[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Maps

Gravity Hook 1.2.0
Created by Deaod ; Uploaded by: Deaod
Information
Uploaded:00:41, 1st May 2009
Last Updated:11:18, 5th Apr 2010
Type:Mini-Game
Category:Miscellanous / Other
Map Size:64x64
Playable Map Size:54x50
Suggested Players:1
Tileset:
Rating by users:4.83 (6 votes)
Hits:11613

(Hover and click)
Details
Gravity Hook 1.2.0
Inspired by Gravity Hook by Adam Atomic.

This map requires Reinventing the Craft and only works with WC3 1.24b and up.

Gameplay:
While you hold down your left mouse button you get sucked towards the mine next to your cursor when you pressed the button. As long as you hold down the button you are accelerated towards that mine. But: As long as you hold down the button you can collide with that mine. Once you release the button you can no longer collide with the mine, but you also lose the acceleration.
You will start to fall down, and once you reach the lower bound, you lose (unless you fall on the ground, in which case you will bounce).
You can also bounce off the walls.

The goal is to get as high as possible. You use the acceleration from hooking to mines to swing yourself higher. Then you hook the next mine and use that one as your catapult.

The red line indicates the mine you will be hooked to when you press the left mouse button, unless you are currently hooked to a mine, in which case it indicates the mine youre currently hooked to.
The white line indicates the mine youre currently hooked to. Its invisible while youre not hooked to a mine.

Screenshots:

Commands:
-fix: Sometimes, after reading the Quest-Log, the mouse triggers malfunction. This command recreates those triggers.

Credits:
- MindWorX and SFilip for RtC. Without their work this map wouldve been impossible.
- Adam Atomic and Danny Baranowsky for the original Gravity Hook.
- Vexorian for JassHelper, his Optimizer, TimerUtils, his dummy model and CSData.
- grim001 for fixing up the physics in this map.

Changelog:
Version 1.1.0
- Improved the gameplay by changing the way the acceleration towards the hooked mine is calculated.
- Improved efficiency by implementing simple unit recycling.
- Other minor performance related changes.

Version 1.1.1
- Hopefully fixed most problems related to starting this map.
- Added a command to fix problems related to viewing the quest log.

Version 1.2.0
- Updated to use the latest RtC version, which also brings compatibility with 1.24e.

This map is open source. You are free to copy parts of it (that is: only parts I have written, so nothing under External Libraries), and use them in your map. But: Your map has to be open source as well, if you directly copy anything.
This map may only be redistributed in its original state, being "unprotected" and readable with JNGP v5d.

For additional fun, try watching a replay of this map.
Moderator Comments (Highly Recommended)
00:34, 2nd Jul 2009
Linaze: I have not tested this myself, but you can see hvo-busterkomo's review at post #11.

13:06, 5th April 2010
ap0calypse: Very well-made game, it's brilliant use of RtC makes this the most unique game I've seen so far.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes minigames and likes progressive stuff.
Simple, yet very advanced...

This map is approved and works properly.

Download Gravity_Hook_1.2.0.w3x
(53.61 KB, 1584 Downloads)

Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Deaod
GUI sucks. Don't use it.

Deaod has disabled reputation
In anticipation of the first few bug reports:

HEY! YOU! YES, YOU. DONT YOU DARE TO SKIP THE DESCRIPTION. ESPECIALLY NOT THE FIRST FEW LINES.
Deaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Zelda.Alex
Inactive

Zelda.Alex has a spectacular aura about (125)Zelda.Alex has a spectacular aura about (125)Zelda.Alex has a spectacular aura about (125)Zelda.Alex has a spectacular aura about (125)
Quote:
This map requires Reinventing the Craft. The currently best way to get RtC would be to download the current version of JNGP (v5c).
What do I do after I download that. Where do I extract it?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Septimus
Who called in the fleet?

Septimus is a name known to all (742)Septimus is a name known to all (742)Septimus is a name known to all (742)Septimus is a name known to all (742)Septimus is a name known to all (742)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
ahhhh... it's been quite a time I never seen people submit a map with proper/decent description.

I recommend you to use hidden tag for those screenshot, it currently stretch the entire thread.

HIDDEN
This is how you hide it

+rep :=)
Septimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Deaod
GUI sucks. Don't use it.

Quote:
Where do I extract it?
Anywhere. Just make sure you have the InstallPathX value in your registry and its correctly set up.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User ap0calypse
User

ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)
Great description... I really wanted to check this map out, it's really good to see such a description ^^

Unfortunately, NewGen Warcraft doesn't work for me, there is some error about game.dll or ongameload.txt (both are mentioned), any ideas what might cause it?

("Could not hack game.dll Please post logs/ongameload.txt")

Edit:
The WE works perfectly, though.

I do wish to add:
GUI doesn't suck, it's very limited compared to JASS, but still advanced compared with other map-creator programs ;)
Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Deaod
GUI sucks. Don't use it.

erm, do you use 1.21b? RtC only works with 1.23, currently. So just make sure, you have InstallPath(X) set to your 1.23 version.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
User

ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)ap0calypse has a brilliant future (1399)
I've got 1.23, what exactly do you mean with "make sure, you have InstallPath(X) set to your 1.23 version."?

It's strange, though... everything works fine, except RtC and NewGen Warcraft (the RtC Launcher and NewGen WE work).
I've inserted the CD (to be sure), but it still gives the same error.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User Deaod
GUI sucks. Don't use it.

You can switch between 1.21b and 1.23 for testing by changing the InstallPath(X) key in your registry (Path is something like: HKCU\Software\Blizzard\WarcraftIII\). Make sure that key points to your 1.23 installation.

Other than that, you need to have a version that has not been altered in any way (cracks, ...).
Old 05-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Deaod
GUI sucks. Don't use it.

Version 1.1.1
Old 05-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User busterkomo

busterkomo is just really nice (294)busterkomo is just really nice (294)busterkomo is just really nice (294)busterkomo is just really nice (294)busterkomo is just really nice (294)
Gravity Hook 1.1.1 is a map that uses RtC to remake an addicting browser game into WC3.

Presentation was great; description, credits, and everything else were included.

The game was fun to play, and significantly harder than it sounds. The scripting was great, with a good use of the MouseAPI. I'm fairly bad at the game, but whatever, that's hardly a reason to downgrade it ;).

This review looks short, and it is. I really can't find anything bad about this map.

Rating: 5.0 and recommended for approval.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User N.O
User

N.O has little to show at this moment (23)N.O has little to show at this moment (23)N.O has little to show at this moment (23)
0/10 cuz RTC doesn't work cuz it doesn't exist b/c i can't dl it so I require help with this... otherwise it looks fun but one more thing you could make this without RTC...
N.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User Deaod
GUI sucks. Don't use it.

Quote:
you could make this without RTC...
Oh yeah? Tell me how. Id be very interested in that.

Anyway, you disqualified yourself from rating this map by not reading anything at all.
I mean, how can you miss my first comment?

After you successfully installed JNGP, open this map with the editor (the map's not protected) and without doing anything else, hit the Test Map button. The World Editor should minimize and WC3 should start up, directly loading the map. After WC3 finished loading, have a good time playing Gravity Hook.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.O View Post
0/10 cuz RTC doesn't work cuz it doesn't exist b/c i can't dl it so I require help with this... otherwise it looks fun but one more thing you could make this without RTC...
It doesn't exist, because you can't download it?
A lot of things do not exist, according to you :)

I think RtC is the main part of this map and it couldn't be accomplished without it, but if you have any brilliant ideas, share your knowledge with us.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Deaod
GUI sucks. Don't use it.

I demand a statement from whoever voted 1/5 as to why he voted 1/5. If there are bugs, report them.