• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frenzy TD v1.10

Frenzy TD
v1.10

About
This is a tower defense map which your goal is to of course protect the Prime Observatory from incoming enemies.

Gameplay
Your main priority is to kill any incoming enemies by building a tower to kill them off.
Remember, there's different kinds of tower and may be little rough at the start.

Version

v1.10
- Low-Level Towers' damage increased. (Archer, Multi, Poison, Cannon, Ice)
- High-Level Towers' damage decreased. (Archer, Multi)
- Low-Level Poison Towers' poison ability buffed.
- Wood Income's gold upgrade cost decreased.
- Reworked on Custom Minimap.
- Multiple Creeps' armor type changed to Fortified.

v1.9
- Gold Towers' System now uses Weep's DDS to fix mass Event leaks.
- Remodified difficulties' stats.
- Fixed Player 10, 9 and 8's handicap bug.
- Fixed that Player 8's units wouldn't get a "Difficulty" ability.
- Removed "Very Easy" Difficulty.
- Removed Corrupt Soul unit.

v1.8 (2017 Update)
- Spawn rate of Creeps is decreased.
- Creeps' Hitpoint is increased.
- Bosses' Hitpoint is increased.
- Amount of Players were set to 6.
- Optimized triggers.
- Redecorated the map.
- Fixed most bugs & leaks.

v1.7b
- New Gold Tower Lvl 6
- New Leave System. (This allowed to see if the player has quitted the game.)
- All towers lvl 1's targets now shown in the tooltip.

v1.7
- New Bash Tower Lvl 7-15.
- Added Wave Requirement to all Bash towers.
- Reworked on Terrain.
- Fixed that Tree on East side of the map opened instead of the east gate.
- Fixed "Destroy" ability.
- Fixed Poison Tower Lvl 12-20 due limits not being decreased.
- Fixed Frost Tower Lvl 17-20 due limits not being decreased.

v1.6
- New Poison Tower Lvl 12-20.
- New Frost Tower Lvl 17-20.
- Chaos Towers' costs increased.
- Remodified Poison Towers' requirement.
- All lvl 1 Towers' range now shown in the tooltip.
- Fixed where only the Host's builder and center spawns, not other players.

v1.5
- New Desolator Tower. (Building limits: 2)
- New Minimap.
- New Command: "-debug" and "-dtime"
- All players now able to use "-gamemode".
- Fixed Towers' tooltip grammar.

Screenshot

234345-albums7856-picture101300.jpg

234345-albums7856-picture101299.jpg

234345-albums7856-picture101298.jpg

234345-albums7856-picture101297.jpg

234345-albums7856-picture101296.jpg

Videos (Recorded by Owner/s)
I like to thanks everyone for those who enjoyed playing my map. I really appreciate it! ^o^

Credits

bear_369 - Mapmaker
Weep - Damage Detection System

This map is protected!

Contents

Frenzy TD v1.10 (Map)

Reviews
23:28, 31st Aug 2015 Orcnet: Map Approved, with the same conclusion of Ardenian's review: LINK

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Review Frenzy TD v1.5

Visuals - Aesthetics and Ambience

The terrain is not very important for the most TD maps, but it is good to see you added a bit of design.
You could think about designing the borders more, instead of massing trees adding some variety, like rocks, ruins or smaller decoration doodads.

Gameplay and Features

As you say in your map development thread, this map is highly inspired by Mafia TD, but I would say it is different, having its own gameplay.

The host can choose between different game modes, like difficulty and air on/off, which is great to give players some power.
The feature of lumber as kind for an end-game/ special currency is a nice idea and adds greatly some strategy.

The tower choices are rather average, nothing special or unseen.
Something you have to work on is balance, some towers are overpowered, for example Chaos Tower deals too much damage in the mid-game compared to its cost. I also dislike that most towers become useless in the end-game and are very limited in their upgrade count, like the poison tower.

Poison tower has not wave upgrade limit, by the way, whereas all other towers do have one, I don't know whether it is intended.

It would be great to have the tower range information in the tooltips, too.

Overall the game is enjoyable, but not very challenging ( on normal difficulty) and it feels simple, since you upgrade a tower to improve its ability, like Bash or Poison, and its damage, but no other stat is increased, which is of course no must, but something you could think about.

Result

I vote for Approval.

Considering the rating of other maps with a similar gameplay and concept, I vote for a rating of 3/5 Useful.

Level 14
Review Frenzy TD v1.5

Visuals - Aesthetics and Ambience

The terrain is not very important for the most TD maps, but it is good to see you added a bit of design.
You could think about designing the borders more, instead of massing trees adding some variety, like rocks, ruins or smaller decoration doodads.

Gameplay and Features

As you say in your map development thread, this map is highly inspired by Mafia TD, but I would say it is different, having its own gameplay.

The host can choose between different game modes, like difficulty and air on/off, which is great to give players some power.
The feature of lumber as kind for an end-game/ special currency is a nice idea and adds greatly some strategy.

The tower choices are rather average, nothing special or unseen.
Something you have to work on is balance, some towers are overpowered, for example Chaos Tower deals too much damage in the mid-game compared to its cost. I also dislike that most towers become useless in the end-game and are very limited in their upgrade count, like the poison tower.

Poison tower has not wave upgrade limit, by the way, whereas all other towers do have one, I don't know whether it is intended.

It would be great to have the tower range information in the tooltips, too.

Overall the game is enjoyable, but not very challenging ( on normal difficulty) and it feels simple, since you upgrade a tower to improve its ability, like Bash or Poison, and its damage, but no other stat is increased, which is of course no must, but something you could think about.

Result

I vote for Approval.

Considering the rating of other maps with a similar gameplay and concept, I vote for a rating of 3/5 Useful.

Thanks for the review Ardenian! :ogre_haosis:

Level 14
Share your map here: Frenzy TD v1.5

Play this map on Lan (garena), other player can't build and play, only host (red) build ????

I can't tell whether it's the building limit or something else. Do you have a replay of it or tell me how they can't able to build?

EDITED

I figured it out, Thanks for letting me know! :) Will be fixed in the next version.

EDITED (Map Updated)

Frenzy TD v1.6 is now ready to go!

v1.6
- New Poison Tower Lvl 12-20.
- New Frost Tower Lvl 17-20.
- Chaos Towers' costs increased.
- Remodified Poison Towers' requirement.
- All lvl 1 Towers' range now shown in the tooltip.
- Fixed where only the Host's builder and center spawns, not other players.

Now enjoy playing with your friends or everyone! ^_^

Last edited:
Level 14
Frenzy TD v1.7 is ready to roll. :3

v1.7
- New Bash Tower Lvl 7-15.
- Added Wave Requirement to all Bash towers.
- Reworked on Terrain.
- Fixed that Tree on East side of the map opened instead of the east gate.
- Fixed "Destroy" ability.
- Fixed Poison Tower Lvl 12-20 due limits not being decreased.
- Fixed Frost Tower Lvl 17-20 due limits not being decreased.

About the gate, they won't be opened by Player 9 and 10.

Level 4
I wouldn't really call it a bug, but sometimes during a wave, a few creeps would just stop and start walking back to gate. Was funny at first, watching them try walk all other creeps, but then it happened again and again...
Also, while playing with my sister, the creeps got stuck where they teleport in. So from wave 30+ all creeps were bunched and game froze.:confused: But still a good TD Map. Never upgraded towers soooo many times before:D

Level 1
Super fun map. Played with four others twice and we had a blast. Played on all easiest with air, we wanted fun without thinking too hard lol...so thanks for making that option. We'll play it on harder the next time around.

Level 1
Bug in v1.10, from player 2, the Gold Tower Level 1 always got 10 gold, instead of 5 gold and crit to 10 gold. Due to that, it can not earn Lumber when upgrade to level 3. And after upgrade, it always crit to maximum gold and earn very few Lumber (1/20 of the Player 1, i think). This map is very fun, hope you will fix it soon. Tks for your great work.

Level 1
Review and Feedback Frenzy TD v1.10
I will just talk about the gameplay

1. Some tower become powerless at the mid game, like archer and poison. But some are too powerful like chaos. Only the first boss is hard to beat because you haven't had the chaos tower yet, the others can't stand.
2. In my opinion, because of limited tower, and you can't refund when destroy tower, players will just build in one or two styles (like chaos + multi + slow + bash). They will not waste the gold in powerless tower.
3. I hope you will add more type of creeps, like Immune ( to immune slow) or Invisible or Fast movement, Healing, Aura... and due to that, more kind of towers will appear like anti-air or detect invisible,... The more type of creeps and towers, the more build styles, the more fun. [Like Green TD Mega]
4. Hope you bring back the 4 options from very easy to hard, or more options to 200%
5. Add the towers range and the creeps info for each wave (like Wave 25, Orc - Unarmored) are great. The command -wave [number] can help players can prepare for the next wave better. [Like Legion TD]
6. The Builder can be upgraded to build stronger towers or some building that unlock special ability. Because this maps is all about damage (even the slow tower), so instead of increase/decrease the tower damage, you can add some more stats (first to vary the type of upgrade, second to make the powerless more useful in the mid game.
7. The map is great, but not challenging. Nothing to unlock, or different for player to play again and try. After me and my friends win this game 3 times. They don't want to play this map anymore cause they know how to win. It is hard to create some new styles because the towers are limited (and now the map with trees). No new, no try, no mistake, never lose.

After all, i played W3 for very long time, but this map is fun enough to make me register an account and write some comment to make it better. It 4/5 to me and i hope you will make it become 5/5.
i love Tower Defense and i never think there is still and upgrade for old W3 maps in 2017. Thank you very much.

Level 4
Love the map, great for having a quick game to pass the time.. (usually during lectures). But I have encountered a bug. Player 1 gets lumber as usual from gold mines, but any other player doesn't. I've been playing with a friend these holidays and discovered that no matter where player 2 starts, they do not generate lumber (only receive lumber after wave). We resorted to sending lumber to player 2, and player 2 spamming gold to player 1 for lumber research. Aside from this though, map is still a favorite TD.