• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heirarchy (2v2)

Reactions: JesusHipster
User who uploaded this Presents

Heirarchy (2v2)
Created by normalice

Map Info:

The theme behind this map is that on a given team, one person has the high ground over their teammate, meanwhile their teammate resides in a somewhat enclosed area, the only access being a small ravine. The idea is that the upper teammate can tower the entrance to the lower teammate's base, if they'd like. The entrance to the upper teammate's base is kind of long on foot, so attacking the lower teammate may be somewhat preferred.

Features:

In some mild effort to encourage people to attack the lower echelon of the enemy's base, most of the creeps were chosen for their anti-air capabilities. Golems were favored a bit as they are immune to magic (i.e. frost wyrms, gryphons, chims...).

Shops are in the corners. There aren't many expansion gold mines, and two of them are out in the open. Those two have something like 50k gold in them, though. The upper echelons only have 10k gold in their starting mine, but also have a natural expansion available to them also with 10k. The lower echelons start with 20k. Ideally, since the upper echelon has both a fast expansion mine and ample trees, he should partially feed the lower echelon - as a 'king' would feed a 'peasant army' (hence the name - "Heirarchy")

There's a tavern in the middle of the map and observatories available on the upper echelons. Waygates are there but they don't take you far - just across the ravine/entrance to the lower echelon.

Change Log:

Added:
  • flowers
  • other doodads
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Changed:
  • increased creep difficulties
  • swapped observatory and shop positions
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Author's notes:

This map is exclusively designed for 2v2. In fact, this isn't the original map. The original Hierarchy that I made was a 12 player map, designed for 3v3 or 3v3v3v3. However, that map is still undergoing testing/modification (I'll upload it later).

The number one complaint I get about this map is that it is too large. I modified it and I 'think' it is small enough. However, I have no intention of modifying the map size any further because, as I said, it was a spin-off of a different map (I only made it because blizzard had a mapmaking contest some years back and only accepted 1v1 and 2v2 maps for the contest) and modifying the map size takes tremendous effort.

I'm only sharing it because I spent a whole bunch of time on the terrain and think some might find it enjoyable.

Other work:
Pack

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Heirarchy (2v2) (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet20:04, 31th May 2013 Map Approved Heirarchy 2v2 (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet20:04, 31th May 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Heirarchy 2v2 (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Heirarchy (2v2)" is a 4 player melee map based for team management.

"Very useful team based maps on a smaller scale, the cliff played can bring long range support while the lower player can barricade the other, the way gate can be stored with defensive maneuvers. No problems with the creep difficulty and gold mine expansions."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain looks good for now, maybe add some rough dirt on those swamp/marsh like area in the middle part of the map, and so fort no problems for the whole map's layout."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To finalize my review, very useful map for team players and mobilize in sticking together."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/1587%B

Level 13
hi i saw your map and i think

good thinks
- interesting form, a player up, and the other down, original
-you used flowers and that stuff to decorate
-the water zone has good shape
- you have well put the starting locations, and the neutral buildings
-you have space to improve and change your map(when you dont have space to improve, thats not good, its good to have the posibility of change things if the map doesnt work as espected)(edited)
-creeps well placed

things to improve

- tile is very repetitive, you used the green herb only in the trees zone it would be better to combine tiles to make a better experience,like use two tipes of herbs, also you can custom your tile tool and add anothers tiles from other tile maps
the water zone is better tile than earth
-second bases have low in wood,
-many flat zones, in the earth
-i think the water zone is to big, to much wood for the first base, low for the second.

edited: i mistaked with the gold mine

thanks for the feedback!
I'll work at re-tiling. I actually intend to change it to a different tileset, at some point. I haven't spent a whole lot of time on the "looks" of this map, and it's pretty clear that I should...

As for the lower base being low on wood, that's intended and I should have mentioned it in the map description (i will after I post this). Ideally, since the upper echelon has both a fast expansion mine and ample trees, he should partially feed the lower echelon - as a 'king' would feed a 'peasant army' (hence the name - hierarchy). Of course, there are other ways to go about it, but that was the purpose from the beginning. I think I'm going to change it to the northrend tileset, though, which would eliminate this feature (a.k.a. problem) altogether...