• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heirarchy

User who uploaded this Presents

Heirarchy
Created by normalice

Map Info:

Intended for 3v3 or 3v3v3v3 play. I can not and will not attest to the function of this map for unintended team sizes.

This map implements a tiered base setup, where each of three allies is on a different 'cliff' than another. The Teams Together option is assumed to be active for this map!.

Features:

Each base has its own tavern. Additionally, navigation about the three tiers of each base must be done by a slightly unintuitive waygate system. It isn't that difficult to figure out, of course, but the idea behind it is that it is a lot easier to get down than to go up. The purpose is if an enemy is to attack, the easiest way to do so is to attack the lowest tier base. This gives many defense options for the second and third tier allies, as they have a position over their lowest tier ally's base and thus can tower to defend it heavily (if they so choose) - though there is a 'back' entry that requires a number of trees to be destroyed...

Each team also gets their own goblin observatory. This is a little out of reach and you must go through a creep camp to get to it - but that is to compensate for the fact that the observatory itself is unguarded.

All starting mines get 30k - the intent is to make the starting locations worth defending. All expansion mines get the standard 12.5k. There are eight total expansion mines up on ledges, only accessible by zeppelin (for the workers, that is). All of the natural expansion mines have an overlook by the upper tiered ally, thus allowing for still more defense if desired.

There are many orange and green creep camps but only 5 red ones. They guard a marketplace, two goblin shops, and two fountains of mana. All items typical for melee maps are available as drops on this map. A creep at the marketplace drops a rune of the watcher. The two goblin shops are guarded by red creep camps - but the creeps were chose such that a team of three heros and a handful of T1 units could still take it.

Unused starting locations are heavily guarded - no free fortresses here.

Some else stuff about map:

This map has only been tested against the computer AI (which is retarded and should be called AR..). I made it somewhat recently, and also recently almost no one joins custom games anymore. If anyone knows 10 other people who want to test it feel free to let me know - I'd be delighted to host such a game on Azeroth (observers on defeat).
Screenshots can be found here.
Updates:
Increased the width of the entrance to each base.
-
Changed tileset (and creeps/doodads) to Outland
Increased starting space for the Orange location
Increased difficulty of creeps at empty starting locations
-
Increased starting space for grey and brown
'overhauled' terrain in an attempt to make it look 'pretty'
added doodads
changed tiles in the 'ravine' entering each base to unbuildable rocks
-
Adjusted alliance priorities to ensure teams of three are situated as intended, and to allow teams of six to also function.

Other work:
Pack

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Heirarchy (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet20:23, 31th May 2013 Map Approved Heirarchy (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet20:23, 31th May 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Heirarchy (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Heirarchy" is a 12 player melee map for a 4 team game match.

"A much more wider space from its smaller map version, creep difficulty is fine and the self-goal of raiding the middle part is challenging, this gives team members to contribute there raids as well on pushing on the enemy teams."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"There's a little doodad scramble from some part of the maps like the armor racks, but if you do have plans to fix it its fine but right now terrain looks decent."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall, such map is excellent source for team matches and for those who takes dire roles on raids and sieges."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 30
game play is too outrageous, most of the main bases gets attacked by red dragons and you quickly lose the game, the worse part of the game is that all 3 players are locked with each other, the player's location is always random so even with a 6v6 team fight some of the allied players will be next to the enemy

the map is jammed with so much creeps that you can't bypass or make out a strategy in attacking an enemy player

map is too wide since it lacks design such as doodads, environment etc and it makes the whole map monotone

this map needs some improvement, moving this one in the Map Development thread will help you out, good luck

EDIT: map updated

Last edited:
Level 13
game play is too outrageous, most of the main bases gets attacked by red dragons and you quickly lose the game, the worse part of the game is that all 3 players are locked with each other, the player's location is always random so even with a 6v6 team fight some of the allied players will be next to the enemy
You may have disabled the "teams together" option in your testing. That option is standard for any ladder play and is assumed for this map. The red dragons are also guaranteed to not be present in any starting base by this feature - as long as the number of players per team is 3 (which as mentioned in the description is what the map was designed for - not 6).

the map is jammed with so much creeps that you can't bypass or make out a strategy in attacking an enemy player

map is too wide since it lacks design such as doodads, environment etc and it makes the whole map monotone
this is a contradiction. Could you please pick whether it is too open or too jammed. Anyway, try killing some of the creeps. If you are talking about early harasses, navigate around them. Market Square and Battleground (both are active ladder maps) have the same issue - I don't like it either but my point is that blizzard seems to think it's perfectly valid, so I don't see why this is anything other than you judging by your personal taste instead of what works for everyone. Additionally, there are lots of environmental doodads. I actually maxed out on doodads at one point (then deleted some trees) - but even so, why is a melee map being judged by its doodads?

Last edited:
Level 30
by teams it won't be a bother, but for a free for all map it is problematic, also the reason why I pointed out a red dragon attacking my base was that I tried 1v1 and so both me and the AI I was testing died

to fix this up just adjust the positioning of those creeps by stepping them away to closely main bases although I can't explain everything you can do it

EDIT:
oh right my options weren't stabled for teams heh my apology

EDIT 2: map updated

Last edited:
Level 13
by teams it won't be a bother, but for a free for all map it is problematic, also the reason why I pointed out a red dragon attacking my base was that I tried 1v1 and so both me and the AI I was testing died

to fix this up just adjust the positioning of those creeps by stepping them away to closely main bases although I can't explain everything you can do it
It is not designed for 1v1, FFA, 2v2, or anything other than 3 players per team, as mentioned in the "Suggested Player's" field and in the map description and in my last post...

this is a three player per team map

If you wish to test it alone, you must put two computer players on your team, and then make at least one other team of three computer players. Does that make sense?

It's sort of like if you tried to play the blizzard map "Friends" as an 8-player FFA. Someone is going to get ransacked very early. I did update the description to emphasize the 'three per team' requirement of this map, though..

Last edited:
Level 13
Vengeancekael:

I'm almost maxed out on doodads, unfortunately. I don't really know where to stuff any more in it, either - places that are supposed to be barren and flat (for building purposes) are barren and flat. Places that do not need this, well... I tried. I'm not much of an artist, though. Could you give me an example of what looks "nice"? Just pick any 10x10 area you think is lacking and take before/after pictures - like I say, I build maps for function, not appearance, so this isn't exactly something that comes easily to me.. And what is "tile variation"?

As for Orange's building space, I checked and could make a 100 food army with the night elves, given the space available. It was a bit cramped, though.. However, I didn't think it needed much adjustment on account of the fact that there is lots of room on the top tier, and there is no 'real' reason everyone can't build there. But I would like to increase the space anyway. I'll look into it..

The red creep camps for the goblin shops are due to the nature of the map - because everyone starts so close there is "no excuse" for people not to creep in teams. Taking a red creep camp with 3 level 1 heroes and a handful of T1 units shouldn't be a problem. In other words, success on this team map relies very heavily on 'extra' teamwork.

Last edited:
Level 9
The bases are way to much fortified and easily defenable from land. One base of each team is 100% guaranteed to go late unit. The map is too big (and empty but that's another matter) to support good early - but even doing it's easy to defend against it.

All in all the map lacks strategy. Played it with my friends last night and we all got this feeling.

Level 13
The bases are way to much fortified and easily defenable from land. One base of each team is 100% guaranteed to go late unit. The map is too big (and empty but that's another matter) to support good early - but even doing it's easy to defend against it.

All in all the map lacks strategy. Played it with my friends last night and we all got this feeling.

well, it's not for everyone... I'll say that Hurricane Isle was a bit of an inspiration for this. I'm sure a lot of people will hate the way this map forces them to play - it's those rare few who like this sort of playstyle that this map is for :)

Level 3
Its my favourite melee map <3 One thing, though, is the ai could be improved a bit. They tend to clog up bottom base's entrance, with some trying to come in, and some trying to exit, resulting in zeppelins the only way to get out.

Level 13
Its my favourite melee map <3 One thing, though, is the ai could be improved a bit. They tend to clog up bottom base's entrance, with some trying to come in, and some trying to exit, resulting in zeppelins the only way to get out.
yeah, that's a problem... I don't really know how to fix the AI - that's kind-of a blizzard thing. Though I could make the 'canyons' unbuildable terrain. But this was really intended for live players. I tested it with the computer AI and saw this problem. I made a quick-fix of expanding the size of the 'canyons,' but that only delayed the inevitable..

Level 2
I have played it "Free For All" with CPU and it was fun and original. I dont want to play it 3x3x3x3 etc. because of AI's stupidity and lack of coordination.