• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Human Invaders

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My first map. Hope you like it!

Keywords:
Undeath, Uther, Lightbringer, Blood, Elf, Orc, Troll, Alliance, Horde, Black, Citadel, by BloodElf300, :D
Contents

The Human Invaders (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/21 18:44:13 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Rep Received: 0Reasons: Lacking Description: Template Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image...

M

hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/21 18:44:13
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Lacking Description: Template
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Other:
Check out the models section for custom models made by the community: Models Section
Check out the skins section for custom skins made by the community: Skins Section
Check out the icons section for custom icons made by the community: Icons Section
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out this section if you have requests for models, skins, ... : Requests Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Post: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2031108-post2.html

Also don't spam the map types.

Level 9
Comming back with a quick review as soon as i've tested it!

EDIT: Btw, use: These BBcodes to improve your description a little, maybe making it a little more attractive, drawing if you will, to other people. Also try to explain what the map is about!

Review

This is first of all, a little to simple to be called "Strategy/risk" imo, you should make it a minigame, since it's also just for one player.
Anyhow; here's the different categories:
Triggers

First of all, they leak!
To fix leaks, check out this tutorial: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/27219-Triggers-Memory-Leaks-and-Custom-Scripts
It helped me when I was starting out with mapmaking!
And the trigger:
  • Unit Group - Order (Units in ORC <gen>) to Attack Black Citadel 0000 <gen>
Will probably not work, since all the units will do is to ignore everything (if nothing is in their path, no paths are blocked) and just go full out on the black citadel, make it "Attack Move" instead towards the position of the black citadel, which will make them attack anything in their path first, then move onwards towards their destination!
Custom Units?

There are no real custom units, most are just normal units which you've edited on a basic level, which is fine I guess, but I think you should evolve this further, perhaps download some of the many awesome custom models which are availible here at the hive and make up your own heroes, units, story etc.
Total:

I'd give you a 1/5 for now, if you fix everything mentioned above, i'll raise it to a 3/5
Make new units, perhaps make up a story etc, more quests, random "neutral" questgivers and so on!
Could be something if you give it a little work!
Don't give up!
If you found this review helping, feel free to add me some rep :)