chance). Very cheap and fast to train, but you must research "The Swarm" to train, and is very costly.

New Ultime ability for Crypt Guard:
Monolith of Blight: Causes a massive monolith to rise from the target area, creating blight over the surrounding area. The Monolith gives an aura which increases nearby unit's life regeneration and attack damage. When the monolith is destroyed, the killing unit will die.

New units for Cult of the Damned:
Death Knight Initiate: Medium melee unit, good for assisting assults. Has the "Raise Ghoul" ability (Every time the Intiate's runeblade strikes, the target will get a debuff. If he dies under the debuff, a ghoul will spawn.) and the "Blood Tap" ability (The Initiate deals 90 damage to himself, healing all units around him for 50 life points). Can only train 5.
Skeletal Necromancer: Weak ranged unit, good for raising nearby dead units. Can cast "Raise Dead" (The Skeletal Necromancer sacrifices himself to reanimate two nearby units). Can only train once one of the two rune stones have been destroyed.

Also, I might be making it the elves have different units.

Anesterian's guys:
Silvermoon Guardian:Basic melee unit, can cast "Shield" (defend).
Sunfury Archer: Ranged unit, good for dealing damage from afar. Has the Volly ability (Shoots arrows rapidly at the target area, dealing X damage per hit)
Priest: Caster unit, can cast "Penance"(Heals all units in an area) and "Smite" (Damages the undead target for X damage)
Highborne: Sub-ranged unit, good for taking damage. Can cast Shield. Has a good amount of armor, but does not deal much damage. Can only train 7.

Mage guys:
Mage Initiate: Caste dealing damage. Has the Arcane Missiles ability (2 multishot), and Fire Blast(Simple Damage)
Battle Mage: Medium melee unit, good for holding the lines. Can cast Arcane Explosion (Dazes nearby enemy units), Pheonix Orb (Summons a fire orb, which automaticly blasts nearby enemy units), and Mana Shield.
Sorceress
Priest

Ranger Guys
Archer: Basic ranged unit, can be upgraded to Ranger
Swordsman: Basic melee unit, can cast Shield.
Farstrider: Sub-ranged unit, just deals damage.
Need more ideas for these guys...

The elves will be made like the defenders in Coming of the Horde, they can only build towers but their training buildings are invulnerable.

Last edited: