• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Harmony and Discord

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A short cinematic map with the song "Silent Hill Music Box 2" sang by katethegreat19 (Kate Covington). It is inspired by the song itself and a few literary works such as "Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening" by Robert Frost and "The Final Question" by Isaac Asimov. There is not much to see because I'm not good at scripting and triggering. Also, for those of you who think there is too little design and doodads, I intentionally did that to create a feeling of solitariness. Also, not much grows in the winter.

!!!Note!!!

Pls. turn off all other sounds except the music option using the option in the main menu of Warc3 to ensure good sound quality. The music I downloaded is quite too soft. You can't here it well with the ambiance or other sounds activated.

Updates:
Sky added, a few terrain changes, and a few grammar correction

Keywords:
Literary, Cinematic, winter, poem, death, entropy
Contents

Harmony and Discord (Map)

Reviews
12:12, 29th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
Well, it does work.

But the terrain is only a bit better than Medium (could still be quite much better)
The cinematic itself is a bit.. well.. errh.. strange
And one BIG thing was the sky :hohum:
3/5 for hard effort!

btw: YAY my first first XD

Level 6
Thank you...

Well, it does work.

But the terrain is only a bit better than Medium (could still be quite much better)
The cinematic itself is a bit.. well.. errh.. strange
And one BIG thing was the sky :hohum:
3/5 for hard effort!

btw: YAY my first first XD

Ok. Thank you for being the first one to comment. Yes, I know the terrain needs to be improved but I still don't have time to improve it and I also don't have enough time to figure out how.

You said the cinematic is strange? Well, good for me and you. It is one of my goals to make my viewers feel strange but first, tell me how it is strange.

Well the sky... yes... one big problem...
I can't find a sky suitable for the situation so I ended up just using a black sky in order to give more "strangeness" to my cinematic.

Thank you again for commenting.

Level 13
I'll view this cinematic and give ya a review too =3
This post'll be edited when I've seen it.