• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GreenDragonSwamp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This map is balanced and made for big,3on3 battles.

-----Stuff-----------------

-Starting-position-mines have 18000gold
-6 expands
-4 goblin-shops
-2 mercenary camps
-6 taverns (for each player 1)
-2 portals
-1 dragonroost
-a lot of creeps

-----Terrain-----------------

Ive tried to make a very nice terrain.I used a lot of doodads and worked with ground textures.Its fairly done for a good,long 3on3 battle.

-----Story-----------------

Every year there is a ceremony in this forest-the "Greendragonswamp-ceremony".Knights and magicians ride to the swamps and hunt green dragons.The best hunter will get a large reward and the trophy -the head of the biggest dragon.But who will win this year?

-----Credits-----------------

Thanks to Rui and Alex Septimus for their awesome reviews. I realy learned much!
Thanks to everyone,who download this map.
Thanks to my brothas: Edd and Max (Edd-3 and Marak-Zul) for their support and testing

-----Update-----------------

-Rockchunks were removed---THX Septimus (was my mistake)
-Story changed
-add. pets (frogs...)

-----Update 1.02-----------------

Some small bugs fixed--

GL & HF; guys!

Keywords:
Dragons,Knights,Kingdom,Fellwood,3on3,meele,satyr,terrain,wood,forest,swamp
Contents

GreenDragonSwamp (Map)

Reviews
11:28, 29th of June 2009, by Rui: This map has a few minor balance issues that need fixing. Drops also need rectification. Here are my review and bounty hunter2's. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

M

11:28, 29th of June 2009, by Rui:
This map has a few minor balance issues that need fixing. Drops also need rectification. Here are [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/greendragonswamp-94708/#post1188781]my review[/self] and [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/greendragonswamp-94708/#post1191751]bounty hunter2's[/self]. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Excellent (5)
2) Ingenuity -
3) Minor Error -
4) Replay Value - Excellent (5)
5) Fun factor/gameplay - Excellent (5)
6) Use of imported material -
7) Single player -
8) AI support -
9) Camera -
10) Originality - Excellent (5)
11) File Size - Excellent (5)
12) Balancing -
13) Packaging -Excellent (5)
14) Credits - Excellent (5)
15) Storyline - Average (3)
16) Theme -
17) Protection - Excellent (5)
18) Quality - Excellent (5)
19) Description/Information - Excellent (5)
20) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)

Total Accumulation Point : 58/60 + 35 (Review) = 93

[+] -
[!] -
[-] -

Review : Hmm, seems like you remove the rock chunks and the storyline look better now. I would change the rating to 5 instead.

It seems like you did not remove every rock chunks at south east (Refer to gold mine at 5 o'clock), but it doesn't matter since AI could reach the gold mine now.

+35 points for removing destructible that could effect AI player.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 93/100
Rating - 5/5
Condition - Very Good
Status - Approve
Review - 2
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Last edited:
Level 2
Ive downloaded and played this map with my friends.A very nice meele 3on3 map,
I like this terrain and doodadplacement.We had fun and thats the most important point of a map.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "GreenDragonSwamp", a melee map by Revan(Rom)

I liked the layout of the terrain a lot, it's far better than it seems through the minimap. I must warn, though, that not all player positions seemed equal.
There was a good ground texture variation, use of elevation... no holes on the trees, but that's because you used the square doodad placement, which I personally don't like. It's not like people wouldn't notice, you put it in a way that looks too obvious, because of the edges.

Jumping to the neutral building placement, it's quite alright, though I don't understand why the left side has a different placement than the right side (check the minimap). I also found a Fountain of Mana which had only a single entrance, turned to the north. I think Fountains should be accessible from both sides.

Next, the creeps, the usual screwup. You made nice green creep camps and set the correct drops for them... but I have my doubts about the Treants, because of the Entangling Roots spell.
The rest of the drops do not convince me. They're too overpowered. A Brood Mother and a few spiders cannot drop an item such as the Khadgar's Gem of Health.
There are also a few creep camps, such as the Furbolg Champion and the two Shamans which don't look very good either. The Brood Mother and her spiders also represent a red creep camp and they're not that strong if you have only a single air unit, since only the Brood Mother has Ensnare.

Overall a nice map, but at least the player positions need to be even and the balance issues fixed. I clearly noticed Purple's position has less room than Red's. Use the grid, if necessary.
My rating is a 3/5 (Useful). Remains Approved.

Last edited:
Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on GreenDragonSwamp

GreenDragonSwamp is a six player melee map made by Revan(Rom).

Well, the terrain of the map is quite decent. I would say average. What I don't like are the rocks. They are well placed but they should be a bit shrunk into the ground to get a more natural and better looking. Use the ctrl + pgdn for that. Also, the leaves and the grass tiles should be switched, since it's more natural to have leaves closer to the trees, not in the middle of the road where there aren't any trees.

The map is well balanced due to it's symmetrality, however the drops lack a bit and can cause imbalance. As Rui said the spider camp and the non green camps are quite overpowered. And the camp with the lyzards, I don't like how the same unit drops two items, rather separate it to another unit.

The neutral buildings are fine, although each side only had a fountain of mana or a fountain of health. I dislike that since it can prove as a advantage or a disadvantage, heavily depending on heroes and races. In one word - Imbalance.

The way gates prove as a nice addition to the game, making it more fast paced and interesting.

Overall, a fairly enjoyable map, that could use some drop improvements and terrain touch ups. 3/5 (Useful) and Approval.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I don't even need to review this. 5/5, you're taking the piss, right? O.O

Sorry to drop the formalities there, but I thought it was blatantly obvious.

EDIT: BUT I AM GOING TO REVIEW IT ANYWAY.

Shameful double post, nonetheless:

Green Dragon Swamp is a melee map in which massive 3v3 battles are played. However, it overcompensates on the word 'massive' and thus, many pointless features are included. For example, there are 3 taverns per side; it's understandable that each person may want a neutral hero, but this is way too many. It removed the feeling of the tavern, for me, and they simply became 'another building' -- nothing to be contested over.

Another thing of noticeable size was the amount of creeps. The map may be aimed at 'big battles', but don't forget that heroes can't advance past level 5 on neutral kills alone, and teams do need some 'breathing space', as per say, so that they can actually engage the enemy: creeping gets boring after a certain amount of time, and this really proves that.

Something I did like, though, was the Terrain. Everything seemed to compliment each other, and I couldn't see anything that looked too out of place, with the exception of some -- note, not all -- rocks. The creepy-gloomy feeling was felt throughout the map, which is good because it shows consistency.

All in all, areas need tweaking. The map wasn't a let down, however it was far from being anything special -- that's not to say it won't be, though. Keep working on it and tidying things up: far too many mapmakers submit their resources and leave things at that, there's always room for improvement.

This will be my last public rating, too. As I don't feel like people should publicise what they gave the map (on a mark out of 5) because it tends to impact on what other people vote. So, without further ado:

2/5.

Last edited by a moderator: