• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greenvalev2.39

This is Godfall 2, well an early version, me and mechanical man decided to release it because were doing some large changes.
Godfall 2 features a battalion system like its previous title but now it includes a new crew´d artilery system along with a new base building system.

This is only a multiplayer version and mechanical man did not wish to include the ai for it is incomplete and its hilariously easy to defeat. So unfortunatly no ai,for now :(.

There are 4 playable races.
Human Empire, Wood Elves, Vampires and Drow which are fully functional and playable. All with new models including buildings.

The Team
Em! - original idea, terrainer, event triggerer, modeler, object data editor
Mechanical Man - system triggerer, modeler, debugger

Testers and Additional Helpers with various tasks.
Wazzz: Tester, idea man, annoying rusher in multiplayer.
Reaper51: Tester, idea man and possible more.
Ashbringer51: Terrainer, always on vacation guy.

For more information visit us at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/godfall-chronicles-619/

here are some really early videos with sadly debug messages sorry about that but it might give you some further insight into the game.

Pls note the map is protected, it might be possible to extract imports via some tools but ffs the map is protected for a reason.

Updated: Crash fixed.
Updated2: There are now 4 players available, creeps added in unused player position.

Keywords:
Godfall 2, Godfall
Contents

Greenvalev2.39 (Map)

Reviews
15:44, 2nd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Approved

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Oh and, the terrain on the videos is not the same as in greenvale, greenvale is much better. For those interested we will experiment with unique terrain design in the future but i promise you even if that fails we will have lot better terrains than in godfall 1.

Ah i forgot to mention one thing.
Select humans to play humans
Select undead to play drow
Select night elf to play wood elves
Select orcs to play vampires (I know, Vampires should be undead, but drow were finished first and i have not felt the need to move them into there respective category)

For those who have never played Godfall here is the link to Godfall 1 http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...icles-127803/?prev=search=godfall&d=list&r=20 enjoy :p

Last edited:

Em!

Em!

Level 24
There is an Error when i'm using the cannon abittily to attack the Land the game crashes.

Oh yeah i forgot about that, uhm can´t fix now, its because of the demolish ability, artilery where not very effective against buildings as they should have, it was quicker to use battalions previously so i added a demolish ability, i´ll try to find someone to fix it.

Updated: Crash fixed

Last edited:
Level 22
Review:
==========

Pros:

- Unique building construction
- Very good usage of custom units
- Terrain is Okay
- 4 Custom races
- Balanced races
- High potental map
- Original ideas, loved the one with unit groups & the leader

Cons:

- Lacks a quest menu (new player friendly & information)
- Could use some sort of leader/muliboard, example how many players each player defeated
- It says Suggested Players: 4, but there are only 3 available

Suggestions:

- Would be very good if there could be more players
- Highly recommend the quest menu and optionally the leader/muliboard

Final Words:

Overall it's clear that this map has high potental, just try to add those things I mentioned and you're good to go.

Rating:

I'm giving you a 5/5 rating and + 10 votes for approved. I will also contact the moderator to approve the map.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Review:
==========

Pros:

- Unique building construction
- Very good usage of custom units
- Terrain is Okay
- 4 Custom races
- Balanced races
- High potental map
- Original ideas, loved the one with unit groups & the leader

Cons:

- Lacks a quest menu (new player friendly & information)
- Could use some sort of leader/muliboard, example how many players each player defeated
- It says Suggested Players: 4, but there are only 3 available

Suggestions:

- Would be very good if there could be more players
- Highly recommend the quest menu and optionally the leader/muliboard

Final Words:

Overall it's clear that this map has high potental, just try to add those things I mentioned and you're good to go.

Rating:

I'm giving you a 5/5 rating and + 10 votes for approved. I will also contact the moderator to approve the map.

Cool, thx.
Ok mech fixed the player slot, its now 4 player map :p. Once i can i´ll fix quest log.

Known bugs:
-Don't build the hall near any other hall, as then weird things may happen, like all buildings destroyed nearby or you can this way even be able to build enemy race structures. The reason is the build system was planned for slightly different gameplay. So in case your reached your limit of buildings, don't try to extend it by simply build another near. Use expansion ones instead.
-Sometimes some units batalion non controlable will behave a bit oddly. To fix that just order the captain something and they will follow him.
-If for some reason the terrain turns black, shake camera a bit (using minimap screen), it is caused by tower and fort model, we will try to fix these models in future.

I think that gameplay isn't too complicated, so a player shall learn it quickly, maybe only to mention, the limit of buildings around one hall is 6 (or 7).

I tried making a map like this once... good work guys.

EDIT: I have some time, so I shall review. Note I only tested Humans in single-player, so if something seems unfair, its because this review is affected by this.

Atmosphere - 3/5 - I think it could've been more epic. The terrain was alright, but you should've used some custom imports and more doodads here and there. There are lots of useful resources in the UTMs. Other things, like custom UI and music would be appreciated, but seeing as how the map is already 5mb, it isn't as wise to include it. However, I think a Map Preview would have been good, just to polish the presentation. Now, for my first sentence, what I mean is that this seems like Wc3 with smaller, more numerous units. I think it needs some more 'epicness', I don't know how, but, maybe add(or replace with) some more interesting models, imported material (like UI and music) to polish the map, and the terrain as I said before needs some work. I don't know why your map is 5mb though, usually a map full of just models and textures(including icons) is about 3mb.
Gameplay - 4/5 - I would have given it a 5, but there are some things I don't like;
Squad systems, I love these, but somehow, I just dislike it when your squads are owned by another player. This makes control harder, and also allows a max of 6 players per map. There are much better ways of implementing them, for example you could just revert your selection to the captain once any unit of a squad is selected, and I believe adding AND removing the locust ability leaves units 'unvulnerable'(attackable), but also unselectable, though I never tested it and can't guarantee it works. Also, those numbers that appear, may I suggest either adding some better eye candy (maybe even make the text 'fade away', then just sit there and disappear boringly for 3 seconds), or perhaps giving the captain a passive ability that tells how many remaining units your squad has, OR you can combine BOTH, as it may be frustrating in the midst of battle, when you've either lost where your captains are or if they're already selected, to get a headcount of their squad members.
Building systems, not exactly polished and perfect, but hey, its the best you can do with what you wanted to achieve. But, it may be possible, once you hoard enough gold (this is possible), to spam your whole base area with buildings. Gets kinda non-spacy and looks bad.
Units, I only tested Humans like I said, but I found their units to be kinda boring and generic, with the exception of the Paladin dude and the Witchunter(the heroes, basically). But, I guess that was on purpose, like in other games similar to this (eg. Warhammer).
Other than this, it was a very good map. The gameplay was well though-out.
Fun - 5/5 - Yeah, pretty much awesome. I've never liked how Wc3 uses 1 unit-units, loved squad-systems since the day I bought Dawn of War. And, I bet it would be way better in multi-player (it was even fun testing it in single-player).
Creativity - 4/5 - Creative to a point. The gameplay-style is nothing I've ever seen in Wc3, however, I didn't like the units too much. And, I'm confused, the Drow look like Vampires and the Vampires look like skeletons... Also, Drow, couldn't you have called them the 'Damned', 'Cursed', or even the 'Dark Ones'?
Storyline - N/A - Not story-driven.
World Editor - N/A - Map is protected.
Overall - 16/20 = [4/5] - Please, I mostly pointed out flaws, because, well this is such a good map that I don't really need to specify the good points ;P Suggestions(my opinion only): change the squad systema bit, add in some better atmosphere and epicness, improve the terrain with some custom doodads.

Bugs/Errors - some description errors, I think it was Heroes Might or something, I forgot. Other than that, I couldn't find any.

Last edited:

Em!

Em!

Level 24
I tried making a map like this once... good work guys.

EDIT: I have some time, so I shall review. Note I only tested Humans in single-player, so if something seems unfair, its because this review is affected by this.

Atmosphere - 3/5 - I think it could've been more epic. The terrain was alright, but you should've used some custom imports and more doodads here and there. There are lots of useful resources in the UTMs. Other things, like custom UI and music would be appreciated, but seeing as how the map is already 5mb, it isn't as wise to include it. However, I think a Map Preview would have been good, just to polish the presentation. Now, for my first sentence, what I mean is that this seems like Wc3 with smaller, more numerous units. I think it needs some more 'epicness', I don't know how, but, maybe add(or replace with) some more interesting models, imported material (like UI and music) to polish the map, and the terrain as I said before needs some work. I don't know why your map is 5mb though, usually a map full of just models and textures(including icons) is about 3mb.
Gameplay - 4/5 - I would have given it a 5, but there are some things I don't like;
Squad systems, I love these, but somehow, I just dislike it when your squads are owned by another player. This makes control harder, and also allows a max of 6 players per map. There are much better ways of implementing them, for example you could just revert your selection to the captain once any unit of a squad is selected, and I believe adding AND removing the locust ability leaves units 'unvulnerable'(attackable), but also unselectable, though I never tested it and can't guarantee it works. Also, those numbers that appear, may I suggest either adding some better eye candy (maybe even make the text 'fade away', then just sit there and disappear boringly for 3 seconds), or perhaps giving the captain a passive ability that tells how many remaining units your squad has, OR you can combine BOTH, as it may be frustrating in the midst of battle, when you've either lost where your captains are or if they're already selected, to get a headcount of their squad members.
Building systems, not exactly polished and perfect, but hey, its the best you can do with what you wanted to achieve. But, it may be possible, once you hoard enough gold (this is possible), to spam your whole base area with buildings. Gets kinda non-spacy and looks bad.
Units, I only tested Humans like I said, but I found their units to be kinda boring and generic, with the exception of the Paladin dude and the Witchunter(the heroes, basically). But, I guess that was on purpose, like in other games similar to this (eg. Warhammer).
Other than this, it was a very good map. The gameplay was well though-out.
Fun - 5/5 - Yeah, pretty much awesome. I've never liked how Wc3 uses 1 unit-units, loved squad-systems since the day I bought Dawn of War. And, I bet it would be way better in multi-player (it was even fun testing it in single-player).
Creativity - 4/5 - Creative to a point. The gameplay-style is nothing I've ever seen in Wc3, however, I didn't like the units too much. And, I'm confused, the Drow look like Vampires and the Vampires look like skeletons... Also, Drow, couldn't you have called them the 'Damned', 'Cursed', or even the 'Dark Ones'?
Storyline - N/A - Not story-driven.
World Editor - N/A - Map is protected.
Overall - 16/20 = [4/5] - Please, I mostly pointed out flaws, because, well this is such a good map that I don't really need to specify the good points ;P Suggestions(my opinion only): change the squad systema bit, add in some better atmosphere and epicness, improve the terrain with some custom doodads.

Bugs/Errors - some description errors, I think it was Heroes Might or something, I forgot. Other than that, I couldn't find any.

Its an early release, were far from finished.:wink:

Dunno, maybe would be about 3 mb if models would be squished and textures more compressed. But I doubt they will compress so much, we have plenty of models above 100 kb. Now the import size uncompressed is 9 mb, compressing to 5 is a good deal.

6 players are more than enough. There are many units present, complex systems and with potential AI it will consume too much resources. I tried your version long ago, but it has a capital flaw, if you box select the some squads, many these selections will be wasted on troops, resulting to selecting only very few batalion, hindering the power of this system.

I never had need to check number of troops in batalion when in combat, I just quickly count how many troops I have overall, this is why I find this kind of displaying fine. If really needed the number again (usually only when in base reinforcing) I just reselect the captain which is usually on some ctrl groups.

We are still thinking what to do with building system. But I agree gold becomes income becomes too high when having more mines. Probably we will add upkeep to limit that. Also tower spamming on expansions is a problem, I already did some things to limit this, it's also the version where I'm testing AI.

Basically only warhammer. First humans were in usual boring medieval setting, that's why we decided to change and I'm not really fan of roman style. This style we have now is only in Warhammer, but almost absent in any other game.

1. Maybe you should try Mr. Bob's medieval buildings. Very low filesize, in-game textures, and some of them are outstanding quality (and they suit this kind of map). Other than that, perhaps you do need to squish alot.

2. Did you try the Locust - add/remove thing? I usually like 8 player-maps, 4v4, but that's me. And with your system, you can't have any teams (and I don't really like the -ally systems). Also, the units tend to fiddle and move alot when stopped.

Good luck continuing the map.