• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Heroes of Genesia

Heroes of Genesia

It an action type campaign taking place in Genesia lore.
This version feature :
5 missions
1 minigame
14 playable characters.
Highly destructible environnement
Outstanding sepcial effect.
You can replay the campaign without reseting your character progress.
More mission,more characters and more minigame will be added in the future versions.

Gameplay
You choose a hero in the character selection map.You will start next mission with selected hero.
The game plays like a Beat'em All/RTS. :)
Use A key to perform an attack and D key to trigger a special attack.
Use different suit of A and D combo to perform different special attack.
Kill the Boss to complete a mission.

Credits :
A credit has been added in game.
Musics are from Dynasty warrior 6 by Koei.
Minigame music by JinNjuice from newgrounds.
Credit music by E.S Posthumus.

Pictures :

70dfdbf71faa865b4e5d76b6c1be2878_14441.gif
110195-albums1900-picture14440.html
df1decab697503d0bdaebb73de87c944_14442.gif
00fc86f9268ae145f88979addac21a6a_14448.gif
f62e9eb3777508beec67e1c5b0849543_14443.gif
f993640511ee0f980c1e660d918bec79_14444.gif
38656dd00dfee8e89b23d067d1f2c3b5_14446.gif
4fdf010517fa87d8bf78421a4c2ddbae_14447.gif

The campaign require Jassnewgenpack to be opened in world edit.

Changelog :

-custom font removed (it cause war3 fatal error)

-Fixed some other fatal error (nearly fatal error free just some rare bug occurs sometimes)
-Added a new destructible pillar in mission 3
-You're no more able to scroll during intro cinematic
-Modified terrain in Mission 1 and Mission 3
-Modified Kaï ultimate a bit.

-Added a new character Arachna
-Added a new mission

-Fixed a bug with the campaign screen (sometime it reset model and music upon saving dunno why..)

-Added 5 new characters : Ketzual, Gnaraya, Drillmo, Pharaoh, Mushura.
-Remade Shark ultimate.
-Improved terrain in mission 3 and 4.
-Improved character selection screen.
-No longer crash after completing a mission.You have to manualy quit.
-Increased experience requiered to level a little bit.
-no longer play tutorial in first mission if you already played the game.
-Remade map description in loading screen.

-Added Mission 5
-Added Credit map

-Added Army creator
-You can now create an army that will help you in mission using your gold.
-Added an hidden bonus gold coin in each level.
-Improved AI.Using attack no longer perma aggro enemies.

-Fixed Bugged army creator

-Some enemy have a ranged attack vs hero
-updated some effect and models
-improved army creator

Infos :
You use A and D hotkey to play.If these hotkeys are not compatible with your localized Wc3 version you are allowed to edit the campaign just to change hotkey.

Character saved from previous version are compatible with this version.However if you want to have access to new character you will have to reset character stats by click New game button.

I had to emergency fix the Buggy Army creator.Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wishe to help :

If you played the game you may notice horrible custom icon with smudge abuse that hurt your eyes.Those are made by me.If you wishe to make a better quality icon I will gladly use them.

I'd need a cool looking custom loading screen as well.If you wishe to make one I will gladly use it as well.

Keywords:
Heroes of Genesia, Callahan, Campaign
Contents

Heroes of Genesia (Campaign)

Reviews
23:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Entertaining campaign with nice gameplay, rather good terrain and lots of different heroes to pick from, destructible terrain and custom abilities. Approved! Read my full review here.

M

23:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze
Entertaining campaign with nice gameplay, rather good terrain and lots of different heroes to pick from, destructible terrain and custom abilities.
Approved!

Read my full review here.

Level 24
I completed this with 2 chars already (Mole guy and the turtle guy)
It's quite fun game tbh, but it lacks content. Yeah, there is multiple heroes, but only 3 actual missions and they are all basically the same thing. (Beat the crap put of everyone)
The effects were amazing and the fact that you can destroy the terrain is pretty awesome too. Imo the game is a bit easy, but still pretty damn fun and unique :)

I met 2 bug while playing this with those 2 chars

1. My mole guy got paused after I used the V shaped drill thing (Happened only once and had to restart mission)
2. I just defeated the last boss and was in the tab where you select skills and I pressed cancel button to go away from the skill tab and this caused me to get a war3 error
(Also sometimes when using the dash thingy/pool jump the turtle guy just stands there and the shell just goes on/other turtle jumps instead)

ALSO when the guy is telling how bullshit the world is, you can move around in the screen o_O

You should consider making more missions with some twists or quests tbh

Everyone should try this game at least once, since it's pretty unique and fun :D

P.S. The font was annoying D:

Level 24
Heroes of Genesia is a single player campaign that takes place in the world of Genesia. You get to pick your own hero from a vast number, each with their own model and abilities.

The gameplay was really awesome, regular hack'n'slash but with lots of custom abilities which worked and looked very good. Of course, the custom, good looking special effects made it all even better. The ability system was rather original and refreshing, like you needed to do a certain amount of regular attacks before you could throw one of the magical abilities at your enemies.

The terrain was rather good and there was tile variation, height variation and such that made the terrain look really nice. I suppose some more flowers/other environmental doodads wouldn't hurt at some places, but the terrain was overall really nice. Also, there were lots of destructible terrain such as trees and pillars which made it feel a bit more realistic and was overall a cool feature. There was even a mini-game where the goal was to destroy as many trees as possible within a certain time, whilst that may not sound so fun, it actually was.

The grammar and spelling was really bad, there were typos or grammatical errors nearly everywhere, even in the map description on the Hive. Even though it was understandable what the characters said, bad English is never a good thing, if you're not that good at English yourself, it's usually easy to find a person who can help you correct your sentences.

I noticed you imported a custom font, unfortunately, I think it looks really bad, and sometimes the new font causes certain sentences to be hard to read/unreadable. I suggest using the ordinary wc3 font or importing a new one that looks/fits better.

Also, before I forgot, the camera of the Dark Lieutenant's portrait was not pointing at his face, this is nothing major, just pointing it out.

Speaking of cameras, the in-game camera was somewhat annoying, I don't know what you've done, if it's a bug or intended to be like that. It's hard to explain what it was like, but anyone who tries this out will understand me.

The vast amount of good looking custom resources was a big plus, by the way. The music, models, icons, it all seemed to fit very well together.

To summarize, let's begin with the game play, it was like regular hack'n'slash with new abilities that looked and worked really well. The abilities were usable once you had stacked up a certain number of combo points gained from regular attacks. The terrain looked good and much of the terrain was destructible which was really cool. The grammar and spelling was a problem, and a few sentences were nearly unreadable. The custom font didn't look good and made the sentences even harder to read. The in-game camera was somewhat annoying and just locking it to the hero might be a better solution. The campaign used several custom resources such as new models for the heroes that looked really good and fit well together.

3/5 (Useful) and voted for approval.

Last edited:
There's is no rules about pre beta.
And i've seen lot of poorer map approved.
The camera is a cemra bound that follow your character it's a mix of locked to unit but your still able to scroll a little.It's not annoying you get used to it after a while.

And anyway it's a campaign so maybe the campaign is in pre-beta stage like you say but it contains 6 maps that aren't pre-beta.

Level 6
With turtle's first skill u are able to climb the cliffs and move to areas normally not avaiable for characters :p
Custom font crushes non-english warcraft 3 interface. :S Same problem as in diablo III project.

Level 3
I don't post much but i download alot of maps and test them out, I like the idea for this map but it lacks alot of variety, i am not saying the heroes aren't different and the terrain is awesome. What i mean is there just not much to do. 6 missions 2 are non playable, in 4 missions you can't even really get level 20. BTW if you need help translating from french to english since as you said in thread World of Genesia your french. I am Great with translations from French to English, Spanish To English or Even Japanese for English You can send me Text and I would be happy to translate it for you

With turtle's first skill u are able to climb the cliffs and move to areas normally not avaiable for characters :p
Custom font crushes non-english warcraft 3 interface. :S Same problem as in diablo III project.
Oh tanks so that was the cause of all these fatal errors...
I'll remove the font in the next version.
And yeah some hero are able to climb cliff but don't do it it's useless :p

I don't post much but i download alot of maps and test them out, I like the idea for this map but it lacks alot of variety, i am not saying the heroes aren't different and the terrain is awesome. What i mean is there just not much to do. 6 missions 2 are non playable, in 4 missions you can't even really get level 20. BTW if you need help translating from french to english since as you said in thread World of Genesia your french. I am Great with translations from French to English, Spanish To English or Even Japanese for English You can send me Text and I would be happy to translate it for you

You can replay the map with same character.
If you play with another character it doesn't reset the progress of your other characters so you can reach level 20 by replaying mission.
Also the minigame lumberjack make you earns exp.
Also thanks for proposing help I may send the texts.

Level 24

True,very true man!

Level 3
Pick Kai the panda, Dash move is just uber... 250 damage every 2 seconds basicly if you mash D fast enough, btw another crash that happened to me I was mashing D with dash as panda and it crashed P.S: Kai's level 20 ult Is Lame...

Pick Kai the panda, Dash move is just uber... 250 damage every 2 seconds basicly if you mash D fast enough, btw another crash that happened to me I was mashing D with dash as panda and it crashed P.S: Kai's level 20 ult Is Lame...
Yeah I think I did too much with his ult.
I'll make it less action stoping in future version.
But for now I'll fix the urgent bugs.

Level 24
Callahan said:
There's is no rules about pre beta.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1022089-post120.html
Callahan said:
And i've seen lot of poorer map approved.
That is only because my standards > Hive standards. If I was a map moderator, those "poorer" maps wouldn't be approved (not saying this to make people think I want to be one).
Callahan said:
The camera is a cemra bound that follow your character it's a mix of locked to unit but your still able to scroll a little.It's not annoying you get used to it after a while.
Well, I didn't. I suggest you fully lock it to your unit or don't lock it at all.
Callahan said:
And anyway it's a campaign so maybe the campaign is in pre-beta stage like you say but it contains 6 maps that aren't pre-beta.
Doesn't matter at all. A campaign with 6/7 chapters is still considered an alpha version of the campaign, and alpha's are (as you can see above) against the rules.

@Linaze :I checked map rules and nothing is mentioned about beta stage and such so don't necro quote post that has been posted before the recent map rule update.

And If you look at campaign there's a lot that aren't completed or poor quality.
i.e Pyritie adventure yet awesome countains only 2 maps and doesn't provide more hours of game than this campaign.
Godfall chronicle is also in pre-beta stage but got appoved.
Also I said I'll keep updating the campaign.

So stop focusing on me and go harass someone else.
(NB: Im' not saying this so Linaze actualy harass EM! or py but more to point out how he's nerding me )
What's your gain of making my campaign rejected?Personal satisfaction?

@Eagle771 : Yeah the current lock system is imo fitting the gameplay the best.

Level 24
Very well, if you cant take critique, I see no point in giving you any.
I am not critizising your map for my own personal satisfaction, but for your sake, obviously.
Anyways, as I said in my first post, I was unsure about that rule, but when I saw the former development director say himself that alpha maps are unallowed, I believed him.

I can take critique.
But if you request to reject it because of rules bitching how do I get feedback/critique?
And I've carefuly taken note of other point like fixing grammar and removing custom font.

Maybe For Kai the panda a omni slash type ult would be cooler? would look cool...

Also what do you think is the fastest way to level?
Well you level slowly because only early mission are available but the more you goes far in the game the more creeps will give exp.
The fastest way to level is doing the 3rd mission or some character can do huge score in lumberjack minigame (Akor, Willy, Dr.Frantz)

By not available heroes do you mean, You can't pick them in this version or Earn them? i accidentally reset so earning them will take a while if earning them is the case...
It means it's not available in this version and you can't unlock them.
Btw don't reset progress there is no point in doing it except If you want to reset all characters.
The first map 'New game' is somehow a dummy map to create labal and store raw characters in game cache.

Level 24
Be it a rule or not, I really don't see the point in uploading an alpha campaign as that is exactly what the Map Development forum is for.
Anyways, I'm glad you fixed some of the other stuff that I pointed up.

Also, I may never said that I actually enjoyed playing this campaign, so it's not anything personal nor anything against your creation. I'm just trying to enforce rules that apparently don't exist anymore. :p

Level 1
Good Campaign but i get crashes every time i play and finsih a mission when i start after that it stops also i notice if u hav time if the debrie could deal damage cause i drop a tree too a group of units and it would would hav been funny to see them die. not forcing or anything other than that great game.

Level 3
nice map, pretty original and I love the skills combos.
the best cheat for this map : whoisjohngalt

Level 1
Nice my Favorite Level is Haunted Masion bc of lots of creeps i gain exp way to fast other than that no fatal errors but i cant wait for other heros. :smile: