• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hungry Harpies v. 1.08

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Soul Theft
Hungry Harpies v1.06

4 troll hunters seeking food for their tribe caught up something new in the barren lands of Kalimdor. A huge Pig caught their attention. They set a trap and it fell right unto it but then the wind patterns have changed and they see huge birds coming at them. Harpies! They come to prey on the huge pig. The pig's odor caught their attention and hastily charging it, eating without further a do.

Recommended Players: 2 - 4
Game Concept:
Players must protect the pig from the incoming harpies that spawns randomly on north, south, east, and west. (Player 1 protects the north side; Player 2 south; Player 3 East; Player 4 West. Harpies will spawn only at the position of the playing player, if player is not playing or left the game, no spawns)

v1.00 5 rounds
v1.01 - gave round & kill select
v1.02 - set easy and medium level select as round difficulty
v1.03 - set a new pig health for each difficulty
v1.04 - set easy level select as kill difficulty
v1.05 - added a camera: type "-far" a little zoom out, "-farther" for much zoom out, "-n" for reset
v1.06 - fixed some timers
v1.07 - added a new loading screen
v1.08 - completed kills dialog
(note: hard round unavailable)

140341-albums2426-picture20886.bmp

Keywords:
Defense / Survival, Mini-Game
Contents

Hungry Harpies v. 1.08 (Map)

Reviews
19:38, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
how can i put screenshots? I'll edit the description!
edit: i'll edit tomorrow very sleepy now... i'll update it tom as well

edit: is it better now? and how can i add the screenshots? little help? do i need to upload them to my albums first?
edit: already done..

Last edited:
Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A map based on killing attacking harpies in order to protect a roasted pig.Something would certainly make me want to defend it!

[+]Your map has a small file size.
[+]Map is unprotected, but anyway i didn't experience any fatal errors.
[+]Your map idea seems nice and promising, but you certainly have to develop it more.
[-]Map is unbalanced, the huge pig had fairly low amount of hitpoints and armor.
[-]Players only control a unit, unable to move except the small part around the huge pig.They also don't have any abilities.
[-]Locking camera makes it harder to see the harpies thus harder to kill them.
[-]Your map is not funny not even in Multiplayer as it is too small, not even a mini-game.
[-]I couldn't see the terrain as you locked the camera and made the unit unable to move...judging from its preview you haven't edited it all.
[-]When i was at the second wave of attacking harpies, 4 or more harpies were attacking my pig(it had more than half of his hitpoints) the game was suddenly paused and i won.Bug?

Overall rating:1/5 - vote for rejection, you have to work more on it
I would suggest you to develop your idea more, you should really add something to make the game funnier.
~ r3

Level 15
can you tell me more about the bug part?

second wave of what? ROUNDS? or KILLS? in which difficulty??

Well can't really tell you more...i won the first round, and then at the second when the harpies were attacking me(my pig had more than half of his hitpoints) and before i kill all the harpies the game paused, a timer started and i won in 5 seconds or so...